Home
Posted By: hardway Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Hired a kid at work about 19 that has a pretty significant tattoo on his neck.... no big deal to me. A guy that I have worked with for the last 20 years and I were bullchittin about it today.... I wonder what the REAL percentage is of people who regret their "artwork"? Most, even those that will reply to this thread will never truly admit it .... people don't like to admit that they made a bad decision.

I really don't give a crap.... personally I would never get one and give zero fugks.....some of my best friends and even my wife has a small one and I know for a fact that most of them regret getting at least some of them if not all..... especially my brother who spent many drunken nights in the tattoo chair when he was in the Marines.... has em on his neck and lower arms so he has worn a long sleeved collared shirt every day for the last 20 years. Just a thought on a Friday night.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Both kids have tattoos son-in-law has significant tattoos even after all the s*** I've been through I have none life has none.
Not everybody that has tattoos is a criminal but every criminal has tattoos...
Posted By: reivertom Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I have a feeling that tattoo removal will be huge in the next 20 years.
Posted By: Dess Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
No tattoos....no regerts
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I have a friend who is a biker as is his wife. I usually see them at gun shows but haven gone for a while. His wife was one of the cutest blue eyed blond you could ever look at. These days she has so many tatoos, I doubt if there is space for any more. Kind of a shame really.

One day about 6 months ago, I was stuck in a long line at Walmart and there was a darn nice looking woman behind me in the line. Some hang up at the cash register with somebody's EBT card not going through. Anyway, I got to talking with the young lady and by the time I reached the cashier I could tell we were getting along quite nicely. If I'd been about 60 years younger I think it could have gotten really interesting. I really have to get rid of my hang ups with girls covered in ink. I just might be missing something.
PJ
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: hardway Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I have a friend who is a biker as is his wife. I usually see them at gun shows but haven gone for a while. His wife was one of the cutest blue eyed blond you could ever look at. These days she has so many tatoos, I doubt if there is space for any more. Kind of a shame really.

One day about 6 months ago, I was stuck in a long line at Walmart and there was a darn nice looking woman behind me in the line. Some hang up at the cash register with somebody's EBT card not going through. Anyway, I got to talking with the young lady and by the time I reached the cashier I could tell we were getting along quite nicely. If I'd been about 60 years younger I think it could have gotten really interesting. I really have to get rid of my hang ups with girls covered in ink. I just might be missing something.
PJ

You see these chicks every damn day.... so pretty and they just fugg it up by these HUGE tat's all over their thighs and backs... sad. A few small discrete ones are no biggie but damn.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Isn't self-mutilation a sign of mental illness? I've collected enough scars by accident that it never occurred to me to add any more on purpose.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by hardway
Hired a kid at work about 19 that has a pretty significant tattoo on his neck.... no big deal to me. A guy that I have worked with for the last 20 years and I were bullchittin about it today.... I wonder what the REAL percentage is of people who regret their "artwork"? Most, even those that will reply to this thread will never truly admit it .... people don't like to admit that they made a bad decision.

I really don't give a crap.... personally I would never get one and give zero fugks.....some of my best friends and even my wife has a small one and I know for a fact that most of them regret getting at least some of them if not all..... especially my brother who spent many drunken nights in the tattoo chair when he was in the Marines.... has em on his neck and lower arms so he has worn a long sleeved collared shirt every day for the last 20 years. Just a thought on a Friday night.
Other folks' tattoos are not what I usually think about on a Friday night.

Probably not on any other night, either.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I often wonder about those one can tell that do not have a pot to piss in, but have many dollars of ink.

Of course I have no idea what a tattoo costs.
Posted By: hardway Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Normally I would agree but as I sit here hooked up to my iv getting these meds pumped into my veins my wife and I were chatting about it.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22

Normally I would agree but as I sit here hooked up to my iv getting these meds pumped into my veins my wife and I were chatting about it.

Dude.

Why you doin' that.

I hope it goes well.

Try to think about something good though.. wink
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Both of my forearms have tattoos on them, would do it all over again. Zero regrets.
Posted By: Mossy Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I’ve got three. Left calf, outside right wrist and left forearm. Have had the first two 5 years. Latest one about a year. No regrets . Turned 49 in August
Posted By: hanco Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
My boy that was in the Navy has some, youngest daughter has a couple, Wifey and I have none. I don’t see the need.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
In the same camp as the OP. Get one if you want, I’m sure nobody cares if I approve or not. I don’t personally care for them though.
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Used to not care one way or the other .
Still feel it’s their decision
But as said , see some good looking broads ruin their natural beauty .
Same with piercings
Kenneth
Posted By: WAM Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Just a permanent reminder of temporary impulsiveness. But my opinion doesn’t matter too much.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Piercings don’t worry me too much, take them out and they leave only a pinpoint scar.

I don’t have any tattoos myself but IMHO there’s 1) tattoos for love, usually names of parents, kids, spouses etc Could be departed friends, comrades etc. 2) tattoos you earned like branches of the military, deployments etc and 3) all the rest.

While less is always more when it comes to tattoos I got no problem with the first two categories. Most I see are in the “all the rest” grouping.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
My great grandpap had a tat of a hula girl or a mermaid on his forearm. I cant remember which. He died when I was about 10 or so but I remember he always told me never get a tat as I would come to regret it. I took his advise.
I could care less what anyone does with their own skin. I just dont want to pay for it.
Posted By: ElAhrairah Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by High_Noon

[Linked Image from pic8.co]
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Consider tattoos a stupid waste of money and an indication of poor judgement. And like fake t its it's not once and done, they require periodic maintenance more wasted money.
Posted By: BLR358WIN Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I had an uncle that passed years ago. He had a tattoo he recieved from the Nazis in a death camp. He never talked about it and ALWAYS wore long sleeved shirts. I couldnt imagine the hell he went through. So no tattoos for me.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Never have been much of a fan of tattoos, myself. Brings to mind the kids back in elementary school who were always drawing and writing stuff on themself.

Personal opinion, I see the acceptance and popularity of tats as just another example of how much influence Hollywood, the sports and entertainment industry in general has on the masses of "follower types" in dictating what is 'IN' if you want to be seen as 'cool'.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by reivertom
I have a feeling that tattoo removal will be huge in the next 20 years.
Beat me to it. I have nothing against tattoos and came very close to getting one as a 20 yr. old drunk Marine. What stopped me was all those WW2 guys with tattoos that I grew up around in the 50's & 60's. Seems like they were all sick of them and were all plastered when they got 'em. Guess I wasn't so drunk that I didn't recall their regrets, and back then those things couldn't be removed unless you could get a skin graft. Nowadays I think the future looks bright for those who do laser tattoo removal.
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
my tendency has been to not do "what everybody else is doing".

No vape pen

No tats

No pitbull

No retard glasses

No bisex

Totally Square
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I don't like them and don't want any. I find it irritating that people that are unemployed and on Ebt but find money to buy big tattoos . Especially the ugly ones on the neck and face that limit employment opportunities.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
To me it is a personal choice. Neither my wife nor I have any. I have seen some that look nice, and some that looks really bad. When I was younger I made my statement with clothes and hair style. Today I glad that it wasn't permanent.

Do as please.
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I have 6 or 7. No regrets of any sort.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Who the he'll cares what someone does to themselves. A long time ago I let a girl carve her initials in my left forearm with a needle.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Consider tattoos a stupid waste of money and an indication of poor judgement. And like fake t its it's not once and done, they require periodic maintenance more wasted money.

Me and eDm don’t care who folks spend their money.
Posted By: gnnrsig40 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
[quote=Dess]No tattoos....no regerts[/quote
That’s funny!
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Randy was a good worker and a lot of fun to be around.
Came to work one day with a little container that resembled "Carmex".
He was rubbing it on his new tattoo.
Said he designed it and it cost $300 to have it applied.
Nice!
Next week, Randy got fired. Seems he didn't have money for lunch so he grabbed a can of soup out of the "bent can" bin. Company (Walmart) saw it as theft and fired him.
Was $300 for a tattoo (his wife got a tat at the same time!) worth his job?

Stopped at a concession stand at a rodeo. Cute chick behind the counter had lip rings, tats, nose rings, etc, etc.
I ordered a Frito pie and asked her, "Could you strain that chili real good?"
"Why?", she asked.
"I don't want any of those wires and things stuck in my lips."
She threw down my Frito pie and refused to wait on me!

The pierce their face to make a statement or to get noticed.
I noticed.
Guess it wasn't the attention or affirmation she was seeking!

I don't understand the nose ring thing! Most of them look like they have a big old booger hanging out of their nose!
That's attractive? 😖
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

No vape pen

No tats

No pitbull

No retard glasses

No bisex

Totally Square

Pretty much me. A contrarian.

Tatoos,
cost money, hurt, risk infection.

For vanity.

My wife cuts my hair, (because I don't like it long).

I comb it or wear a cap when going out, shave because I look mangey .
Only 2 concessions to vanity here.

Never liked to stand out ok be noticed.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
My observation

If they have tattoos they also smoke like a chimney

And if they’re 30year old+ they are divorced with 3 fouck trophies
Originally Posted by slumlord
My observation

If they have tattoos they also smoke like a chimney

And if they’re 30year old+ they are divorced with 3 fouck trophies

Smoke Cigs or devil’s lettuce?
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

No vape pen

No tats

No pitbull

No retard glasses

No bisex

Totally Square
Same here. I tend to dislike mainstream trends, and I especially dislike spending money just to give other people something to look at.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
In Memphrica they say “peeeet booooll”

Aka pit bull

Trunk sale at da old blockbusta vidjo

Blue line reyeshau peeet bool and rad nose and brennell
Posted By: irfubar Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Nothing like fitting in ... to stand out
Posted By: drop_point Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I think its funny when people say, "who cares what people do with themselves?" Do they ever ask themselves, "why do I care about what other people care about?"

I care when people are receiving taxpayer dollars. Seems there is a lager percentage of welfare recipients and the unemployed that are tatt'ed vs untatt'ed. If we are paying the bill, I don't want them doing anything financially frivolous or that limits their employment opportunities.
Posted By: tzone Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
These threads always crack me up.
Posted By: Featherweight6555 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Who the he'll cares what someone does to themselves. A long time ago I let a girl carve her initials in my left forearm with a needle.

She must have been an awesome fucht.
I don't care for tats personally but if you want them have at it. Worked gith a guy recently that had " KILL THY ENEMIES" around his neck. Yeh, he was real popular. NOT!
Years ago, shipmates would joke with me and tell me we were going to be drunk in some POC and I was gonna "end up" with a tat. My reply was always the same. You'll wake up with a dogging wrench stuck in your forehead... I'm tat free.

Same as piercings. If you see me pierced, call an ambulance because I've been stabbed.

I guess I'm as square as a Rubic cube. I
Posted By: akrange Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
My Dad had a Hula Girl Tat done in 42 in Hawaii..

Grass Skirt.. Top Less ..

When he wiggled his arm she would Dance..

Who ever did it was a Master ..

Never faded in his 87 years of Life and those Tit’s just keep their Balance with that Streaming Hair ..

Prolly why He never went to Corporate ..

Game Well Played Thou ..
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I am along same lines as Birdwatcher on this.
Guys in the service with ships name on arm sort of thing - no problem.
Hollywood celebrity who forces one sleeve just back enough to 'casually' reveal their bitchin tat......F Off.

Never saw a woman improved by one.

Always thought this summed up my opinion- its short
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Never saw a cute girl or attractive woman who was more attractive with tats on her body or fishing tackle in her face!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by LouisB
I often wonder about those one can tell that do not have a pot to piss in, but have many dollars of ink...

They will also have a cell phone and a dog designed for protection from acquaintances with whom they have had misunderstandings regarding pharmaceutical transactions.
Originally Posted by tzone
These threads always crack me up.

Me too - there are always those who defend people's right to make choices but attack the right of others to question those choices.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Got a couple of em on my arms when I was young. They're always covered unless shirtless. If I had it to do over, no ink
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Got a couple of em on my arms when I was young. They're always covered unless shirtless. If I had it to do over, no ink

Do they happen to be the Thundercat emblem?
Posted By: Morewood Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22

Hopefully nothing serious, Hardway. Get well soon.

No tats no piercings here. Not my style.

None of my kids have tats either. I threatened to take an industrial sander to them if they came home with one while under 18. Must've stuck as they're now in their thirties and still tattoo free.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by 45_100
Never saw a cute girl or attractive woman who was more attractive with tats on her body or fishing tackle in her face!
A young gal who works in town told me she was going to show me the benefits of a tongue piercing. I asked my wife what she thought and she didn't think it was a good idea.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I got a tattoo, eat pork and use to drink beer,and hang around with short people .does that mean i dont go to Heaven

Attached picture 308734703_398848072425737_2260252085989251003_n.jpg
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I was just watching the Army/Ga State game. One of the Army lineman, white boy, had tattoos from his shoulder right down to his wrist. He is lined up to be an Army officer.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
folks have been doing tats and piercings as long as there have been folks. Pretty common in prehistoric days, and pretty common now. The head shaker is that some people care enough about what others do to get all self righteous and pompous about it.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Man some of y'all have little
To do huh?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
folks have been doing tats and piercings as long as there have been folks. Pretty common in prehistoric days, and pretty common now. The head shaker is that some people care enough about what others do to get all self righteous and pompous about it.

What's crazier is there are people that care about them being "self-righteous and pompous" about it enough to comment on that. That's the biggest head shaker.
Posted By: Raferman Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
How many members do you have on ignore?
Originally Posted by drop_point

What's crazier is there are people that care about them being "self-righteous and pompous" about it enough to comment on that in a self-righteous and pompous way. That's the biggest head shaker.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

What's crazier is there are people that care about them being "self-righteous and pompous" about it enough to comment on that in a self-righteous and pompous way. That's the biggest head shaker.

You made it more better.
Posted By: BeardedGunsmith Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I have a bunch because I was a tattoo artist. I figure they save me a bunch of otherwise wasted time. If I meet someone new for the first time and they proceed to treat me like schitt based off appearance, I know not to waste anymore time on them.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I got some on my upper arms while I was in The Navy.I was not drunk when I got them and do not regret them.I was just proud to be in The Navy and not ashamed to show it.You can not see mine even with a short sleeve shirt on,but I could care less if some one did see them.Never been a main streamer that had to fit in with EVERYONE else.I have always been able to think for my self,have never been a criminal and worked my way through collage going to night school while raising a family.Sorry if I do not fit in to your images of a main stream guy.
Posted By: roverboy Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
I don't have any and don't want any. I figure if I buy a Harley and ride it a year or 2, and decide I don't like it anymore, I can sell it. I can't sell a tattoo. I don't have anything against people that have them though. To each his own.
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22

Ask Elie Wiesel about his tattoo.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Eating lunch at work one Monday evening, table full of us older guys and one young'un fresh out of the U.S. Marines and a new hire in our department. Young fella showing off the new tattoo he got over the past weekend, barbed-wire circling his bicep as I recall. We all cracked up when as he was admiring it he says, "Only 12 more payments and it'll be all mine." Paid for it with a credit card...
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by Dess
No tattoos....no regerts

Same here

WTF do these peeps think ?

Oh......Its my expression..............

Yea right......

Looks like scchidt
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Tattoo's - 10/01/22
1 on upper left arm.
Looked good for maybe 10 years.
Looks like a steaming pile of dog chit now.

Something a young E 5 woke up with the next morning after being drunk as fugg in Stuttgart at Herman the Germans tat shop.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Posted By: roverboy Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
I figure if you don't like one you got when younger, you could do like Mel Gibson's character did in "Bird On A Wire" and sand it off. Gonna hurt like a sonofabitch though.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
How many of these tattoo threads have there been over the years?
Posted By: Dogpopper Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Seems to be about one monthly. Same ol people judging everyone…
Posted By: shootem Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by 5sdad

You made it more better.
More gooder
Posted By: EdM Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by Dogpopper

Seems to be about one monthly. Same ol people judging everyone…

Bingo. Now about that chain saw, I mean truck, no, truck tire...
Posted By: Scotty Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22

I was thinking whenever we get someone new. I went and looked. The OP has been here over 13 years. So I guess I was wrong on that.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
hardway explained why he started it early in the thread. I wondered why too.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17653720/re-tattoos#Post17653720

Hope whatever he was having installed helped him some.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
I don’t have any, don’t care if anybody else does. I don’t think it makes a chic look better but it makes it easier to spot the wild ones.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17653720/re-tattoos#Post17653720

I really wish guys would read the op and follow ups before commenting.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22

What a coincidence….I have my blood type tattooed under left armpit. 😁
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I try to and sometimes hate myself for it.

So I can see why some others don't.
Posted By: hardway Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22

Sorry to re-hash an old topic lol.... as to the other.... I had half my pancreas removed last year…… my body doesn't absorb enough nutrients from my food so I have needed bi-weekly infusions over the last 8 months or so they last about 5 hours so I'm hooked to the ball and chain alone with my thoughts lol..... have a blood clot in my mysentric vein.... going into Stanford next week for an open gut surgery to do a graft and bypass around my liver to restore blood flow to my intestines..... hopefully that will help.

Ps....fair warning.... once they put me on the fentanyl drip no telling what I'll post
Posted By: ElmerFudd Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
Bugs Bunny on my ankle. Would do it again
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22

Sorry to re-hash an old topic lol.... as to the other.... I had half my pancreas removed last year…… my body doesn't absorb enough nutrients from my food so I have needed bi-weekly infusions over the last 8 months or so they last about 5 hours so I'm hooked to the ball and chain alone with my thoughts lol..... have a blood clot in my mysentric vein.... going into Stanford next week for an open gut surgery to do a graft and bypass around my liver to restore blood flow to my intestines..... hopefully that will help.

Ps....fair warning.... once they put me on the fentanyl drip no telling what I'll post
Wish you well.

Good luck with that surgery.

Having had part of a kidney removed I know the pain of having your belly slit open and the guts moved around so they can get to stuff.

Keep on keepin' on.
Posted By: MegaMehg Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22

Good luck with that surgery.

Having had part of a kidney removed I know the pain of having your belly slit open and the guts moved around so they can get to stuff.

Keep on keepin' on.
lol
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
No tats for me. I hate it when really pretty girls get sleeve tattoos.

Ron
Posted By: Hardwoodmaterials Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
I don't pay much attention to them as long as you're not dumb enough to get inappropriate things on commonly visible areas or face, neck or hand tattoos.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
No trashy assed tattoos

They are a PERMANENT reminder of a TEMPORARY emotion.
Posted By: WAM Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
In Memphrica they say “peeeet booooll”

Aka pit bull

Trunk sale at da old blockbusta vidjo

Blue line reyeshau peeet bool and rad nose and brennell

Was dey ride a blacked out Charger or Chrysler 300?
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Tattoo's - 10/02/22

Wish you well man.

I look forward to the posts haha
© 24hourcampfire