Home
Posted By: BigDave39355 Gun show report - 09/25/22
Went to the local gun show.

Good bit of ammo, prices getting better.

$22 / box 9mm. $40/ box 6.5 cm.

Plenty of hand guns.

Some good prices, some not.

Bunch of shotguns, lever actions bolt guns.

I don’t follow the nicer shotguns and lever guns. Can’t report on those.

Is the new trend at gun shows “custom Damascus knives” ??

Several vendors peddling them.

Nothing custom about them. Look like gas station Pakistan knives.

$1 for $45 or 3 for $100. 🤣😂😂😂

Usual cast of characters.....

Raymond aNd Gladys were there.....

Gladys goes about 325#. Scooting around on the rascal. Got traffic blocked going both ways.
Raymond kept calling her over to look at something on the opposite side of the aisle, so she pulls it sideways across the aisle.

Saw Tommy Joe and Harold. They worked at the water works 25 years ago. So they gotta stop in the middle of the aisle and catch up on old times.

Worse wats to blow $8 i guess.

Beats posting news links in here.

😂🤣😂🤣
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
I’ve been known to wheel some inconsiderate bastard out of my way when they’re using their scooter as a way to control or inconvenience everyone else.

I don’t GAF how old or how important one thinks they are. Act like an inconsiderate ass and I’ll push you into the corner for a timeout. 😂

Middle aged menopausal women like to stop in the middle of the main aisle in the mall or Nordstrom’s and 8 or 10 bitches blocking traffic completely forcing people to go around……not me. I plowed through the center of their pow wow circle forcing one to drop her latte and the others to comment on how rude I was. I used a few bad words and explained how inconsiderate they were for blocking everyone and walked away laughing. They were thrown into a fit of hot flashes that likely ruined their day while my day had suddenly and significantly improved.

I hate people that think they are the center of the universe. I don’t know how those retards make it through life, they obviously survive because of the compassion of others, not because of anything they’ve done and more than likely they survive in spite of their stupidity.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
#preach

#🙌🙌🙌
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
Continual buzzing of tasers being demonstrated?
Lots of roasted nuts and jerky?
Tables with reps of various organizations looking at you like you are a Biden supporter when you pass them by?
Enough braided paracord to reach to Buxtahootah and back?
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Tables with reps of various organizations looking at you like you are a Biden supporter when you pass them by?

Only one jerky table, no samples , so i cruised on by.

Don’t think i heard a taser once....

Don’t recall braided paracord items either...

Did have several tables of older military type stuff..

Oh yeah.... the Osprey International 8 table optics spread...

Selling sniper scopes.

One big spread selling ar’s and what not.

Chick there had the former meth head look going on.....
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
No beaver nuts or dream catchers?
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ve been known to wheel some inconsiderate bastard out of my way when they’re using their scooter as a way to control or inconvenience everyone else.

I don’t GAF how old or how important one thinks they are. Act like an inconsiderate ass and I’ll push you into the corner for a timeout. 😂

Middle aged menopausal women like to stop in the middle of the main aisle in the mall or Nordstrom’s and 8 or 10 bitches blocking traffic completely forcing people to go around……not me. I plowed through the center of their pow wow circle forcing one to drop her latte and the others to comment on how rude I was. I used a few bad words and explained how inconsiderate they were for blocking everyone and walked away laughing. They were thrown into a fit of hot flashes that likely ruined their day while my day had suddenly and significantly improved.

I hate people that think they are the center of the universe. I don’t know how those retards make it through life, they obviously survive because of the compassion of others, not because of anything they’ve done and more than likely they survive in spite of their stupidity.

+ 1 On these morons who stop in the middle of everything and expect everyone to go around THEM ! I do the same thing,i blast right through them.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22

Pretty sure you're my hero...lol
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Selling sniper scopes.

NO JERKY SAMPLES???? eek

I'd have had to go back to the entry point and ask for my $8 back.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Pretty sure you're my hero...lol

I've got to remember the "push you into the corner for a timeout" bit for future needs.

Maybe carry a rock or wedge so they can't back the scooter out of the corner easily? Something at least so they have to get off and pull it out from under the wheel?
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Selling sniper scopes.

NO JERKY SAMPLES???? eek

I'd have had to go back to the entry point and ask for my $8 back.

Not even real jerky...

Various flavored Slim Jim sticks
Slummy be pissed if he was there.

"Where's that goldang bobcat jerky I heard about"
Posted By: poboy Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
Teriyaki bobcat jerky, yum.
Posted By: Teal Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
Last show I went to was at the VFW.

5 bucks to get in.

Grand total of 6 tables. 8-9 guns total.

My desire to ever go to another gun show is waning for sure. Even during the worst of the "panic" the LGS had more guns n ammo than that "show".

One day I went to visit the old gnome (now gone) that I used to hang out with. When I got there he was so apoplectic that he was barely coherent. "Something bothering you?" "I tell you, John, these old women! I was at the grocery store and these two old biddies had their carts parked in the aisle while they gabbed. They acted like I wasn't even there! I managed to squeeze my cart between theirs and just bumped one a little. The one bitch looked at me and said, 'Well, isn't that just like a man?' I tell you, John, I don't know how I controlled myself!" After getting him a beer and calming him down, I mentioned that I had always thought that it would be a good thing if I were allowed one cylinder a month in my S&W 19 to use at my discretion to improve the quality of people on the planet. This idea so delighted him that I found that he was explaining to people how he and I had come up with this great idea where I was allowed one cylinder in my 19 to take care of problem people. He had upped the allowance to per week instead of per month, however.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22

Plenty of hand guns.

Gladys goes about 325#. Scooting around on the rascal. Got traffic blocked going both ways.
Raymond kept calling her over to look at something on the opposite side of the aisle, so she pulls it sideways across the aisle.

Saw Tommy Joe and Harold. They worked at the water works 25 years ago. So they gotta stop in the middle of the aisle and catch up on old times.

😂🤣😂🤣

Osprey optics extravaganza tables????

👍👍👍👍

8 bucks spent for the sheer humanity entertainment value 👍👍👍
Originally Posted by renegade50

Plenty of hand guns.

😂🤣😂🤣

👍👍👍👍

Yeah,

but ol' Dave didn't even take no pics of said humanity to share with us folks.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22

GOD Bless the Ace.

Plenty of hand guns.

😂🤣😂🤣

👍👍👍👍

Yeah,

Announcement over loud speaker said “no pics or videos without the permission of the show promoters” .....

🤣😂🤣
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22

I'll say excuse me first, then if they don't move, I'll say get the fu ck out of the way!!! The last gunshow I attended, I had a table there. Good small town gunshow my club puts on. Great bunch of guys. There was a good assortment of reloading components and some rifles and pistols there. The best deal I saw was an original pre 64 model 70 30-06 with steel butt plate for $700. Rifle was made in 1950, but I was not in the market for a standard weight. Already have 2 pre 64 model 70 30-06 featherweights that I don't use and much prefer those over the standards. I sold some powder and bullets and some other small gun items. I also traded some H335 powder for some Big Game, H4831, and a box of bullets I needed. Worked out great because I only paid $26/pound for that powder last year... Another buddy walked out with a very nice early long tang Deluxe Winchester model 71. That's about how our small town gunshows go. No beanie babies, stained glass, dream catchers, or Jerky there..

Selling sniper scopes.

I shoulda read the thread before posting.

Ok...

What about stinking azz mofo,s.
Of varying types
The non daily showering, only take a bath once a week types.
Think my faves are the old urine skin soaked types from long term diaper use.
You know..
The ones so old, that you can almost see Grim walking behind them with a hand on one shoulder.

Or the extremely phatt fugg in a wheel chair whose bath lift is broke as fugg.

The greasy unwashed hair flounder from animal house.
Only he is the Redneck version.

Like a cloud around around them wherever they go.
And ya learn who they are and try to advoid being around them for the rest of the time you are in the show.

Fatt fuggs and some old fuggs are some smelly mofo,s

In the confined aisles at times at gunshows, it is a olafactory fuuuking felony being around em.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😆🤢🤢🤢🥴🥴🥴
Seriously....

Haji,s that had been wiped off with a dirty towel when they was born.
That ain't never had a shower in their life.

Don't smell as bad as some americans at gunshows do..
The stinky ones always tote the antique ww2 milsurp rifles around??

and the Jimenez Nickle played pistols...
The boy with the dust cloud around him on Charlie Brown comes to mind

Plenty of hand guns.

😂🤣😂🤣

👍👍👍👍

Yeah,

Announcement over loud speaker said “no pics or videos without the permission of the show promoters” .....

🤣😂🤣

Dang, gotta teach you everthin wink

https://www.wordnik.com/words/surreptitious

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

adjective Obtained, done, or made by clandestine or stealthy means. synonym: secret.

from The Century Dictionary.

Done by stealth, or without legitimate authority; made or produced fraudulently; characterized by concealment or underhand dealing; clandestine.
Acting in a crafty or stealthy way; guilty of appropriating secretly.
Gotcha....

Need some of those camera eye glasses.....
The stinky ones always tote the antique ww2 milsurp rifles around??
Not around here generally.

Here they have a mossberg 410 pump....
Or a POS single shot SG of some type.

Then ya got Mr. BDU 40 to 60 yr old guy all dressed up for the show carrying a POS whatever with a 4 Sale sign on it.

And the typical I wanna talk to table guy about whatever abstract .22 he had when he was 10 in 1947 and wont STFU...
And wont move the fugg on while 3 others are trying to look at guns.
And you can tell the seller is thinking go away please people wanta look at my schit....

Then ya see the same guy 2 aisles over doing the same schit all over again at another table ya wanna scope out.

See reference to Grim in earlier post to determine this particular demographic.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🥴🥴🥴
Gotcha....

Need some of those camera eye glasses.....

Your flip phone, that's out in the glove box turned off, prolly ain't got a camera?

Held like your reading a t,ext, but it's in camera mode, quick flick of the wrist to bring it up for a shot, click with your finger.

Bingo, undercover pitchers!
Getting close to the end of the month.... get low on minutes in my cricket phone....
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by earlybrd

Pig Pen 😁
Getting close to the end of the month.... get low on minutes in my cricket phone....
better get yo azz to the Walmarks and buy some more minutes when the SS check comes then.
better get yo azz to the Walmarks and buy some more minutes when the SS check comes then.

No walmarks for me.

Don’t do self check outs....
I swear to God some cats just go set up tables with such ridiculously high prices, they don't intend to sell, they just go to shows to socialize cause they are lonely.
Sad....
They will talk with you for lenghty amounts of time.
Usually taking over the convo to things well outside the possible sale of a gun you might be interested in.
You see em with the same stuff repeatedly at shows.
I have just learned not to waste my time.
Even if you approach them with a reasonable offer, say within 25 to 50 bucks of their price.
And they absolutely refuse to negotiate at all.
And ya see em repeatedly at shows and they actually increase the price.

That kinda tells me a gunshow is social event for em with 0 intent to sell and the guns are just bait to draw someone into the vortex of a convo with the guy.

Is what it is.
But I have learned to advoid these guys on the circuit around here.
Time thief's is what they are basically.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😬😬😬🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🥴🥴🥴
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by earlybrd

Pig Pen 😁
Yes that’s the one tried to post a pic

No walmarks for me.

Self checkout is the debil...

And I dont get paid to be the checkout person or the bag boy.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😀😀😀

Psst....

Alot of the types that say this I bet have people do their shopping for em now at wally world.
While they park and wait in all those ex primo parking spots up front.
Them and all those pharma refill fuggs with their ex primo parking spots they take up now also

Both 75% fuuuuuking empty 90% of the time...
😡😡😡

PS...
Hope your wilted lettuce and squishy tomatoes you had
shanaynay pick out for you, give you the quivering schits and tear that azz up....
Posted By: Ward Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
You shop at Nordstroms? I haven't been there since ditching the suit and tie days twenty some years ago.

Had an old bat blocking the aisle at the grocery store the other day and rather politely asked her to move. She said she'd move when she was ready and I called her a rude beotch. I'd turned around when she bellowed 'Would you say that to your wife or daughter?' She entered a session of primal scream therapy after I calmly told her "I have.'

No walmarks for me.

Self checkout is the debil...

And I dont get paid to be the checkout person or the bag boy.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😀😀😀

Psst....

Alot of the types that say this I bet have people do their shopping for em now at wally world.
While they park and wait in all those ex primo parking spots up front.
Them and all those pharma refill fuggs with their ex primo parking spots they take up now also

Both 75% fuuuuuking empty 90% of the time...
😡😡😡

PS...
Hope your wilted lettuce and squishy tomatoes you had
shanaynay pick out for you, give you the quivering schits and tear that azz up....
Sis in-law drives by um teen grocery stores every day and drags the fam out on saturdays for grocery pick up and don’t get half her schitt blows and complains blows my mind 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Mr.Rat fugg seller.
Say you find something like a sling at the bottom of his rat fugg collection.
No one has ever even offered to buy it or even interested in it in years.

No price on it.

You offer 5 or 10 bucks on it.

All of a sudden it is worth 95% of a brand new price and it is in avg condition .

No thanks dude...
Can get brand new at wally world or LGS for 2 dollars more than what you want now that someone is interested in buying it.
And you have had it for the last 15 gunshows and ain't seen it since you threw it in the box after you found it at a yard sale for 50 cents....

Then ya walk away...
Sale lost ebenezer... maybe someone will buy it 3 yrs from now...
👍👍👍
🥴🥴🥴
Mutha fugga,s so damm tight with a buck as sellers.

If they lost a legit bet with you for a case of beer.
It would take em 24 yrs to pay off the bet 1 beer at a time...

😄😄😄
"Well, I've got $X in it." Like that matters to me?
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22

WOW,
My wife would have to take a double take just to make sure you were not her husband.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
Any Weatherby Vanguards with a huge Barska scope for $1200?
Failed to mention….

Afterwards had Raisin Canes for lunch.

Woot! Woot!

Love me some canes.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
VFW in Dale City is a pretty good show (or at least it used to be when I lived there)... excellent chow from a real kitchen as well.

Back when I built more (700s and ARs mostly)... I used a color code system for guns and ammo cans.

Local vendor had a "Special needs" daughter that was a wizz on paracord...

Did me some GREAT SLINGS!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Huntz Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22

You are my hero!!!
"Well, I've got $X in it." Like that matters to me?
And you know they are lying out of their azz.
Got it for 1/3rd to 1/2 of what they want at the show.
Bought it off some local in dirtville hometown.
Jimmy,s grampy died and he got it out of the closet while everyone else was at grampy,s funeral.
The ones that really tick me off are the goof ball ammo fuggs who dont hunt or shoot.

Living in a moss covered trailer collecting welfare and or SSI disabilty combo schit.
The ammo/ mag guy born in 1956 that was the last U.S. marine embassy guard to get on a bird in Saigon circa April May 1975.
Uh huh......

That dude is a big poser on the local circuit around here.
Lies flow freely out of his mouth.
And his 3 rat dogs piss all over the floor around his 8 or 9 tables.
Other sellers get ticked off having to be around him, his fatt as fugg old lady and their annoying rat dogs.
Ole lady about 450 on the hoof.
Never leaves her reinforced wheel chair.
Must piss in diapers.
Falls asleep for hours in the chair also.

Always a chuckle poking the poor cats that are set up around him.
Couple of em say they always ask the show people where is he gonna be at cause I dont wanna be around him at all.

Dude claims he joined the Marine Corps as a 16 yr old in 1972.
I have heard him say he was force recon to me once...
Uh huh....
Even talks Navy seal stuff I have overheard.
Did 4 years....
He probably was in the corps.
But his drunken math and stories are total bullschitt and 90% of the table guys know it.

Big ole fat phugg human jabba the hut on legs.
Always wears a Marine Corps red collar shirt
Same with the hat
Both dirty as fuuuuuk...
Bout 6' 3"
325 pds of flab.
Glasses
Fugged up crossed eyes.
Gives ya a headache if ya look at his face for more than a couple of seconds.

I bet if some members have gone to gunshows in the greater mid TN area they know who I am talking about.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Gun show report - 09/25/22
I can't believe anyone still goes to these chitshows... But - whatever floats your bobber..
Posted By: poboy Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
We are not allowed gun shows in Travis Co. anymore.
I miss going to them. mainly looking at knives.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
My last one was Knoxville about 3 months ago.
Biggest in the area.
450 500 tables.
Been wanting to go it for about 4 years.
Finally said fugg it.
Hoping to see different variety and vendors.
Vendors yep, same basic mould types.
Variety... nope.
Just compounded..

I should have stopped at the western sizzler on the way back.
That would have made the trip worthwhile....

Cave city ky last summer had the highest concentration of ruger 77 boat paddle rifles I ever seen in a show around here.
Musta been a regional craze for em.
At least 6 or 7 of em

In case anyone in interested in those that is the place to go look around here.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
Originally Posted by poboy
We are not allowed gun shows in Travis Co. anymore.
I miss going to them. mainly looking at knives.

There was one legit knife dealer there.

Old retired dude, I’ve seen him at several different shows.

I’m a sucker for Case trappers.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
Failed to mention….

Woot! Woot!

Love me some canes.
Gonna hafta look those up.

I love raisins.

Well, ain't that the schiedts. Why not just call 'em chicken fingers.
Posted By: Papag Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
Kid and I went to one about a year ago. Lots of guns, ammo and accessories. Lots of other crap. Guns, priced 30-50% higher than in stores, Ammo, some offered loose by TBE round, even 22s.
Quite a few posers. One or two hottie wives there behind tables of ache it solely to draw the goobers in. Listening off to the side it was plain they knew nothing about the stuff their old man had for sale.
I bought a "tactical"' ball point pen as punishment for wasting my time.
Saw a few of my old guns I'd sold a year or two before. I did well when I sold them and would bet the guy that had them took 'em home at the price he had on them.
Not much in walnut and blued steel.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
Rattlesnake eggs
Posted By: Tuco Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22

Bullseye. Plus, the following: dog t-shirts, flags, Watkins spices, plastic blow guns, boat-loads of Chinese "tactical" scopes, ninja swords, DVD's of "Triumph of the Will" and old newsreels of speeches by Hitler, and a plethora of garbage knives.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
Rattlesnake eggs

You know full well that buzz worms don't lay eggs!
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
Failed to mention….

Woot! Woot!

Love me some canes.
Gonna hafta look those up.

I love raisins.

Well, ain't that the schiedts. Why not just call 'em chicken fingers.

it’s got nothing to do with Raisins…..

#sheesh!

#boomer
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
Some of these descriptions remind me of why I quit the gun show circuit both as customer and vendor. Waste of time.
Posted By: pullit Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
Reading this thread has me sitting here almost crying, I am laughing so hard, because I have seen everything y'all are talking about at almost every show.

Guy had a rust covered Winchester model 12 plain barrel with no trigger group or lifter assembly at a show I was at this past weekend. Wanted $500 for it, and it looked like the wood had been used to drive nail with, ruff is an understatement! He could not figure out why I just walked away and never made an offer.....

My mom raised ugly kids, not dumb ones.....
Posted By: JPro Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
Have skipped the local shows for about a decade now, for the reasons mentioned above. Went to a bigger show last summer that was about 90 minutes away. Just more of the same but at a larger scale. My dad still mentions wanting to go to a gunshow every now and again, but then he's mad when they aren't the shows he remembers from the 80's. I didn't see one used gun at this most recent show that caught my attention. The new stuff was priced higher than Academy Sports. There were giant blocks of tables covered in no-name offbrand tactical crap and ChinaScopes. It's about like going to an autoshow and all they have is lots of brand-new Daewoos nobody wants and the occasional clapped out Fox body that's allegedly worth $20k.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Gun show report - 09/26/22
I don't have the patience for gun shows. I haven't since my 20's and that was a long time ago.
© 24hourcampfire