Home
Posted By: Jiveturkey Price check - 10/19/22
Give me a good selling price.
Son has a 2007 silverado standard cab, 122k, 5.3L, 4Γ—4, towing package with electric brakes. Owned by my father, me and now my son. Has a little rust on bumper, and lower rocker panels. Otherwise body and paint are A+. New tires, battery and stainless brake lines all around. Kbb is giving me $10k for private party. Trying to talk the boy into keeping it, but he's not listening. I think he can get more than kbb, but I don't know.
Pictures
Posted By: killerv Re: Price check - 10/19/22
Buy it back, where else you gonna find a 4x4 truck like that where you know the history for 10k, especially in this market.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Price check - 10/19/22
I've got a 2013 f150 4Γ—4 so I don't need it. Just hate for him to sell it, and not sure of value in current market
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Price check - 10/19/22
My neighbor David had a 2005 (?) Chevy panel truck he told me he was going sell.

Paid $3k out of Maryland... then he cleaned it up and painted it (himself)... used it 2-3 years.

Said he was going to try and get $6k.

I told him $12,500. He laughed.

Changed that to $13k the next day, but he had already posted at $12.5k.

Sold in 15 minutes.

This was June/July IIRC.

Rust is a wildcard... many people HATE rust.
Posted By: krp Re: Price check - 10/19/22
Single cab right?

I'd offer 12k for it around here.

For 10k I'd fly to Tennessee and I haven't flown since 2005.

Kent
Posted By: Raeford Re: Price check - 10/19/22
How far East in Tenn?
Knoxville area. Waiting on title to come back in his name, and researching similar ones sold recently. Tried to post pic, but this tablet is funky
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Price check - 10/19/22
Price it at 10k and you’ll have to change your phone number. Put it on Facebook marketplace for 15k. You can come down if you have to, but I doubt you’ll have to.
I tried posting a pic from my phone, but can't get it under 4mb. Won't post anything bigger than 2mb
Posted By: slumlord Re: Price check - 10/19/22
Cmon man

πŸ˜€

We have talked about this pics deal

text raeford the pic
Posted By: Raeford Re: Price check - 10/19/22
We don't need no stinkin pics put up!
Originally Posted by slumlord
Cmon man

πŸ˜€

We have talked about this pics deal

text raeford the pic
I did, just can't figure out how to post to thread. Son is taking a dump, he'll figure it out in a minute
Posted By: slumlord Re: Price check - 10/19/22
Pics or youre a sock puppet

lol

Old Hat uses the tech excuse too
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Price check - 10/19/22
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Knoxville area. Waiting on title to come back in his name, and researching similar ones sold recently. Tried to post pic, but this tablet is funky
Dude just hit postimages
Click upload photo.
It will show your device pics/ files
Click whatever file
Click the circle bubble on pic
Click dom
Then click and copy hot link for forums

Then click and hold on reply box on here
Click paste
Then click post reply.

Once ya practice it 5 or 6 times
You can post a pic well under a minute

You can make a series of pics by clicking multiple circle bubbles on pics before clicking done.
Then select hot link for forums in the drop down box and copy that code from the little blue looking icon box to the right.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Posted By: Teal Re: Price check - 10/19/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Teal
I'm pretty confused now..

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄
Need new tires....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Teal Re: Price check - 10/19/22
Originally Posted by renegade50

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄

It's for small bears that are only down the holler 1/4 mile.

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄

It's for small bears that are only down the holler 1/4 mile.
Ok ...
I'm tracking now.
Uberlanche...
🀣🀣🀣🀣
Took a tablet, 2 phones, and my son on his computer. I finally got pics link in start of thread. Pics or it didn't happen "renegade50 "
Son has a 2007 silverado standard cab, 122k, 5.3L, 4Γ—4, towing package with electric brakes. Owned by my father, me and now my son. Has a little rust on bumper, and lower rocker panels. Otherwise body and paint are A+. New tires, battery and stainless brake lines all around. Kbb is giving me $10k for private party. Trying to talk the boy into keeping it, but he's not listening. I think he can get more than kbb, but I don't know.
Pictures

Dude...
Ya need to learn post images or imgur.
Bins stuff is limited size wise big time.

That link dont seem to work.

I used Bins stuff when he intially put it up.

He went from like 8 to 2 whatever on data size for pics.
Always had to crop and adjust pics.
Do a series of steps and back spaces on the code to make a pic show up on a post.

It took me like 1 hr playing around on postimages to figure it out on my own 1 day.

Post images is easy if ya follow along that gen guidance steps I posted.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
I can see the pics if I go to the gallery in the basement but the link for my device ain't doing it.

Later on today I will put up a screen shot thread on how to nav post images.
It might help out alot of guys on here.

"Pics or it never happened" are always good and more the merrier with pics!
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
I can see the pics if I go to the gallery in the basement but the link for my device ain't doing it.

Later on today I will put up a screen shot thread on how to nav post images.
It might help out alot of guys on here.

"Pics or it never happened" are always good and more the merrier with pics!
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
That would be awesome. Make it simple, like retarded simple. Some of us are computer illiterate
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Price check - 10/19/22
Back to the pickup, quarter panel rust and bumper rust. You might get,$ 6000 here. 2007, the year of the ugly front bumper, plus rust equals low dollars! I'm sure prices vary across the nation. Rust here is always big discount. Most would rather have a bad motor, than body parts. ymmv!
Originally Posted by Heym06
Back to the pickup, quarter panel rust and bumper rust. You might get,$ 6000 here. 2007, the year of the ugly front bumper, plus rust equals low dollars! I'm sure prices vary across the nation. Rust here is always big discount. Most would rather have a bad motor, than body parts. ymmv!
Neither are bad. Can replace rocker panels and bumper for under $600 myself. Not going to since he's selling it to buy a car.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Price check - 10/19/22
Originally Posted by Heym06
Neither are bad. Can replace rocker panels and bumper for under $600 myself. Not going to since he's selling it to buy a car.
Just giving an honest opinion. Across the nation pickup values vary considerably, rust always drops value 25% or more.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Price check - 10/23/22
Heymo6
You were wrong old boy. Put it up for sale yesterday afternoon, sold this morning for 10k. Just giving my honest opinion 😁😁
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Price check - 10/23/22
Pictures

Not much interest in reg cab trucks here in Utah

Contractors maybe.....

These ads are for comparisons

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/8171910
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Price check - 10/23/22
I could make you a good deal on a 2007 2500 Duramax with minor damage. My buddy was half a mile from the house when he reached into the Wendy’s bag for a couple French fries and he slightly drifted off the road went airborne and landed in a ravine. A little sore the next day…..he had a guardian angel riding shotgun that day because the only space that looked survivable was the small area around his head on the drivers side.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Tesoro Re: Price check - 10/24/22
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I could make you a good deal on a 2007 2500 Duramax with minor damage. My buddy was half a mile from the house when he reached into the Wendy’s bag for a couple French fries and he slightly drifted off the road went airborne and landed in a ravine. A little sore the next day…..he had a guardian angel riding shotgun that day because the only space that looked survivable was the small area around his head on the drivers side.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

oneway or the other that disgusting fast food will shorten your life span
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Price check - 10/24/22
Pictures

Dude...

Do a series of steps and back spaces on the code to make a pic show up on a post.

It took me like 1 hr playing around on postimages to figure it out on my own 1 day.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

sorry Rick Bin

can not use the photo gallery................

like to see my pics full size

Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Price check - 10/24/22
Heymo6
You were wrong old boy. Put it up for sale yesterday afternoon, sold this morning for 10k. Just giving my honest opinion 😁😁
I was just trying to tell this cat he was wrong when he said I'd get 6k if I was lucky. It sold for 10k today.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Price check - 10/24/22
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Pictures

Dude...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

sorry Rick Bin

Like those wheels; who makes them?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Price check - 10/24/22
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Pictures

Dude...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

sorry Rick Bin

Like those wheels; who makes them?

SCS Ray 10's.....they were 18" w/295 Nitto MT's on....I dumped tires/wheels for $1600 IIRC

Replaced with 17" Vision Overlands & 285 Cooper ST Maxx (5)

I've learned 16" wheels for the LC & LX with 5x150 bolt circle are tough to find

I prefer 17's over the 18's

6x139's are real common.....4Runner......GX.......Tacoma
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Price check - 10/24/22
Since all the C-19 Baloney, & chiner joe, prices for used vehicles have gone through the roof and KBB values have not kept pace. Do a search on Autotrader.com and you will get a more realistic price - probably around 13K.
© 24hourcampfire