Home
Just that

Care to share?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Nope
Never got one from there, sonsabitches!
Don't have one, certainly remember them.
Handy for keeping elk calls in, they make holders for them like that now but maybe a little larger.
Remember them well though for coin holders.
I remember our Bank gave them away when we were kids.
Man, I haven't seen one of those in years. My grandad had a schidtload of them, but I probably haven't seen one since my Mom died. She used them a lot too.
Lol, I remember seeing my mom and other women using those a long time ago.
They still make those?
My dad gave them away back in the day. He had an "American" gas station.

Wished I still had a couple.
My dad always had one of those in his pocket to keep his guitar picks in. It now resides in the case with my guitar.
I found one at the walmarks, sounded like it had money in it I couldn't figger out how to open it
Used to pheasant hunt just west of there, went back In January. Population hasn’t been worth the trip the last few years though, probably won’t even go this year.
Those rubbery plastic things that open up like a cooter when ya squeeze em to keep coins in????

Like what you told me Sandbilly said he had IIRC one time and you didnt know what to say on the phone about it.
Awkward...

Me????
I woulda said to him "Dude.... you are a homo"...

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ€£πŸ€£
That’s what we always called a buck scrotum…his change purse.
I think I still have 5 or 6 of those....filled with coins as well.
It was a thing that some super salesman(men) managed to convince businesses that giving them out would lead to untold riches for them. Other things that some super salesmen managed to foist off were burlap material to churches for making banners and "industrial parks" for small towns.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I found one at the walmarks, sounded like it had money in it I couldn't figger out how to open it

LOL
Originally Posted by 5sdad
It was a thing that some super salesman(men) managed to convince businesses that giving them out would lead to untold riches for them. Other things that some super salesmen managed to foist off were burlap material to churches for making banners and "industrial parks" for small towns.

Yard sticks were real popular ones around here, too. Not those flimsy balsa ones, either, the 1/2" thick azz beaters. Still see those for sale at yard sales and junk shops all the time.
Who carries coins anymore?

Any coins I come home with go into the fun fund jar and not back out the door.
Not old ones like that, but I bought a couple new ones in bright orange to use as key fobs so Grandpa can find his keys, especially if he drops them in the yard or the woods. I replaced the ball chain with light tarred bank line after one broke for no apparent reason. You can fit a few .22s in one, but need to put a rubber band on it to keep them out of the washing machine.

I suppose that you could even put change in one if say, you liked to torment store clerks with interesting exercises in change-making so you can feel smug about yourself….
Had one when i was grade school.

Coins for my ice cream cup with the wooden spoon for lunch.

Dallas cowboys. My grummy give it to me, she lived in Irving, TX. Always a big deal me and my brother when when drove past the old cowboys stadium on the way onto to town.

Now…. Fug the NFL….
Also had a leather one…

My auntie gave me a Tandy leather kit 2 pocket change holder thingy.

Kind you stitch up yourself.

Had a folded dollar in one. Change in the other
Used to have a couple of them but that was in the 50's and 60's, darn near everyone had one or more back then. They were a cheap form of advertising back then.
I've got one in my pocket right now. I don't like having loose change in my pockets. I've got a spare for when this one finally wears out.
Jesus still loves you.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Dallas cowboys. My grummy give it to me, she lived in Irving, TX. Always a big deal me and my brother when when drove past the old cowboys stadium on the way onto to town.

Now…. Fug the NFL….
Slumlord told me to save this for 1 " special" member if he would bite on this thread.
But I just can't be mean to that person anymore.

But this post is perfect for this pic.
Sorry Big Dave.
Just too irresistible not to use it now.

πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈπŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈπŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈπŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜
Originally Posted by slumlord
Jesus still loves you.
Jesus loves doves too....

πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
🍦 🀣🀣🀣🀣
Originally Posted by renegade50
Jesus still loves you.
Jesus loves doves too....

πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Man up, yasorrysack'oshit !

I'm working !
Nope, slummer, never had one & don't remember ever seeing 1 before.

Back in Oz, ours were were made from kangaroo scrotum.

wink
Not anymore....did years ago. My FIL....he's 90, still carries one.
You know I do. In the hunting ditty bag year round.

Originally Posted by SuperCub

Yeah, it always amazes me how much money there is when I take my coin jar to the bank. Unfortunately they take 10% to run it through the coin sorter/counter. Oh well, fugg it.

To the OP of course I remember those, but I never saw anybody that actually used one. Not a terrible idea back in the day when a McDonald's hamburger was 39 cents I guess.
Originally Posted by Bobcat85
Not anymore....did years ago. My FIL....he's 90, still carries one.

They replaced those leather "purses" with the opposing snaps at the top that all of the old men used to carry. They would root around in there with a finger before drawing out a coin like it was the Holy Grail.
You need a new bank.

Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Yeah, it always amazes me how much money there is when I take my coin jar to the bank. Unfortunately they take 10% to run it through the coin sorter/counter. Oh well, fugg it.

To the OP of course I remember those, but I never saw anybody that actually used one. Not a terrible idea back in the day when a McDonald's hamburger was 39 cents I guess.
I've had lots of those plastic ones, haven't seen one in years. Grampa worked leather and used to make "coin purses". I still have one of his and know where it is, just don't use it any more. It's pretty old, Gramps died in 1960.
Nah, I just use a Crocodile Dundee kangaroo ball sack I got from my Australian relatives.
Purse? No

I carry a gentlemans leather coin sap. Any undesirables cock off to me they meet a face full of dimes and quarters.
Fine grained leather lets them know I'm part of the finer things club. Change on my person lets them know I'm 75+.
Fu.ck around and find out son!

Just that.

Originally Posted by FatCity67
You need a new bank.

They all charge for it here. It sucks but it is what it is. I ain't going to start stuffing coin rolls manually.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
You need a new bank.

They all charge for it here. It sucks but it is what it is. I ain't going to start stuffing coin rolls manually.

It would be much more fun to spend it - stand there meticulously counting out the exact amount while the line grows exponentially behind you. Almost as much fun as making them wait while you use paper money and demand that the clerk (genuflection required here) COUNT BACK YOUR CHANGE.
I wouldn't go small game hunting without a couple of those filled with 22lr in my coat pocket.
It always amazes me that people go out with more .22 lr rounds than the limit on game that they are pursuing. Didn't they have loving fathers who told them that if they went out with X number of rounds they had better come back with X number of animals or they didn't need to come back at all?
I had a leather one that folded like a ten sided star, looked like I carried a can of Cope.
I sure Paul Bernard has one, to go with his purse!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Originally Posted by colodog
I had a leather one that folded like a ten sided star, looked like I carried a can of Cope.

As did my dad.
Just that

Care to share?

Yep. Carry one in my pocket every day. When the cashier says that will be $7.46, I give them seven dollars, and reach into the purse and pull out four dimes, a nickel, and a penny. Change I get back from the cashier goes in there, too.

I was sent to first grade with one of those containing my milk money. They haven't changed in all those years. Same design and material.
One of my grandfathers used to carry one. He always wanted to give the proper amount owed for his purchases.
Miss that guy, he lived to be 105 years old.
Pocket puzzy

Now…. Fug the NFL….
Slumlord told me to save this for 1 " special" member if he would bite on this thread.

Sorry Big Dave.

πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just that

Care to share?

Yep. Carry one in my pocket every day. When the cashier says that will be $7.46, I give them seven dollars, and reach into the purse and pull out four dimes, a nickel, and a penny. Change I get back from the cashier goes in there, too.

I was sent to first grade with one of those containing my milk money. They haven't changed in all those years. Same design and material.

So you are the reason the cashier operated lines at the Walmarks are so slow.....

Lemme count you out $.83.....
Dad always had one or the leather one that was flat. We used to make them in my High School crafts class also. We had aluminum blanks that you’d heat up and dip them in liquid rubber, several dips until you got the thickness you wanted and then hang it back in an oven to cure. I bet I’ve still got one in some box of old crap some place.

Now…. Fug the NFL….

Sorry Big Dave.

πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜
Just that

Care to share?

So you are the reason the cashier operated lines at the Walmarks are so slow.....

In nickels and pennies..
πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜
It always amazes me that people go out with more .22 lr rounds than the limit on game that they are pursuing. Didn't they have loving fathers who told them that if they went out with X number of rounds they had better come back with X number of animals or they didn't need to come back at all?

Yep, that was my dad! That all ended when I could buy my own ammo.

LOL. Takes a couple of seconds. They pop right open by squeezing them. The alternative is to keep accumulating change in a bucket at the house.
I carried one during Desert Shield/Desert Storm with nickels & dimes in it to isolate hydraulic lines if needed.
Made a bunch of them in a High School plastics class. About 1977.
Don't know what happened to them.
Carry one every day.
Ok ....
I will fess up.

Pretty sure when I was 7 or 8 I had a Acadia National Park one from the souvenir shop on Cadillac Mountain.

The alternative was probably a useless dried starfish, sand dollar or spruce gum.....

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Just that

Care to share?

We shouldn't be in such a hurry.
Just that

Care to share?

I use all my change to fling at the beggars and bums at the stop light intersection like Rene. 😬
The Only Place you need one is in Justinland ..

Man that S hit Accumulates Fast ..
Yep, Don’t know what happened to them.
Like what you told me Sandbilly said he had IIRC one time and you didnt know what to say on the phone about it.
Awkward...

Where's that boy been lately? Anyone know?
No, all my change and 1 dollar bills go in my dresser drawer till I decide to count them.
https://improvinglifestyles.com/products/ctm-leather-squeeze-coin-pouch

Have one like this without a key ring feature!

Used to carry quarters all of the time cause the stupid vending machines wouldn't take cards or dollars!
[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

Have one of these around somewhere… picked it up on a trip to AUS.

Remember these. Dad used to carry both.
I used to work with a guy that carried one. This was just 9 years ago. I'll have to see if he still carries one.
They are still available if you really got to have one.
https://www.amazon.com/Made-Oval-Sq...&hvtargid=pla-348225386822&psc=1

I actually can think of a few places I can use some of those in the garage. Small parts like mig welder tips, motorcycle carb jets, screwdriver bits.

There is no limit or closed season on red squirrel here, why limit myself.
Just that

Care to share?

Grandma used to have one.
I have 6 or 7 from my Grandparents place. If you wanted your company to go places in the 1960s, you handed out these, church fans, and key chains.
My Uncle Johnny had one,had a St. Christopher medal on the chain.
He carried a box of nasty licorice mints too,i think they were called Sen Sens.
Originally Posted by superlight17b
He carried a box of nasty licorice mints too,i think they were called Sen Sens.
I remember those.
Remember those from years ago. Probably still have a few somewhere. Don’t remember carrying one much though. Change was kept in a small snap pocket stitched into my wallets. Always had some change in it, the folding money pocket was usually empty. Bet I have a couple of those old wallets somewhere too.
Just that

Care to share?

Not one of those new ones
"The Warden" carries one of the newer models that look like a mini-bank bag.
Keeps her drivers license, credit cards, some folding money, etc. in it.
I think I'm afraid to ask what "etc." actually is! smile
I remember making those in 6th grade shop class as Christmas presents for Mom and Dad. I actually found one laying in the woods a couple years ago. Probably had been there 30 or 40 years.
I have my grandfather's.

Flat, leather with a zipper. A little bigger than the plastic squeeze ones like you pictured.

Used to be a whole lot of businesses gave the plastic ones out as a promotional. Kinda like pens, nowadays................
Originally Posted by zcm82

Yard sticks were real popular ones around here, too. Not those flimsy balsa ones, either, the 1/2" thick azz beaters. Still see those for sale at yard sales and junk shops all the time.

Did a job at closed business last year and found boxes of yardsticks. Bet there was a thousand
© 24hourcampfire