Home
Currently winning the bid on a Diamondback Sidekick cheapy 22 revolver. Will know if I win in approximately 2 minutes! What's everyone else bidding tomorrow's paycheck on?
Great success. One is enough for me tonight lol. Nobody else?
Congrats.
Nope. I have a Kimber Subalpine 30-06 I bought in Idaho this past summer that needs scope and mounts sorting.
Just listed a Taylor Schofield on here...
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
Currently winning the bid on a Diamondback Sidekick cheapy 22 revolver.

So, Saturday Night Specials are making a comeback?
Currently winning the bid on a Diamondback Sidekick cheapy 22 revolver. Will know if I win in approximately 2 minutes! What's everyone else bidding tomorrow's paycheck on?

Had a hardon to bid on several CZ/ 715 Dan Wesson Pistol Packs for a while now, disposable income too damn tight at the moment (thanks FJB!) I could do something rash and accumulate stupid debt for a nice gun, that I don't really need (at all) or wait the year before things smooth out. I can wait (probably).
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

Had a hardon to bid on several CZ/ 715 Dan Wesson Pistol Packs for a while now, disposable income too damn tight at the moment (thanks FJB!) I could do something rash or wait the year before things smooth out and I accumulate stupid debt for a nice gun, that I don't really need (at all).

Had a DW 44 Magnum pistol pack a while ago, shot lights out and tons of fun.

Originally Posted by SupFoo
Currently winning the bid on a Diamondback Sidekick cheapy 22 revolver.

So, Saturday Night Specials are making a comeback?

For $250 shipped I couldn't say no to one of these. https://diamondbackfirearms.com/sidekick/ If it doesn't shoot too well, I'm not out much and it should be great for practicing. Certainly cheaper than shooting 100s of 357/38 has been this last year.
... Had a DW 44 Magnum pistol pack a while ago, shot lights out and tons of fun.

Thaaaanks for not helping! grin Shot really nice? They are all that, aren't they? Do you think yours would have out-shoot a typical 80' - 90's vintage Model 29 or 629?
I'd be happy with a .357 set right now. I'm sure I'll get about 10 Nigerian gun trader in MN PMs here 5 minutes after I post this... shocked
... Had a DW 44 Magnum pistol pack a while ago, shot lights out and tons of fun.

Thaaaanks for not helping! grin Shot really nice? They are all that, aren't they? Do you think yours would have out-shoot a typical 80' - 90's vintage Model 29 or 629?
I'd be happy with a .357 set right now. I'm sure I'll get about 10 Nigerian gun trader in MN PMs here 5 minutes after I post this... shocked

Anytime! Always happy to help friends make poor financial decisions lol. Was definitely tighter than my friend's 6 inch S&W 29-3. The both shot really nicely. The double action on the Smith is smoother, and it is lighter. The single action was glass rod smooth on both, I'd say the DW had a slight edge on overall accuracy. That barrel sleeve really helps and let's you set a damn tight barrel gap if you want. They're also definitely built stronger than the 29s.
Bought powder yesterday so gun buying will be on hold for a bit.
Bought something off Gunbroker a while back. Kinda pissed me off about them taxing me on a used item and then charging me a fee on top of it as well. They managed to up my purchase price by about 10%. Kinda done with that. Guns international from now on.
Sounds like a fedboy question.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Bought something off Gunbroker a while back. Kinda pissed me off about them taxing me on a used item and then charging me a fee on top of it as well. They managed to up my purchase price by about 10%. Kinda done with that. Guns international from now on.
There’s a lot of overlap but Gun Broker and Guns International to some extent cater to different markets.

Anytime! Always happy to help friends make poor financial decisions lol. Was definitely tighter than my friend's 6 inch S&W 29-3. The both shot really nicely. The double action on the Smith is smoother, and it is lighter. The single action was glass rod smooth on both, I'd say the DW had a slight edge on overall accuracy. That barrel sleeve really helps and let's you set a damn tight barrel gap if you want. They're also definitely built stronger than the 29s.

They show up often enough, I bet I can snag one! I swear I thought I had heard they had short, heavy but smooth DA pulls?
Don’t get me wrong, it is very smooth, it just stacks or gets heavier towards the end whereas I’d describe the Smith as being a more linear feeling pull. The DW is overall a better constructed revolver with tighter lockup than the Smith I was comparing with that day. Both had fairly high round count through them, and the Smith showed it a bit more in cylinder end play etc.
Got my eye on several
Don’t get me wrong, it is very smooth, it just stacks or gets heavier towards the end whereas I’d describe the Smith as being a more linear feeling pull. The DW is overall a better constructed revolver with tighter lockup than the Smith I was comparing with that day. Both had fairly high round count through them, and the Smith showed it a bit more in cylinder end play etc.
Same here. DW revolvers are robust well built revolvers with above average triggers.

The pre lock S&W 29/629 revolvers (no experience with newer models) have exceptional triggers.
Outright bought a T3X Superlite '06 with part of my oil royalty check (biggest one ever!) Boring chambering, but need one in the stable. Polly be boringly accurate too - just like last one, a T3. Need to see first hand what the action port improvements are grin
Went to Cabelas with a buddy tonight for a new pair of hunting boots for him and he walked out with an over under and 2 pairs of wool socks.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Went to Cabelas with a buddy tonight for a new pair of hunting boots for him and he walked out with an over under and 2 pairs of wool socks.
Hell of an up-sell!
👍
(Inquiring minds - what o/u?)
He wanted to get an O/U for banging around with instead of his many Brownings and a couple Berettas so he settled on the Tristar 12ga. He tends to be hard on the gear he hunts with regularly so he figured that for $800 he wouldn’t worry too much.
No bidding on guns but I did get a rifle transferred and reserved for me so I can purchase it on Oct 1st. Let's say that about half of that big dividend is going for my next sheep rifle which may be one gun to rule them all. I like the ergos of the Proof Research Elevation and I cut my teeth on a 300 winnie. It can pretty much make anything smaller than a bowhead whale just give up if the pills are right and placed in the right place.
© 24hourcampfire