Home
Posted By: stxhunter coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Tyrone Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Daddy like machine rest. Daddy want!
Posted By: JoeBob Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
That old lady could shoot both rifle and shotgun better thank most on this board and she could definitely ride a horse better than almost anyone you know.

I imagine if she could have, she would have rather been some moderately well off country gentry than a queen, but God had other plans. For someone who was not born to be queen and only ruled by accident of history, she did a good job as far as anyone can tell. Any parent should know better than to criticize her for the actions of her children. Many of us have done far worse with far fewer challenges. In any case, good or bad, she is gone on to her reward now.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
She raised and trained Labrador retrievers. In her later years, she didn't shoot, but her husband did. He did the shooting while she worked the dogs. When a dog brought a live bird to her, she'd personally wring it's neck.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
That look that says "Yes darling, that's the Queen holding you. "
Posted By: Pugs Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
And taking a little rifle practice at sea in her younger days.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by JoeBob
That old lady could shoot both rifle and shotgun better thank most on this board and she could definitely ride a horse better than almost anyone you know.

I imagine if she could have, she would have rather been some moderately well off country gentry than a queen, but God had other plans. For someone who was not born to be queen and only ruled by accident of history, she did a good job as far as anyone can tell. Any parent should know better than to criticize her for the actions of her children. Many of us have done far worse with far fewer challenges. In any case, good or bad, she is gone on to her reward now.

I like this post. I will add she's hunted the tiger..
Posted By: plumbum Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Trained as a mechanic too

[img]https://i.insider.com/5e86482a1378e312687e3a7d?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp[/img]
Posted By: grouseman Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Frilly hat, frock, and pearls. "Why of course, I'd love to do some shooting."
Posted By: jpb Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by plumbum
I think all drivers in the motor corps had some mechanical training. Princess Elisabeth drove an ambulance during the blitz on London for at least part of her service.

She, and others in the entire royal family refused the government's urging to evacuate to the one of the colonies for "the duration" which says something.

My Aunt June (a nurse) met the (then) Princess Elizabeth who was delivering a dead body which was very badly damaged when bombs hit a residential district of London (I can no longer remember which district).

[Linked Image from d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net]

I *DO* remember Aunty June saying that it was Elizabeth that cleaned up the blood and feces in the back.

Combined with the info from the above pictures, I'm sad she has died.

The current royals are a far cry... Meghan Markle being the low point IMNSHO. Thanks, California! eek blush

/John
Posted By: local_dirt Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by plumbum
I think all drivers in the motor corps had some mechanical training. Princess Elisabeth drove an ambulance during the blitz on London for at least part of her service.

She, and others in the entire royal family refused the government's urging to evacuate to the one of the colonies for "the duration" which says something.

My Aunt June (a nurse) met the (then) Princess Elizabeth who was delivering a dead body which was very badly damaged when bombs hit a residential district of London (I can no longer remember which district).

I *DO* remember Aunty June saying that it was Elizabeth that cleaned up the blood and feces in the back.

Combined with the info from the above pictures, I'm sad she has died.

The current royals are a far cry... Meghan Markle being the low point IMNSHO.

/John

Megan Markle is the low point, period.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
That’s pretty badass!

Her sons and grandkids like to shoot and hunt in a country that is mostly anti guns and anti hunting. That says something good about her.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
She was a class act in my opinion. She did a tough job for 70 years without scandal. The whole Megan thing could have blown up much worse. The queen knew it was all bigger than her.

Bb
Posted By: persiandog Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Posted By: rainshot Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
She was quite a lady and doesn’t deserve the bile many have put on her. She led a very long and eventful life very successfully. May she Rest In Peace.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by rainshot
She was quite a lady and doesn’t deserve the bile many have put on her. She led a very long and eventful life very successfully. May she Rest In Peace.

+1 ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: rainshot Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
That picture of the Shah Pahlavi of Iran is iconic. Wonder how relations with Iran would be if Carter hadn’t thrown him overboard.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Some drunken history concerning dates and time frames of events on this and other threads.

Things that could not have happened unless she had her own personal time machine...

I wont bother with laying out a sequence of events to prove.

I'm being kind...
Posted By: Bristoe Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
A lot of the Royals can't handle the discipline and structure that's expected of them and opt out. Queen Elizabeth's Uncle, Edward lasted less than a year as King before he abdicated the throne and bailed.

Queen Elizabeth took it on at a young age and maintained it for her whole life. Obviously, it provided her with an opulent life. But she would have had that anyway.

I respect her for having the discipline to maintain the tradition in such a classy manner. The position has a lot of perks to say the least. But it also requires a type of sacrifice that very few people will experience.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Go Granny... Go Granny... Go Granny GO!...
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
There is a picture of Nick Mason of Pink Floyd and the queen looking at the engine of his Ferrari 250
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
There is a picture of Nick Mason of Pink Floyd and the queen looking at the engine of his Ferrari 250

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by persiandog

Thanks Ol Buddy………she always drove stick I heard. Mechanical person.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by persiandog

I Say, Nicky Ol Boy... A spot more Timing and lean out these Carbs and she'll be running good as New!...
Posted By: JeffA Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
She was a car nut, and a collector..

This is her 1966 Aston Martin DB6.
Doubtful any chauffeur ever sat in the driver's seat, she drove these cars.
[Linked Image from static1.hotcarsimages.com]

She had this Imperial Midget Racer built to give to Prince Charles on his 7th birthday, who's mom thinks like that!
[Linked Image from static1.hotcarsimages.com]

Here are a dozen she had auctioned off in 2016.
[Linked Image from mms.businesswire.com]

Auction List

Here is another 25 'Crown Jewels' from her collection.

https://www.hotcars.com/25-rare-classic-cars-owned-by-queen-elizabeth-ii/

[Linked Image from static1.hotcarsimages.com]1948 Daimler DE
Posted By: colodog Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Great pictures!

With her passing it feels like the end of an era, when people were focused on handling their responsibilities and obligations with grace and determination.

These days it's all about , MY hurt feelings and look at MY selfie pics but don't ask me to care about anything but ME.

It makes me nauseous sick I'm not optimistic for the next generation being able to deal with life...
She had a helluva lot more intelligence, tact and dignity than the POS running our country....
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A lot of the Royals can't handle the discipline and structure that's expected of them and opt out. Queen Elizabeth's Uncle, Edward lasted less than a year as King before he abdicated the throne and bailed.

Queen Elizabeth took it on at a young age and maintained it for her whole life. Obviously, it provided her with an opulent life. But she would have had that anyway.

I respect her for having the discipline to maintain the tradition in such a classy manner. The position has a lot of perks to say the least. But it also requires a type of sacrifice that very few people will experience.

Well put.

+1
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
She was in Kenya when she learned her father had died, making her the Queen. Hunting was about the only reason to go to Kenya back then. I figure she was probably on a shooting trip. Hunting was still legal in Kenya in those days...........
Posted By: Osky Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
She was in Kenya when she learned her father had died, making her the Queen. Hunting was about the only reason to go to Kenya back then. I figure she was probably on a shooting trip. Hunting was still legal in Kenya in those days...........

She loved pheasant hunting as well and was a good shot when she was young. The Queens Sandringham estate was a favored place for that and you cannot imagine the number and sheer beauty of the guns kept in the Royal gun vault/room there.
Next to the Royal jewels kept in London it’s the most incredible man made collection of anything I’ve ever seen.

Osky
Posted By: cisco1 Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/10/22
Queen Elizabeth had a lot of diginity, she stayed in her lane , did not get involved in a lot of stupid crap.

Unlike her children, who can never be of any consequence .

She was very interesting , enjoyed a lot of outdoor sports that would be the envy of a lot on here.

May she rest in peace, she well earned it.
Posted By: Ramdiesel Re: coolpic of the queen - 09/10/22
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Seems like she was raised by some pretty good people. I watched the movie Darkest Hour recently about Winston Churchill and they portrayed her Father (the King) did not like Churchill at all as a person, but he was open minded enough to come to respect Churchill's ideals and backed him anyway...Not like the insane people today running our country and controlling the media that want nothing to do with working with the other side of the aisle to make the country better..
© 24hourcampfire