Home
Ought to be a great game ! Hope the Volunteers can knock off the Bulldogs.

Kickoff Saturday at 2:30 on CBS.

Predictions ??? I’m going with Tennessee by 3 points. 😬
Gonna be raining is my prediction.
πŸ‘πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Bulldogs are favored by 8.5, probably because of home field advantage.

Gonna' be a good one for sure!
Georgia by 13
Should be an epic battle. I’ll be pulling for the Volunteers.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Gonna be raining is my prediction.
πŸ‘πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

LOL. Maybe that’s give Tennessee an advantage! πŸ€ͺ
99% of these highly anticipated match-ups usually turn out to be no contest with the team that everyone knows should win coming out on top. (Hope I'm wrong.)
Originally Posted by 5sdad
99% of these highly anticipated match-ups usually turn out to be no contest with the team that everyone knows should win coming out on top. (Hope I'm wrong.)

Yep. Hope your wrong too. 😬
Break a leg, Vols, the GA QBs leg. OK, just a little.
Tennessee should not be #1
Hope it’s a good one. Lookin’ forward to it.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

LOL. I’d rather see a Tennessee player crash into Georgia’s Coach, Kirby Smart on the sideline. And break both his legs. πŸ˜‚

Doc, TCU vs TX Tech should be a good one too. Hope the Horned Frogs can stay undefeated.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Doc, TCU vs TX Tech should be a good one too. Hope the Horned Frogs can stay undefeated.
TCU will wipe the field with them.
Should be a host of really good and important games tomorrow. It'll be a fun day to watch tv.
Originally Posted by DMc

TCU will wipe the field with them.

You would think. But…. They beat the T-Sips and came damn close to beating a very good Oklahoma State team too. πŸ€ͺ
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

Really??? Who should be then ???
They’ve beaten six ranked teams including Alabama, Florida, Pitt, and LSU. They’re pretty fugking good.
Go VOLS! Rocky Top for the win!!!
Will the cheerleaders for both teams fight over grazing rights in the end zone?
Definitely Georgia. No shade on my campfire friends in TN though. My youngest, a senior at UGA, will be at that game....like most of the others LOL!
Glory Glory to Ol’ Georgia!
2:30 Central time
Giong to be a tough one to watch for me. My 2 favorite teams. I was born and live in GA, but all of my family roots are in TN. I have family spread out everywhere between Chattanooga to Bristol with many living in Knoxville. Several cousins graduated from UT. Tennessee has sucked for years, but I've still pulled for them. I gonna catch hell for it around town but will be wearing the orange cap today.
BS!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€Ÿ
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
They’ve beat Alabama, Florida, Pitt, and LSU. They’re pretty fugking good.

Fixed it for you

Great teams have great QB's , GA beat Alabama last year because they had half their offense sitting on the sidelines injured.

LOL. I’d rather see a Tennessee player crash into Georgia’s Coach, Kirby Smart on the sideline. And break both his legs. πŸ˜‚
Hopefully my daughter won't be collateral damage. I don't understand all the hype and hoopla over a game.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Great teams have great QB's , GA beat Alabama last year because they had half their offense sitting on the sidelines injured.

Georgia definitely does not have a great quarterback.
They’ve beaten six ranked teams including Alabama, Florida, Pitt, and LSU. They’re pretty fugking good.

Alabama had 17 penalties in that game for 139 yards, Tennessee 6 penalties for 39 yards

https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup/_/gameId/401403921
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Will the cheerleaders for both teams fight over grazing rights in the end zone?

You're such a phuggin' stooge.
Originally Posted by jwp475

Alabama had 17 penalties in that game for 139 yards, Tennessee 6 penalties for 39 yards

#CoachingMatters
I'm going with Tennessee because I like their uniforms and Georgia won the title last year!
We will find out today just how good Tennessee is

This is what happens every time in Knoxville. That game was officiated one sided. I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I'd like to see Georgia lay and old fashioned azz whupping on the Vols.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

This is what happens every time in Knoxville. That game was officiated one sided. I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I'd like to see Georgia lay and old fashioned azz whupping on the Vols.

Holy schit!

Even LilJames likes black people on Saturday!

LOL
Alabama had 17 penalties that day for two reasons, undisciplined for one, but the biggest reason is Tn's receivers were way better than Al's corners and safety's. Choice was simple, give up 15 yards for PI or defensive holding or give up more TD's than they already did. Had nothing to do with unfair officiating.
GA is favored by 9.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Alabama had 17 penalties that day for two reasons, undisciplined for one, but the biggest reason is Tn's receivers were way better than Al's corners and safety's. Choice was simple, give up 15 yards for PI or defensive holding or give up more TD's than they already did. Had nothing to do with unfair officiating.

Agree Bama commented the penalties called
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
GA is favored by 9.
So was Alabama

Alabama still hung 49 on Tennessee. If you can hang 49 on a team, that tells me a lot about their defense or lack of.

Georgia is good on all fronts.
Tennessee is happy to be voted #1 and Georgia is pissed to have dropped down to #3.

My guess is pissed off wins the game.
Right

It should ALWAYS be some Yankee school from a blue state?

And if not

You’ll makes us a batch of Hydroxychloroquine in your bathtub with Comet and Fresca

10-4

Thanks Cap’n cut n paste
I hope Tennessee gets their ass reamed. Is that Peyton Manning still playing? Hate that mofo.
lol
Tennessee for the win
Originally Posted by slumlord

And if not

You’ll makes us a batch of Hydroxychloroquine in your bathtub with Comet and Fresca

10-4

Thanks Cap’n cut n paste
I'm not touching anything that was near dude's bathtub
Go Big Orange!
Im hoping for a good game; thinking Tennessee can’t contain Georgia and falls in a close one.
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Tennessee for the win

Me and the Slummer are praying for them.
Should be a fun to watch game, especially since Alabama isn't involved.
Right

It should ALWAYS be some Yankee school from a blue state?

Like the always highly overrated Suckeyes and ND. πŸ€ͺ

#2 Suckeyes really struggling to beat a 1 and 7 Northwestern team today. They’re only up 14 to 7 near the end of the 3rd Qtr. Be great to see them get their asses handed to them.

Which, of course, will surely happen if they manage to make it to the College Playoffs.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Im hoping for a good game; thinking Tennessee can’t contain Georgia and falls in a close one.
Tennessee's secondary could use some help
Kickoff in about 10 minutes!
You’re going down , cracker.
You’re going down , cracker.

I’m pulling for Tennessee DUMBASS.

LITTLE MAN SYNDROME flaring up already ? πŸ€ͺ
Damn ! Volunteers almost had a INT !
Fumble Recovery by the Volunteers !!!
Gee, to bad the GA Qb doesn't handle the ball very well. He almost recovered it
Not a smart short pass reception there.
FG by Tennessee.
Damn. Tennessee better start making some tackles.
Tennessee's secondary could use some help

Yep.
Georgia looks mean. And tough. And good.
TD Bulldogs.
Bigger, faster.
Georgia got robbed on that call. Should have been a safety.
Tennessee May need some help from the Refs, the way they’ve played so far. πŸ€ͺ
Damn. Another TD for Georgia.
Bigger, faster. grin
Give up a 2 point safety for a first play touchdown pass.

Good trade.

Osky
This is getting ugly.
This is getting ugly.

Yep. First quarter play doesn’t bode well for the Volunteers.
Tennessee for the win
Did I say Tennessee? I meant bulldogs
Tennessee has not been well prepared for this game.
Tennessee for the win
That’s ok.

I said it would be close.

21-3 dogs.
Tennessee for the win
That’s ok.

I said it would be close.

21-3 dogs.

Yep. Me too. I said Tennessee would win by 3. πŸ€ͺ
So when do the Tennessee starters show up? The practice team is getting killed.
Haven’t watched a team that could beat Georgia the way they played first quarter. Not Bama, not Suckeyes, not Wolverines.
The only way Tennessee can move the ball is for the officials to call Georgia for a penalty. Must the same officials that called the Alabama game
Tennessee not gonna win this one with FG’s. πŸ€ͺ
My prediction stated 3 weeks ago stands

Yeah, I realize most on here have daylight allllll the waaay thru both ear holes

But Tn will not beat Ga

RE posting walter brennan threads every 6 months JFC

And hey LOONS, butthurt loons….don’t send me your fkn PMs. IDGAF
Ouch.
Multi-Tasking

Game coverage, 5-G in the pocket from a deer stand

No use and wasting a day while Hooker throws an INT

Even Smoky is embarrassed

Spike just came to visit, he rootin for Ga

Looks like AP and coaches had it correct.

24-6 at the half.
My prediction stated 3 weeks ago stands

Yeah, I realize most on here have daylight allllll the waaay thru both ear holes

But Tn will not beat Ga

RE posting walter brennan threads every 6 months JFC

And hey LOONS, butthurt loons….don’t send me your fkn PMs. IDGAF

Slum has officially reached Grumpy Old Man status. 😜
This thing could get ugly.
Damn.
Had hoped for more of a game.
Georgia got robbed on that call. Should have been a safety.
Tennessee May need some help from the Refs, the way they’ve played so far. πŸ€ͺ

Ha. They reviewed the ball being a fumble or backwards pass and still gave the wrong call. On purpose. Like, believe me, I closed the border. WTH you gonna do about it.
Originally Posted by mirage243

Really??? Who should be then ???

GA
I just got off work and sat down at halftime. The score surprised me, I thought it would be closer. I'm pulling for Tennessee but figured they were overmatched for this game. I don't see anyone in the country beating Georgia this season
This thing could get ugly.
Damn.
Had hoped for more of a game.

Yep. Disappointing. I really thought Tennessee was better. Especially after the way they beat Alabama.
But after the way my terrible TAMU team nearly beat Bama, it looks like both Tennessee and Alabama are overrated.
Sure would have liked to see Tennessee win this one.
But it ain’t happening today. 😬
How many times has Georgia sacked Hooker now ?

Tennessee got a reprieve with that face mask penalty. πŸ€ͺ
I thought it would be close with Georgia winning a closer game. Tennessee's defense has been suspect all season, but I thought the offense would keep the Vols in the game. Georgia has the best defense I have seen this season.
Hooker goes down again. I’d think Georgia might set some kind of record for number of sacks in this game. πŸ€ͺ
Astros show to be on at 7 central on Dish schedule Neal.

And K is running over OSU. Unreal
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I thought it would be close with Georgia winning a closer game. Tennessee's defense has been suspect all season, but I thought the offense would keep the Vols in the game. Georgia has the best defense I have seen this season.

Yep. Oh well, it will at least be satisfying to see Georgia kick the schitt out of the Sucketes in the Playoff or Championship Game.
Looks like that’s the way it’s headed. I don’t see Alabama beating Georgia.
Multi-Tasking

Game coverage, 5-G in the pocket from a deer stand

No use and wasting a day while Hooker throws an INT

Even Smoky is embarrassed

Spike just came to visit, he rootin for Ga

Great pic Slum. Thanks.
My Aggies got beat again today. By the Gators.

Past time to fire Dumbo Fisher.
Put a fork in this one……. Time to start getting ready to watch the Astros win the WS!
Liberty vs Arkansas is a good game
Tennessee finally got a TD. Too little too late.

27 to 13 with 4:15 to go.
Smokey called The Peyton of Manning.
Both are weeping.

Feel sorry for Smokey

He is a cool dog.
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

Yep. Oh well, it will at least be satisfying to see Georgia kick the schitt out of the Sucketes in the Playoff or Championship Game.
Looks like that’s the way it’s headed. I don’t see Alabama beating Georgia.

A few weeks ago an internet article started with two statements: Tennessee's defense scares its fans. Tennessee's offense cares its opponents. Today is the only game in which Tennessee's offense has wilted. Great game by Georgia. I still don't know how Heupel has resurrected Tennessee football in only a season and a half. I thought it would take another season. I have been a Vol fan for 60 years and even though today is a downer, the Vols are on the comeback trail.

You'll have to pay him something like 86.7 million to go away. Y'all gave him a ridiculous buyout

You'll have to pay him something like 86.7 million to go away. Y'all gave him a ridiculous buyout

Yep. Heads should roll over that dumbass contract.

Yep. Heads should roll over that dumbass contract.

Agreed
Georgia didn't show TN anything in the second half.
The fact is that Tennessee was way overrated. It was all hype and BS making them number one. I am a huge SEC fan, but the fact is that the middle tier SEC teams, which is what Tennessee is, are always way overrated, just because they play in the SEC. Tennessee was hyped up because of the Alabama win. Bama is not as good this year as they usually are, and the game was played in Knoxville, which meant it was officiated in Tennessee's favor, and the Vols only won in the last minute of the game. I really thought Georgia took their foot of the gas in the second half, or else the score would have been even more in their favor.

Yep. You were right.
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Georgia by 13

I missed it by 1 point.
Tennessee is a hell of a ball club. It’s good to see them back in the running.

But by god, that orange and white checkerboard is fugking atrocious. Lol.

🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸
Georgia.......that's how you spell defense. They lost 5 first round draft picks on defense to the NFL last year. You sure couldn't tell it.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Georgia.......that's how you spell defense. They lost 5 first round draft picks on defense to the NFL last year. You sure couldn't tell it.

Yep. I would have thought their DF would have been decimated. Apparently that’s not the case. 😬
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Georgia is over loaded with talent
Looking at todays scores and saw that # 4 Clemson got beat 35 to 14 by unranked ND.

And Alabama got beat 32 to 31 by LSU.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Georgia didn't show TN anything in the second half.
They were up by 18 at halftime and their defense had TN stopped. All they had to do was run out the clock and not turn the ball over to win, which is what they did.
Looking at todays scores and saw that # 4 Clemson got beat 35 to 14 by unranked ND.
They'll have to drop down a bit in the rankings. On the one hand, they still have only one loss. On the other hand, they lost to an unranked team that lost to Marshall and Stanford.

And Alabama got beat 32 to 31 by LSU.

LSU showed that they can play with anyone. Looking forward to a possible Georgia - LSU SEC championship game.
Georgia will beat LSU worse than they beat TN. Only good thing is that Bama is Not in the playoffs

Best 4 teams are Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan ( maybe) and probably Oregon
... Bama is Not in the playoffs

You're considering won-lost records; those only are held against some teams, not all.
Georgia will beat LSU worse than they beat TN. Only good thing is that Bama is Not in the playoffs

Michigan will stay in the top 4-5 unless them lose to OSU, but they are not a top 5 team; LSU, AL, & Clemson, maybe TN, are better teams in spite of won/loss..............but that will be the criteria that keeps them there. They will finish with no more than one loss.

MM
I don't see them getting in. They've had some terrible games.
Maybe TCU will get in but I doubt it
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Michigan will stay in the top 4-5 unless them lose to OSU, but they are not a top 5 team; LSU, AL, & Clemson, maybe TN, are better teams in spite of won/loss..............but that will be the criteria that keeps them there. They will finish with no more than one loss.

MM

Clemson? Seriously?
The fact is that Tennessee was way overrated. It was all hype and BS making them number one. I am a huge SEC fan, but the fact is that the middle tier SEC teams, which is what Tennessee is, are always way overrated, just because they play in the SEC. Tennessee was hyped up because of the Alabama win. Bama is not as good this year as they usually are, and the game was played in Knoxville, which meant it was officiated in Tennessee's favor, and the Vols only won in the last minute of the game. I really thought Georgia took their foot of the gas in the second half, or else the score would have been even more in their favor.

I don't think Tennessee was overrated. Georgia was just better. Tennessee beat Alabama, thumped LSU and Kentucky and handled everyone else on their schedule so far. They are the second best team in the SEC this year. They may be not be up there with the best few teams in the country, but they definitely not middle tier in the SEC anymore. The rebuild job is ahead of schedule and if they can put a couple of really good recruiting classes in a row together, they may be up there with Georgia soon.

Even if TCU goes undefeated, they well get screwed by the Playoff Selection Commitee.

Book it. 😬
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

I don't think Tennessee was overrated. Georgia was just better. Tennessee beat Alabama, thumped LSU and Kentucky and handled everyone else on their schedule so far. They are the second best team in the SEC this year. They may be not be up there with the best few teams in the country, but they definitely not middle tier in the SEC anymore. The rebuild job is ahead of schedule and if they can put a couple of really good recruiting classes in a row together, they may be up there with Georgia soon.

Gotta love it when a Kentucky fan chimes in.

As TBB stated, Georgia is better, couple that with Tenn being the hunted for the first time and most likely being lofted a bit too high going in, perfect storm for a team full of players that have never been there.
Georgia lost a few games like that several years back.

Even if TCU goes undefeated, they well get screwed by the Playoff Selection Commitee.

Book it. 😬

Some truth to this

Book it. 😬

Some truth to this

Some? wink
© 24hourcampfire