Home
Cliff notes. Lots of screaming and gunshots around a 1/2 Milwaukee away from two bow hunters up in a tree.

Skip to the 3:00 minute mark to cut out the rambling.

JFC
Years ago I was bow hunting on private property that was next to a state game area (Marion Springs area for my MI peoples). The state land was mostly used for small game hunting, had a small parking area just off of the road. About an hour before sunset I heard some yelling coming from the parking area. Some guy caught his wife boinking her boyfriend in the parking lot, thank God there was no gunfire. St. Charles was kind of known for it's loose wemen back then...
Can you carry a pistol while bow hunting there? Not sure I would have stayed that long.
Originally Posted by kennyd
Can you carry a pistol while bow hunting there? Not sure I would have stayed that long.
Not while deer hunting. I had run into a DNR officer in that area a few times due to it being a put & take pheasant hunting area so carrying was risky.
Wood type public land is a good place to get shot or meth heads robbing you or vehicle in Texas.
Those guys are something else. First of all whispering (as required on all game cams, I suppose) when the gunshots and screams likely spooked everything in the area. One guy was grinning....really? Then they heard the screams and gunshots for "thirty minutes" before deciding to call the cops?

Real clowns.

Does the second amendment pause for hunting season?
We can carry concealed while hunting of fishing.
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

Michigan can too
Originally Posted by 78CJ

Michigan can too
Now, but the incident I'm refering to happen about forty years ago. The DNR officer in that area was legendary for his conviction rate, I still remember his name. Back then you could get a rain permit and carry while hunting just not during archery deer season if you're deer hunting.
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Not while deer hunting. I had run into a DNR officer in that area a few times due to it being a put & take pheasant hunting area so carrying was risky.
You can in Indiana, and I do.

About the only time I do. Anymore there’s some weird ass people full time camping in the mountains. I’m sure a few are clandestine meth labs.
And you all say California people suck!
Fug no!
Virginia as well some weird ass folks you wonder into fishing
Originally Posted by fester
And you all say California people suck!
Fug no!
Things have changed over the years. We've been a "shall issue" state for awhile now. We have the castle doctrine, stand your ground laws and open carry is legal. If you legally use a firearm to defend yourself you're protected from civil lawsuits from the perp or their family.
No way I'm hearing that and not getting down right away and clearing out! That's a good way to get dead....
When that stuff started up, why in the hell didn't those idiots pack up and move out to where they could call the cops?

Weird stuff hap[pens. There were several reports of people found murdered in their camp when I lived in Nevada and a few here in Arizona as well. One was someone I knew. I quit camping alone after that one.
PJ
Originally Posted by Ralphie

The 2A never pauses, but hunting is a privilege, not a right, and some states make you give up your 2A rights to participate in the privilege.
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Ralphie

The 2A never pauses, but hunting is a privilege, not a right, and some states make you give up your 2A rights to participate in the privilege.
Just like walking in the door of certain buildings????
Seems perfectly normal for the Ozarks, no?
I carry an AK, 2 Glocks and an LCP II for self defense.

I do not hunt with them...
Fake. You do realize people get paid for the number of YouTube videos views they get.
No updates on comments on what the Cops might have found in the area......
What state was this? National forest or state forest?
Originally Posted by Stammster
Fake. You do realize people get paid for the number of YouTube videos views they get.

I don't think it was fake.
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Yeah, I don't think they would risk charges for making false police reports.

It wasn't fake.
Years ago I was bow hunting on private property that was next to a state game area (Marion Springs area for my MI peoples). The state land was mostly used for small game hunting, had a small parking area just off of the road. About an hour before sunset I heard some yelling coming from the parking area. Some guy caught his wife boinking her boyfriend in the parking lot, thank God there was no gunfire. St. Charles was kind of known for it's loose wemen back then...

Grew up in Marion (Springs) and live near St Ch now. This story checks out. 😂

Jeez, AJ, you and I might know each other!
Link just goes to youtube, not to the video. Nothing here for me.
Those guys, The Hunting Public, hunt public ground all over the place for deer and turkey mostly. This video was on public ground in northern Missouri. And yes, you can legally carry a handgun while bowhunting in Missouri. Missouri is a constitutional carry state. It seems to me that what they were hearing was a tweaker having a meltdown from that nearest house to their location. Northern Missouri public ground blocks aren't huge, most of them are several thousand acres scattered around rural farm houses. Southern Missouri public grounds can get large, several hundreds of thousands of acres in big blocks of continuous forest. Phone service is spotty at best, usually non-existent. Tweakers tweaking and having a crisis in possession of a gun are no joke, they're dangerous sumbitches to be around.
Originally Posted by Heym06
Link just goes to youtube, not to the video. Nothing here for me.

Click the "Watch on YouTube" link in the player and it will take you to the video.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Yeah, I don't think they would risk charges for making false police reports.

It wasn't fake.

No sound of a voice on the other end of the phone call. With the camera and mic in such close proximity to the guy it should have picked up the dispatcher talking to the guy.
Bogus
"In 1985, two 27-year-old friends left their suburban Detroit homes for a hunting trip in rural Michigan. When they did not return, their families and police suspected foul play. For 18 years, no one could prove a thing. Then, a relentless investigator got a witness to talk, and a horrifying story emerged."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My son was drawn for a Kentucky archery bull elk tag several years ago. I went with him on opening day, and my greatest concern was running into a marijuana patch or a meth lab because we were hunting on land where there is some of that stuff going on. I called my local game warden and asked him about what I could, and could not legally carry while accompanying my son. Since we both had our concealed carry permits, we could carry a handgun, and this was before Kentucky passed Constitutional Carry. I asked about me carrying an AR, and was told that while there was nothing specific about that being legal or illegal, that a game warden would more than likely look at it as a violation. I did anyway, as I figured I'd cross that bridge when I came to it, which I never did.
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind

Grew up in Marion (Springs) and live near St Ch now. This story checks out. 😂

Jeez, AJ, you and I might know each other!
Stick your GM I.D. to your forehead and walk into any bar. Ya had to beat them off with a stick. grin
Friend of mine that went through an apprenticeship at the same time I did lived on Schroeder Rd. just east of Hemlock Rd.
Hunting on public lands can be dangerous. Many hunters don’t know wear there bullet end up. Bullet flying everywhere.
It’s called methamphetamine
Sometime in the 1970's, I took my two oldest stepkids camping during deer season. we were hoping to have a bit of fun and maybe get a deer. Ran into a couple of hunters from California and what a pair they were.

One guy had a low slung holster with a Ruger Blackhawk tied down and a .300 Weatherby Magnum. Dude number two had the requisite .300 Weatherby and two Ruger super Blackhawk 44 mags in a double gun rig. We talked a bit and they seemed OK.

Along about 3 in the morning I was awakened by loud shouting from their camp. Something about one guy getting frisky with the other guy's wife. Then a bunch of shots. They'd been partying for some time before settling down so I guess they were pretty well drunk out of their minds.

Our camper was a VW bus I fixed up so breaking camp and getting the hell out of Dodge was pretty easy. I flagged down a state trooper and told him what went on and where. He had my contact info so I could be reached if necessary. Never heard another word so I have to presume neither on of those idiots took a bullet. FWIW, the area were were at was just out of Jarbridge Nevada. Never hunted that area again. Did 90% of my deer hunting just out of Battle Mountain and had a nice spot where getting a deer was easy. My two hunting partners and I called it our hole in the wall place to hunt. AFAIK, no one ever found the way into that spot.
PJ
I saw something scary in Oregon.
Originally Posted by sse
"In 1985, two 27-year-old friends left their suburban Detroit homes for a hunting trip in rural Michigan. When they did not return, their families and police suspected foul play. For 18 years, no one could prove a thing. Then, a relentless investigator got a witness to talk, and a horrifying story emerged."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Sad. Stay out of bars.
I know the Ashley / Marion Springs Public land a bit and have hunted off Schroeder Rd a few times. Small world.
Originally Posted by bigwoods
I know the Ashley / Marion Springs Public land a bit and have hunted off Schroeder Rd a few times. Small world.
Spent some time hanging out in the area south east of Ithaca & Chapin. A couple of coveys of ruffed grouse roamed the area, there was also two decent bucks that were occasionally seen. I just couldn't hunt them consistently.
Guy killed in national Forest here a while back.

Fl man killed in Alabama National Forest
Originally Posted by Axl
Guy killed in national Forest here a while back.

Fl man killed in Alabama National Forest

Surprised the college kid had a gun, shame he wasn't able to stop the threat before he got shot himself.

In Texas, it is legal to carry a firearm in any known hunting or fishing venue. That was long before it became legal to conceal carry.
© 24hourcampfire