Home
Posted By: Craigster $56 - 10/15/22
What I paid for a pound of IMR 4227 at SW in Klamath Falls OR. Actually it was only $55.99.

Let's go Brandon !
Posted By: bbassi Re: $56 - 10/15/22
You must have really needed that powder huh? 😳
Posted By: RiverRider Re: $56 - 10/15/22
If you're not willing to build up a good stock if the powders you use the most, then that's how it's likely to go. Buying online has the downside of having to pay hazmat charges, but buying 8-pounders can offset that expense easily and online prices for powder are mostly still very reasonable if you shop around. It's too bad the same can't be said about primers, at least not for te ladt couple of years.
Posted By: Craigster Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Been lookin' for it locally for the last couple of years, and it won't be getting any cheaper.
Posted By: slumlord Re: $56 - 10/15/22
I got everything I need

But then I sawed 8” off of a barrel

It started liking a powder I didnt have a lot of.

It happens like that
Originally Posted by RiverRider
If you're not willing to build up a good stock if the powders you use the most, then that's how it's likely to go. Buying online has the downside of having to pay hazmat charges, but buying 8-pounders can offset that expense easily and online prices for powder are mostly still very reasonable if you shop around. It's too bad the same can't be said about primers, at least not for te ladt couple of years.

Tell me something I don't already know.
Posted By: dale06 Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Can buy local quite a few powders at LGS for $33-42.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: $56 - 10/15/22
I just paid $233 for 8lbs of H335.

Adding hazmat and shipping, total was $279.90

Anyone seeing any H1000 at a good price on-line?

🦫
Posted By: akrange Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got everything I need

It happens like that

Umm
Snub Nose 300 Winchester that has the Velvetta of a 30-30 Winchester..

Good Head ..
Thrifty..
Posted By: ol_mike Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Craig,

I thought you were going to say 10gal of gas, but hey where you live that might be a bargain.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Primers...I had to find recipes using magnum primers for my 380 and 9mm. I gave up on finding small pistol standards at a reasonable price.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: $56 - 10/15/22
When powder is $100 lb. you can look back and say you still have a can with a 56.99 price tag on it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Originally Posted by akrange
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got everything I need

It happens like that

Umm
Snub Nose 300 Winchester that has the Velvetta of a 30-30 Winchester..

Good Head ..
Thrifty..

Swedish mauser with a goose barrel
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Craig,

I thought you were going to say 10gal of gas, but hey where you live that might be a bargain.

It would, it's right close to 7 a gallon here.
Posted By: ironbender Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Originally Posted by Craigster
Craig,

Honk for joey says it’s always been like that.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Painful subject for me.
Reloading was a big part of "Me".
Now, I can't find powder, bullets, primers, etc, etc.....
When I DO (rarely) find components, I can't afford them without scrimping and saving. By that time, whatever I've found is either gone or doubled in price.

I come from an era where a flat of 100 primers was .99 cents.
A pound of powder was less than five bucks.
Sierra bullets came 101 to the box.
Once fired AA hulls were a nickle each.
Lead shot came in 25 pound bags.
Reloading actually saved you money.
A box of .270 Win 130 grain was like $3.95.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Amazing. A year or so ago I gave away about 15 pounds of powder and several thousand primers. I'm down to about seven pounds and a few thousand of all four kinds - none of which I will ever use, most likely. I have stopped shooting and there is almost no legal way to get rid of reloading components.

Looks like I quit at just the right time.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: $56 - 10/15/22
Within the past few months I’ve given away a jug of RL22, sold a few hundred new .243 cases I no longer needed, and just bought a couple hundred bullets a member here no longer needed. Next week I’m selling some 209s at my original cost to a shooting pal in need. I’m shooting more than ever it seems, some handloads, but also a lot more factory than ever before: .22, 9mm. .223, and about 50-75 shotshells a week in 12, 20, and even some .410 (which comes very dear!). It’s what I do, and as long as the baby has shoes I’ll keep on doing it as long as I’m physically able. Pretty sure I’ll go under before I run out of what I need for my loading, eight CF rifle rounds IIRC, and four handgun.

Been buying, selling, and even gave away a couple guns, adjusting to what I’m doing now instead of what I used to do or thought I might do someday. I joke a lot about not buying any more, but I might actually be at that place now as I have something to cover all my current needs, interests, and abilities. Still hunting too, but in small chunks. About half a day, a couple times a week does it for me.
Posted By: Craigster Re: $56 - 10/16/22
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Craigster
Craig,

Honk for joey says it’s always been like that.

Yup, it's always been higher here, this is why:

https://www.northcoastjournal.com/humboldt/gasoline-kings/Content?oid=2133366

It's an older article, but the scenario hasn't changed.
Posted By: ironbender Re: $56 - 10/16/22
It’s always been higher, but not pushing 7 bucks, right?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: $56 - 10/16/22
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
When powder is $100 lb. you can look back and say you still have a can with a 56.99 price tag on it.
That's what I been saying... Best get it while you can.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: $56 - 10/16/22
went to a LGS to this afternoon.

had some h1000 and h4350 in stock. $57 pound.

same for in stock vihavitaouri (sp?)

good thing i rat holed some @ $43 pound.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: $56 - 10/16/22
Lo al shop had some RL15.5 I really wanted to try but I passed at $55/pound.

I had to break it to my neighbor that I wasn't going to sell him anymore powder at $25/pound. I told him it didn't make sense for me to sell anymore because it costs me 2 times that to replace it. I told him he could have some pp4000mr for that that I wasn't going to use but he wanted my rl23 and rl26. I had to tell him no on those two.

He's a good guy an older retired vet so I hated to tell him no but it's getting to that point with inflation that i cant go off of what i paid years ago. I also had to tell him I can no longer sell him primers at $40/1000 because I don't know if they'll ever come back to that price.

From here on out I'm going to have to consider replacement costs unless it's something I don't want to replace. I sold him several cans of RL25 for $20 a can last year because I don't use that one anymore.

Bb
Posted By: Henryseale Re: $56 - 10/16/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Primers...I had to find recipes using magnum primers for my 380 and 9mm. I gave up on finding small pistol standards at a reasonable price.
Here is a good deal on primers. I have used these and they are good primers. https://lohmanarms.com/product/ginex-small-pistol-primers/ $84.99/1000 + Haz-Mat + shipping + tax. No limit. Not likely to find primers anywhere cheaper and they ain't likely to ever get anything other than higher priced and maybe less available. Who knows for sure on the future availability?
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: $56 - 10/16/22

same place had 8# of h4350 for $415. (plus 7%)
Posted By: Craigster Re: $56 - 10/16/22
Originally Posted by ironbender
It’s always been higher, but not pushing 7 bucks, right?

Right, I've been here 30 yrs and this is the highest it's ever been.
© 24hourcampfire