Home
Posted By: WYcoyote Brownout Travel Insurance - 09/07/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Makes perfect sense.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Brownout Travel Insurance - 09/07/22
😀
That’s virtue signaling for a dipshit….the gas used to charge the electric motor seems to defeat the purpose of going green in the first place but whadda I know I’m just a redneck..an ultra MAGA conservative that’s still careless enough to drive a 22 year old pickup truck that runs 100% on dinosaur juice.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Brownout Travel Insurance - 09/07/22
Maybe he’s just a poor putz that got sucked into the hype and now is just trying to get by. Everyone makes mistakes. I married a couple, and bought a Saturn (only one Saturn though).

Gotta wonder about resale value on those cars that run on lightning. There was a news story not long ago about the high cost of battery replacement.

All that gasoline back there could make a rear-end collision interesting.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Brownout Travel Insurance - 09/07/22
1) that TESLA actually runs off dinosaur juice anyway.... Thanks, AAs & 88s

2) the weight adds to it's consumption of same...

3) the aerodynamics are now all screwed up making it even worse....

4) to charge a TESLA at home on 120 takes about a DAY...........

5) with a TESLA home charger 8-12 hours....
Posted By: badger Re: Brownout Travel Insurance - 09/07/22
Not to mention that generator would likely take 12 hours or more to give it a decent charge...........
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Brownout Travel Insurance - 09/07/22
You'll start seeing a lot of used electric cars on the market after the fad wears off. The batteries and infrastructure isn't available to make them practical yet.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Brownout Travel Insurance - 09/07/22
Good Lord, it's the Ford Pinto all over again......
Posted By: Raeford Re: Brownout Travel Insurance - 09/07/22
Switched it from Coal Powered to........
I hope he has lunch and a porta-potty in the trunk. When he needs to stop and recharge with that little generator, he'll be there for a while. I can't see it well enough to tell if it has 240v but the smallest 240v I've seen is my champion 3800W. It's bigger than that.
Bud had a brownout the other day. Said he may have ruined his couch.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Bud had a brownout the other day. Said he may have ruined his couch.

When I read the heading. My Thoughts were
I carry Toilet Paper in all of my vehicles for that Brownout Insurance.
And i have used that Insurance many time to the point that I have had to renew the policy several times over the many years that I have had the Policy.
WYcoyote: Now that is funny - and a glaring commentary on the state of "woke" energy use in America today.
He-he.
Thanks.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire