Home
It's getting pretty windy here.

Hope to provide an update later.

Don't plan to fish, hunt or go to the gun club today....damn....already tired of hanging around the house.

Deer season is open, also shrimp...clams and oysters open tomorrow but now oyster beds will be closed due to runoff...could shoot doves tomorrow if they're not all blown away, but probably too much clean up work to go anywhere.

Got lots of components....guess I better load some ammo, but damn, I want to play outside.

Damn hurricane anyway....
Same here, Just finished up 500 rds pistol.

Wasting time on 24hr might be all to do today.
We are suppose to get rain this afternoon then all the way into Sunday, hopefully no flooding. You guys stay safe and dry.
Wind is whipping up harder, been raining like a sumbitch since last post. We are right on a tidal marsh off the Ashley River and water is about a foot below our lawn right now, but tide is outgoing. I'm sure a lot of streets in town are completely flooded, but I'm not going out to look. Hoping we don't lose power.
I have family in that area. Murrells Inlet and Myrtle Beach. Fingers crossed
I have a buddy who lives on Daniel Island. Starting to sound pretty rough there in the Charleston area.
Here in central SC it is ANOTHER in a never ending stream of NON EVENTS. They HYPE for days about the apocalypse and then it always magically diminishes to a light rain and breezy day. Case in point... three days ago they were predicting large power outages (read: run on gas and bread/groceries) and 40-60 mph winds with 6-9" of rain.

Currently we have 20mph breezes and possibly 1/2" of rain.

Our weathermen could not get Yesterday's forecast correct.
We are supposed to get more showers come through so maybe we will get 2" of rain... hope so, it's dry.

And this is the COLDEST "Hurricane" I have ever been in... it's 57 degrees here.
It's windy and raining here .... radar says it's about to get heavier but, meh, we needed rain badly. The Good Lord is giving Mother Nature a tall drink of water right now. Tall cool drink .... it is oddly only 50° while all of this is going-on. Very very odd temp for this time of the year and day especially with a tropical storm moving-through. I suspect this storm is sucking down cool air from up north ... which means this storm will dump tons of rain but will lose energy and peter-out quickly.
Send some of that wet stuff this way.

Average yearly precip here is 12.44"

Water year ends tonight................we're at 8.84" ..

Might as well live in AZ or someplace warm. 30F here at the house this morning.
I took off work to get food plots done yesterday, we had a 85% chance of rain for this morning, rain chances went down to nothing. Oh well, atleast the work is done.
House sitting in Robeson county NC........much more involved with the path of the cone here.....getting pretty windy.....gotta hope we dont lose power....

I do have left over pizza, candles, matches and
McKenna fire water ....just the essentials
President demented squinter struggling with the teleprompter now......what a mess........
I hauled a huge load (20k+/- pounds) out of our Stafford farm yesterday... after running the skid steer and forestry mulcher all day.

High risk/high reward bourbon at 23:30 last night...

I am pooped pup today... napping my ass off as the rains pound us on the Chesapeake Bay...

Selling the place... if any Marines at Quantico are interested...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/62-Shallow-Creek-Ln-Stafford-VA-22554/12621603_zpid/
I'm tired of the rain. Wanted to go shoot some new to me pistols today but that's washed out.

Could have shot them Wed but had to haul the crazy mother in law to the doctor and that took the whole day.

Screw a hurricane.
I think I have almost reached the end of the internet....
I was thinking the same thing. It’s 54 degrees here. Wind is getting pretty heavy too.
Well, that wasn't much of a hurricane. Hell, we never even lost power...not that I'm complaining.
Pre storm sunset her on the Bay (last night... FYI... not my pic).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Raising hell here right now. I heard they lost much of the Cherry Grove and Pawley’s Island piers.
We ended-up with some downed trees ... lost power around 3PM. Was back-on by 4PM. Still raining, temps in the 40s which is still super odd.

It's supposed-to-be done, gone, by 2AM.

Tomorrow we get back to normal around here with minimal chainsaw work. The dogs are ready ... they've driven me nuts all day. Stir crazy.
© 24hourcampfire