Home
This week, Congressman Chris Jacobs (R-NY) introduced the “Federal Assault Weapons Licensing Act,” a bill that would establish a licensing system for prospective purchasers of modern sporting rifles (MSR).

Per the legislation, one would need to take a mandatory safety course, pass an FBI background check, submit fingerprints and provide proof of identity as part of the licensing process.

The license would need to be renewed every five years.

Anyone who already owns an MSR would be grandfathered in, however, if they wanted to buy an additional MSR they would need a license.

“My legislation is common sense and provides a straightforward licensing process to ensure those who are purchasing and taking ownership of assault weapons are responsible, law-abiding Americans,” Jacobs said in a press release obtained by GunsAmerica.

“We can honor and protect our Second Amendment, while also ensuring that dangerous weapons do not fall into the wrong hands. We must do more to ensure the safety of our schools and communities, and I urge my colleagues to join me in sponsoring this legislation,” he added.
SEE ALSO: Los Angeles County Creating ‘Buffer Zones,’ Demanding Gun Shops Keep Fingerprint Logs

Police officers and military personnel would be exempt.

The bill also allows unlicensed individuals to shoot modern sporting rifles at a range or while hunting if the license holder supervises.

Unlicensed individuals may also use one in self-defense to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm.

“While the overwhelming majority of Americans who own these weapons are law-abiding, responsible gun owners – the increasing trend of mass shootings with these weapons shows additional safeguards must be placed upon obtaining them,” said Jacobs.

“My bill will better ensure these guns do not fall into the wrong hands, while still protecting Americans’ ability to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” he continued.
RINO
Originally Posted by Huntz
“My bill will better ensure these guns do not fall into the wrong hands, while still protecting Americans’ ability to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” he continued.

I thought that's what the NICS was supposed to do.......
Never understood the safety course bits.

The "mass shootings" aren't happening because someone "accidentally" sets up a belt fed in the cafe. There's nothing happening because the shooter was "unsafe and didn't know how to use it" - it happens because they're psychos. Teaching them to become more proficient with it - seems to be counterintuitive.
Licensing will in no way be tied to your US digital currency...
Its for the children.
Jeebus.
I’m sure he isn’t smart enough to Conquer this all up on His Own..

Prolly some Soro’s, Bloomwon and a whole host of Manhattans Finest Dual Citizens money involved in
this “ Common Senselessness “ ..

These People Ain’t On Our Side..
Just a bunch of more GC bullsheat to harass law-abiding gun owners while doing nothing about criminals / gangsters committing all the gun violence.

In a related GC Issue: Stacey “Ghettopottamus” says if she is elected GA Governor, she will keep guns out of the hands of “dangerous individuals”. 3 guesses as to how she defines “Dangerous Individuals “.

Credit goes to Hatari for coining the term “ Ghettopottamus”.
Virtue signal from this rino. Fugem. “My bill will better ensure these guns do not fall into the wrong hands, while still protecting Americans’ ability to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” he continued.

Given that there are numerous failures of the current laws that were to prevent nut jobs from getting guns what is the likelihood THIS bill would perform any better? “We can honor and protect our Second Amendment, while also ensuring that dangerous weapons do not fall into the wrong hands."
Nope, nope and nope!
“My bill will better ensure these guns do not fall into the wrong hands, ,” he continued.

how?

whats in that law that is going to stop a crazy person from getting a gun?
That's not MAGA
What is his primary objective here?
He knows it’s not going reduce “gun violence”, or stop the FBI from organizing false flag mass shootings, so what’s he up to?

Could it be that the he is just throwing this out there in order to shut the Democrats up, when they claim he and the Republicans refuse to discuss “Gun Control” . He can shut them down with the introduction of this bill.

Or is he just another Democrat in disguise.

What is his voting record on previous Gun Legislation?
F-U-C-K him!
NY.
Blackheart probably agrees with him.
Originally Posted by KFWA
[i]

whats in that law that is going to stop a crazy person from getting a gun?

Removing all guns from the country as it turns communism is their wet dream.
Democrat elected as a RINO.
It won’t pass constitutional muster but that ain’t ever deterred them. Just because they have created a class of firearms out of thin air doesn’t mean that they can infringe on our rights.

Good luck with that…
Originally Posted by Huntz
Per the legislation, one would need to take a mandatory safety course, pass an FBI background check, submit fingerprints and provide proof of identity as part of the licensing process.

The license would need to be renewed every five years.

That is essentially what I had to do to get a concealed weapons permit sans the safety course before we went constitutional carry. Cost me 80 something bucks. Other states require people to sit through a class and shoot some targets as well....the "safety course".

The problem with mass shooters is that they are crazy. A background check is going to have to delve into records of mental health treatment, drugs, to even come close to meaning anything. If the current FBI has anything to do with it, not being a communist might get you denied.
Originally Posted by ingwe
F-U-C-K him!

With a phone pole.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
NY.
Blackheart probably agrees with him.
How do you like your new red flag and background checks on all private sales laws down there in the great land of the free jackass ?
He is not seeking reelection because of the backlash from his district for supporting biden's gun control act. I live in his district, it is mostly red. We don't like him.
with Republicans like that, why do we even need dhimmicrats? Looks like the prick has never held a real job in his life. Entire career is in 'public service
'
This must be unconstitutional. The purpose of the 2nd amendment is to enable citizens to defend their lives from criminals and their liberty from tyranny of government. If assault rifles are licensed by the federal it makes it impossible for the citizens to use the to defend against government tyranny.

Furthermore, only 3% of all murders are committed with rifles so assault rifles are used in under 3% of murders. Thus there is no reason to treat assault rifles differently than other firearms. The reason that progressive fascists are targeting assault rifles is that they are the best tool for citizens to fight the tyrannical utopia they want to impose on the USA.
My flintlock cares not about political affiliation.
How many times do they have to say “common sense” gun law 🤬?
I have a better idea. Mandatory life sentence for using a firearm in a crime.
Never thought I'd be thanking a Sununu, but 'we' owe the Gov bigly for signing off on HB1178.
NH LEOs won't be helping enforce this schitt.
Originally Posted by benchman

Define “crime”.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It won’t pass constitutional muster but that ain’t ever deterred them. Just because they have created a class of firearms out of thin air doesn’t mean that they can infringe on our rights.

Good luck with that…

They know it's unconstitutional.

But there's no consequences for them by doing unconstitutional chit.... So they keep doing it.

It gets struck down as unconstitutional, and they do it again. No skin off THEIR noses.
Fugg him and the horse he rode in on!
Get a rope!!
And when this “doesn’t work” they’ll have the foot in the door for more.

With friends like these who needs enemies?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Define “crime”.

Protesting election results with a concealed firearm for protection…
De Facto registration. I'm shocked.

Define “crime”.
A White guy defending himself from a black attacker.

Define “crime”.
Illegal stuff.

Define “crime”.
Illegal stuff.
Like being a Republican?
Same with who gets to decide whose hands are the "wrong hands"...... you dangerous right wing Militia Violent Extremists!
A NEW YAWK RINO. F-U-C-K him.

You got that wrong
Madatory Death Sentence
With only 1 appeal soon after the Guilty Ruling
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
A NEW YAWK RINO. F-U-C-K him.

As already said ," with a phone pole".
Originally Posted by ingwe
F-U-C-K him!

^^^^^
The R, followed by the NY, tells me ALL I need to know...
Public hangings are waaaay underrated.
© 24hourcampfire