Home
Posted By: StoneCutter Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
OK, we're here at work and we're having an argument on who would win a fight between a large grizzly bear and a large silver back gorilla. The bear might weigh 800 to 1000 lbs.? The gorilla only weighs about 300 to 500 lbs.?

My son and I say that definitely the grizzly bear would win.

Some of these dumb rednecks that work for me say the gorilla would win.

I told them that I would ask the wildlife experts on the Campfire. What say you?
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
OK, we're here at work and we're having an argument on who would win a fight between a large grizzly bear and a large silver back gorilla. The bear might weigh 800 to 1000 lbs.? The gorilla only weighs about 300 to 500 lbs.?

My son and I say that definitely the grizzly bear would win.

Some of these dumb rednecks that work for me say the gorilla would win.

I told them that I would ask the wildlife experts on the Campfire. What say you?
No contest. The grizzly. Even a large black bear could beat a silverback gorilla. Even a leopard is more than the equal to a silverback gorilla in a real fight. Silverbacks are known to intervene when a leopard has hold of a young gorilla, and its success rate in driving off the leopard (rather than being killed by it) is only about even odds, at best, and there's only one record of a silverback killing a leopard in such a situation. If there's a death, it's usually the silverback.
I thought this might have been a euphemism for something.
Grizzly-----they can break the neck of a bull moose with a swipe of front paw.
Both have powerful jaws and razor sharp teeth but the bear has the claws to go with it. They estimate that a Silverback has more strength than 7x the strongest man that you could ever find on earth. Those are some strong fuggers.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
Too many people been watching King Kong beat up T-Rex on TV if they think a Silverback is going to stand a chance against a coastal/Kodiak Grizz.

A much more even and interesting match to watch IMO would be a full-grown male lion vs. a similarly sized full-grown interior boar Grizz.
I’d say Grizzly for sure. A grizzly is just a nastier critter too.
Try to imagine a silverback standing up to this.

Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
My money is on the grizzly.
Years ago I read an interesting book called American Maneaters.
In it the author tells of a match between an African Lion and a Grizzly that took place in the late nineteenth century in San Francisco IIRC.
The grizzly killed the lion in just a few seconds and the crowd was outraged as they had paid good money to see this fight to the death.
Ol’ Ursus Horribilis is horrible, especially in a fight.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
In the Roman Colliseum the big bears always won. That includes against lions and tigers. and bulls.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
In the Roman Colliseum the big bears always won. That includes against lions and tigers. and bulls.
Yeah, I think all the recorded cases of Siberian Tigers killing and eating Russian Brown Bears were cases of the Tiger entering the den while the Bear was hibernating.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
Some funny stuff in this thread!
Originally Posted by ironbender
That sort of comment is open to two opposite interpretations. Which statements are funny?
Posted By: Longbob Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
I have hunted Africa and never felt under gunned (took a 458 Lott/35 Whelen). Bought a stainless 375 H&H for an eventual grizzly hunt which I haven't taken yet. Hope to soon.

In the mean time, we went to the San Diego Zoo a few years back and went up to their grizzly section. Holy smokes those two were monsters in my eyes. That was the first moment that I ever felt I would be under gunned with the 375. I know it isn't with proper shot placement, but it damn sure unnerved me.
Griz would smack the gorilla in the neck and it would be all over. The outfitter that I knew in British Columbia had seen a griz smack a 900 pound horse in the neck, one time, and broke the horse's neck.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
Guess I'm sadistic.

I'd bet Grizz.

But I wonder what would happen if they lived in the same habitat and the Gorillas had a chance to learn about bears?
Posted By: ERK Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
The gorilla would learn to haul ass if a bear was close.
A friend of mine was watching an inland grizzly on the North Slope. A gopher type critte r ran under a bundle of 3/4 treated plywood. He said the bear went over and lifted it with one leg and was clawing underneath it with the other. Sure. Impressed my buddy. Edk
Posted By: viking Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
Grizz, they just seem to walk around pissed off and hungry all the time.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
Stonecutter;
Good afternoon, I hope the last day of the week went acceptably for you and those you care about are well.

With the understanding that I'm an expert on exactly nothing and bears even less so, I'll mention a couple instances of bear encounters.

A buddy in northern BC had a 3 year old bull moose hauled out of the creek where it was cooling and most of the fronts, ribs, neck and one back leg were eaten or too messed up to salvage. He said it was dragged about 30 yards out of the creek, through some willows and onto a gravel bar for the meal.

Another fellow I worked for had a horse die in the Wilmore Wilderness in Alberta and that night, what he described as "the smallest excuse for a 5' grizzly you've ever seen" dragged it about 100 yards off into a creek bottom to feast.

Here's a video of an Alberta grizzly digging up a black bear sow with 3 cubs. It's pretty sporty towards the end and there's also a language warning too.

When I'm hunting solo on the mountain behind the house, where we've seen 10 different black bears this fall so far and grizzly bears use the area as a travel corridor, I do my best to pay attention for them for sure.

They're crazy powerful and incredibly fast.

We've seen a black bear come within a whisker of running down a mulie heifer who was booking it down the mountain for all she was worth and that goofy little bear nearly caught her.

Anyways sir, I could go on, but my money is on the bear every time for sure.

All the best and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne
Posted By: Brad Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No contest. The grizzly. Even a large black bear could beat a silverback gorilla. Even a leopard is more than the equal to a silverback gorilla in a real fight. Silverbacks are known to intervene when a leopard has hold of a young gorilla, and its success rate in driving off the leopard (rather than being killed by it) is only about even odds, at best, and there's only one record of a silverback killing a leopard in such a situation. If there's a death, it's usually the silverback.

Per usual, the resident expert has all the answers. No point in directing a question to anyone else, TRH will give you the facts. Just ask him.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
I saw a sight in the very earliest days of the North Slope on the Put River. Frontier Const had a camp there, and they had a big steel dumpster for the camp garbage...every bear in 40 miles was familiar with it. I don't think grizz and brown bear are the same, but anyway, about ten of us saw a big brown and a polar bear face off. not for long, polar bear backed down and brownie owned that dumpster. Of course I don't know if the polar bear had learned to back down or just didn't feel like a fight that day.
Quite a production when the bullcooks had to take out the garbage, first they would get a big Terex frontend loader, put the garbage sacks in the bucket with one of the bullcooks..then out to the dumpster they'd go, the bullcook would climb out of the bucket and open the dumpster hatch on top, throw in the sacks. If a bear showed up the loaderman would lay on the horn, raise the bucket as high as it would go and take garbage and bullcook back to camp for another try a few hours later. I heard later that some Einstein wired 220V to the dumpster to discourage the bears, a guy forgot to flip off the breaker and touched the dumpster, got his dick knocked stiff. Safety man nixed that plan.
That sort of comment is open to two opposite interpretations. Which statements are funny?

It means no one on this thread, especially you, has enough field experience to know the answer.
Grizz, no contest baby. Gorillas are impressive beasts but lack weapons of the Grizzly. Those claws are amazing.
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Stonecutter;
Good afternoon, I hope the last day of the week went acceptably for you and those you care about are well.

With the understanding that I'm an expert on exactly nothing and bears even less so, I'll mention a couple instances of bear encounters.

A buddy in northern BC had a 3 year old bull moose hauled out of the creek where it was cooling and most of the fronts, ribs, neck and one back leg were eaten or too messed up to salvage. He said it was dragged about 30 yards out of the creek, through some willows and onto a gravel bar for the meal.

Another fellow I worked for had a horse die in the Wilmore Wilderness in Alberta and that night, what he described as "the smallest excuse for a 5' grizzly you've ever seen" dragged it about 100 yards off into a creek bottom to feast.

Here's a video of an Alberta grizzly digging up a black bear sow with 3 cubs. It's pretty sporty towards the end and there's also a language warning too.

When I'm hunting solo on the mountain behind the house, where we've seen 10 different black bears this fall so far and grizzly bears use the area as a travel corridor, I do my best to pay attention for them for sure.

They're crazy powerful and incredibly fast.

We've seen a black bear come within a whisker of running down a mulie heifer who was booking it down the mountain for all she was worth and that goofy little bear nearly caught her.

Anyways sir, I could go on, but my money is on the bear every time for sure.

All the best and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne
I believe I've seen that video of the grizzly killing the baby black bear before a few year ago. Really sad for the baby bear. I guess mamma felt lucky getting away with two of them.
Originally Posted by Brad
Per usual, the resident expert has all the answers. No point in directing a question to anyone else, TRH will give you the facts. Just ask him.
Does your opinion differ?

No one knows you dumb ass. I deal with grizzlies yearly, but have no opinion, unlike you. No one can know for certain except under multiple encounters (which isn't going to happen, ever). What I do know is that most large predators are pussies at heart and don't want to get hurt. My gut feeling is a draw, but there's no way to know and it's a ridiculous question as they'd never meet.

It means no one on this thread, especially you, has enough field experience to know the answer.
I think it's understood that only a tiny percentage of human beings on the planet (if any) would be considered personally knowledgeable about the question, but it seemed like it was open to the opinions of the Fire members, generally, i.e., just a fun discussion. If I was mistaken in this assumption, I apologize.

The Real Hawkeye;
Good afternoon sir, I hope the week went well for you.

Thanks for the reply above.

I believe you've mistakenly misquoted me here as I emphatically did not write, type or think any part of that post.

Thanks in advance for correcting this.

All the best.

Dwayne
I think it's understood that only a tiny percentage of human beings on the planet would be considered personally knowledgeable about the question, but it seemed like it was open to the opinions of the Fire members, generally, i.e., just a fun discussion. If I was mistaken in this assumption, I apologize.

No one on the planet has the knowledge to make this call. Go back to your flat earth society fellowship...
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
Old grizzly can take down a walrus. Only an Alien Predator can beat a grizzly.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
at my place in Minnesota i use a wire fence with a electric fencer 24 hrs. a day tell freeze up only way to keep bears and raccoons away from areas i want not destroyed including bird feeder, garden ,garbage ,coons and black bears don`t like electricity.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
My money is on the grizzly.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

....and Chuck Norris.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
I think it's understood that only a tiny percentage of human beings on the planet would be considered personally knowledgeable about the question, but it seemed like it was open to the opinions of the Fire members, generally, i.e., just a fun discussion. If I was mistaken in this assumption, I apologize.

No one on the planet has the knowledge to make this call. Go back to your flat earth society fellowship...

Did it ever occur to you, the speculation is an exercise in having fun?

The Real Hawkeye;

I believe you've mistakenly misquoted me here as I emphatically did not write, type or think any part of that post.

All the best.

Dwayne
Sorry, BC. Error fixed.

Agreed. Just a fun discussion among Fire members. Perhaps, if you tell me why you're so angry, we could work it out.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Enlighten us as to the personal experience on which you base that claim. grin

PS I'm certainly no member of the flat earth society.
Ok so can a mean Toklat mountain grizz, kick a fat brown bears azz? inquiring minds want to know
Is there a David Irving society?

The Real Hawkeye;

All the best.

Dwayne
Sorry, BC. Error fixed.

The Real Hawkeye;
Thanks kindly sir, I do appreciate it.

Admittedly I'm speculating at best for sure - but my hunch and money would still be on the bear.

Thanks again.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by irfubar

Did it ever occur to you, the speculation is an exercise in having fun?

He’s having too much fun virtue signaling. His post(s) were well thought out scientifically based observations with citations and photos.

The Holocaust didn't happen? Yeah, you are.
Ok so can a mean Toklat mountain grizz, kick a fat brown bears azz? inquiring minds want to know
IDK but I bet that a polar bear could whip both!
As to the OP, I’d bet on the bear, but would pay to watch regardless.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Better check your white privilege there pal........ smile

Better check your white privilege there pal........ smile
😂
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
You don’t know much about Grizz dude!!
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
What a senseless question.

This is the question you should be asking:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
You don’t know much about Grizz dude!!

School us.

The only good thing about them is maybe they eat a feral horse once in a while.
Grizz wins but this is still pretty surprising pertaining to the two.
At the risk of triggering Brad.... I would put my money on the Grizz over the Ape... and the brown over the Toklat.... and the brown over the polar.... prove me wrong.. smile
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
a fight I wouldn't bet on.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/23/22
The big brown bears on Kodiak, looked like they could kick about anythings ass! I'd bet on the bear.
At the risk of triggering Brad.... I would put my money on the Grizz over the Ape... and the brown over the Toklat.... and the brown over the polar.... prove me wrong.. smile
No one on this thread, especially you, has the field experience to know the answer.

Brad
Posted By: irfubar Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
No one on this thread, especially you, has the field experience to know the answer.

Brad

I have slept with a few gorilla's in my day.... so there.... wink experience matters... smile
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
In the movie Prey, an Alien Predictor took a grizzly down, and he was hardly scratch at all. I have seen wolves take a grizzly, but they just wore it down until it too exhausted to fight.
Of COURSE the gorilla would win

The have opposable thumbs
Posted By: slumlord Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
What about Ditka…all by himself just driving the bus??

Toklat mountain griz? Pffft!

Tahltan bear dogs could kick their a$$es every time.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: plumbum Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22

Imagine capturing a live big bear with Roman equipment. Wow.
Originally Posted by plumbum

You are plumbdumb...
One thing not considered here is whether or not the gorilla had been raised in a Shao-Lin Temple.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
[quote=Sharpsman]You don’t know much about Grizz dude!!

School us.

The only good thing about them is maybe they eat a feral horse once in a while.[/quote

One swipe of a Grizz paw and he’d eat that ape! You ain’t got a clue!!
Posted By: Raferman Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
How old is sharpsman?
Originally Posted by Raferman
How old is sharpsman?

13 goin on 80
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
GRIZZ!
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
One thing not considered here is whether or not the gorilla had been raised in a Shao-Lin Temple.
Panda dude Panda, not Grizzly!😎
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22

They can build a Colliseum and catching a bear would be difficult? Not...
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Sitka deer;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the week went according to plane and that you're fine family are all doing well too.

While it was a long, long time ago when I was there - 1975 to be exact - and I've never been "that guy" who "feels things", I don't recall the Coliseum as being a pleasant feeling place at all.

I recall quite vividly being glad to be out and away from it. Somehow I'd thought it would be larger too, seeing Ben Hur as a kid and all I suppose. Not that it's small exactly, I just thought it'd be bigger somehow.

The only other place I've been that I could feel "something" was the Alamo, but it was different and I didn't want to get away from there the same way.

Anyways Sitka, back to the regular programming and out of the rhubarb and all that.

All the best to you all and good hunting this fall.

Dwayne
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Sitka deer;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the week went according to plane and that you're fine family are all doing well too.

While it was a long, long time ago when I was there - 1975 to be exact - and I've never been "that guy" who "feels things", I don't recall the Coliseum as being a pleasant feeling place at all.

I recall quite vividly being glad to be out and away from it. Somehow I'd thought it would be larger too, seeing Ben Hur as a kid and all I suppose. Not that it's small exactly, I just thought it'd be bigger somehow.

The only other place I've been that I could feel "something" was the Alamo, but it was different and I didn't want to get away from there the same way.

Anyways Sitka, back to the regular programming and out of the rhubarb and all that.

All the best to you all and good hunting this fall.

Dwayne

I have been to a few places of terrible history and "felt things" but not the Coliseum. But I have read quite a bit about the way they ran the contests. Christians did not get off easy...
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
I seen a grizzly drag a 3 year cow moose across a back eddie 6 foot deep and up a 16'cut Bank....whole.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
atvalaska;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the night's a fine one up north there and you're well.

That's pretty crazy when you think about it isn't it? Dragging a cow moose by itself up a bank like that.

When my buddy Jack was describing the little grizzly that had dragged off his dead pack horse in the Wilmore, I can still see him shaking his head describing how scrawny the bear was. Then he asked, "How many of us would it have taken to drag a dead horse 100 yards?"

Even when we've found rocks bears have dug up looking for grubs, it's a bit of a head scratcher sometimes and those were not grizzly bears, just garden variety BC black bears.

As I mentioned above too, my buddy, his girlfriend, my wife and I all witnessed a black bear chasing a mulie heifer and nearly catching it, which when we all considered just what we saw was another head scratcher.

Anyways, they do make the mountains more interesting for sure, especially since the brain trust in Victoria decided we can't hunt the grizzlies anymore so they've sort of lost respect for us.

All the best and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

Roman equipment?….slaves and chains? They had plenty of both slaves and chains but not as many wild beasts for the Coliseum as their blood lust demanded. 😉
The Holocaust didn't happen? Yeah, you are.

Whether something happened or not requires first that the something be defined, but there's a thread where this particular discussion is going on, and it's not this one.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
What about 800 pounds of bear vs. 800 pounds of Chihuahuas?
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
In the Roman Coliseum the big bears always won. That includes against lions and tigers. and bulls.

If the Romans had 800 pounds of Chihuahuas... or 101 Dalmatians... it would have been like Disneyland.

Almost
…or an 800 pound gorilla AND an 800 pound grizzly teaming up using effective communication and baseball bats against an 800 pound hummingbird bird?
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Wow ! That’s a bad trip mannn
🤪
Wow, this thread went sideways in a hurry. laugh

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I've been laughing my azz off reading it. I've enjoyed your real life stories and knowledge. Thanks.

It was such a dumb argument that I was listening to here in my office, I just had to find out what the experts would say. Thanks.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
What a senseless question.

This is the question you should be asking:

The upright duck of course. The rotated duck is leaning to the left, and we know that left wingers screw up everything that they touch.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
my group has had this debate between a tiger and a grizzly

and I've always been in the grizzly camp.

they try to show me videos of a cat chasing a black bear up a tree , like that means some schit
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Grizz wins but this is still pretty surprising pertaining to the two.

Interesting, at least we're not the only ones that raised this serious question. I'd still put my money on the Grizz also.

I showed this video to my guys. This one guy says that he'd still go with the Gorilla because he could "bob and weave" like Mohammad Ali. laugh
Posted By: plumbum Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22

They can build a Colliseum and catching a bear would be difficult? Not...

Of course they could, and did, but that must have been an exciting task.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
[quote=Sharpsman]You don’t know much about Grizz dude!!

School us.

The only good thing about them is maybe they eat a feral horse once in a while.[/quote

One swipe of a Grizz paw and he’d eat that ape! You ain’t got a clue!!

And WTH is he talking about?

Lol.
Posted By: viking Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Grizzlies and Sasquatches must avoid each other eh.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Originally Posted by viking

think man think.....why are sasquatches so secretive?.....grizzlies....bob
Posted By: viking Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by viking

think man think.....why are sasquatches so secretive?.....grizzlies....bob

Right😂
Originally Posted by JeffA
His guest is an idiot. Most people who've been mauled by a silverback gorilla survive with minor injuries.
Posted By: 4winds Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Out of all the myriad of animals that would defend against or kill to eat you, there are two that strike my mind with eyes that want to murder you out of shear HATE.

1. Grizzly
2. Cape Buffalo

How many "what pistol do I need for Grizzly" threads have been on here? How many for the gorilla?

Grizzly and it isn't close.
Originally Posted by 4winds
Out of all the myriad of animals that would defend against or kill to eat you, there are two that strike my mind with eyes that want to murder you out of shear HATE.

1. Grizzly
2. Cape Buffalo

How many "what pistol do I need for Grizzly" threads have been on here? How many for the gorilla?

Because we can't hunt gorillas lol.

How many posters have even hunted in gorilla habitat? Seen one?

I'd love to bag one. Hell I'd shoot a whole tribe of em. Hides, full body mounts, would be neat.

1. Grizzly
2. Cape Buffalo

I'd love to bag one. Hell I'd shoot a whole tribe of em. Hides, full body mounts, would be neat.

[bleep] let's go! Get the damned thing fully mounted and set it on the couch just to feck with people!

Jane Goodall eat your heart out!
Posted By: Raferman Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22

1. Grizzly
2. Cape Buffalo

😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

1. Grizzly
2. Cape Buffalo

[bleep] let's go! Get the damned thing fully mounted and set it on the couch just to feck with people!

When I win the lotto I’m shooting a gorilla. I’ll post pics, caliber, loads, the whole shebang.

1. Grizzly
2. Cape Buffalo

When I win the lotto I’m shooting a gorilla. I’ll post pics, caliber, loads, the whole shebang.

Since you're winning the lottery, I'll help you drag it out! Gonna cost you a lot of money (since you won) for my efforts.

Okay, dragging a dead bear out of the woods is a pain in the ass, think a gorilla would be worse?

This schitzz getting serious.
Wonder what you would use to shoot one with? 7-08?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/24/22
Originally Posted by JeffA

When idiots collide.

1. Grizzly
2. Cape Buffalo

Since you're winning the lottery, I'll help you drag it out! Gonna cost you a lot of money (since you won) for my efforts.

Okay, dragging a dead bear out of the woods is a pain in the ass, think a gorilla would be worse?

This schitzz getting serious.

That’s what local labor is for. But I’ll spring for bongo tags and bottomless gin and tonics
Wonder what you would use to shoot one with? 7-08?

Well Ruger used to advertise their .44 auto loader. I figure my Marlin .44 or mannlicher stocked 06 carbine.
10-4.
Seems like most people think the bear wins....

....but introduce an AK into the equation and all bets are off.....

Posted By: ltppowell Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/25/22
Interesting hypothetical. I wouldn't think a virgin gorilla would stand a chance, but if they actually cohabited, bears would be fetching balls for the apes in a few years.
Posted By: DBT Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Seems like most people think the bear wins....

....but introduce an AK into the equation and all bets are off.....

Which one is the ape....it's hard to tell.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear - 09/25/22
Dumbasses galore on here...for certain!!
© 24hourcampfire