Home
Posted By: memtb Another Wyoming Bear Attack - 10/17/22
These kids are lucky to be alive! It takes a very brave young man to attempt to save his friend in this situation! memtb

https://cowboystatedaily.com/
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Another Wyoming Bear Attack - 10/17/22
I am not a fan of them or wolves. We wiped them out for a reason.
Lucky they both weren’t eaten.
Always be armed with a firearm that will do the job quickly. If a wild animal doesn't run when it sees a human - shoot it and go on about your business.
A brave man to attack a grizzly with bare hands! I hope and pray that they both recover well.
Posted By: memtb Re: Another Wyoming Bear Attack - 10/17/22
Originally Posted by Geno67
I am not a fan of them or wolves. We wiped them out for a reason.

While the bears are certainly more dangerous…..I’d rather have them than the d&$# wolves. Bear populations are much easier to manage (if done properly) and bears aren’t known for “thrill kills”, unlike a [bleep] wolf pack! memtb
Originally Posted by memtb
These kids are lucky to be alive! It takes a very brave young man to attempt to save his friend in this situation! memtb

Brave indeed!

https://cowboystatedaily.com/
The boy that tackled a grizzly bare handed has quite the set of stones.
Burns should be along shortly to interject his company into this somehow. That young man has balls of steel.
Posted By: wytex Re: Another Wyoming Bear Attack - 10/17/22
Lucky young men for sure but why would they go hiking in the middle of hunting season in the mountains with grizz? This time of the year they look at humans as free food during hunting season.

Hope they have a full recovery and should be friends for life after this.
Posted By: Osky Re: Another Wyoming Bear Attack - 10/17/22
There’s a young man to go over the mountain with.
Are there go fund me deals up for those two anyone know?

Osky
Posted By: Osky Re: Another Wyoming Bear Attack - 10/17/22
Originally Posted by wytex
Lucky young men for sure but why would they go hiking in the middle of hunting season in the mountains with grizz? This time of the year they look at humans as free food during hunting season.

Hope they have a full recovery and should be friends for life after this.

Getting to be fewer and fewer mountains out that way that don’t have those bears.

Osky
Scrolled down that newspaper and found this. Slumlord you gettin this?

They need to open grizzly season there! Guy I wirked with got attacked by a young grizzly, approximately 300lbs. Got him in hand and shin up by meteetsee area.
Good God! Attacked a griz with bare hands.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Another Wyoming Bear Attack - 10/18/22
https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/1...fGtYSXIjb6t7VcRU9fqtTvTf5glOpKCoeDRaE2_I
This happened in the drainage I shot my first deer. One of these kids is in a college class with my son. I have seen some photos of the kids after the attack. Looks like a horror movie. I don't know how the kid could even see through the blood. It is easy to armchair quarter back these things but I would love to hear since it sounds like they all had bear spray why the kid didn't mace the bear in the face when he was on top of his friend. I am guessing he either didn't have bear spray or when it all happens so fast was in action mode and didn't even think of the bear spray and just jumped on the bear. Either way was gutsy grabbing the bear by the ear. The bear put the hurting on him though.

As far as why hiking during hunting season isn't that basically what all the hunters are doing? There are so many bears around here going anywhere to enjoy the outdoors brings some risk. Many people are fishing as well as hiking this time of year not just hunting.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Another Wyoming Bear Attack - 10/18/22
Just to add a little prospective to what "grabbing a Grizzly by the ear" might entail.

“I grabbed and yanked him hard by the ear,” said Cummings"

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Wrestlers are a special breed.

His buddy needs to buy him a wheelbarrow.
I've had to run the attack with no firearm senerio through my head a couple times due to situations I've found myself in.

No matter how well I've thought it through, I always lose the battle.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Always be armed with a firearm that will do the job quickly. If a wild animal doesn't run when it sees a human - shoot it and go on about your business.

Could not agree more, I don't leave home without backup when I bowhunt in Grizz country!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Never leave home without it.
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Could not agree more, I don't leave home without backup when I bowhunt in Grizz country!

It just don't always work out that way when you spend a lot of time in bear habitat.

My last really close encounter with a large Akaskan Brown Bear, I had a laptop in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other.

We ended up about 5 feet apart, as he turned and walked away I'd swear I heard him call me a dumbass.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Another Wyoming Bear Attack - 10/19/22
Surprised PETA and the like aren't trying to get him arrested for assaulting an endangered species
© 24hourcampfire