Home
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Steelhead said it years ago. Once in a while it gets driven home again.

I have been seeing a beautiful young German Shepard around work for about a month. Dark rich mahogany and black. But obviously malnourished, and a collar which appears too tight.

Today it was hanging out on the street near our worksite. As I passed in the car, it fell in behind and followed for a block.

I unlocked the gate to our yard and was there a couple hours. When I went to leave and lock the gate, I saw the dog inside our yard.

He would not let me approach. Trying to haze him/her toward the gate was like trying to herd an elk. I called the City Cops for Ordinance Enforcement. It rang through to Malhuer County dispatch. "We have no ordinance officer. I have no Officer available. We will not respond unless the dog is aggressive."

I told them: If I lock this gate, the dog is locked inside the fence from Noon Fri till 7:00 AM Mon with no food and water.

"We suggest you chase him out."

Just across the driveway from our gate is an animal shelter. It is the contracted city and county pound. They could not take control of the dog without paperwork from the cops. Even though it has been feeding on their property for a month. The cops refused to give authorization over the phone for them to take the dog.

If it were not for the dratted city limits thing and a firearms discharge, I would have come home and got a rifle and put the poor skinny thing out of its misery. Well that and dealing with my new young female vegan, can't kill a mouse or a pigeon on the property, plant supervisor.

Later this afternoon, I was able to round up enough help to chase his skinny little butt out the gate. But he will be back next week.

It looks to be a persistent problem with no easy solution.

Damn people who dump or abandon their responsibilities.
Posted By: Backroads Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Feed it or shoot it.

Livestock management seems harsh until it is obviously mercy.
Posted By: hanco Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Damn shame
Posted By: Swamplord Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
go buy a 330 Conibear trap, no noise, no mess

done deal
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Trust me, if you do anything to resolve this yourself, there will suddenly be a whole lotta people coming out of the woodwork in charge of the situation, and your quality of life will soon resemble the dog’s.

Put some food and water out for your new friend, outside the gate. Not much more you can do without getting your ass in a sling, but you can do that.

And yes, people are fuggers; the Bible tells me so.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Feed a starving dog and you will have a loyal companion for life!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Why would you not try to catch it and give it a better life? All a dog wants is affection and food.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Why would you not try to catch it and give it a better life? All a dog wants is affection and food.

Seems pretty simple!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Just don't skin it and post hero shots online!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

You fugger!

Hahaha!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22

Lol, you sic fuqk!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22

“So blessed to be able to take this beautiful predator. Praise Jesus”

😂
Posted By: 45_100 Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Trust me, if you do anything to resolve this yourself, there will suddenly be a whole lotta people coming out of the woodwork in charge of the situation, and your quality of life will soon resemble the dog’s.

Put some food and water out for your new friend, outside the gate. Not much more you can do without getting your ass in a sling, but you can do that.

This would be my suggestion for the short term anyway. Guaranteed if you try to deal with it yourself the cops, animal control, and the rescue facility will suddenly have plenty of resources to prosecute you. And your vegan supervisor will probably fire you over it. No good deed goes unpunished.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Congrats on your new dog.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

“So blessed to be able to take this beautiful predator. Praise Jesus”

😂
LOL, that's what counts!
Posted By: diamondjim Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by 280shooter

This sounds about right.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
sometimes you have to just handle things on your own. Without government help. Less said about it afterward is better.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
sometimes you have to just handle things on your own. Without government help. Less said about it afterward is better.
Boom
Sounds like a whiny kghunt
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Why would it even cross your mind to shoot it. Wtf lol
Posted By: akasparky Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Great thread title, sounds like an entire community of like souls.
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

You've been here more then a month, you should know that's the expected response from about 85% of the folk on here. 4% will tell you to set it on fire, 2% will ask if it looks like anyone has raped it yet and if not, will offer to drive out and pick it up from you. 1% will suggest you fence it in to watch it starve. But they're all kidding. ALL of them. Except Deflave...
Posted By: las Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Originally Posted by 280shooter

This sounds about right.

Agreed. A couple weeks of food and care for the dog and you are both enriched.

Maybe not as much as your vet, tho. smile

Go for it.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Got one already. Daughter next door has six. Daughter has about twenty fainting goats, chickens, ducks, and three mini pigs in the pasture. Just over the fence from my yard.

None of which is conducive to adding a new stray dog to the mix. Though my wife would dearly love to have a pretty GSD. She knows it can not come home. If I could get close enough to get a leash on it.

If I could catch it, it would necessitate a one way trip out to the BLM.
About fifteen years ago, we had a dog get inside our fence at work. It was a big burly rottweiler. I had two helpers. We could not catch the dog, nor could we herd it out the gate.

The plant superintendent encouraged me to shoot it, with the Remington smooth bore 22 we keep on sight for pigeon control. LOL I told him I could run home and get a tool appropriate to the task. He reconsidered and said turn it over to the authorities.

City cops would not respond, as we were outside the city limits at that time.
County would not respond to a "dog at large" call. But they did give me the phone number of the Federal Trapper.

The Trapper arrived on site. He walked around the corner where we had seen the dog last run. We heard his 12 gauge bark once. Problem solved.

Unfortunately, it turned out the dog belonged to one of our coworkers who lived at the other end of town. He had loaned the dog out for breeding purposes, and the borrower had let it escape containment.

I was very glad that "the authorities" had handled that one.
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

You've been here more then a month, you should know that's the expected response from about 85% of the folk on here. 4% will tell you to set it on fire, 2% will ask if it looks like anyone has raped it yet and if not, will offer to drive out and pick it up from you. 1% will suggest you fence it in to watch it starve. But they're all kidding. ALL of them. Except Deflave...
LOL, definitely someone wants to screw it, or watch someone else try to!
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by Pappy348

This, that dog showed up there for a reason and needs some help you can be the one who does it or just another turd that says "not my problem" figure it out...mb
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

Because a lot of us come from this background.
We actually lived or live with animals as a livelihood.
Something threatened them, we dealt with it.
Any injury or illness we treat it.
Lost cause, needless suffering? We end it.

Originally Posted by Backroads
Feed it or shoot it.

Livestock management seems harsh until it is obviously mercy.

To the OP.
Use your resources. Feed the poor bastard for a couple days.

Start talking it up to the Vegan.
Never ever, mention feeding it.

Say how attractive it is,
how sad, it's gonna starve or get hurt on the road, get eaten by coyotes (wolves).

By now you know where this is headed.
Posted By: deflave Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Steelh
It looks to be a persistent problem with no easy solution.

I beg to differ...
Originally Posted by Swamplord

done deal

You sure about the no noise portion of your statement?

LOL
Posted By: shrapnel Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
When I am confronted with a situation like this, I ask myself “what would dad do?”

Leave it alone, or shoot it and throw it in a dumpster.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LOL
To the OP.
Use your resources. Feed the poor bastard for a couple days.

Start talking it up to the Vegan.
Never ever, mention feeding it.

Say how attractive it is,
how sad, it's gonna starve or get hurt on the road, get eaten by coyotes (wolves).

By now you know where this is headed.
Vegan lady might transport it to a shelter out of county, if Icould ever get a rope around its neck.

She is still sporting scars on her face and scalp from her cat, the last time she picked up a stray dog and brought it home.

No, the proper answer is, crawl out on the roof.with the 243, and care of a problem created by some asswhole. But not a viable option this time.
Posted By: Swamplord Re: People ARE fuqers - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Swamplord

done deal

You sure about the no noise portion of your statement?

LOL

100 % sure ....

The Conibear trap is the most effective, noiseless, problem dog solver .... snaps the neck, crushes the fkn skull, kills quickly with no sounds 'cause throat is pinched off by a steel vise

Also works good for trapping wild critters too !

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

© 24hourcampfire