Home
Moral support, I guess.

Sitting in the examination room at the local ER with my daughter and granddaughter. Said youngster broke her wrist when she fell off the monkey bars yesterday afternoon. Looked like a bad sprain, so Mama wrapped and iced it down for the night. Looked a little worse this morning so took her for X-rays and it is fractured. Waiting on the Doc now to reset it. She’s not a happy camper.
Youngest son broke his elbow falling off monkey bars,
Best of luck to her.
Moral support and teaching vocabulary unavailable from other sources.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Moral support and teaching vocabulary unavailable from other sources.

Got my granddaughter howling like coyotes, making the monkey sound, and siren sound. Cant wait until I can get her here for a couple more days.

Wishing the young girl a speedy recovery.
Been there done that. Years ago girlfriends boy did same thing while in ft St. John on holidays on monkey bars, they should outlaw them. grin
Sitting in urgent care right now, sliced my left thumb the whole length at 9:30 last night, so I know it will need some repair. frown
They took the monkey bars and that giant ass slide that had the 30ft ladder on it out of the school playground.

too many fragile little angels where getting hurt

They also took the high dives out of our local public pools.
A broken bone here and there is part of growing up, IMO.
Dang Partsman.... Too late to say 'Be careful'!

Hope it heals ok and quick.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So here is my latest injury, such fun.
Originally Posted by slumlord
They took the monkey bars and that giant ass slide that had the 30ft ladder on it out of the school playground.

too many fragile little angels where getting hurt

They also took the high dives out of our local public pools.
And these death traps. Dislocated shoulders just waiting to happen. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by badger
A broken bone here and there is part of growing up, IMO.
Absolutely. A good parent or grandparent is there for them when it happens but doesn’t shield them from it.
OUCH!!!
Doesn't a boy close his finger in a pocket knife to learn not to, most
every time?
Hug her neck and buy her an ice cream when she comes out the other side.
The cool thing is that young ones heal up really quickly. It’s almost like God saw this coming and made provisions for it.
Dang Partsman. Wrap some duct tape on that wound
Originally Posted by gregintenn
The cool thing is that young ones heal up really quickly. It’s almost like God saw this coming and made provisions for it.

The not as easy part of being a grandpa. Get her favorite treat afterward and give her lots of love.
Originally Posted by badger
Moral support, I guess.

Sitting in the examination room at the local ER with my daughter and granddaughter. Said youngster broke her wrist when she fell off the monkey bars yesterday afternoon. Looked like a bad sprain, so Mama wrapped and iced it down for the night. Looked a little worse this morning so took her for X-rays and it is fractured. Waiting on the Doc now to reset it. She’s not a happy camper.

Normal for kids until their growth plates fuse. Broken wrists and ankles, esp the middle school years.
They bounce back
I always thought Grandpa's were put on earth to ruin grandkids! laugh
Well, she was out for about 40 minutes total and woke up with a pink cast, per her wishes. Stopped on the way home and bought a large “unhealthy restaurant” pepperoni pizza that she wanted, and I left her at home sitting with her cast propped up on a pillow in Mom’s tender care. Dad babysat her 4 year old sister while her Mom and I were at the hospital. Did I mention that Mom is preggo again, and it’s a boy? smile

Can’t wait………
Grandpa was a dr, that man has fixed more broken bones than I can count I miss him.
Speedy recovery for the young lady.

Don’t forget these…..

See who can hold on the longest…..

😂🤣😂🤣

[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by Morewood
Dang Partsman. Wrap some duct tape on that wound

Folded paper towel and full wrap of electrical tape. Work all day and go to the ER at night when all the crazy people are there.
My great nephew has broken both arms twice, while playing on monkey bars. Each time he was asked, "Are you going to stay off the monkey bars now?" His answer was always "nope."
Nothing like grandkids. I was kinda Ho-hum about it until granddaughter got about a year old. I had more fun with that kid, played and played with her. She would come to me first when the other grand parents were there😎😎😎. She is the biggest hunter of the 5 grandkids. You all watched her grow up

Hope yours recovers quickly

Madalynn asleep in stand about 10 yrs old, maybe

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]pnc branch
© 24hourcampfire