Home
Put in up river at 7:30 A.M. and pulled out at 2:00 P.M. Chilly, but only encountered three fisherman, six duck hunters and one barge.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
America’s first Interstate Highway.

Nice pics of The Father Of Waters.
Ok, stupid question. Can you paddle upriver, or is the current generally too fast?
Nice pictures and better yesterday than today. I am sure I went fishing for the last time today. It was windy , it rained and when I got off it started to sleet. I caught one 15" northern and 3 others got off. I enjoyed the fall colors though. Do you every float the Wisconsin River?
Anyone interested in reading an excellent book on Old Man River with beautiful pics, get a copy of “ Around The Bend” by C.C. Lockwood.

Your local library can probably get jt for you.

Another excellent read on the mighty Mississippi is “Rising Tide” by John Barry who won a Pulitzer for the book and a well deserved one. Don’t start it on a night where you have to go to work the next day.

Your local library can probably get this one also. Both are available on Amazon.
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Ok, stupid question. Can you paddle upriver, or is the current generally too fast?
No problem to paddle upstream. I have done it many times.
Originally Posted by ihookem
Nice pictures and better yesterday than today. I am sure I went fishing for the last time today. It was windy , it rained and when I got off it started to sleet. I caught one 15" northern and 3 others got off. I enjoyed the fall colors though. Do you every float the Wisconsin River?
Yes, have floated the Wisconsin River with canoe and kayak many times. From the Prairie du Sac dam to the Mississippi River and short trips in between.
Fish the Headwaters / Source of the “Hardest Working River in America” many many times. BTW: Packers Suck.
I bet that makes for a wonderful day.
If barges can't get up the Ole Man.....we be screwed!
If they didn't have a series of locks on the river, barges may not be feasible.
The lower Mississippi doesn’t have any locks. However dredging is required.
You will be dragging your Arab off you make it to the locks no water here
Eeee
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fall panfish bite has been 🔥 in my part of Wisconsin and it’s going to 70 this next weekend. Not putting my rods or kayak away yet.
That IS a good bluegill!
Originally Posted by Hypocrite

Fall panfish bite has been 🔥 in my part of Wisconsin and it’s going to 70 this next weekend. Not putting my rods or kayak away yet.

Best snook bait out there. grin
Did the river seem low to you?
That looks like an enjoyable day. I'd imagine it was a bit chilly - a little island scouting? laugh
The rivers are all way low down here.
Originally Posted by Hypocrite

That thing is fat!
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Did the river seem low to you?

Saying on the news that @ Vicksburg getting real low.
Starting to cause problems with barge traffic.
© 24hourcampfire