Home
This deer seemed unfazed by the screaming, and, based on the the handicap sticker on the plate the differently abled boomer gave a better account of himself but ultimately wasn't effective either.

Round one goes to the deer.

Osky
My wife and I would have been eating venison steaks if a deer pull that on us.....
Round 2. DWR.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50491393/evanston-woman-recovering-in-hospital-after-being-gored-by-buck

Kinda too bad. The stupid ankle biter is what started that and swinging a purse ad the buck? 😂 Deer perceived he was being attacked.
They need to get Johnny Gutshot on the case.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Round 2. DWR.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50491393/evanston-woman-recovering-in-hospital-after-being-gored-by-buck

Kinda too bad. The stupid ankle biter is what started that and swinging a purse ad the buck? 😂 Deer perceived he was being attacked.

She fought the deer off like 99% of people fight off a pitbull mauling their child.
The constant scream was funny, amazing how helpless women are.
WTF? That thing stood there long enough that I could have retrieved a suitable caliber firearm and gotten some venison. If there was any static about discharging a firearm in a residential area, I could have claimed self-defense. After all; "my wife and I, and the dogs were attacked and I feared for our lives".
Why didn't they pull there CCW and schwack him? Unarmed sheep gets what they get.....
Seems like a gal wearing a Cabelas hat could have handled that a little better smile
Originally Posted by Lslite
Seems like a gal wearing a Cabelas hat could have handled that a little better smile
The hat was probably just part of her "look" for the day.
They might have gave her the hat when she bought $2000 worth of outdoor stuff she will never use… just guessing tho! laugh
That thread title is also a bit misleading. After seeing that; I figured the video would be a bit different than what I saw.
Originally Posted by 22250rem
That thread title is also a bit misleading. After seeing that; I figured the video would be a bit different than what I saw.

Give it a little more time, I'm confident you will eventually deduce my intent.
Is that a Prius?
Somebody shut that stupid C u NT up.
I have been led to believe, here on the fire, Wyoming residents are tough independent pioneer types, what I see is a geezer, a Prius, a weinie dog and a poodle, a hysterical Karen and not a brain in sight. Hold into the wind. The election was stolen from Liz Cheney. Grin.

I was hoping to see some goat-ropin' going on.
LOL! Some bad decisions!
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I have been led to believe, here on the fire, Wyoming residents are tough independent pioneer types, what I see is a geezer, a Prius, a weinie dog and a poodle, a hysterical Karen and not a brain in sight. Hold into the wind. The election was stolen from Liz Cheney. Grin.
I'd bet you lunch that's a California transplant.
First thing that should have happened is the man should have slapped her mouth shut. Shame the deer didn't get a horn into her vocal cord. cool
should have just let the buck be. My bet is that broad is one of those recent transplants from CA that have been screwing up every other state in the west. Someone born in WY would not have done anything so dumb. Dog goes for deer and deer goes into defense mode. Totally the fault of the broad.
She had no faith in the dog. The dog had it handled.
Waste of venison...

You actually think those were Wyoming natives? Lots of Cali jerks in Wyoming.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
First thing that should have happened is the man should have slapped her mouth shut. Shame the deer didn't get a horn into her vocal cord. cool

Guess you Idaho boys don't have much experience with women. I like squealers.
I spend a lot of time in Geno's neck of the woods in Alturas California.
It's as conservative and rural as any town in the west.
The deer own the town.
My wife sent me this.
This buck almost ran her over a few days ago.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Hmmm. Reading farther it says the Deer was euthanized. What happened to letting it walk another year, that buck had trophy potential.

Facts:
The dog jumped the deer in the first place, she and the guy piled on or so tried.
The dog was doing fine hiding under the car.
The woman threw first with a punch purse. A primitive but iffy weapon.
Wearing a Cabelas hat does not make you physically or tactically ready for hand to horn combat.
Leave the screaming to the hi karate guys, they know when to use it.
It’s Colorado Dude… drugs were probably involved.
The people were white so let’s remember Bucks lives matter.

Osky
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Guess you Idaho boys don't have much experience with women. I like squealers.

grin
Shut that dumb bitch up.
A lot of women have courage well beyond their abilities and intellect.
Deer shouldn’t be taken lightly.

A friend took his son on a hunt. Kid shot a buck that ran into the brush. Dad went in to find him and was quickly knocked down and torn to chit, gored.

Almost died
Most Wyoming natives I know usually have a firearm within arms reach. Yep transplants
Shut them Up ..

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
The woman fell down and hurt her back, all because she was stupid and the buck paid for it with his life.

Annoying broad screaming her head off. If she would not have reacted the way she did, she would not have been hurt, and the deer would not have had to have been put down. Could not stand to listen to her.
Should called Burns.

He coulda bored it to death.

LOL
Originally Posted by bbassi
I'd bet you lunch that's a California transplant.

Beat me to it. Probably just moved in last week.
Walk away..... just walk away. As said - the dogs and deer had it handled, until the dumshits got involved.

Or stand real still, and all you might get at that kind of range (10' here) is a warning ear flash and a picture as she walks by. It's rutting season here- inadvisable to so "play" with a bull.... smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Our Dachsund and the Lab? mix know enough to leave moose alone. ( I'm working on it for myself.... smile. ) The larger dog will get between my wife and the moose if I'm not along. If I am, the dog gets behind me....

She seems to have her own ideas of area of responsibility. smile

We are working on the bears.... but don't encounter enough for good training purposes. They (especially the Dachshund) want to chase them, but will stop when yelled at.
Originally Posted by deflave
Should called Burns.

LOL
Johnny MIC'Gutshot would have made that bad deer suffer! laugh
People are so friggin stupid, that broad got what she deserved. Attacking anything with horns with a purse ='s an IQ of <100
This is a little off topic but I know a fella that raises deer. He told me if you raise/bottle feed a buck, when rut comes there's a good chance he will attack and possibly kill you.
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
This is a little off topic but I know a fella that raises deer. He told me if you raise/bottle feed a buck, when rut comes there's a good chance he will attack and possibly kill you.

Talking whitetail.
I empathize with the old guy in the video.

A woman in electronic control of door locks is a big delay.

I second the motion!

L.W.
Screaming aside, she reacted pretty normally for a woman in that situation. It's not like she could train for this encounter. Not sure if something was up with that deer because that was not typical behavior.
WTF? That thing stood there long enough that I could have retrieved a suitable caliber firearm and gotten some venison. If there was any static about discharging a firearm in a residential area, I could have claimed self-defense. After all; "my wife and I, and the dogs were attacked and I feared for our lives".

This. It sure looked fat before the rut.
Unlock the car.......

Cars locked, unlock the car......

UNLOCK THE FUHGGN CAR!!!
Poor dude could have collected her life insurance and had venison at the same time and piece and quiet
Phugging Cheney voters
My cat would have whooped that deers ass and her name ain’t baby
Lol.

Had a little dog that thought he was a badass
and he proceeded to run up on a yard buck and got stomped pretty good. He quickly realized he wasn’t
as big as he thought. Lucky the dog didn’t die.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Screaming aside, she reacted pretty normally for a woman in that situation. It's not like she could train for this encounter. Not sure if something was up with that deer because that was not typical behavior.

You can bet that if I was fighting with that deer, my wife would have been
right there. Likely shot it. But she wouldn't have started the fight.
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Unlock the car.......

Cars locked, unlock the car......

UNLOCK THE FUHGGN CAR!!!

Her car key handling delay was just like my wife:(
Baby ???
LOL - Jeez.............
Originally Posted by Osky
Facts:

It’s Colorado Dude… drugs were probably involved.

Osky

Car had WY plates Genius.
Seems an appropriate time to bring this one back up. Just read it to the W. She got a good chuckle out of it.

Actual letter from someone who farms and writes well!

I had this idea that I was going to rope a deer, put it in
a stall, feed it up on corn for a couple of weeks, then kill it and eat it.

The first step in this adventure was getting a deer. I figured
that, since they congregate at my cattle feeder and do not seem to have much fear
of me when we are there (a bold one will sometimes come right up and sniff at the
bags of feed while I am in the back of the truck not 4 feet away), it should not
be difficult to rope one, get up to it and toss a bag over its head (to calm it
down) then hog tie it and transport it home.

I filled the cattle feeder then hid down at the end with
my rope.

The cattle, having seen the roping thing before, stayed well
back. They were not having any of it.

After about 20 minutes, my deer showed up -- 3 of them. I
picked out.. ..a likely looking one, stepped out from the end of the feeder, and
threw.. My rope. The deer just stood there and stared at me.

I wrapped the rope around my waist and twisted the end so
I would have a good hold. The deer still just stood and stared at me, but you could
tell it was mildly concerned about the whole rope situation.

I took a step towards it...it took a step away. I put a little
tension on the rope and then received an education.

The first thing that I learned is that, while a deer may
just stand there looking at you funny while you rope it, they are spurred to action
when you start pulling on that rope.

That deer EXPLODED.

The second thing I learned is that pound for pound, a deer
is a LOT stronger than a cow or a colt. A cow or a colt in that weight range I could
fight down with a rope and with some dignity.

A deer-- no chance.

That thing ran and bucked and twisted and pulled. There was
no controlling it and certainly no getting close to it. As it jerked me off my feet
and started dragging me across the ground, it occurred to me that having a deer
on a rope was not nearly as good an idea as I had originally imagined.

The only upside is that they do not have as much stamina
as many other animals.

A brief 10 minutes later, it was tired and not nearly as
quick to jerk me off my feet and drag me when I managed to get up. It took me
a few minutes to realize this, since I was mostly blinded by the blood flowing out
of the big gash in my head. At that point, I had lost my taste for corn-fed
venison. I just wanted to get that devil creature off the end of that rope.

I figured if I just let it go with the rope hanging around
its neck, it would likely die slow and painfully somewhere. At the time, there was
no love at all between me and that deer. At that moment, I hated the thing,
and I would venture a guess that the feeling was mutual.

Despite the gash in my head and the several large knots where
I had cleverly arrested the deer's momentum by bracing my head against various large
rocks as it dragged me across the ground, I could still think clearly enough to
recognize that there was a small chance that I shared some tiny amount of responsibility
for the situation we were in, so I didn't want the deer to have to suffer a slow
death, so I managed to get it lined back up in between my truck and the feeder -
a little trap I had set before hand...kind of like a squeeze chute.

I got it to back in there and I started moving up so I could
get my rope back.

Did you know that deer bite? They do! I never in a million
years would have thought that a deer would bite somebody, so I was very surprised
when I reached up there to grab that rope and the deer grabbed hold of my wrist.

Now, when a deer bites you, it is not like being bit by a
horse where they just bite you and then let go. A deer bites you and shakes
its head --almost like a pit bull. They bite HARD and it hurts.

The proper thing to do when a deer bites you is probably
to freeze and draw back slowly. I tried screaming and shaking instead. My method
was ineffective. It seems like the deer was biting and shaking for several minutes,
but it was likely only several seconds.

I, being smarter than a deer (though you may be questioning
that claim by now), tricked it.

While I kept it busy tearing the tendons out of my right
arm, I reached up with my left hand and pulled that rope loose. That was when
I got my final lesson in deer behavior for the day.

Deer will strike at you with their front feet. They rear
right up on their back feet and strike right about head and shoulder level, and
their hooves are surprisingly sharp. I learned a long time ago that, when an animal
-- like a horse --strikes at you with their hooves and you can't get away easily,
the best thing to do is try to make a loud noise and make an aggressive move towards
the animal.
This will usually cause them to back down a bit so you
can escape.

This was not a horse. This was a deer, so obviously, such
trickery would not work. In the course of a millisecond, I devised a different
strategy. I screamed like a woman and tried to turn and run.

The reason I had always been told NOT to try to turn and
run from a horse that paws at you is that there is a good chance that it will
hit you in the back of the head. Deer may not be so different from horses after
all, besides being twice as strong and 3 times as evil, because the second
I turned to run, it hit me right in the back of the head and knocked me down.

Now, when a deer paws at you and knocks you down, it does
not immediately leave. I suspect it does not recognize that the danger
has passed. What they do instead is paw your back and jump up and down on you
while you are laying there crying like a little girl and covering your head.

I finally managed to crawl under the truck and the deer went
away.

So now I know why when people go deer hunting they bring
a rifle with a scope to sort of even the odds.

Or under the car..

🦌🤣🦌🤣🦌🦌🦌
I’ve read the Rope a Deer thing a couple of times. It gets posted by EVERY new person that joins TnDeer. JFC

Almost as much as “The Fa-King”

hardy harr harr 🙄🙄🙄🥱🥱🥱🥱

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

😔😣😣😔😔😔
99% of people are not prepared to deal with whatever comes their way to upset their apple cart.
#wyomingarmsbumpersticker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by deflave
Should called Burns.

LOL
Johnny MIC'Gutshot would have made that bad deer suffer! laugh

Gotta say even I am impressed with how deep I have penetrated the brains of a few here on 24hrCF.

Being a Wizard is fun.
Most of the old guys on here would have broke a hip on the fall.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Being a Wizard is fun.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Most of the old guys on here would have broke a hip on the fall.

Callnum you are one of the old guys..
Originally Posted by Osky
Round one goes to the deer.

Osky
Round 2 goes into the deer

Talking whitetail.
Mules, too.
© 24hourcampfire