Home
I see that he has out a new Netflix movie 'Robin Hood'. From what I read, he plays a soldier who finds Loxley dying on a battle field and steals his identity. I suspect it's as bad as 'Noah' which was one of the worst movies of all time.
I actually may go see this one. However looks like they utilized some of the aerials out of the Russian "War and Peace".

I like Phoenix's acting. I like Crowe's, too, but the plots of some of his movies are atrocious.
I concur, sir!
I believe that is a 2010 film and it was pretty good with Cate Blanchette.
Not that bad of a movie.
I just got done reading The History of Napoleon. The guy was a very interesting character who was a military genius and who could be a monster one minute and altruistic the next. I'm looking forward to this movie mentioned by kaywoodie. I always try to abide by my own rule to read a/the book before ever watching the/a movie.
I'm the opposite. The book is always better than the movie. Usually the movie is a letdown. I'd rather watch the movie first so when I read the book its an improvement.
Originally Posted by duke61
I believe that is a 2010 film and it was pretty good with Cate Blanchette.

Yeah the movie has been out a while. It was pretty good. And no woke-isms IIRC. It's be a few years though.
I liked it a lot.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm the opposite. The book is always better than the movie. Usually the movie is a letdown. I'd rather watch the movie first so when I read the book its an improvement.

I agree Rock Chuck. World War Z was a classic example of a great book, and a terrible movie.

Ron
I also think books are always better than the movies they inspire. As good as the Lonesome Dove miniseries was, the book was way better.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I just got done reading The History of Napoleon. The guy was a very interesting character who was a military genius and who could be a monster one minute and altruistic the next. I'm looking forward to this movie mentioned by kaywoodie. I always try to abide by my own rule to read a/the book before ever watching the/a movie.

I can see the logic of going that way RC. My problem with that is I often have run into "well, that sucked" which ended up dissuading me from reading the book. Like I said, I do see the logic.
Russel Crowe? Have you seen that fat bastard lately?
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

TheBigSky,

If you ever get the chance, (if you haven’t seen it already) I highly recommend the French Director Abel Gance’s 1927 epic masterpiece, Napoleon! He used some first ever cinimagraphic features! Great movie. Especially if you see the one with the new music score I think done for the re-release in 2016.

Be prepared this was suppose to have been like four 9 hour episodes! He only finished one episode and only got as far as the Italian Piedmontese campaign!!!! It’s an awesome flick!!!!!
Thanks for the info kaywoodie. I appreciate it.
Watch The Nice Guys.

Maybe you’ll feel better.
Originally Posted by deflave
Watch The Nice Guys.

Maybe you’ll feel better.

Great Flick.
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Nope, don't plan to unless it's accidental
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

Why no love for Russell?Is he liberal or something?
WHO ?
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
WHO ?

Maximus Decimus Meridius
Max, for short. Max Meridius. 'Maxy' to his friends.
Don’t what happened to him, he just let himself go. Too much Bacon 🥓
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

Why no love for Russell?Is he liberal or something?
Everybody liked Gladiator, I thought it was lame. Then he's in almost every movie like Tom Hanks was. Just never cared for him.
I see that he has out a new Netflix movie 'Robin Hood'. From what I read, he plays a soldier who finds Loxley dying on a battle field and steals his identity. I suspect it's as bad as 'Noah' which was one of the worst movies of all time.
No, it was pretty good.
He was great back in the day. Quite possibly his best role...

For his older movies, I reallyliked him in L.A. Confidential and Virtuosity. I actually thought he did an excellent job in Gladiator.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
He was great back in the day. Quite possibly his best role...

Great movie.
Master & Commander is another great movie.

Unless you're gay.

Unless you're gay.

That was good.
This is the first movie I saw him in. Virtuosity.

Originally Posted by local_dirt

Unless you're gay.

That was good.
Yep.

Unless you're gay.

M&C rocked!!!

Unless you're gay.
Any of you guys seen Cinderella Man?

It's kinda good.
Seen it. Pretty good
Not a bad movie, until Blanchett suits up in armor at the end and joins the battle.
Crowe is one of the rare actors that isn’t a bitch ass pûssy in real life.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Crowe is one of the rare actors that isn’t a bitch ass pûssy in real life.

I watched Legend of the Tristan the other night.

Funniest fugking schit ever made.

LOL

It's kinda good.
Yep. Another excellent Crowe movie.
Unhinged is one of the funnier movies I've seen.
Crowe did an excellent job in A Beautiful Mind. He should have won another Oscar for it, but the pussy’s at the Academy who’s votes matter, didn’t like that Russell had punched a Paparazzi in the face for being in his space...

Crowe, might have also been shîtty-faced...At least he could still snap a sharp jab, hammered.

🦫

It's kinda good.
Russell was quite the brilliant actor when he was young and put in some effort. I do love :A beautiful mine:
It's a timeless movie.
.. I suspect it's as bad as 'Noah' which was one of the worst movies of all time.

Absolutely the worst movie ever produced, pure garbage.
He's gotten OLD and FAT!! Too many ribeyes!!
Unhinged is good too.

I wish more people behaved that way.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
He's gotten OLD and FAT!! Too many ribeyes!!

You wanna fugk him?

LOL
The latest movie I saw him in was the new Thor movie. He was Zeus. Not one of his finer moments.
Saw the good guys a few weeks ago, I liked it!
Originally Posted by viking
The latest movie I saw him in was the new Thor movie. He was Zeus. Not one of his finer moments.
They couldn't get Anthony Hopkins to reprise the role?
Pretty soon he will be doing voice overs for Disney cartoon movies.

He ain't made a good movie since Gladiator and Master and Commander.....
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Crowe did an excellent job in A Beautiful Mind. He should have won another Oscar for it, but the pussy’s at the Academy who’s votes matter, didn’t like that Russell had punched a Paparazzi in the face for being in his space...

Crowe, might have also been shîtty-faced...At least he could still snap a sharp jab, hammered.

🦫
That was his other good movie for a grand total of 3....
So, I open thread to see someone talk about a new Netflix movie and see that someone is bitching about a fifteen year old movie like it’s brand new? That about right?

Pawpaw, Crowe hasn’t looked like that in at least a decade.
I liked the one where he took care of his family and then had to spend the rest of his day dealing with an errant bleeder.
© 24hourcampfire