Home
Posted By: hookeye So there I was sleepin.... - 10/03/22
Been having a rough go sleepin, due to noise, pain etc.
Im averaging maybe 4 hrs a night, proly more like 3.
Going to dr next week for some help w the arthritis etc.

Anyway, I hung a treestand this afternoon, w bum arm ,back and knee........and it whupped me good.
Soaked in tub a good while and later crashed on couch.
Yup, was asleep about 10 PM.

Hard.

Sure as chit..........dreaming (can't remember what about).....

and something crawls in my ear.

HOLY CHIT!!!!!!! Im surprised I didn't crash into everything hopping around. Lil fugger was in, still moving and as Im hollering for shorty to come help me it moved out a little. Think I flipped it out.

Kid comes, shines light in ear and says its gone. Laughing her ass off.

Me n her gonna have some popcorn........Im wide awake now.

Ant or spider? Hell I dunno. Looked around on carpet and didn't see it.
We get those little brown ants once in a while.

Natures alarm clock my ass!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: So there I was sleepin.... - 10/03/22
Going down the road on motorcycle - no helmet - turned to look at friend riding to right and slightly behind - felt something funny with my ear. Got to my folks' house - went in - suddenly hit with pain that dropped me to the floor. Pain subsided, then hit again. Sunday afternoon - to Storm Lake hospital - me in passenger seat - pain returns - knees pushed against dash to deal with pain. Get to hospital - explained situation - taken to examining room - determined that had bug in ear - pain hit again. Nurse sent to get syringe with saline to try and float the bugger out. While she was getting it, large beetle decided to give up on carving his initials in my ear drum and come see what the bright light above the table was all about - fell onto table - left a leg behind.
Another reason not to trim inner ear hair.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Going down the road on motorcycle - no helmet - turned to look at friend riding to right and slightly behind - felt something funny with my ear. Got to my folks' house - went in - suddenly hit with pain that dropped me to the floor. Pain subsided, then hit again. Sunday afternoon - to Storm Lake hospital - me in passenger seat - pain returns - knees pushed against dash to deal with pain. Get to hospital - explained situation - taken to examining room - determined that had bug in ear - pain hit again. Nurse sent to get syringe with saline to try and float the bugger out. While she was getting it, large beetle decided to give up on carving his initials in my ear drum and come see what the bright light above the table was all about - fell onto table - left a leg behind.

wow man that sounds horrible!
Posted By: TonyV Re: So there I was sleepin.... - 10/03/22
My sister had a moth get in her ear one night out in the yard. Tried flash light, nothing.Local nurse had us pour in alcohol first to kill it and then hydrogen peroxide to boil it out.
For some reason she didn't find it near as entertaining as the rest of us!

Dang I don’t think I’d be as cool as you were, I’d take my pistol and shoot the bastard. 😁
Posted By: Geno67 Re: So there I was sleepin.... - 10/03/22
This thread gave me the heebie jeebies.
Posted By: hookeye Re: So there I was sleepin.... - 10/03/22
From REM sleep to hopping around in a nanosecond.
Gets the heart a goin.

🀣

No blood no foul I reckon.

W praying mantis and wheelbugs at front of house recently.....tiny bug in ear doesnt seem so tiny at the start LMAO
Posted By: Tyrone Re: So there I was sleepin.... - 10/03/22
A squeeze bottle filled with warm water will get about anything out.
Posted By: hanco Re: So there I was sleepin.... - 10/03/22
Get some soft ear plugs, cuts out noise, you will sleep better. I do that at deer lease, cause some of the mo fo’s snore bad.
Was fishing on the Ms. River a few years ago. Running up the river and drove into a swarm of bees. A couple stung me on the face and one went in my ear, but luckily it didn't sting me. The stings hurt, but the one in my ear just about drove me crazy for a few moments.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: So there I was sleepin.... - 10/03/22
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Was fishing on the Ms. River a few years ago. Running up the river and drove into a swarm of bees. A couple stung me on the face and one went in my ear, but luckily it didn't sting me. The stings hurt, but the one in my ear just about drove me crazy for a few moments.
I got a bee right at the base of my neck one night riding my motorcycle. His last dying thought was to sting the bastard that hit him. That hurt like hell. But, I'm glad it wasn't in my ear.

kwg
Sleeping on the ground in Panama even with a bug net set up is a exercise in futility.
Fugging bugs crawling all over the outside of it, making noise, plopping on it out of trees, and the "pleasant" ones that occasionally get in somehow just as you are falling asleep or falling back asleep from the previous one fuuuking with you.

No one uses a fughing hammock either down their.
Sleeping in one of those is like being a human banana all force constricted on you and schit, and then ya still have bugs fuuuking with you in them set up with a bug net.
Not to mention you are totally defenseless in hammock and having your wpn with you in it trying to sleep is pretty fuuuuking aggravating also.

Bugs suck azz.
Especially stinging bugs that can kill some people.

Seen that happen to our company senior medic at Craig village on FTCKY back in 93 94 era.
Sgt Saunders got hit by a wasp and did his epi pen thing one day.
Stayed and seemed fine.
Next day he got hit again.
CO call medevac bird from Blanchfield
Bad reaction throat and face all swollen.
Other medics tried to j tube him throat all swollen up.
Gave him 2 more epi shots.
Not working
Young 19 yr old platoon Medic cut his esophagus and got a tube in to bag him.
Died on the 10 min flight to Blanchfeild.
About 25 35 mins from the 2nd sting till he died.
Pretty much fuuuked up our company seeing all that happen.
SGT Saunders was a well liked " Doc" in 2/ 327th.
πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: So there I was sleepin.... - 10/03/22
I ran into some tiny bee sort of thing that hit me in my upper left pectoral while on my motorcycle. I thought Lee Harvey had nailed me. Got to work and found it inside my shirt. By then I was told I looked green and the lymph node in my left arm pit swelled and stayed that way for yeas. Not sure if spped of the bike makes it worse. I have been stung by yellow jackets and nasty caterpillars with no such effects but had some sort of allergic reaction to this little guy.
You would be surprised how many cockroaches are removed from ears in the ER most nights.
Anyone remember the "earwig" episode on Rod Sterlings Night Gallery??? 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Anyone remember the "earwig" episode on Rod Sterlings Night Gallery??? 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

"It was a female ...."
Originally Posted by renegade50
Sleeping on the ground in Panama even with a bug net set up is a exercise in futility.
Fugging bugs crawling all over the outside of it, making noise, plopping on it out of trees, and the "pleasant" ones that occasionally get in somehow just as you are falling asleep or falling back asleep from the previous one fuuuking with you.

Sleeping in one of those is like being a human banana all force constricted on you and schit, and then ya still have bugs fuuuking with you in them set up with a bug net.
Not to mention you are totally defenseless in hammock and having your wpn with you in it trying to sleep is pretty fuuuuking aggravating also.

Bugs suck azz.

Don't forget the damn bats in Panama...had 3 guys in my unit that had to go through the rabies shot routine because of them fuggers getting inside their bug nets and nibbling on their fingertips and ear lobes...nasty little bastards.
Shaquita got a roach yo ear hole neegauh
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
Originally Posted by renegade50

Bugs suck azz.

Don't forget the damn bats in Panama...had 3 guys in my unit that had to go through the rabies shot routine because of them fuggers getting inside their bug nets and nibbling on their fingertips and ear lobes...nasty little bastards.
Those big ole centipedes sucked also.
Leave a sting line if they got on bare skin crawling.
Fuuukers like 8 or 9 inches long.
Didn't encounter bats, but seen em at times around dusk.
😬😬😬
Originally Posted by slumlord

A roach? Trying to inhale through her ear?
Originally Posted by slumlord

A roach? Trying to inhale through her ear?

I see what you did there.

To avoid that

Save all of your roaches till you enough to pack a bowl.
© 24hourcampfire