Home
Went a few times several years ago for arm numbness carpal tunnel issues.Put you in the closet on the rolling table crack your neck and ask if your having headaches🤷‍♂️I came in here for my arm not my head wtf is up with these quacks?
I know quite a few who have been fleeced, but never heard anyone being healed.
Tried it, didn’t notice anything different before or after. He kept wanting me to give him names for referrals. Used car salesman stuff. I quit going.
“Do you have headaches” self inflicted yes wtf is going on with my hand and arm🤷‍♂️
They are in the business to keep you hurting so you keep coming back. I went in when I had a pinched sciatic nerve tried to get fixed and got nothing but misery and got lucky and whatever was pinching it snapped into place on its own.
Went a 3-4 times, no results. They tried to schedule another visit. I politely told them, “I’m done.”
Couple weeks late, I get a voice mail wondering why I just missed my appointment, and please call and re schedule. I never returned the call.
Yes. Multiple times from multiple different skeletal issues that showed up after my abusing my body by beating other people's fists and feet up, after a couple of really bad car wrecks, and after falling down on glare ice.

I will go to one if I'm having problems, get things straightened out (pun intended), and don't fall for the "you need to keep coming in for regular adjustments" stuff.

Ed
Define healed.

I have a couple issues that crop up from time to time. Often I can get worked "back into place" myself. Once a year or so, I need a chiropractor. Yesterday happened to be one of those times. Got my hips back that have been painful for a few months. Got my neck cracked, and close. Better but not quite completely back. Probably be back late this week or early next if I don't get it in in the meantime.

Son occasionally has to go in when he gets out also. A couple times a season, he will get hips out and needs help.

Would I go to just any chiro...? No.

I tend to find one that's been around a while.The new tapping and clickers and crap never did me any good. Give me a back-cracker.
Save your money and buy an inversion table. I hang upside down several 3x a week. Relieves most of my back pain.
Nope
I haven’t heard of a one being healed, several that have wasted money
Went to one with a shoulder issue. I actually screamed aloud when I tried to get out of the car. Chiropractor only took cash- like $40.
Went home and next morning - abso- firggin lootely fine. Best 40 buck I ever spent.

That makes up for the several hundred that did nothing I could not have done myself but the one time makes me cut them some slack.
Inversion table is good advice. Have one. Easy to find second hand
I've never gone to a chiropractor until about a month ago.. And he did help my back - a LOT... He doesn't have a person come back time after time - just visit only if it's needed.. And he's a yuge conservative... Another plus.. smile
Yes. She was able to correctly diagnose my back issue. It was beyond what she could do and rather than take my money, she referred me to the right place for correct treatment. Big Christian and conservative too.
Mine helped my back.
“Don’t do stupid things and I won’t see you again”
Good guy.
Not “healed” but snapped back into place a few times. I don’t go unless I’m in pain for a few weeks with no relief.
Depends on the person, Chiro, problem.

Most around here are by appointment only.
Go to them peckered up, they want you back 3 times a week
for a month. Plus. Then want monthly appts. Call you if you quit.

Take your insurance, take a co-pay, Bill you for more
when the insurance doesn't pay enough.

A buddy went to one, it was around $60 out of his pocket/visit.

Many of those are also the "Oh no! We don't crack or hurt you!" type.

My guy is walk in. His wife is his Receptionist/Secretary.
Wait your turn, he will twist, turn, push until you crack. Usually after
electric stimulation.

$30 per visit. Cash. Done and over.

Cured?

What does that mean?

About 1 year ago I couldn't get out of bed. Could get sitting, couldn't stand.
Immediate spasms, locked up and fall back. Wife helped me up, helped me get dressed. I called off work and and she took me to "Doc".
I walked out of there, no problem. Spent awhile Iceing it, things do get sore like a pulled muscle.

Cured?

Was fine until last month. Screwed it up, had to go back.

Maybe I'm a pussy.

Read my knee thread.
The frayed Achilles I worked through. Never treated until other issues
got me to the Doctor.

Your back or ribs get screwed up, it will stop you.
The Chiro gets me moving.
It helps to relieve certain things but I'm not sure about healing. Don't get sucked into going more than necessary.
Had a couple work on me for several years along with a Massage Therapist.
for my back
Never paid them a penny
Because the Therapist basically became an extended Family Sister.
When they could not help me anymore.
She sent me to an Acupuncturist and he woke my brain up to all the damage that I had done to my back.

I could not walk for a couple mouths still going to work and crawling on my hands and knee's when the pain got so bad.

It took him several months to get the pain under control

I went to him for about 3 years until I pissed his receptionists off because of my work schedule and not being able to make appointments.
I would just walk in and he would fit me in sometimes 3 times a week.
And the fact that I ran out of money.

I stopped going but the Acupuncture was actually working and rebuilding the discs cushioning in my back.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Save your money and buy an inversion table. I hang upside down several 3x a week. Relieves most of my back pain.

You ever tried drinking a beer on one??
Didn't help me. Inversion table didn't either, couldn't stand hanging upside down. Had several surgery's, since then walking has helped the most.
My wife went to one 35 yrs. ago...he fixed her up quickly. I think she saw him 3-4 times. Has not needed to go back.
Example of one, but absolutely. Used to get a kink in my neck and upper back that would make it almost impossible to turn my head, very inconvenient and painful. Doctors gave me pills, and eventually it would go away, and return periodically. Dr. Custer worked his magic on me and I felt better after the first visit. One or two more and it was gone for years. Get occasional, mild incidents now, but nothing like before, and it’s probably been twenty years since he treated me. Can’t speak to other practitioners, but that guy knew his stuff.

They don’t repair damage, and a good one will send you to a physician for things out of their bailiwick, but if your trouble is caused by something out of place in your spinal column, they can put it back in place.
Yes I have.
The chiropractor I see healed my plantar fasciitis after wasting months getting shots in my foot and the podiatrist telling me I need surgery. Extremely pleased with that.

For the most part my chiropractor works on muscles and stretches me. I also follow his instructions for stretching at home.

I have had lower back/hip issues, while not 100% cured I am much better and see him maybe once every month or two. Far better than my former orthopedic doctor injecting medicine in my hip every six months.

Losing weight, eating better, stretching, and with help from chiropractor at almost 60 I feel better than I have in 10 years.
There are good chiropractors, and there are bad chiropractors.

I have been seeing a chiropractor, off and on for 15 years and he is a miracle worker! He has worked on my ankle and my back with outstanding results. No surgery and no drugs.

Y'all who hate chiropractors are ignorant. Ignorant of the fact that there are good MDs, and there are bad MDs.
The primary role of an MD is to put your money in to their checking account.
Yes and he put my spine and hip back into place. I only went when I thought it was needed. He even opened on a Saturday afternoon to make a correction.
Yes,
Twice.
I could hardly walk The 1st time I went . The next day after I was really sore, the next day I felt better, the 3rd day He mostly had me back in order and I felt so much better for several months. If your joints are out of wack, they can be very helpfull.
Imagine what a faith healing preacher chiropractor could do.
There are good ones and bad ones. And it depends on your particular problem. I have been to them many times over the years. Best case was when I practically crawled in to the office and walked out normally.
I don’t doubt that they could help someone that put their back out of alignment but the chiropractor’s that I’m talked with were firmly in the quack zone. They both claimed to be able to fix all sorts of medical issues that had nothing to do with the spine.
Went for a while years ago for a back injury, tried a few, some were useless but the good ones did make a difference.
I did get relief from chronic migraines from a car accident when I was 18. Other than that, not much.

Did have a chiro who does “Muscle Activation Therapy”. Now that worked.

Put my back out on my motorcycle and tried regular chiro and massage for 6 weeks. So sore I couldn’t walk around the block. Went to see her and after one treatment I went to a bike rally the next day and walked around for 3 hours, pain-free.
I've seen chiropractors help people many times. Some more than others, just depends on the nature of the problem.
Very little treatment by chiros during my life, but the few visits were rewarding in that the doc got me straightened out quickly or flat told me that the problem needed to be dealt with by an MD. Never tried to put me on the "come back" schedule.

Otherwise, I know many, many chiropractors, some of them top folks in the profession. I can assure you that you need to choose the right ones - who were trained at schools that apply modern knowledge - and avoid most of those of who preach a "philosophy" and claim to cure all. Some of those I know well seem to have a much more comprehensive, effective and useful knowledge of the human body and its functions/problems than do most MDs.
Right arm was numb, including two little fingers.

Chiro Dr. spent five minutes looking at me and said: "You have a herniated disc at C5-C6."

WTF????!!!! He scared the HELL out of me. Four months later, many $1000 at Idaho Spine Institute. X-rays and MRI. I have a herniated disc at C5- C6.

It took serious PT for four months to get the muscles relaxed and the inflammation reduced enough to live with the damaged disc. So far, I have put off surgery for four years.

Twice since that time, when the neck starts getting tensed up, and before the arm goes numb, the Chiropractor can nip it in the bud and get it relaxed. He also climbed upon my back and crushed a place between my shoulder blades which had been periodically pitching serious fits ever since I went over the handle bars of a 76 Honda XL 350 on a motocross course thirty five years earlier.

So yes, he healed the place between my shoulder blades, and he successfully treats my neck. The neck will not be healed until the vertebrae are surgically fused. I would like to put that off a while longer.
Im walking today because of em! Had one that lined up my ankles knees and hips an that got me straight for a long time till stupid over ruled an got outta whack. Popped an SI joint outta plumb an had to go to one gor 4-5 weeks to get it to stay.. used to have cluster headaches for 2 full years without relief , morning noon an night an my chiro worked my neck back into place,, no headaches going on 4yrs now
I was very skeptical at first.
Sprained my lower back I was in a pretty bad way.
Went to a chiropractor who is highly recommended.
Took a couple visits but the guy got me fixed up PDQ.
He got me to stretch out type of exercise type of thing
If I kept up with it . I had no issues..
I kept going back anyway of adjustments.
Some of the best money I've spent.
dave
Yes. Rotator Cuff. Cured me. It's been 7 years and no reoccurring problem.
If that's the problem, sometimes they can fix it. Never EVER let one crack your neck. One gave our daughter a stroke.
I used to think they were BS, until I injured my back lifting something heavy at 35 years old. I went in there bent over like a dog fugging a football and came out of there standing up straight and no agony.

I then injured my back again, he fixed me and then told me what my problem was. I have learned to lift keeping my elbows close to my body, easing the strain and leverage on my lower back. I have had to go to a different Chiro when I was working away from home, their technique was different, therefore not as effective imo.

My Son has a herniated disk that he has helped him with too.

I then had tendonitis in my arm that was so painful I couldn't lift a cup.....he fixed that too and told me how to fix it on my own next time. There was no next time for me as it never returned and that was 15 years ago.

It is more years of education to be a Chiro than a General Physician I believe.
My wife and I use chiropractic treatments as needed to good effect. She will only see one who uses the Impulse Gun. I like that as well as some bone cracking.
I’ve been going to mine for 15 years about 2 times a year. I had severe lower back pain. My Drs answer was muscle relaxers and pain meds. My chiropractor xrayed me and figured out my one leg was quite a bit longer from a break years ago. A simple heal lift and an adjustment and I’m golden. I definitely believe you need to find the right chiropractor!
I don’t know about healed, but I saw a good one a few times in H.S for a neck injury I got while playing football.

He had me pain free within a couple of visits. Something about a nerve was pinched. Our MD said take Tylenol.

🦫
One of my best friends is a chiropractor. He has adjusted me enough that I say "limp in leap out".
I've called him before with my back hurting so bad it hurt to breath. "meet me at the office" 10 mins after being there I'm as good as I can be.

I do believe as with everything there are good and bad.
Healed? Not in the traditional sense, but I've gotten relief from severe pains more than once. The worst was back in late winter where I was having so much lower back pain that I was concerned that my career as a tradesman was about to end.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Use a straw.
Duh.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Right arm was numb, including two little fingers.

Chiro Dr. spent five minutes looking at me and said: "You have a herniated disc at C5-C6."

WTF????!!!! He scared the HELL out of me. Four months later, many $1000 at Idaho Spine Institute. X-rays and MRI. I have a herniated disc at C5- C6.

It took serious PT for four months to get the muscles relaxed and the inflammation reduced enough to live with the damaged disc. So far, I have put off surgery for four years.

Twice since that time, when the neck starts getting tensed up, and before the arm goes numb, the Chiropractor can nip it in the bud and get it relaxed. He also climbed upon my back and crushed a place between my shoulder blades which had been periodically pitching serious fits ever since I went over the handle bars of a 76 Honda XL 350 on a motocross course thirty five years earlier.

So yes, he healed the place between my shoulder blades, and he successfully treats my neck. The neck will not be healed until the vertebrae are surgically fused. I would like to put that off a while longer.

Mine is second generation, he and his dad were hillbillies and talked like it.

The Old Man used to look at you before he lowered the table. Just visual.
Then say, "Ya really got 'er fůcked up don't ya?
Bet it hurts like a son of a bïtch right in there?" As he touched where it hurt.
If it were not for Chiropractors, at 62 and after playing football as a middle linebacker for 15 years, I would be a complete mess most likely walking around in a bent-over position and in agony.

When I started seeing chiropractors back in the early 80's most people considered them "Voodo Witch Doctors" rather than the highly trained and educated Doctors that they actually are.

I can not recommend them higher, if you have back issues find yourself a great one, and you will be happy you did!

"The Old Man used to look at you before he lowered the table. Just visual.
Then say, "Ya really got 'er fůcked up don't ya?
Bet it hurts like a son of a bïtch right in there?" As he touched where it hurt."

Exactly Dillonbuck said above lol

Cheers~
I was assaulted by one after a severe rib injury. He thought I needed an adjustment? Had I been able to breathe following my blood curdling groan, I suddenly felt the urge to punch him.
I went to one this evening. My lower back likes to lock up and spasm about 1x per year. It is quite uncomfortable. Usually 2 or 3 visits for an adjustment and the use of a TENS unit that stimulates the muscles in the area with electric pulses get me out of it in a few days.

When I was training for a marathon about 15 years ago my right leg would start to go numb once I ran more than 10-12 miles. I went to a chiropractor that worked some magic to relieve pressure on a nerve. After the initial treatment a 17 mile training run was doable w/ no issues. I went again the afternoon before the race and managed to finish with full feeling in that leg so I guess it was a success.
Had the one we use help with neck issues.

Bone spurs broke loose from a car wreck and i could not turn my neck very much.

It took about 4 visits to get things to line up and back to where they were off the nerves.

After the first few we both went once a month and she helped my wife's problem with her hip.

Cure can't say but have had lasting relief on the neck.

She is a nice gal too.
Ring Dinger
Cash only

Originally Posted by CCCC
Very little treatment by chiros during my life, but the few visits were rewarding in that the doc got me straightened out quickly or flat told me that the problem needed to be dealt with by an MD. Never tried to put me on the "come back" schedule.

Otherwise, I know many, many chiropractors, some of them top folks in the profession. I can assure you that you need to choose the right ones - who were trained at schools that apply modern knowledge - and avoid most of those of who preach a "philosophy" and claim to cure all. Some of those I know well seem to have a much more comprehensive, effective and useful knowledge of the human body and its functions/problems than do most MDs.

CCCC, sounds like have the same kind of Chiropractor. For my last issue, before seeing an x-ray or Cat Scan sent me to the MD, and basically described the course of care I should expect and the pitfall to expect along the way. He wasn't far off.
I’ve taught my 7 year old daughter how to crack my back by jumping on it. I pay $5 per crack.
I had a good one for years. He kept me going for seven years before he couldn’t help anymore. He told me he’d done all he could and it was now time for surgery. I’ve been fine for almost 20 years after my second surgery. He also fixed my neck. Eventually I didn’t need him to crack my neck I could do it myself. I got out of the sort isle at UPS and my neck issue went away.
Yep! memtb
No, you can't move bones.
I walked around with backaches and a searing pain down my left leg for twenty years. Drew a sheep tag, and started on some pretty serious aerobic training for it, and made things a LOT worse. A Doc-in-a-box referred me to a chiro. The chiro told me to turn my right toes out, and then my left. Then he said “oh, I can fix that”, quite matter of factly. Popped muSI joints back into place, showed me how to pop them back in myself as needed, and that was that. 20 years of pain solved quite literally in a five minute evaluation.

Ten years later, sometimes, something, somewhere, still pops out of place, and I can’t mobilize it myself, so I’ll go in, and it’ll be done in 20 minutes.

So, I’m a solid “yes”.
Originally Posted by Dutch
I walked around with backaches and a searing pain down my left leg for twenty years. Drew a sheep tag, and started on some pretty serious aerobic training for it, and made things a LOT worse. A Doc-in-a-box referred me to a chiro. The chiro told me to turn my right toes out, and then my left. Then he said “oh, I can fix that”, quite matter of factly. Popped muSI joints back into place, showed me how to pop them back in myself as needed, and that was that. 20 years of pain solved quite literally in a five minute evaluation.

Ten years later, sometimes, something, somewhere, still pops out of place, and I can’t mobilize it myself, so I’ll go in, and it’ll be done in 20 minutes.

So, I’m a solid “yes”.

Just phenomenal hey Dutch?

I am so frigging happy I discovered them early in life!
Saw a female one years ago,she did the same thing every time,heat and stim and lower back adjustment,didn't do much for me.But i did notice a little difference.Saw another one years later for my neck,and he helped alot,as others have said,i think it depends on which one you go to.
Not a “believer” in the quackery

If you have a real injury, they will fuqk you up even worse. Sister is a physical therapist and has many patients who have been made worse by the quacks
^^ Put me in with the above. I went - once - in my early thirties, I guess, for a neck problem and it was made much worse by the visit. Was later diagnosed via MRI as herniated disc at C6/7.
Originally Posted by Esox357
No, you can't move bones.
You can actually.
“The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.”

Some prefer AMA big medicine and big pharmacy guess.
Originally Posted by slumlord

This is not the same as a sex swing.
I used to pheasant hunt with mine

Till the Kools took him
Yes. Definitely.
My first experience was on a VA referral. Had, I think 12 visits authorized and after the 4th successful adjustment he said that's enough, you've gotten as much as you need. He was right. That was nearly 20 years ago and I still see him on occasion. Neat, conservative, and witty guy who's beliefs pretty much match mine.
I see a chiropractor once a week and have for 2 years now. I had a L4-S1 fusion in 2017 and it made my back worst. When I got in the VA system they sent me to one that I did not like. After a few months I asked to change and the guy I see now is awesome. If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be able to walk probably. While I’m not healed, my back and hips are a lot better. I did go recently without seeing him for over a month and I regressed a lot. While I do need to lose weight and I exercise, the stretching and stuff he does helps a lot.
A good chiropractor can absolutely correct certain ailments rooted in spinal misalignment or at least relieve symptoms. If you have constant or recurring pain, check if it could be related to your spine being out of alignment (look at a nerve chart and trace it back to your spinal cord). Note that Pareto rule applies to the practitioners... I was a firm disbeliever in the science until I found a good one. Also note that it may take visits every couple of days to manually maintain your corrected state until your body can maintain itself.

If you are obese... lose weight as well.
One fixed me up years ago, Had a bulged disk in my neck. It hurt so bad that I could not shoot anymore. He fixed it and now life is way better.
For the record, I did not believe in them either and had done all kinds of PT before going to see him. The PT did not help much at all. I was at the point I had to do something as I hurt all the time, he fixed me.
Think of "Docs" as mechanics.
A front end specialist can't fix a vibration.
Another guy does brakes rotors, bearings.

Still vibrates.

Get the tires rotated, and the vibration goes away.

The tire guy can't fix the mechanical issues.

The front end guy can't (theoretically) replace bearings or tires.
About 6 years ago I got hit by a car; for 7 months I couldn't turn my head left. I missed the entire hunting season because I couldn't walk very far nor raise my rifle, and if I got a deer there's no way I could have loaded it.

Doctors wanted to cut my throat, remove the disk, and put a plate in my neck - I said NO WAY!!

I sent the file to the VA and they said NO, Not unless or until it affects your daily life or the pain is too great.

Friend is a chiro, I've known him for many years before I used his services but he couldn't touch me because of the legal issues.

Finally I got released from the Ortho people when they finally figured out I would not let them cut me.

Went to the Chiro and WOW, for the first time in 7 months I could move my head left!!!! I went twice a month for awhile, then once a month, now it's pretty much when I need it (my body tells me it's time). They are wonderful! It's not witchcraft!!!

I HIGHLY recommend a good Chiro.
Chiropractors are quacks. Unless they help. Then they're miracle healers.

Problem is, they think their methodology is so all-encompassing that they can cure acne, buck teeth and redheads. That's why I called them quacks. But they can & do provide alot of relief (sometimes temporary, sometimes long term) depending on your issue.

What I found interesting before I visited my first chiro was at a trade show where they had a booth and I just happened to be in a bad place (they could tell from my gait). Guy asked me to step on scales and WOW did that tell the story. I weighed 184#, but there was something like 10# weight difference between left & right foot (87# left, 97# right); my back was contorting itself to resolve the herniated disc.

I had longtime L4-L5 issue. When my weight pops above 195#, or I do something excessively strenuous and pop that joint, here comes the crippling pain. Sometime 1-2 sessions get that bugger straightened out, other times 2-3 weeks. But, for me, the three chiro's I've used over the decades were successful at resolving the issue.

Did they "heal me"? No, but they triaged the problem, and that's close enough.

Put me in the "yes" column.
Bad collision with a tractor trailer. Physical Therapist - worthless! Muscle relaxant drugs - helped. Massage Therapist - really helped (in conjunction with MD drugs.) Chiropractor - absolutely the very most helpful! Helped on many occasions after that with back and neck pain.
Originally Posted by pullit
One fixed me up years ago, Had a bulged disk in my neck. It hurt so bad that I could not shoot anymore. He fixed it and now life is way better.
For the record, I did not believe in them either and had done all kinds of PT before going to see him. The PT did not help much at all. I was at the point I had to do something as I hurt all the time, he fixed me.

YUP, Even had people recommend accupuncture, never tried that though.
They look at how the muscles are contracting and pulling the spine and neck and straighten it out,

BTW, Mu Chiro told me a story, his BIL had a funny gait and pain, did not ask the Chiro for advice.
Friend says I can fix that, on the tailgate of a truck!!! His BIL is now a believer!!!!

Mine is a pretyt big guy, not fat, about 6'4" and in great shape, DO NOT try to resist, relax and let them work their majic!
The only spinal issues I've had, were from years of working with big bore pipe. Refinery shutdowns, utility mains, etc.

The first problem was with sciatic nerve damage. An inversion table took care of this, after about 5 years of using it, as needed, the issue went away.

The next issue was with ribs, along my spinal column. In particular, under my right shoulder blade. Work, along with my love of shooting large caliber rifles, kept it aggravated. Chiropractors always did a great job of putting things back, in the right place. Only to have the same issue flare up, a week or 2 later.

Then, I found the chirp wheel system. I've been using this daily, for just over a month, and my back feels brand new. Flexibility is the best it's been in many years.

Again, the issues I've had were not from anything that created massive damage (car wreck, bull riding, etc). Just from hard work and getting older. If, you have to go to a chiropractor on an "as needed" basis, and it's for discomfort more so than therapy, you may find this really useful!

https://gochirp.com/products/chirp-...=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=

Andy3
[quote=Pappy348]Example of one, but absolutely. Used to get a kink in my neck and upper back that would make it almost impossible to turn my head, very inconvenient and painful. Doctors gave me pills, and eventually it would go away, and return periodically. Dr. Custer worked his magic on me and I felt better after the first visit. One or two more and it was gone for years. Get occasional, mild incidents now, but nothing like before, and it’s probably been twenty years since he treated me. Can’t speak to other practitioners, but that guy knew his stuff.

They don’t repair damage, and a good one will send you to a physician for things out of their bailiwick, but if your trouble is caused by something out of place in your spinal column, they can put it back in place.[/Oscar.

This.

I had a very similar experience. Dr couldn't get me straightened out, just gave me muscle relaxers. I thought I'd try a chiro that was recommended to me. 2 visits and I was fixed up for a long time. I've had issues with my neck since but nothing compared to that first time.
Yes. Bad car wreck many years ago. Chiropractor helped me tremendously. Jeanne Bangston in St Pete, FL. Grateful for her help.
When I still worked underground I hurt my back several times bruting around on things I shouldn’t have. A chiropractor that was close by helped me a great deal. I’d have bought that roller table at the time. I doubt they can help many injuries like a pinched nerve or ruptured disk. My case just muscles hurting thankfully.
Numbness in the arm is usually caused by cervical spine issues. You may want to get an MRI done. If it's just a herniated disk, you can probably avoid surgery. If it's something else then...
I go to a chiropractor some. I would recommend it if you have back or neck pain. It works better than muscle relaxers a Doc gives you.
Last time I was home I had a shoulder blade hurting and pulling. Neck hurting on that side. 15 minutes with a chiropractor and I am fine now.
I used to think it was Witch Doctor stuff until I went to one
Yes

How many chiropractors does it take to change a light bulb?

Just1, but it takes 6 visits...
I think they can be helpful for specific issues and it's important not to overuse them. The ones that claim to able to fix everything from VD to bad breath by cracking your back are quacks.
Yes I was healed by a chiropractor.
When I was in my mid 20's I was involved in a bad motorcycle accident. My shoulder and back were very messed up.
The VA wanted to operate. Everyone I talked to told me not to let them cut me before exhausting all of my options. A good friend gave me the number for his chiropractor. I went twice a week for about 8 months then once a week for six months then once a month for another year.
I'm 66 now and my back is still strong and pain free. My shoulder gives me trouble sometimes.
Everybody that I know that went under the knife is still F'ed up and on pain meds.
"Healed" is the wrong word. "Adjusted" is better. I go when I've put something out of place - and they make it better.

It depends on the Chiro too, and their methodology. Some are of the "snap,crackle,pop" type ( and there are levels here too) - others are more gentle, with given exercises, blocking, etc.. Most have electrical muscle simulation available, which I like at times (in addition to the physical adjustment). Massage before or after the chiro work also helps.

Shop around for what works best for you. If your mis-placements have been out for a good long time, it will take repeats- and you may still have the thing popping back out to it's learned mis-position. My wife has that problem- sometimes before she even gets home.

I was recently "Rolphed" which is much more gentle than the Kelloggs treatment - and it did help a lot (threw my back out, in the Bush, lifting and twisting a heavy sill beam into place while laying on my back under a house). It relieved the pain considerably, got some of the misalignment back in, but not enough. A visit to a Kellogg 10 days later when I got back to town finished it up brown.

Sciatic nerve? I have one of those acting up on the left (clutch) leg. Not much can be done with them except time (a year or more perhaps) after the pinch is relieved. It just "loves" a long haul with my 6 speed standard in the Ram... And that was pinched or pulled 3 years ago, mis-stepping off a curb. It's mostly ok, now, except for much driving, and some other intensive uses ,like all day on a ladder, up and down, balancing.

Some things, tho, just require surgery, like my knee and rotator cuff injuries. Damn- that rotator cuff PT hurt!
They helped me several times in a more permanent way, and other times in a temporary way, where I was asked to do repeat visits, which I did twice and stopped.

Once I inadvertently used my head as a battering ram and rammed it into my car door frame, compressed C1 and C2 towards my skull giving me instant continuous bad headaches. After two treatments my headaches were gone for good. They also worked on my back several times after I lifted too much and too heavy stuff.

The chiro I go to, rarely, also gives you exercises to strengthen your muscles dealing with the problem.

I still absolutely hate spending my little free time going to MD’s (which I dont trust these days), or chiropractors.
Johns Manville was rough on a man.
© 24hourcampfire