Home
Posted By: WayneShaw Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Diesel hit a new high in my area, $5.69 a gallon! And the real pisser, off road diesel is $5.78 a gallon! Usually, the off road fuel is 30 cents per gallon less due to not having the road taxes included. I asked the gal behind the counter, she said they just got a delivery of off road and that's why it changed. I went to the same place 2 weeks ago and bought 20 gallons of off road, it was the usual 30 cents less than on road, but it still cost over 80 bucks.

Who the fu*k can afford that kind of fuel cost? Purely intentional by the Govt.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Going to get real SHTF, when diesel is so hi we can't afford it to, keep the trucks running.
Posted By: old_boots Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Will likely run out before that happens...

FJB
Posted By: okie Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Topped off the one ton yesterday $4.59 for road diesel at one joint which was cheaper than the place I usually buy off road ???? so i filled the portable tank too. About $350....
Posted By: Hydehunter Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
they want you to for for electric
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Wait until the shortages occur. Let’s go Brandon !
Posted By: Redneck Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Diesel hit a new high in my area, $5.69 a gallon! And the real pisser, off road diesel is $5.78 a gallon! Usually, the off road fuel is 30 cents per gallon less due to not having the road taxes included. I asked the gal behind the counter, she said they just got a delivery of off road and that's why it changed. I went to the same place 2 weeks ago and bought 20 gallons of off road, it was the usual 30 cents less than on road, but it still cost over 80 bucks.

Who the fu*k can afford that kind of fuel cost? Purely intentional by the Govt.
Yep. One place just south of me had diesel at $5.03/gallon - .30 cheaper than the closest one to me.. I filled up my pickup at the 5.03 place and it was twelve bux short of $200!!!

Needless to say, I try not to drive anywhere I don't have to... I shudder to think of what it costs the farm I work for part-time, especially at harvest time when I'm running a CLAAS 970 and there's six wagons to keep filled on a rotating basis.. The chopper holds 300 gallons, and each tractor holds anywhere from 125-175 gallons each.. At the end of each day, I've only got 15-20% of fuel left in the tank on the CLAAS. The farm has a 10,000 gallon tank and during harvest it's filled every other day. Think of THAT cost! eek
Posted By: slumlord Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
I would only be burning diesel for serious contractor duties, for a 1-ton or dually.

I see a bunch of lardass fleshies running around town with all nine 400 lb family members going to Gold Corral or Sam’s Club in their squatted Dodge 6 door club cab and not even a ball hitch on hitch on it.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
I see a bunch of lardass fleshies running around town with all nine 400 lb family members going to Gold Corral or Sam’s Club in their squatted Dodge 6 door club cab and not even a ball hitch on hitch on it.

Nobody paints a visual like Slum...
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Waiting for TaQueens thought on the high price of fuel…..
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
I would only be burning diesel for serious contractor duties, for a 1-ton or dually.

From what I've read in previous vehicle and fuel price threads, this means you are homosexual and possibly also unpatriotic.

How will you roll coal on the bicyclists you pass on your daily breakfast run to MacDonald's?
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Nobody paints a visual like Slum...

He’s the Bob Ross of written words

😂🤣.

He ain’t wrong.

Around here is cool to have the jacked up front / lowered rear f250 with led lights in the wheel wells.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
It's still cheaper than Roundup for spraying weeds.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Around here is cool to have the jacked up front / lowered rear f250 with led lights in the wheel wells.

Why do they put lights in the wheel wells? That seems kinda silly.

That is where I keep my mud.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
... daily run to MacDonald's?

I heard the McRib is back...

Not sure...

We ain't gots no McDonalds
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
$6.20/gal the closest place to get it here.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
It was $6.50something in South Lake Tahoe yesterday and $5.50something just across the line in NV.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
18 gallons for $98.00 (off road)
pump shut off at $98.00
Had to restart pump 4 times. mad mad mad
Posted By: okie Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Going to top off the overhead tank when Joey's diesel shortage sets in it should be like hunting over a corn pile....
Posted By: Dutch Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22

Respectfully requesting dispensation to fill up the Kenworth.....
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Wait until you see the end results of food cost rising dramatically because of diesel fuel cost of planting and combining.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by Hydehunter
they want you to for for electric

I'd like to see someone put Broadway Joe in an chair down at a prison, and turn on the electricity...

there's an electric ride for him....

Ride the lightning Joe!
Posted By: Seafire Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Wait until you see the end results of food cost rising dramatically because of diesel fuel cost of planting and combining.

yup, Joe's been bought and paid for by the Chinks, along with most of the democRATS...

its all been planned to allow them to come and take over our nation without firing a shot...

bankrupt our nation, bankrupt money for a military.. ship what we have to the Ukraine, destroy the entire economy, The Chinks can walk in and never even have to fire a shot....

Do we blame Chinks from ChinkLand or the so called Americans, who sold us out..
personally I blame the corrupt DemocRATic Party, and every one of their politicians for selling us out.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Why do they put lights in the wheel wells? That seems kinda silly.

That is where I keep my mud.

I thinks it supposed to be with the rhythm of the HickHop they jam to.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
I watched my farmer/renter take out his corn on Thursday. It's only about 29-30 acres and he was done in about 3 hours. Huge combine, big tractor pulling the off load wagon.

I just wonder how much diesel they burned in that short time....and he farms thousands of acres. The operating expenses must be staggering.
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
trains , trucks and tractors.
Make the price of their fuel increase or limit the availability and you control food production and commodity distribution.

All by design.

No Ones in Charge.
Posted By: bobinpa Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Waiting for TaQueens thought on the high price of fuel…..

That would infer that he thinks for himself.... In that case you might be waiting a while!
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
100% planned destruction of America.

The REAL insurrection.

Traitors. Nothing less.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Dinty Moore gonna be $6 a can

I shudder to think

I shudder to think

Shoulda done stocked up on it when Obummer was president like Mannlicker did.....

#yougonelearn
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Everything you buy is at the top of a HUGE fuel/energy pyramid.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It's still cheaper than Roundup for spraying weeds.

Word!
Posted By: smarquez Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by okie
Topped off the one ton yesterday $4.59 for road diesel at one joint which was cheaper than the place I usually buy off road ???? so i filled the portable tank too. About $350....

That seems like a decent price for diesel. I was on I40 between Amarillo and Tulsa and diesel was $4.99 to $5.29. I didn't have yo worry about it though, just noticing it was nearly$2 a gallon more than gas.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
[quote=Ghostinthemachine]I watched my farmer/renter take out his corn on Thursday. It's only about 29-30 acres and he was done in about 3 hours. Huge combine, big tractor pulling the off load wagon.

I have a friend that farms about 15,000 acres. They run three of those big combines and three grain carts at a time. That is a lot of diesel fuel. Those big combines are amazing.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
I remember working harvest back in the early 1980s and seeing some leftovers from Caddah-era squeezing -- "Cheaper Crude or No More Food." When fuel prices spiked in 2008, I just knew there was going to be a bust, the only question was, before or after the election. No way all these over-leveraged people would keep it afloat and I was right.
Now? This is an order of magnitude or two worse and it's going to be bad. I'm actually a little scared given the larger context of our toxic polity, glad I've still got some "surplus" ammo around.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
$6.09 this afternoon to top off my pickup with #1.

We just hauled home 9 semi-loads of cattle 90 miles one way, curious to see how much more the trucking bill is compared to last fall.
Posted By: cas6969 Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/06/22
Last weekend I took the jerry cans down to the corner store for K2 kerosene, planned to fill up the cabin fuel tank in preparation of deer season.

Well... K2 was $7.50 a gallon. I guess I will be cold this year.
Posted By: las Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22
Originally Posted by cas6969
Last weekend I took the jerry cans down to the corner store for K2 kerosene, planned to fill up the cabin fuel tank in preparation of deer season.

Well... K2 was $7.50 a gallon. I guess I will be cold this year.

Ever hear of wood? Convert.
Posted By: las Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22
Diesel dropped from $5.33 to $5.13 over the last week at my pit stop. I topped out my tank - about 12 gal for $60. I gotta get signed up for their rewards program. 65 and older it's 10 cents a gallon off for fuel. No "points" necessary. I think.... Or maybe it's on a points system after all, but we buy $500-600 of fuel a month there, plkus at Fred Meyer, Costco, and Safeway reards programs.

Gas is higher than Diesel right now.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22

I shudder to think
Better brace yerself when you next cough up megabux for that SPAM can...
Posted By: Osky Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22
Originally Posted by SamOlson

We just hauled home 9 semi-loads of cattle 90 miles one way, curious to see how much more the trucking bill is compared to last fall.

I had three semi trailers of materials arrive on site yesterday, Arkansas to central Minnesota. I’m sure when that bill comes this week it’ll be a beauty.

Osky
Posted By: Dutch Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22
Originally Posted by Osky

I had three semi trailers of materials arrive on site yesterday, Arkansas to central Minnesota. I’m sure when that bill comes this week it’ll be a beauty.

Osky

Spot prices on the trucking market are at a cyclical low right now. Like almost HALF of what they were a year ago. If they bill you high, they are giving you a good ole' fashioned screwing.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22
Originally Posted by WayneShaw

Who the fu*k can afford that kind of fuel cost? Purely intentional by the Govt
It's YOUR duty to buy electric vehicles !! Joe said so. Now get out there and buy electric !! (fugg you Joe. Just fugg you)

kwg
Posted By: Teal Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22
Originally Posted by Dutch

Osky

Spot prices on the trucking market are at a cyclical low right now. Like almost HALF of what they were a year ago. If they bill you high, they are giving you a good ole' fashioned screwing.

This.

And if they claim "seasonality" - bs. There's seasonality but it's not hitting now or yet - we're going to have a rather weak/seasonal bump for trucking Q4.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22
Originally Posted by Redneck

I shudder to think
Better brace yerself when you next cough up megabux for that SPAM can...

GV SPAM is still holding on at $2.64 a pound...

Everybody better stock up NOW...

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

SPAM is shelf stable for 300+ years as I understand it... great barter in the future... beats Bitcoin...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Or freeze a couple hundred pounds of local caught shrimp...
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22

Lol, same thing around here
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/07/22
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Dutch

Osky

This.

And if they claim "seasonality" - bs. There's seasonality but it's not hitting now or yet - we're going to have a rather weak/seasonal bump for trucking Q4.

Cattle haulers are obviously a different story, they're running 24/7 right now.

Got a bill from two of the truckers today.

$800 per load for the 90 loaded miles. Higher than last year for sure but they are also are running good trucks pulling big trailers and we got 'em shipped out before the weather shifted.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/08/22
Damn...800 per load is not bad.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Diesel Fuel $ - 11/08/22
Especially considering the last 35 miles is chit washboard.

It ain't no highway trip!
© 24hourcampfire