Home
Anyone seen ANY new Remington 700 SS?

I know the blue SPS are out there (bought one) but really want a SS.
Apparently they are available, but it seems none of the retailers are stocking them. I’ve yet to handle one….
Posted By: Terryk Re: New manufacture SS rem 700? - 11/12/22
My buddy and I went to a few big gun shops here in PA like Grice, and they did not have any in 308. If anyone knows a shop with availability, please send me a PM. It is for his 11 year old son.
My favorite Remingtons were the stainless-fluted sporter rifles from 10 years ago.
I have two of those….35 Whelen and 7 mag.
Originally Posted by Terryk
My buddy and I went to a few big gun shops here in PA like Grice, and they did not have any in 308. If anyone knows a shop with availability, please send me a PM. It is for his 11 year old son.

I do a lot of killing time online and will keep an eye out, but I want to make sure that I know what you are looking for. A new model Remington 700 stainless 308, presumably with a youth stock?
Originally Posted by murkydismal
Anyone seen ANY new Remington 700 SS?

I know the blue SPS are out there (bought one) but really want a SS.

I plugged the Remington stock number (R27136) into Gun Deals and didn't get any hits.
I think whatever Rems are out there are left overs. Sure wish someone would start making them again.
I have seen a couple of SPSs and ADLs in the last few months. They are few and far between
Have you seen the Alphas..?
Originally Posted by Quartermaster
I think whatever Rems are out there are left overs. Sure wish someone would start making them again.
I have seen a couple of SPSs and ADLs in the last few months. They are few and far between

I read somewhere how to tell if a gun is a Roundhill Remington or an older Remington. Dang if I can remember.
But have you seen Remington Alphas? I think you can get a 7 mag.
They are being made but the company is Rem Arms or something like that. They are on the shelves around here with camo stocks
Posted By: Terryk Re: New manufacture SS rem 700? - 11/13/22
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I do a lot of killing time online and will keep an eye out, but I want to make sure that I know what you are looking for. A new model Remington 700 stainless 308, presumably with a youth stock?

He wants the floor plate, the stock can be regular or youth. Another friend offered him a McMillian stock for the kid, so that is why it is a a good deal for the kid. He shoots silhouette, so I guess that is the long term use. Personally I think a 260 would be better.
I read somewhere how to tell if a gun is a Roundhill Remington or an older Remington. Dang if I can remember.

All the new RemArms (Roundhill) I’ve seen have a R prefix instead of the RR prefix of the old Remington Arms.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My favorite Remingtons were the stainless-fluted sporter rifles from 10 years ago.
Like this??

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Like this??

Sporter or Sendero?
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
They are being made but the company is Rem Arms or something like that. They are on the shelves around here with camo stocks

Are they a good firearm?
Posted By: fester Re: New manufacture SS rem 700? - 11/14/22
I’ve never had the luxury of owning a Remington.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Like this??

Sporter or Sendero?
Sporter.

Remington custom shop North American Custom, 7-08
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Like this??

Sporter or Sendero?
Sporter.

Remington custom shop North American Custom, 7-08

Cool...

I have a few Senderos that look the same...
Posted By: Terryk Re: New manufacture SS rem 700? - 11/18/22

He wants the floor plate, the stock can be regular or youth. Another friend offered him a McMillian stock for the kid, so that is why it is a a good deal for the kid. He shoots silhouette, so I guess that is the long term use. Personally I think a 260 would be better.

Buddy found a receiver, so now the search is on for a sporter contour barrel.
Have been searching for a 7MM Magnum in SPS stainless. Nothing as yet. MTG
© 24hourcampfire