Home
I was shooting last weekend and setting up a field for predator calling...ranges etc. And found that I don't really use any apps for hunting other than the Game and Fish show me your license app.

Do you guys and gals use any kind of apps?

-John
Strelok and iHunt 750
Another iHunter here
Ballistic AE for trajectories, etc. MotionX-GPS for hunting. Can track your path, measure range to different landmarks on aerial photos, etc
My apps....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
ONx has worked decent for me this year.
OnX and Hornady app for me
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
ONx has worked decent for me this year.
+1
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
My apps....

hahahaha, EXCELLENT!
Shooter, occasionally Strelok, and OnX though I would prefer to chitcan OnX.

Need an Android GPS mapping tool for OFFLINE use?
Hard to get lost on 307 acres

I just take my phone and a coupla frosted honey buns. Mrs Freshlys

lol
Never had to use any thing that one could call an app.
FishWeather is good for detailed wind speeds and directions. Could probably help with what stand to hunt too.
This is the one I use the most. It even forecasts weather and tides based on my location. I bought the PRO version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antonnikitin.solunarforecast

Others I use are ballistics calculators, shot timers, Reloading Assistant, and a handful of E-Caller apps.
I guess I'm in the minority but I don't use apps for hunting. I don't know why anyone would... I was always taught by those that have walked before me. I took that knowledge and explored and learned on my own. I guess I just go out and do it and learn from my experiences. Much more fulfilling than staring at a phone...
Originally Posted by bobinpa
I guess I'm in the minority but I don't use apps for hunting. I don't know why anyone would... I was always taught by those that have walked before me. I took that knowledge and explored and learned on my own. I guess I just go out and do it and learn from my experiences. Much more fulfilling than staring at a phone...

In the West it is essential to know property boundaries....
Gayer'n aids.
what is a hunting app? lol
Strelok Pro
None.
If I have a signal, I'll look at the weatherchannel app for hourly updates on wind direction. I'll also use the compass app sometimes instead of fishing my compass out of my backpack. I have 3 cell cameras I get photos from, which are fun at times. Again, these things are only worth looking at in a few locations that offer decent signal.
Big piles of corn when I damage stamp hunting...

Otherwise, just the basics... rifle, binoculars, knife, length of rope and 6 pack of PBR.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
My apps....

Those are beautiful!
Just missed what coulda been the World Record Whitetail. Was looking at my apps, heard a rustle, looked up, and while my eyes were going uncrossed, he was gone. Something similar happened in 1965 when I leaned my Model 94 on a tree and dropped trou for a dump. Boone and Crockett muley bounded away, and the 94 was just out of reach.
I look at zoom earth for sat veiws.

About it....
I'll admit to using Google Earth to spot a likely looking elk spot way up on the side of a mountain, then entering the GPS numbers into my Garmin Trex, and using that to direct me to the otherwise hidden location. Worked great the first time! I called it my Super-Secret Honeyhole, and took my best elk with a muzzleloader. 5 years later (time it took to re-draw the unit) I went back and found game cams and treestands all around.
I paid for Back country navigator years ago. One time fee of 9.99 and use it around home where I hunt for waypoints and gps (no cell data needed). Have OnX but haven't paid this year, did last year when hunting out west. Would have been hard to hunt out there without it.
© 24hourcampfire