Home
We checked some trail cams showed her a new buddy stand she said you know your 16 ft closer to god in a tree stand
Deep
I always said that church is where some of us go to think about hunting, but hunting is where most people actually think about God!
7mm
I like that
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I always said that church is where some of us go to think about hunting, but hunting is where most people actually think about God!
7mm
The lord has blessed me often in a tree stand without a offering plate shoved in my face
Obviously, you are raising her right...Joe
That is way cool! Most kids I know are too glued to their phones to know how to converse with anyone!
My parish priest once said jokingly, it’s a good thing you’re a roofer because that’s as close to heaven as you’re going to get.
12 years old asks about guns and hunting every day now I might have a genuine hunter in the making and loving it
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
earlybrd......Nice thought from your daughter and nice pics.

However, if you get drunk and fall out then your that much closer to hell if you land on your head.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
12 years old asks about guns and hunting every day now I might have a genuine hunter in the making and loving it
I remember how much I wanted to go along with Dad and my Cousins and Uncles, and how jealous I was of my older brother because he go to go and I couldn’t.
I genuinely looked forward to turning 12 and getting a hunting license even more than I did my drivers license!
I had access to guns, and hunted groundhogs and blackbirds, but going on the mountain with Dad and the rest, God, I couldn’t wait.
I think Ben was the same way when he was turning 12. There’s something mystical about it when you’re born into a family of hunters that those who didn’t have family missed out on.
It becomes part of your soul.
7mm
Take the hint Dad and take ‘em along. 😊
That’s cool that your daughter thinks like that. 👍

I’ve never felt as close to God as I have at sea level. When you’re fishing from an 18’ Grady White Center console 65+ miles offshore on the Pacific and the weather changes unexpectedly you know that God is extremely close at hand. High in the mountains or even in the deserts of Arizona I’ve never felt that God wasn’t close but being in His creation sure drives the point home for me.

Thanks for a good change of pace with this thread.
Cool thoughts and I applaud her for the sentiment.

I just have to wonder though.....................................

how's that work for our Aussie friends who'd be 16' in the other direction if they were in a tree stand????
I’ve thinked the lord 2x in tree stand mishaps one with a harness one without
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I’ve thinked the lord 2x in tree stand mishaps one with a harness one without
Let's hope there is no third time.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Cool thoughts and I applaud her for the sentiment.

I just have to wonder though.....................................

how's that work for our Aussie friends who'd be 16' in the other direction if they were in a tree stand????

Seems I may need to be ine of those astronaut dudes who stood on the moon...gotta be the closest yet!
Newbie question here...bear with me, why do folks hunt in trees? In my younger days, I cut a lot of trees...never saw anything I would care to eat. Around here is blacktails, never seen one in a tree. Curious in Newsom land.
Because everyone wants to be the first to shoot a deer out of a tree. Tree deer are extremely uncommon unlike stump deer or stump elk…even stump bear but not tree deer.
Aces, Thanks man, it's all coming together now. When I worked up in Wash. for Rayonier we tried to kill all the trees...I suppose to get rid of tree deer and tree elk.
© 24hourcampfire