Home
Posted By: saddlesore Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
What is your favorite excuse that you have heard as to why diesel fuel is now $2 a gallon more than regular gasoline. Today 85 octane is $3.09 and diesel is $5.09.
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Ukraine war.
Trump's fault.
January 6 caused the inflation.
Russian keeping all the fuel for themselves.
Companies are greedy.

Those are all I can think of that I've heard just off the top of my head.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Diesel has always been a lot higher that I can recall. Heating fuel is going to put the hurt on a lot of folks this winter…FJB
Posted By: Mountain10mm Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Bicyclists have complained to Biden and said they are getting sick of being dusted by diesel exhaust.
Posted By: HeavyAssault Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
I look at people and say..."Those windmill farms don't grow out the ground you know.".
Posted By: Teal Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Linky -weekly diesel moves
Posted By: slumlord Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Jumped $1 on last week

But strangely, only in some stations

$5.79
I haven’t heard any excuses

I don’t piss and moan to the gal or young kid working at the fuel mart like most old kgunty Boomers

I know it’s not their fault, I know it’s bunch of fàg morons and negro mushroom heads working and pulling Biden’s strings
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
$3.09, fuggg that's cheap. Been $3.99 here for a long while.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Paid $6 and some change this morning.
Pretty brutal.
Posted By: Woodsman1991 Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
From what I've heard, a good deal of the oil being released from the SPR is light sweet crude that has very little diesel when refined. Couple that with diesel being in direct competition to heating oil for usage during refinement and Europe needs all of it that they can get. Perfect storm of destruction that we won't really see until after the elections when the Saudi's and the feds both quit pumping oil.
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Diesel has always been a lot higher that I can recall. Heating fuel is going to put the hurt on a lot of folks this winter…FJB

I don't think you're old enough to remember when diesel was 19 cents and regular gasoline was 35 cents a gallon. I was 16-19 years old in those days
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Lots of news of a shortage, don't see it here. $4.79 in Central AR today, filled up the truck.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Originally Posted by saddlesore
What is your favorite excuse that you have heard as to why diesel fuel is now $2 a gallon more than regular gasoline. Today 85 octane is $3.09 and diesel is $5.09.

Diesel is not up...

It is currently $5.09 low... compared to where it is headed.
Posted By: akrange Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Originally Posted by slumlord

I don’t piss and moan to the gal or young kid working at the fuel mart like most old kgunty Boomers

I know it’s not their fault, I know it’s bunch of fàg morons and negro mushroom heads working and pulling Biden’s strings

All Served on a Toasted Bagel …
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
I remember diesel being cheaper than gas.Lot of people bought big diesel pickups in the 80's and 90's.Better power and fuel mileage than gas in those big trucks and cheaper fuel too.Then in the early 2000's,war in Afghanistan and Iraq and diesel became much higher than gas.I have not seen diesel cheaper than gas since.I saw gas here at $2.95 and diesel was $4.55.
Posted By: akrange Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
That’s it Two Wars ..

Shazam..
Posted By: irfubar Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22

The fear you spread about covid certainly helped..... so to a degree it's your fault
Posted By: Jungleland Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22

$5.49 yesterday for off road diesel.
Posted By: 79S Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22

This mornings at the gas station I needed air for my bike tires. Yep no air hose man was I pissed. Also no mtn dew at the soda fountain machine. So I settled for Cherry Pepsi...
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Distillates inventories at historic lows, and we're heading into the high use heating oil months. That's it in a nutshell. It's going to kick the Dem's asss and they know it, as they can do nothing about it.
Posted By: bobinpa Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22

Not sure how old you are but diesel was always cheaper in the 70's and 80's. Dirt cheap. That didn't change until the 90's I think... I'm sure someone will correct that if I am wrong.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Diesel is between $4.99 and $5.20 depending on where you're at around here.
When I worked at Johns Manville on ‘61, we powered boiler 313 on diesel. It was bulk rate 23cents per unit gallon
Posted By: Torqued Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Originally Posted by bobinpa

Not sure how old you are but diesel was always cheaper in the 70's and 80's. Dirt cheap. That didn't change until the 90's I think... I'm sure someone will correct that if I am wrong.

Diesel has always been cheaper.than gas.

Well til O-bummer hit the White House anyhow.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Put $450 buck's worth of diesel in my pickup yesterday.

FJB.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22

Diesel used to be called straight run. A cut off the crude distillation column straight to the tank.
Then ultra low sulfur diesel was required by our government. That meant it left the crude column to a unit that removed the sulfur. More cost in refining. Hasbeen
Posted By: RickBin Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
6.49 half an hour ago at Union 76.
I fixin to fill up 3 tractor cans

And hit up the DG for some clearance candy

My luck, probably nothing but Smarties and sour patch kid gummies 🤮🤮🤮🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

Maybe they ratholed a bug of KitKats for ya!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I still got 1/2 of that 5 lb jumbo bag

Been on diabetic high all day, told Renegade it was blood pressure. It was really about 17 kitkats an hour before he picked me up
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Diesel used to be called straight run. A cut off the crude distillation column straight to the tank.
Then ultra low sulfur diesel was required by our government. That meant it left the crude column to a unit that removed the sulfur. More cost in refining. Hasbeen

The govt fuggs everything up. Low Sulfer, EGR valves, DEF, DPF's....

If they'd take alla that schidt off a diesel pickup it'd get great mileage again, and cost 10 grand less, with more horsepower.

Been on diabetic high all day, told Renegade it was blood pressure. It was really about 17 kitkats an hour before he picked me up

laugh laugh

Tomorrow, Man! Think about tomorrow!
Posted By: EdM Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Biden has a fix in the works...

https://www.ogj.com/general-interes...es-windfall-profits-tax-on-oil-companies
Posted By: irfubar Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Originally Posted by EdM

Oh yeah.... the fix... wink
Posted By: MAC Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Feds tax diesel higher than they tax unleaded. That ensures it will be higher at the pump.

It is worth pointing out that the Fed Govt makes more off a gallon of fuel in taxes that the oil companies do in making it and the fed govt assumes NONE of the risks or associated costs yet they call the oil companies "greedy."
Posted By: 700LTR Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
$4.73 Bessemer Alabama Circle K
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22

I'm gonna hit up the DG tomorrow morning, hopefully all a that Halloween candy left will be 50% off, wish me luck. Fugg a bunch of dielsel.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Diesel is 3.63/gal at the refinery. Gas is 2.60.
Posted By: 79S Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
To use the air machine today was .75cents for 2 minute wtf.. I don't know who this Joe Biden is but he's messing up everything.. Nugget cant afford no .75 cents
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Originally Posted by MAC
Feds tax diesel higher than they tax unleaded. That ensures it will be higher at the pump.

It is worth pointing out that the Fed Govt makes more off a gallon of fuel in taxes that the oil companies do in making it and the fed govt assumes NONE of the risks or associated costs yet they call the oil companies "greedy."

Amen brother.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
I wish it was $5.09 here, but alas....

Shut down pipelines, sit on leases, whatever the AIC can do to cripple the nation's fuel service, he'll do.. Gotta get those semi's on BATTERIES, doncha know... That fuqhed...
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
My only diesel .......

Kioti 35 horse 3 cylinder compact tractor

Full with 10 gallons in jugs extra.......was $5/gallon......no red diesel locally

Hope to push snow this winter......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Oh yea.......forgot to add

>>>>>>>>>>FJB<<<<<<<<<<
Posted By: elkcountry Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Anywhere between $4.84-$5.29 today! I love my f250 with the 6.7L PS, but if the wife would let me, I’d trade it for a gasser tomorrow! My camper is only 7,500lbs and a the new 6.8L gasser from ford would be all the truck I need!

Gas is $3.29-$3.69 around here.

Elk Country
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
I’m just glad there’s no more mean tweets. So worth it.
Posted By: yar Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Diesel went higher in 2004 on a statistical bases . ULSD ( ultra low sulfur diesel) became mandated in 2006. The change over beginning in 2004 caused a dramatic increase over Gasoline. Its the basis of the net cause we are currently seeing.
Posted By: Waders Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
$5.49/gal here in SWW Washington.

I've got a daughter who rides for the local high school's equestrian team. We have to haul her and her horse to practice twice per week. It works out to about $54/wk in diesel from now through the end of May--about $1,728 in fuel for the season. Not exactly front-pocket money. But, on the upside, all the kids wore costumes to last night's practice, since it was Halloween and all. Her horse was Mario, and she was Luigi.

Posted By: yar Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
100%
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Originally Posted by Waders

I've got a daughter who rides for the local high school's equestrian team. We have to haul her and her horse to practice twice per week. It works out to about $54/wk in diesel from now through the end of May--about $1,728 in fuel for the season. Not exactly front-pocket money. But, on the upside, all the kids wore costumes to last night's practice, since it was Halloween and all. Her horse was Mario, and she was Luigi.

That is a good picture.
Posted By: Fanofthefortyone Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
$4.90 here for now, when we run out in a couple weeks it will not matter.
Ronnie
Posted By: ldholton Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
I didn't read every reply but surely it's been said already about supposedly having less than like 30 days diesel fuel on hand in the United States currently?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/01/22
Originally Posted by 79S
To use the air machine today was .75cents for 2 minute wtf.. I don't know who this Joe Biden is but he's messing up everything.. Nugget cant afford no .75 cents

You should have the tires on your electric bike foam filled man..
Posted By: greydog Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
The thing is, gasoline is, in many cases, almost a discretionary expense; diesel is not. Freight moves on diesel, farms run on diesel, ships run on diesel. The oil companies are holding the country hostage because they can. As for excuses, they have been practicing excuses for 60 years and we are so accustomed to getting screwed we don't even feel it anymore.
My cost for hauling gravel increased by 80% over last year, just because of what I pay for fuel. In addition, the cost of the gravel itself increased due to his fuel costs going up. These costs are not discretionary. GD
Posted By: Theoldpinecricker Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
$5.59 gallon here. We ain't seen nothing yet. Europe has little energy resources and had even worse energy policies. I'd surmise that much of this diesel and energy product is being transported across the pond as shortages and prices and energy policies have made demand and more profits. That's just the way it is.

Here's the bottom line. Those euro nations have been sucking off the teat of the US taxpayer for nigh on 80 years. We supply Europe with troops, military support and lord knows what else. They have wonderful social programs, medial care, national holidays, vacations, and have enjoyed an higher standard of living than what we have in the USA because we've been footing the bill for so long. Yes you can provide all those things and safety social nets and goodies when you don't pony up and pay your own way. Trump was 100% correct about Europe's energy dependence on Russia and their non commitment to paying their way in NATO. Now we will pay more for their green policies and we're going down the same road
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
I can pretty much park my diesel PU, my wife has a gas jeep Cherokee and have a sxs with a heater and cab and I work from home. I have 18 ram with 20k on the clock, so I don't drive that much anyway.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
Sometimes a basic graph helps folks understand shortages best...

Here is a basic graph...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: 57springer Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22

You are Correct !
Posted By: CraigD Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
Diesel in SE Idaho is currently $5.20. Non-ethanol regular (85 octane) was $4.30 this morning.

I started filling everything before i get to 3/4 full...
Posted By: Gristle Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
When we left to come to Colorado for 1st rifle it was anywhere between $4.99 locally and $6.19 in Steamboat Springs. Mostly along the way it was $5.29-5.59

Each stop we put in between $210-$265 a tank.
50 gallon tank
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Sometimes a basic graph helps folks understand shortages best...

Here is a basic graph...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Like Motley Fool Senior Analyst Bill Mann says, "You can print money but you can't print oil."
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
Originally Posted by Waders

Very nice. Totally worth it.
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Diesel is 3.63/gal at the refinery. Gas is 2.60.
Thank you for the real reason. I suspected they were charging truckers more in order to charge voters less; let them pay the bump on retail purchases instead. In 8,000 miles around the country recently, diesel prices hovered around $5.00 everywhere, with gas between 3 and 4.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
Originally Posted by greydog
The thing is, gasoline is, in many cases, almost a discretionary expense; diesel is not. Freight moves on diesel, farms run on diesel, ships run on diesel. The oil companies are holding the country hostage because they can. As for excuses, they have been practicing excuses for 60 years and we are so accustomed to getting screwed we don't even feel it anymore.
My cost for hauling gravel increased by 80% over last year, just because of what I pay for fuel. In addition, the cost of the gravel itself increased due to his fuel costs going up. These costs are not discretionary. GD

Explain to us how it's the oil company's fault.
Posted By: Diesel Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
On road diesel is 5.89 here in Allegheny Mountains.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Diesel Fuel cost - 11/02/22
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Distillates inventories at historic lows, and we're heading into the high use heating oil months. That's it in a nutshell. It's going to kick the Dem's asss and they know it, as they can do nothing about it.

They'll steal another in broad daylight, or at least enough of them.
© 24hourcampfire