Home
Posted By: Ringman Granddaughter's driving! - 09/30/22
September 26, 2022 will be a day I remember for a long time. Not because it was my fifty-eighth wedding anniversary, but because I spent most of the day in the 2019 Nissan Frontier pickup with my granddaughter. Kayla’s mom, Deana, told me, “Kayla likes to drive.” When I picked her up in Boise, Idaho she told me she likes to drive. The speed limit in Idaho is 80MPH so I didn’t get any idea how fast she really likes to drive

Once we got past Ontario, Oregon and the speed limit is either 55MPH or 65MPH her true driving attitude began displaying itself. For awhile she drove about 80MPH. Maybe that was to check my reaction. Once I didn’t react, she got serious and went to her comfortable cruising speed: 110MPH! I told her, “Did you know 100MPH is 146 feet per second?” She didn’t react.

Later I discovered she is not used to passing. At one point she passed about a half dozen cars. In the distance we saw an approaching car in the oncoming lane and she started to let up on the throttle. I excitedly exclaimed, “Stand on it!” I guess she never heard that before so I quickly changed it to, “Don’t let up on the gas!” Once we were safely back in our lane she asked, “Is my driving scaring you?” “Only when you let up on the gas when you’re passing,” I responded.
Double yellow lines mean nothing to her as long as she can see far enough to pass. Painted islands were too much for her to ignore, though. I found that interesting.

Somewhere south of Bend, Oregon we were cruising about 100 – 110MPH because there was intermittent traffic. At one point as the trees opened up I noticed a cop parked at the side of the northbound lane about one hundred feet away. That was about 2/3 of one second before we were even with him. Another two seconds and we were one hundred yards past his location. Apparently he was looking at his computer or reading something because he never came after us. I was certainly pleasantly surprised. A guy at the gas station told me he got pulled over for 84MPH in a 55MPH zone. The cop told him, “If you were going one more mile per hour faster I would have to arrest you for feloniously endangering others on the highway.”

“No! No! No!” I hear Kayla excitedly saying. About 200 yards up the road from us a car pulled onto the highway. That’s less than four second away. The car headed across the road. “Go behind it!” I quickly ordered. At one point I saw a truck about a quarter mile ahead pull onto the highway heading in the opposite direction we were traveling. I asked, “Did you see that truck pull onto the highway?” “No,” she answered. I was surprised because in about seven or eight seconds we would have encounter it.

In conversation she seriously told me, “You know, Grumpy, I’m not one of the smart people.” It is amazing because her mom has genius level intelligence. Her mom started talking at five months and at one and a half years of age could carry on a conversation. I guess I am not too smart for not saying something about her driving. But what could I do? I was spending my time watching for coyotes, jackrabbits, pronghorns, deer, or even wild horses. I think the wild horses should be eradicated, but that’s just me. O yea. I did see four chipmunks, but not all at one time. And there was a fox in one field.
When we arrived at her mom’s house in Grants Pass she announced, “We made pretty good time, didn’t we.” I responded, “If I was driving we would probably be just getting into Bend about now.” I took her two year and three year old sons out of their car seats and let them go see “Grammy” while I unloaded the pickup.
what did I just read?
On Wed., we drove US20 through Burns to Ontario. A lot of that was under construction and had no lines painted. We followed pilot cars several times. With all the curves and backed up traffic, 80+ could have been fatal.
It sounds like she drives like our daughter who's about 40. She's insane and will scare hell out of anyone.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 09/30/22
Kayla will very soon be a sad memory, I fear.
I just have one question.

Why did YOU let her do that? And with 2 toddlers in the car, no less...

I frankly don't have the words... eek
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 09/30/22
oh schidt.........
Posted By: rockdoc Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Yes. Anyone can drive or ride fast. But not all do it with skill.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by rockdoc

tell that to the dick heads that drive I 15 through the Salt Lake valley
Originally Posted by tikkanut

My wife has to drive that about once a month. Traffic going 90 during rush hour. She hates it.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

My wife has to drive that about once a month. Traffic going 90 during rush hour. She hates it.

I've heard that stretch of I15 called The Mormon 500.
Posted By: hanco Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
That is too fast, ain’t riding in no vehicle going 110
Posted By: drover Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

I drove south through SLC on I-15 a month and I was surprised at how well the traffic flows now with all of the construction finished. I just came back north through there two days ago I got on I-15 at Springville and went to the center lane and I ran a steady 70 mph from Springville to Ogden. I was the slowest vehicle on the highway, everone else appeared to be running 80 mph or more. It was the easiest and least stressfull trip I have ever made through the SLC metroplex.
On the other hand since I was only doing 70 I would probably fall under the definition of a dick-head.

drover
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

And how many innocent people will she take with her? A vehicle moving at 110 MPH is wielding some serious momentum. crazy

L.W.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
I run about 9 mph maybe 16km downhill
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
There’s fast and then there’s stupid, especially a young, inexperienced driver.

I would not ride with someone driving like that. They don’t have a clue about reaction time, stopping distance, , etc
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

Did it on Wednesday and will be doing it in the opposite direction tomorrow.
Keeps me sharp.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
I’d have to say your post shows how little you care for your grandchildren. Sad.
That you’re not embarrassed to post about it is also very sad.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I run about 9 mph maybe 16km downhill

Fuggin’ Jamaican Bobsled did better than that.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Wtf did I just read?

Your granddaughter had best pray that if she happens to hit me on an Oregon highway, driving like that. She better hope that I’m dead and she is too.

Otherwise I will make sure she looks like she’s been in a 100 mph car accident by smashing her face into her steering wheel until she is dead.

She’s a Fück’n idiot, and so are you RM for not making her stop and ride as a passenger.

🦫
Sounds like she inherited plenty of the Ringman genome.

Luckily for you OR residents 97% chance this is attention whoring bullsh*t.
Ringman is the same dude that fell for all of Happy Camper’s ear tickling

Genius sure flows from your loins
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Fuucking idiot.
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Hopefully so, Brah....Dying because of ‘stupid’ on a road, ain’t on my bucket list. Smashing someone’s face until dead now is. Lol.

Color me shocked.

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Hopefully so, Brah....Dying because of ‘stupid’ on a road, ain’t on my bucket list. Smashing someone’s face until dead now is. Lol.

Color me shocked.

🦫

We all die someday, its in Gods hands. All we can do is pray on it with brother Ringman, ay men.
Posted By: DaddyRat Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

^^^^ this
Posted By: BobMt Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

hopefully she will wreck and die in a one vehicle accident......get her off the road so she doent hurt and or kill someone else....bob
Ringman: Get on top of that speeding situation with the Granddaughter!
Speed kills.
Speeding makes the outcome of every accident worse - often MUCH worse.
Good luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Well good old Ring fug chewed on my ass one day as I was taking happy crapper to task. So it is good to see him pronounce himself as absolutely clueless...mb
I can't believe you didn't make her pull over so you could take the wheel.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I can't believe you didn't make her pull over so you could take the wheel.

Probably safer with her driving rather than her idiot grandpa.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by Ringman
September 26, 2022 will be a day I remember for a long time. Not because it was my fifty-eighth wedding anniversary, but because I spent most of the day in the 2019 Nissan Frontier pickup with my granddaughter. Kayla’s mom, Deana, told me, “Kayla likes to drive.” When I picked her up in Boise, Idaho she told me she likes to drive. The speed limit in Idaho is 80MPH so I didn’t get any idea how fast she really likes to drive

Once we got past Ontario, Oregon and the speed limit is either 55MPH or 65MPH her true driving attitude began displaying itself. For awhile she drove about 80MPH. Maybe that was to check my reaction. Once I didn’t react, she got serious and went to her comfortable cruising speed: 110MPH! I told her, “Did you know 100MPH is 146 feet per second?” She didn’t react.

Later I discovered she is not used to passing. At one point she passed about a half dozen cars. In the distance we saw an approaching car in the oncoming lane and she started to let up on the throttle. I excitedly exclaimed, “Stand on it!” I guess she never heard that before so I quickly changed it to, “Don’t let up on the gas!” Once we were safely back in our lane she asked, “Is my driving scaring you?” “Only when you let up on the gas when you’re passing,” I responded.
Double yellow lines mean nothing to her as long as she can see far enough to pass. Painted islands were too much for her to ignore, though. I found that interesting.

Somewhere south of Bend, Oregon we were cruising about 100 – 110MPH because there was intermittent traffic. At one point as the trees opened up I noticed a cop parked at the side of the northbound lane about one hundred feet away. That was about 2/3 of one second before we were even with him. Another two seconds and we were one hundred yards past his location. Apparently he was looking at his computer or reading something because he never came after us. I was certainly pleasantly surprised. A guy at the gas station told me he got pulled over for 84MPH in a 55MPH zone. The cop told him, “If you were going one more mile per hour faster I would have to arrest you for feloniously endangering others on the highway.”

“No! No! No!” I hear Kayla excitedly saying. About 200 yards up the road from us a car pulled onto the highway. That’s less than four second away. The car headed across the road. “Go behind it!” I quickly ordered. At one point I saw a truck about a quarter mile ahead pull onto the highway heading in the opposite direction we were traveling. I asked, “Did you see that truck pull onto the highway?” “No,” she answered. I was surprised because in about seven or eight seconds we would have encounter it.

In conversation she seriously told me, “You know, Grumpy, I’m not one of the smart people.” It is amazing because her mom has genius level intelligence. Her mom started talking at five months and at one and a half years of age could carry on a conversation. I guess I am not too smart for not saying something about her driving. But what could I do? I was spending my time watching for coyotes, jackrabbits, pronghorns, deer, or even wild horses. I think the wild horses should be eradicated, but that’s just me. O yea. I did see four chipmunks, but not all at one time. And there was a fox in one field.
When we arrived at her mom’s house in Grants Pass she announced, “We made pretty good time, didn’t we.” I responded, “If I was driving we would probably be just getting into Bend about now.” I took her two year and three year old sons out of their car seats and let them go see “Grammy” while I unloaded the pickup.

I'm pretty sure I saw you guys. I was the one that passed you on the shoulder in a '59 Coupe DeVille.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well good old Ring fug chewed on my ass one day as I was taking happy crapper to task. So it is good to see him pronounce himself as absolutely clueless...mb

Yet he pretends not to know anything of who Happy Camper was/is.

Him and SuperCub were number one Happy Fans

Few others on here were delightfully enchanted by The Camper.

They KNOW who they are.
Posted By: clwg97 Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

They KNOW who they are.

Happy Needs to be spoken of in past tense. I don't want his crap back here.

Outstanding Ringmeat...
The apples didnt fall far from the tree.
Your next contact with Cardonas Crappy Hamster

Tell him I said " Duuhhhhh"
He will know what I mean and you too...

👍🙋‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They KNOW who they are.
He pm,d them and called them...

All part of Cardonas sockpuppet cred building...

Rubes.......
Think they talk on the telephone?

Like him and Wabigoon. ?? LOL

JFC
Posted By: smokepole Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by clwg97

They KNOW who they are.

I kind of wish he was still around. I need a new socket set and I can't find one anywhere, I was hoping he could hook me up.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by clwg97

They KNOW who they are.

I kind of wish he was still around. I need a new socket set and I can't find one anywhere, I was hoping he could hook me up.

you are not praying hard enough...bob

No schitt… both of them are retarded and neither should be afforded the privilege of driving on public roads. I’m dumbfounded that anybody would admit to such heinous behavior….
Posted By: norm99 Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

always . drive 2 to 300 ft ahead of yourself she needs to learn to not focus just a few ft ahead but be constantly aware of what is far ahead knowing that where she is is already clear, also she will have to learn TO ANTICIPATE what other vehicles are going to do, awareness is very important.

glad u made it there safe.

Norm
Posted By: tnscouter Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by norm99

always . drive 2 to 300 ft ahead of yourself she needs to learn to not focus just a few ft ahead but be constantly aware of what is far ahead knowing that where she is is already clear, also she will have to learn TO ANTICIPATE what other vehicles are going to do, awareness is very important.

glad u made it there safe.

Norm

Really???? That's your takeaway from his post?
- tnscouter
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

They are called Utards
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

# 1
Posted By: Ringman Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Ringman: Get on top of that speeding situation with the Granddaughter!
Speed kills.
Speeding makes the outcome of every accident worse - often MUCH worse.
Good luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks for that exhortation. If I ride with her again, I will "Get on top of that speeding..."
Posted By: Ringman Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

They KNOW who they are.

Happy Camper OWNS you!
Posted By: Raferman Re: Granddaughter's driving! - 10/01/22

They KNOW who they are.

Happy Camper OWNS you!
He called you lately?
LOL
Bullshit

They KNOW who they are.

Happy Camper OWNS you!

lol

Boo hoo

We ran your friend off

hahaha

Your douchey false prophet friend

How much money you send him??

🤣🤣🤣🤣
© 24hourcampfire