Home
Posted By: keystoneben Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
I've been looking for two sets of tires for 3500/4500 trucks. The local shops don't have any in stock or the price is $150 more per tire than online. What site online is your go to? I was looking at simple tire.com but don't want to send $2500 to someone out of the blue.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
Have had good luck with: Discount Tire Direct
Posted By: 700LH Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
Wal Mart,

We've bought 4 sets online there now, some are brand names some not.
'
The tires are as good as paying higher costs from a tire store.
Posted By: tdbob Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
I've used Tirerack.com. a couple of times not the cheapest option, but I got what I wanted.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Wal Mart,

We've bought 4 sets online there now, some are brand names some not.
'
The tires are as good as paying higher costs from a tire store.

Tried ordering there a couple weeks back, after a week they had no idea when arrival would be.
I cancelled the order.
They credited 50%!?!
Took 50 minutes to get the other 50% credited.
While discussing/straightening it out I ordered from DTD, they arrived the next day.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
95% of my tires come from Walmart.Com

They usually are cheaper than anyone else.

Toyo, Nitto, Nokian mostly...
Posted By: deer1 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
I have good fast service with Tirerack
https://www.tiresbyweb.com/

I have been buying from these guys for years. Can't get studded snow tires locally. These guys are great, I just paid them $1,003 for a set of Nokian studded tires.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
Originally Posted by tdbob
I've used Tirerack.com. a couple of times not the cheapest option, but I got what I wanted.

I've only used them once earlier this year for a tire/wheel combo and everything went great. They actually ended up cheaper from what I could find local especially on the wheels. I'd use them again if they had what I was looking for.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
My favorite is Discount Tire Direct but have ordered from Tire Rack with good success.

On my last order from Tire Rack, I got one tire that had a really old build date and they exchanged it with no issues. The paid for return shipping, too.

Ed
I've had great luck with Amazon.
I ordered 5 tires for my Jeep Wrangler. Two show up on time and couldn't find tracking on the other three. Contact Amazon and they refund me for the three tires. Next day the three tires show up. WIN!

Then I order four tires for my Cherokee. I had them sent to a installer figuring $20 each mount ,balance and dispose is better than doing the M&B myself.
I show up at the installers for my appointment and the guy says he doesn't have me down for the appointment and he doesn't have anyone there to do it if I was. Says he can get me in ten days from then. I said okay and left. I was pissed. Called Amazon and relayed my displeasure. The young lady asked if there was somewhere else close to me that would install them sooner for me. I told her I can do it myself. She gave me a full refund on the tires and installation! I went back and picked up the tires and did it myself.

Nine tires for the price of two! Let's see you beat that!
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
Tirerack has gotten pretty big for their britches, they were good back when, now they are not the price leader, they don't want to let you buy by size ...they want you to put in your vehicle and then limit the sizes and load ranges. Doing much better and easier and more fair shipping with smaller web sellers.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Tirerack has gotten pretty big for their britches, they were good back when, now they are not the price leader, they don't want to let you buy by size ...they want you to put in your vehicle and then limit the sizes and load ranges. Doing much better and easier and more fair shipping with smaller web sellers.

3 weeks ago, I got 4 tires from Tirerack and instead of them telling me what would fit my truck, I told them what I wanted. They had to ship the tires from Atlanta, Ga., on their dime, and I picked them up in Shreveport, save about a $100 shipping. Cost $100 to have a place mount and balance them, but I still came out ahead. 60,000 mile tires, out the door, mounted and balanced for around $650, and I got what I wanted.
Originally Posted by flintlocke

I got fed up with them over this about a year back.
Placed order, everything went through just fine.
Hour later I get a email, we can't ship these "summer tires to your location due to the local climate".
Wanted a waiver signed stating that the vehicle/tires would only be used in 'summer conditions'.
Cancelled and never went back to them.
I just installed 6 Otani oh650 tires on my 5500 4x4. They were $213.00 each delivered from, don't hate me....Walmart. com.

Shiooed quick enough and are killer skins for the money.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
Are the tires delivered to you or to the local store for installation?
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Are the tires delivered to you or to the local store for installation?

Mine were always 'for pickup' at my local store.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
I've had great service from Discount Tire Direct but I order in the store. They can get anything you can get online and usually a lot faster. They also honor the best price Discount Tire Direct offers online for the tires, including discounts and rebates. The Discount Tire stores are a division of the company Discount Tire Direct. I've found their in store service to be excellent... but always check their online prices before going into the store...
Originally Posted by Raeford
This. Pick them up at the store. Get balanced and mounted at pickup.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Raeford
This. Pick them up at the store. Get balanced and mounted at pickup.

Wish that we had a 'store' around here.
Yeah, I’ve always used Discount Tire but never ordered tires online. Just wondering if that creates any hassle getting them installed. My ‘06 Silverado needs new shoes and tire prices are outrageous like everything else today. Might have to do some online shopping.
Why would anyone pay to get tires mounted and balanced? Been doing it myself for 60 years!
Are you really that stupid?
Posted By: boatammo Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
I'VE had good luck also. Discount Tire.
Posted By: 5spd Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
Wal-Mart online. Have never had a order issue, always received within 10 days.
Shipped to store, mounted, balanced there also.
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
I have used Tire Rack once when no one had the tires I wanted locally. These were Firestone tires and they shipped to my Firestone dealer and they installed. The whole process went well and the cost was within a few dollars of what it would have been locally.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
If you’re a Sam’s Club member, they’re the best place to get tires.
Our Honda CR-V wore out the original tires in 27,000 miles. We’re in the St. Louis,MO area till tomorrow and the tires are waiting for us when we get back to Michigan. Sam’s Club is the low price leader.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
If you don't have a Discount Tire Store close by, they will send them to whichever installer they have listed that is close to your location.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
Yeah, I’ve always used Discount Tire but never ordered tires online. Just wondering if that creates any hassle getting them installed. My ‘06 Silverado needs new shoes and tire prices are outrageous like everything else today. Might have to do some online shopping.

I have ordered several sets of tires online. Problem is local shops hate to mount them and if they do they gouge you. So I bought a Harbor Freight manual tire mounting contraption and I use glass beads in the tire to balance them... saved me hundreds of $

My luck with Walmart online was beyond horrible and as others have said Tire Rack isn't the way to go anymore, several other less known online sellers with great prices and service
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
I have bought 2 sets from Walmart.com. good experience.and good price on them. Had them installed at Walmart tire center.
tiresbyweb.com I have bought from them for 15 years. Prompt shipping to your house.
Posted By: Mossy Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/17/22
I’ve used simple tire, discount tire direct, Amazon and tire rack. Never an issue with any of them
I bought 4 or 5 sets from Discount tire Direct over the years, free shipping and a lot cheaper than any of the local tire stores. I take mine to WallyWorld for mounting & balancing, and then free tire rotation is included.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22
Amazon is anti gun...

Walmart sells guns (albeit the selection really sucks anymore).

Walmart also beats Amazon on price 95% of the time...
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22
Been kinda wondering about the online thing.
Need a new set of 31 10.50 15,s myself.

OEM size is 265 75r 15.
Wally world saying they cant install the 31,s
OEM game I have ran into before up their with Khanarella cars...

Wanted to rub some schit in their face knowing what would happen just to show them their policy is fuuuuking stooopid.

Ok
Smart phone comes out .
Little Google fu I had already done and knew fast where to find the info
Show me the dimension diffs mr manager.
Oh my...
Lookee at that some of the specs for 31,s are smaller than the 265,s and vice versa.

Morons....
F U...

I dont know if that bullschit policy is just around here or nationwide.
But it is fuuuking stoopid as fuuuk AFAIC...

We got a discount tire in town and they give a 5% mil discount.
Havent been over their yet to see if they play the dumbazz OEM game...
If I have to balance and mount em myself up on the auto craft shop on post so be it...
Ain't the 1st time I have gone up their to put on tires over the past couple of decades...
They got the mount dismount machine and the spin balancer.
Just have one of the guys give me a quick refresher hands on with 1st and GTG from their.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22
Walmart only mounts tire sizes per the door placard. No exception!

Unless you know Jimmy and slip him some cash...
Posted By: joken2 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22
My experience with buying tires and mounting at Walmart was okay except for the 'Free Rotation'... which is at their convenience, not the customer's... If they are busy, paying customer's vehicles come first.

Bought tires from them, took my vehicle back for a oil and filter change and the 'Free' tire rotation 3 - 4 months later. They changed oil and filter, but then parked my vehicle back outside. Thinking they were done I went to auto center desk to pay and leave and was told oil and filter change was done but not free tire rotation. Already there for over almost 2 hours and seeing several vehicles that came in well after I did get processed, I asked what was up with that...? Was told paying jobs get taken care of first. Paid for oil / filter change, asked for my keys, and left without 'free' tire rotation. Haven't bought tires from Walmart since...
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22
I have been getting tires through Costco last few years . When shipping, mount, balance are taken into consideration they are the best deal I’ve found. Also they have a good warranty and free rotation for life if the tires. Also very convenient. I’m way past the point in life where I want to devote very much time and effort into saving a hundred bucks or so on a $1000 purchase.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22
Originally Posted by joken2
My experience with buying tires and mounting at Walmart was okay except for the 'Free Rotation'... which is at their convenience, not the customer's... If they are busy, paying customer's vehicles come first.

Bought tires from them, took my vehicle back for a oil and filter change and the 'Free' tire rotation 3 - 4 months later. They changed oil and filter, but then parked my vehicle back outside. Thinking they were done I went to auto center desk to pay and leave and was told oil and filter change was done but not free tire rotation. Already there for over almost 2 hours and seeing several vehicles that came in well after I did get processed, I asked what was up with that...? Was told paying jobs get taken care of first. Paid for oil / filter change, asked for my keys, and left without 'free' tire rotation. Haven't bought tires from Walmart since...
That is fuuuked up...
Rotate take 10 mins max with a balance 20 mins...
Their road hazard is only good for the tire purchased then ya gotta buy new road hazard for the replacement tire....
Posted By: Boise Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22

Same here
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22
Tires from walmart and amazon. Then have the messicans install and balance.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by joken2

That is fuuuked up...
Rotate take 10 mins max with a balance 20 mins...
Their road hazard is only good for the tire purchased then ya gotta buy new road hazard for the replacement tire....

Was told that day that Super Walmart auto centers have separate bays, with each bay and assigned 'mechanics' devoted to only do a specific thing ... Oil Change & Lube bay -- Radiator service bay -- New tire mounting, balancing, tire rotation bay -- Miscellaneous service bay(s) (battery, fuel system, wiper blades, light bulbs, transmission, A/C, etc., etc. ). If a particular bay is busy, paying jobs get taken care of first regardless of order they came in and free customers service gets moved back, so..., best either plan on a long wait or forget about it and leave like I did. I figured giving them hours out of my life for free spent wandering Walmart waiting on a 'free' tire rotation wasn't worth it. I've bought all our tires elsewhere since, too.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22
Originally Posted by keystoneben
I've been looking for two sets of tires for 3500/4500 trucks. The local shops don't have any in stock or the price is $150 more per tire than online. What site online is your go to? I was looking at simple tire.com but don't want to send $2500 to someone out of the blue.

My last two sets were purchased via SimpleTire. They're all good to go. Send them to you or to the installer of your choice.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Ordering tires online? - 10/18/22

+1
© 24hourcampfire