Home
Posted By: Esox357 Price check Toyota Tacoma TRD - 10/26/22
Looking at a new or lightly used. My area is limited and new is running 41000 plus which im still in sticker shock. Course aint bought a new vehicle since 2005. Now getting an itch for a new or newer vehicle. Any decent deals out there?
Originally Posted by Esox357
Any decent deals out there?

Oh yeah every day. People all the time sell the most in demand used compact pickup for cheap, you are for sure going to happen into one for much less than what you've been seeing.

Guys here for sure have multiple lines on below market Tacos just sitting out there with no buyers. Also good that you picked the TRD trim no one wants one of those you can pick one up for a song.
Those have always been hard to find. I'd imagine these days almost impossible. Good luck in your search.
$41k seems cheap.

If it's so badass and all...

Hell, a POS pimped out Ranger 1000 is 25-30k.
(way too much)
Between the coming recession and interest rates, in 6-8 months, every vehicle on the lot may have a rebate.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Meantweets!
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Between the coming recession and interest rates, in 6-8 months, every vehicle on the lot may have a rebate.

Might be why every vehicle on the lot doesn’t add up to be very many vehicles. All going to “made to order” status.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
And maybe some of those 0% financing they used to offer huh?
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Any decent deals out there?

Oh yeah every day. People all the time sell the most in demand used compact pickup for cheap, you are for sure going to happen into one for much less than what you've been seeing.

Guys here for sure have multiple lines on below market Tacos just sitting out there with no buyers. Also good that you picked the TRD trim no one wants one of those you can pick one up for a song.

I agree with everything this guys said^^^^ ha ha..
I picked this one up last week for more then i wanted to spend but it was something i was not going to pass on. 2016 with 95,000 miles [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] I really needed a truck. north of 29,999
I have a low mileage 2001 Tundra 4x4, and I see them with higher mileage than mine going for 12 to 14 grand. The average ones with 200,000+ thousand miles are listed for 9 grand. Totally nuts. Not a good time to need a vehicle.
The secret is to buy a vehicle that is already depreciated out to its bottom level. ie my wife has a 2016 Grand Cherokee ecodiesel. I paid 42k for it new. Now its worth 25k with 50k miles. In 3 years it will have 70k miles and still be worth around the same, if kept in top shape. Dont do what I did!
Most Toyotas don't actually depreciate anymore (at least according to the "Tax Man" here in Virginia).

We pay Personal Property Tax here... in 2021 all of our Toyotas went up in value.

Dodges went down... Honda stayed even.

I won't own a Ford or GM personally...
I purchased a new SR5 4WD 6 cylinder two months ago from a dealer in Mount Airy NC. Could have driven it to Raleigh NC and sold it for $5K more than what I paid. No dealer prep or add on.

Not sure where you live but I highly recommend Mount Airy Toyota.
We bought four new 2022 Toyota Hybrid van/2 cars/SUVs this year... every one of this is worth 10%-25% more than we paid.

36MPG, 43MPG, 53MPG and 63MPG

The car market is simply insane.

If fuel prices go up as I am thing they will... "10%-25% more than we paid" may become 25% - 40%

When that happens, we will sell two or three and keep one FREE.

It is a theory... who knows if it will play out.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

Mount Airy is a BEAUTIFUL part of NC/Virginia!!!
The problem is their depreciation curves aren’t curves at all, they’re linear. One would have to find one 7 years old and significant miles for them to depreciate enough to entertain the idea of buying used.

I would make the argument that buying a vehicle is an investment, be it a depreciating asset. Buying one new, assuming a dealer would honor MSRP(in this market), would be a sound play.

Drive it it for the first 6-7 years and move on or keep it forever? Cost of ownership, all in, after resale, would make for sound math.
Teal bought a beautiful new Tacoma a week or so ago... he knows the market and might give a good opinion.

I have a $1k deposit in place on a new Tundra... since November of last year. Still no word yet.
Cash, if you don’t mind, relative to MSRP, where did you end up in November of last year?

I ask because I have a hunt club member around the same time order a new TRD 4Runner. They honored MSRP which I told him is totally fair in this market. He took possession I think in the spring.
Originally Posted by woodson
Cash, if you don’t mind, relative to MSRP, where did you end up in November of last year?

I ask because I have a hunt club member around the same time order a new TRD 4Runner. They honored MSRP which I told him is totally fair in this market. He took possession I think in the spring.

McGeorge in Richmond did us @ MSRP.

MOST (not all) are well above... DAR in Maryland was $10k over IIRC. I talked to the actual GM... zero coming off of that. DAR is huge on the east coast.

Priority in Hampton has the worst markup... last I checked.

Yeah MSRP is totally fair. Have a neighbor who had to replace his Honda Accord this year after a bad accident. Without talking to anyone he bought another Accord but 3k over sticker. I believe with a ounce of effort we could of found someone inside 50 miles who would of honored MSRP.
92k!!! for an ugly face toyota to boot! Buy a Ram for that kind of money and get a real truck
Posted By: JPro Re: Price check Toyota Tacoma TRD - 10/26/22
We bought a new 2023 Camry in September, right off the truck, at MSRP from the local dealer. 1.9% for 48mo offer from Toyota for the balance was a decent enticement as well. I'd not pay much over MSRP for something out there unless the need was very dire.
Originally Posted by JPro
We bought a new 2023 Camry in September, right off the truck, at MSRP from the local dealer. 1.9% for 48mo offer from Toyota for the balance was a decent enticement as well. I'd not pay much over MSRP for something out there unless the need was very dire.

what happens after 48 mos?!
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Buy a Ram for that kind of money and get a real truck

Best part about a Ram is in 5 years you get to buy another, or at least another powertrain.
A guy can find lightly used 3rd gens in this area for $35,000+. Several on Craigslist currerntly.
Look here

We bought the wife's Lexus GX 460 here in Jan '20

Came from Las Vegas.....with 95K miles on it....now with 127K

Simple & seam less deal...maybe you can find one close by w/o having it shipped

pic..after a few mods.............(:

https://www.carmax.com/car/23168496

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

Mount Airy is a BEAUTIFUL part of NC/Virginia!!!

Know a salesperson there.
Very few locals can secure financing for a new vehicle.
Thanks guys
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Look here

Wonder what the odds were of this getting posted. I'd have been smashing the over.
If you can find any Taco for at or near MSRP, buy it. MSRP is a "good" deal for the foreseeable future. Next year "might" be a different story.

YMMV
92k!!! for an ugly face toyota to boot! Buy a Ram for that kind of money and get a real truck

I have a Cummins and use it for the 20k loads...

Actually... I have 4 of them.

They hold value kinda well also.
Originally Posted by SKane
Look here

Wonder what the odds were of this getting posted. I'd have been smashing the over.

Price dropped on this local 92...

I am not chasing, but anyone is serious... I will drive the hour to look at it for them. Drop a PM if your are SERIOUS.

Some folks like the older ones...

We had a 1992 once... it was a monster.
I'm thinking it won't be too long until the economy turns to crap and lots of expensive stuff is going to get a whole lot cheaper than what it is now.
Looking at a new or lightly used. My area is limited and new is running 41000 plus which im still in sticker shock. Course aint bought a new vehicle since 2005. Now getting an itch for a new or newer vehicle. Any decent deals out there?

If you can live without the bug scoop on the hood and the TRD sticker on the box, don't overlook the SR5.

They are well appointed with everything I want in a truck including towing pkg without the premium price of the TRD. Currently on #2 SR5.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I'm thinking it won't be too long until the economy turns to crap and lots of expensive stuff is going to get a whole lot cheaper than what it is now.

Ya Think?

Toot Toot disagrees.

Luxuries and Essentials... that is the Delta Jag...

LOL ..... I wouldn't take two RAMs for my Tacoma.

Saying that, I would not pay $92K US for any truck.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
$41k seems cheap. ...

My thought as well. Son paid ~$25K for a 2015 or 2016 Taco in 2020. Moved to Cali. Has had local dealers offer mid-$30K cash for the truck.
I just sold a very nice clean one last week, 2012 access cab V6 4WD with 84000 miles
Posted By: dpd Re: Price check Toyota Tacoma TRD - 10/26/22

Dodge..... UGLIEST truck on the road ..... Hands down !!!!!!
Originally Posted by SuperCub

If you can live without the bug scoop on the hood and the TRD sticker on the box, don't overlook the SR5.

They are well appointed with everything I want in a truck including towing pkg without the premium price of the TRD. Currently on #2 SR5.
Thanks Supercub. Yes i only wanted the suspension and tow but if it is identical....the SR5 is fine with me. And 5000ish less
Originally Posted by SKane
Look here

Price dropped on this local 92...

I am not chasing, but anyone is serious... I will drive the hour to look at it for them. Drop a PM if your are SERIOUS.

Some folks like the older ones...

We had a 1992 once... it was a monster.

Ran when I parked it...................(:

Be fun to take a peek at it........for that price

My wife would pound my balls with that wooden hammer
Here ya go........for the Toyoda haters

'just broke in Lexus LX'

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-lexus-lx470-36/
Originally Posted by dpd

Originally Posted by dpd

Atleast it is not a toy truck for jap sized yuppies. The biggest waste of money on a tacoma is the tow hitch option.
Originally Posted by dpd

Originally Posted by dpd

Atleast it is not a toy truck for jap sized yuppies. The biggest waste of money on a tacoma is the tow hitch option.

Enjoy your (brokedown) jeep.
Atleast it is not a toy truck for jap sized yuppies.

LOL .... I hear that a lot about my Tacos.

They're not big enough for the most manly of men who would not be caught dead in such a girly truck fearing some might bring their manliness into question.

"Guts, Glory, RAM!" smile
40k is the going rate for a Tacoma TRD Off-road in Houston right now.

Look at the bright side...it will be worth about 39k, 50,000 miles from now.

Unless the economy continues to tank.

Then it will be worth $45k.
Good equipment holds it's value better than anything.
Posted By: Teal Re: Price check Toyota Tacoma TRD - 10/27/22
Teal bought a beautiful new Tacoma a week or so ago... he knows the market and might give a good opinion.

I have a $1k deposit in place on a new Tundra... since November of last year. Still no word yet.

Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
If you can find any Taco for at or near MSRP, buy it. MSRP is a "good" deal for the foreseeable future. Next year "might" be a different story.

YMMV

I bought a 22 TRD Off Road. MT, double cab, LED, Bed Lights, Advanced Tech Package, Premium Package (leather, moon roof etc) - $43,647 which was what Toyota says MSRP was on it. So I felt I did okay.

I know I have a 250-300k mile truck that's basically fully optioned except for the "Pro" model for what a low/mid optioned full size goes for. Which are more and more avail here locally.

I didn't do any dealer accessories - never even asked. Found a shift knob from a dealer in MD and a bed mat too - all for cheap. All I've done to it or will do to it. The factory shift knob is a leather wrapped q-tip and I got knob off a FJ Cruiser, TRD that's basically a threaded pool ball with the TRD and shift pattern etched in it. Factory Toyota. Much nicer in the hand and the color is so close to the truck's color - no one can tell. Bed mat was to keep things from sliding around back there. Uber thick and 85 bucks. Threw a cooler in there last week - did 200 miles to the shack and back - never moved.

I didn't go TRD Pro - because the one they had was that sinus infection green color and all it really added above the TRD OR was larger rims and Fox suspension for an extra 10k. I can put one hell of a suspension, custom valved with DSC on it for less than the 10k.
IDGAF about 16 vs 17 inch rims. Tows 6500, a SxS on a trailer is about 1/2 of that so I'm good. Dead deer - well, let's just say there would be a lot of shooting to max out a Taco with critters.

In the last week I've put 900 miles on it. Zero issues. 60 mph is about 22mpg but get above 70 mph and you're in the 18/19 range (depending on wind). I averaged 21 on the last tank. 200 miles of 60 and 100 miles of 75 mph.

Got KBB average trade in on my trade - which was about 100% more than I thought it was worth. Hated that f-n car since the day I bought it and would have given them 7k to take it much less them giving me 7k.

YOu get 21 mpg avg in a Tacoma until you put a bay of hay in the back for your Alpaca and drive uphill.
YOu get 21 mpg avg in a Tacoma until you put a bay of hay in the back for your Alpaca and drive uphill.

Do you drive around with a bale of hay in your truck on a daily basis?

Does all that weight help your mileage?
© 24hourcampfire