Home
Families across the nation will soon seek out to grocery stores to begin preparing for a feast. However, one survey suggests there might be some items you want to keep out of the grocery cart.

The Vacationer, a website focused on all things travel, recently collaborated with SurveyMonkey to ask over 1,000 Americans which traditional Thanksgiving foods they disliked the most.

Surprisingly, the majority of those surveyed admitted that they hate turkey- which for some is the prototype of Thanksgiving food.

Most hated foods for Thanksgiving 2022:

1. Cranberry Sauce
2. Turkey
3. Green bean casserole
Ham
Coleslaw
Sweet potatoes/yams
Stuffing/dressing
Pumpkin pie
Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Macaroni and Cheese
Apple Pie

The survey found the most disliked Thanksgiving food for 2022 goes to cranberry sauce with 30.51% of American adults saying they could do without it.
I only can cite pumpkin pie as a NO out of that list

Smells AND looks like baby shît
I'm glad whiskey didn't make the list.
Hard to believe as that cranberry sauce is loaded with antioxidants, maybe too much sugar? I allways put a little honey, sprinkle of cinnamon, and cranberry raisins in my morning oatmeal.
Bite of dressin, nip of cranberry

The sage is balanced

yum

Next bite, repeat
Turkey, nope
Pumpkin pie, nope

We do pork & pecan pie
Go along on that pumpkin pie deal I cleaned too many dog kennels in my time. Lol lol...mb
Originally Posted by Raeford
Turkey, nope
Pumpkin pie, nope

We do pork & pecan pie

Whoville Roast Beast
1. Cranberry Sauce Yep. Like it-jellied
2. TurkeyYep. Cooked juicy
3. Green bean casseroleNot bad. With those crunchy Frenches onion thingys.
Hamspiral cut, with bone.
ColeslawOh HELL no.
Sweet potatoes/yamsGag me with a spoon! sick
Stuffing/dressingHomemade with cornbread and giblet gravy!
Pumpkin pieDon't forget the Cool Whip!
CarrotsNah.
Mashed PotatoesYep. With giblet gravy.
CornEh... Probably not.
Macaroni and CheeseNope. That's for the rest of the year.
Apple Pie Why not? Piece of that and pumpkin for desert.

Might add a platter of fried backstrap this Thanksgiving too. grin
I can't do sweet potatoes. Vile.
Fuggin nuts , what the hell they want ?
Mickey D’s ?

Everything they listed sounds great to me , pumpkin pie looks like baby shiiit ?
Maybe you need a better baker

😀
Kenneth
Originally Posted by slumlord

That’s the truth.
Real taters soaked in butter and gravy, juicy turkey, fresh homemade buns, cooked carrots, real homemade tart apple pie.
Good enough.

Osky
The house lady usually makes a pecan pie, chess pie and often a coconut cake. All home made of course.

Southern womerns don’t serve that Pepperidge Farm garbage
Not that I have anything against green beans in general, but I can do without the 'casserole' part. Everything else is a go.

I make my own cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries.
. Cranberry Sauce
2. Turkey
3. Green bean casserole
Ham
Coleslaw
Sweet potatoes/yams
Stuffing/dressing
Pumpkin pie
Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Macaroni and Cheese
Apple Pie

I like alla that stuff.
Even fruit cake!!!

Who the fuuuuk they survey???

Buncha fussy azz fugg,s who have to have their own special schit made for them and them only???
Like little bytches and schit who had to have mommy cut their sandwiches for em diagonal for school lunch.
Or else they would pout???

WTF is the matter with people???
Seen schit like this all over this rock.
Ungrateful mutha fugga,s planet wide.
Everyone needs to be fuuuuking catered too for their little control bullschit in their heads.

Fuuuuk that...
Eat what the fuuuuk is made of what you like from it.
Or JTSFU and go hungry.
We ain't bending over backwards so you dont pout....

Give em a fuuuking menu #22 shrimp jambalaya MRE for T day chow and say eat it, trade schit outta it with your buds, or go fuuuuking hungry mofo....

JFC.......

👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
Note

Do Not eat any of Nana’s dressing. 🤮😱💩💩💩

We have to eat 3 Thanksgiving dinners over the course of a week.

Sometimes 4 if we go to the one a church.
Green bean casserole. Phugg that.
The goal is to destroy all American traditions/holidays/family. Thanksgiving seems to be a complete after thought these days.

I can't imagine it's popular with the mexicans/muslims/africans/queers that were the poll.
I picked up a 10lb sack of sweet potatoes last week.

Going to be brown sugar, cinnamon, marshmallow topped sweet potatoes in Pyrex, of course pyrex

Deer wiped out my Georgia Jet SP vines this late summer. Tubers were only fingerlings.
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
The goal is to destroy all American traditions/holidays/family. Thanksgiving seems to be a complete after thought these days.

I can't imagine it's popular with the mexicans/muslims/africans/queers that were the poll.

Politically, there's less to be thankful for every year. Isn't that what the pilgrims were thankful for, freedom from tyrannical government?
I will address only one item on the list and allow everybody else to address the others. Turkey. O.K., I like turkey; but, there is so much "sand dry" white meat that it is unreal. Everybody fights over the dark meat and you're left with eating that white meat which may as well be powdered dog food. Too bad the "Pilgrims" didn't decide that ham or prime rib would be better to establish as the Thanksgiving main course. I'm guessing they all imbibed heavily in the alcohol not only at the meal but during the planning session that preceded it.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Politically, there's less to be thankful for every year. Isn't that what the pilgrims were thankful for, freedom from tyrannical government?

Rolling over and letting something that has no face determine my happiness is not how I wish to proceed.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I will address only one item on the list and allow everybody else to address the others. Turkey. O.K., I like turkey; but, there is so much "sand dry" white meat that it is unreal. Everybody fights over the dark meat and you're left with eating that white meat which may as well be powdered dog food. Too bad the "Pilgrims" didn't decide that ham or prime rib would be better to establish as the Thanksgiving main course. I'm guessing they all imbibed heavily in the alcohol not only at the meal but during the planning session that preceded it.

Brine your bird for 3 days in 5 gal bucket, cold

And don’t get a monster sized one either

That's actually a great idea. I've thought of that in the past. Unfortunately, I'm paralyzed from the neck up and never think about it until I'm dunking my white turkey meat in gravy to allow me to choke it down.
I guess all the adults that don't like turkey will want chicken tenders instead.
Like all that stuff except cooked carrots🤢

Love turkey. I buy wings and thighs for soup and grinding up (thighs) to mix with ground venison, plus the smoked parts for bean soup.

Just got my free one from Martin’s an hour ago.

Wifey just started making the GBC with beans she grew and onion rings she fried up. Adding bacon doesn’t hurt it a bit.
I like turkey when it's warm the 1st time, I'll pass on turkey leftovers for the most part except for picking @ the carcass as an afternoon snack. I'm not and never have been a pumpkin-pie eater. Everything else on the list I'd happily eat.
Don’t mind the sweet potatoes, but leaves the marshmallows off it it! WTF? Other than that, the list makes me hungry.

Old70
That sand dry white meat came from a turkey not done right.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
1. Cranberry Sauce Yep. Like it-jellied
2. TurkeyYep. Cooked juicy
3. Green bean casseroleNot bad. With those crunchy Frenches onion thingys.
Hamspiral cut, with bone.
ColeslawOh HELL no.
Sweet potatoes/yamsGag me with a spoon! sick
Stuffing/dressingHomemade with cornbread and giblet gravy!
Pumpkin pieDon't forget the Cool Whip!
CarrotsNah.
Mashed PotatoesYep. With giblet gravy.
CornEh... Probably not.
Macaroni and CheeseNope. That's for the rest of the year.
Apple Pie Why not? Piece of that and pumpkin for desert.

Might add a platter of fried backstrap this Thanksgiving too. grin

I’m with Barry except for the Cranberry sauce. 🤮

And why the hell folks need to make green beans into a casserole???
Mom always served either green beans or blackeyed peas for the legumes. Or corn mixed with Lima beans. I thank the Yankees call it succotash or some schitt like that. 😂 Good stuff what ever it’s called.

My favorite part was always the Cornbread Dressing and homemade REAL mashed potatoes covered with giblet gravy ! Of course, with some big slices of Butterball Turkey breast. And we always had Mom’s homemade Pecan Pie and homemade German Chocolate Cake.
I could take or leave the Pumpkin Pie. Grandmother always made that.

AND the hell serves Mac & Cheese on Thanksgiving? 🤪 That must be for the losers that have to sit at the Kiddie Table.

Sure do miss Mom’s home cooking! 😢
Here's the mac and cheese for me:

https://ne-np.facebook.com/SECountr...-cheese-dish-delicious/3238952673000531/
I'll eat turkey, white bread and Duke's for a week if it lasts that long. It's my favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal-leftover turkey.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I’m thinking they were mostly thankful to not have starved, been scalped, or eaten by wolves.
I like it all, but no mac & cheese or coleslaw on Thanksgiving day. The rest I'm GTG

Think you may want to have someone else bake you a pumpkin pie lol
Whitey meat or darky meat? That is the $64k question.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
I'll eat turkey, white bread and Duke's for a week if it lasts that long. It's my favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal-leftover turkey.
Even with just butter on the bread left over turkey sandwiches are good.
I ain't hard to please...

That's actually a great idea.

One of these days I’m gonna cut up a turkey breast into thick slices and confit it in my sous vide. If it can make pheasant legs tender and juicy, turkey breast should be a snap.
We always have baked beans and deviled eggs for sides at Thanksgiving.

#rebels
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Someone without a baby, perhaps?
You all sound like you know your way around the kitchen- good stuff and even better Thanksgiving for home made type touches.
All the childhood traditions I had , and in some cases just lumped it....as Dad might say....died because of picky kids and in laws -although mostly Christmas ones.

They refused a turkey I shot at the lease too.

For T-day wife and daughter prefer ham over turkey which I just don't get. While smoked turkey is okay it reminds me too much of .....ham! Ham is okay- oven baked turkey....with stuffing .....gravy...GBC....and cranberry sauce ( another thing I seem to be lone wolf in liking) is where it is at! I don't have a big ole fryer so I don't go that route. Seems like more mess to mess with but everyone swears by it.
It all looks good to me. My problem is I take big helpings, then I'm miserable for hours.

But I've gotten better on the portions in the last few years. A little dab will do ya.
Originally Posted by horse1
I like turkey when it's warm the 1st time, I'll pass on turkey leftovers for the most part except for picking @ the carcass as an afternoon snack. I'm not and never have been a pumpkin-pie eater. Everything else on the list I'd happily eat.

Turkey smells like butt the next day

Awesome the day of
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Someone without a baby, perhaps?
Yup!
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Whitey meat or darky meat? That is the $64k question.
Easy, both

That’s how I remember it from elementary school. Maybe it was those old Lunch Ladies that spoiled it forever for me.

They made hella spaghetti tho
I don't want my sweet taters to have marshmallows and brown sugar and boiled in their juice.

I want my sweet taters done up proper, baked until soft, ripped out of their skins, mashed up and topped with butter and salt. The exact way I ate one last night. Likely have another tonight.
I forgot the peach cobbler

And couple gallons of sweet tea

We have a ham WITH turkey too. With the pineApple rings nailed to the sides of it.
We will do all of the above and throw in baked brisket. I cooked the brisket out of our last beef a couple months ago. Had never cooked brisket before. Let’s just say that it was a hit. I agreed to cook the brisket out of the new beef for Thanksgiving.
Hell, I would eat anything on that list but then again, I am not a picky eater. Homony and hotdogs are the only 2 things I can think of that I won't eat. My Thanksgiving Day tradition used to be to go out with the 22 Mag or 25-20 and put up some winter meat while everyone else was inside gorging themselves and no one would hear the shot.
We have a ham WITH turkey too. With the pineApple rings nailed to the sides of it.

I can do without the cloves studded into it.
Pretty sure I’ll never fry a turkey again

Every time I do one, extended family gets all hissy fit about not being finished as they arrive

My brother in law ate about 10 big fluffy yeast rolls and watched Speed TV the rest of the afternoon

Another time, my inlaws gorged up on ham slices and mashed potatoes and then said they were full as I brought the bird in.
In Cajun country there is often rice dressing on the menu.
Originally Posted by mathman

Absolutely.

cloves…🤮🤮🤮🤮

Yup nasty

Every time I do one, extended family gets all hissy fit about not being finished as they arrive

My brother in law ate about 10 big fluffy yeast rolls and watched Speed TV the rest of the afternoon

Another time, my inlaws gorged up on ham slices and mashed potatoes and then said they were full as I brought the bird in.

I really like fried turkey....but it doesn't seem to make the best leftovers.

You got to eat it all or give it to guests.

Brined and smoked is my new favorite.

Was the turkey ready at the specified meal time?
Originally Posted by auk1124

#rebels
My middle daughter makes kick azz deviled eggs for holiday dinners.
Hope her and the granddogs show up .

I got a sneaking suspicion I will be here with Brady and Baylor while Khaneralla and youngest daughter fly to either Colorado or Arizona for T day.
Been the trend last 3 yrs.

Me, Brady, and Baylor will survive

Cleaning the fuuuking kitty box ticks me off though.

😡🤣🤣

Was windy a few times, slowed cook times

But only about a 15 mins delay

Shouldn’t be asking too much for people hold their craw shut for a few mins instead of tearing into everything like dogs
15 minutes? Tell them to kiss your ass and wait a bit.

And it aint really a specified itinerary….these are rednecks “hey yall git on ova herra bout 2”

Hint…SpeedTv

they were just being gluttonous pigs
All you wankers not likin’ this or that might ought’a eat a wiener instead.

cloves…🤮🤮🤮🤮

Yup nasty

Yep. Nasty ass schitt.
I like to dice all the leftover turkey and make turkey salad, including some liquid smoke in the recipe. Much prefer this over cold turkey sandwiches.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
All you wankers not likin’ this or that might ought’a eat a wiener instead.

Kosher?
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I like to dice all the leftover turkey and make turkey salad, including some liquid smoke in the recipe. Much prefer this over cold turkey sandwiches.

House lady makes a homemade biscuit crust next day and puts together a giant pot pie
Use the turkey carcass for stock. Make a smoked sausage and turkey gumbo with the leftovers. Good stuff.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Even with just butter on the bread left over turkey sandwiches are good.
I ain't hard to please...

I like to cut it into small chunks, than stir fry it with the left over Cornbread Dressing in a skillet.
When it’s done, smother it with giblet gravy.
Damn good stuff !!! 🤠
I actually prefer cold turkey on lite bread with mayo, salt & pepper over fresh roasted.

Lol,that's Exactly what my Grandfather used to say," FOR GODS SAKE STELLA ,GET THAT BABY CRAP AWAY FROM ME !"
I completely forget to add something else we do

Turnip greens and ham hock

Looking good as of 2 minutes ago

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Same bytch azz man child BIL that brings a spiral ham or whatever the fuuuk it was all chainsaw like cut the fuuuuk up.
Cause he cut off all the good flavored outside meat off for himself back at the house
And presents some blooody vein ill cooked meat around the bone as his thanksgiving special for people to eat.

I would be substituting 1/2 cup of water in his special little plain yellow man child cup cakes he demands for clear liquid laxative and hook him the fuuuk up .

Same with others special gravey they have to have made for them.

1 yr of it ok....
2 yrs in a row.

Guarantee they will say the dont like it and grew out of their taste for it about a week out via phone on that 3rd yr.

Their are ways to modify behavior and make ones life less of a hassle..

👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
I actually prefer cold turkey on lite bread with mayo, salt & pepper over fresh roasted.

Leftover turkey sandwiches are the best.

Toast the bread, mayo, tomato, onion, lettuce, cheese, Cajun 2 Step.

It's good.
Only the green bean casserole and the mac and cheese are a NO GO for me. I'll eat the rest until I can barely waddle to the easy chair.

kwg
I completely forget to add something else we do

Turnip greens and ham hock

Looking good as of 2 minutes ago

Lade goin hunt that?
Originally Posted by auk1124

#rebels
My middle daughter makes kick azz deviled eggs for holiday dinners.
Hope her and the granddogs show up .

I got a sneaking suspicion I will be here with Brady and Baylor while Khaneralla and youngest daughter fly to either Colorado or Arizona for T day.
Been the trend last 3 yrs.

Me, Brady, and Baylor will survive

Cleaning the fuuuking kitty box ticks me off though.

😡🤣🤣

If the family runs off to Colorado, invite yourself over to Slum's and eat all of his dressing and mashed taters, and pick a fight with his relatives. Go full bore Cousin Eddie on em.
Gearing up for some deep fried turkeys.

Haven’t done any in the last few years.

Got a request for one from my Aun’tee.

So I’ll do a couple to justify buying the oil.

Once and done with the oil. I don’t strain it. Just buy cheap vegetable oil.

DF turkey isn’t dried out like oven cooked turkey that comes out looking like National lampoon Christmas…

1. Cranberry Sauce
2. Turkey
3. Green bean casserole
Ham
Coleslaw
Sweet potatoes/yams
Stuffing/dressing
Pumpkin pie
Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Macaroni and Cheese
Apple Pie

Hate is a strong word, but I generally pass on Cranberry Sauce, Coleslaw, Yams and Stuffing. Cranberry sauce being #1 does not surprise.

I love a good pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie too (not on the list). Newsflash: I like most any kind of pie. Guessing much of the dislike is simply due to bad cooking. It's easy to dry the turkey out. Not all pies are created equal either.

In fact, I have a hard time fathoming some of the items being on that list other than bad cooking. Who doesn't like the last four? Or ham? I do find it annoying when the ham is served cold though.
I don't get the green bean casserole hate. Love those crunchy fried onions on top.

Not sure if you are tracking but foster uncle Renegade has been crowned OG. You better up your game foster uncle slumlord. Nugget
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

DF turkey isn’t dried out like oven cooked turkey that comes out looking like National lampoon Christmas…

Deep fry some pork chops in that turkey oil before you ditch it.

Goood stuff
Got a pumpkin pie from Costco last Saturday.

Size of a lid on Rubbermaid garbage can…..

$5.99.

Cant buy the stuff to make it for that….
Originally Posted by 79S

Not sure if you are tracking but foster uncle Renegade has been crowned OG. You better up your game foster uncle slumlord. Nugget

I hate responsibility

good for him

Deep fry some pork chops in that turkey oil before you ditch it.

Goood stuff

I’ve done a pork loin.

Shoot it up with Cajun injector.

Woo weeeeeeee
Anyone do the pickled herring thing? Maybe that's just a Minnesota thing. Stuff is outstanding.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It's good.

That sounds really delicious. Majority of the time I’m just nibbling on the bones out here at the dump. Nugget
Families across the nation will soon seek out to grocery stores to begin preparing for a feast. However, one survey suggests there might be some items you want to keep out of the grocery cart.

The Vacationer, a website focused on all things travel, recently collaborated with SurveyMonkey to ask over 1,000 Americans which traditional Thanksgiving foods they disliked the most.

Surprisingly, the majority of those surveyed admitted that they hate turkey- which for some is the prototype of Thanksgiving food.

1. Cranberry Sauce
2. Turkey
3. Green bean casserole
Ham
Coleslaw
Sweet potatoes/yams
Stuffing/dressing
Pumpkin pie
Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Macaroni and Cheese
Apple Pie

The survey found the most disliked Thanksgiving food for 2022 goes to cranberry sauce with 30.51% of American adults saying they could do without it.
The crap out of a can? Yes. They recipe on the Ocean Spray cranberry package is really good. Wash well, cull the soft ones out and go to town in a fooed processor. It uses a lot of sugar so not for diabetics for sure.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Anyone do the pickled herring thing? Maybe that's just a Minnesota thing. Stuff is outstanding.

A what??

Don’t have that below the Mason and Dixon line…
Originally Posted by 79S

I hate responsibility

good for him

😞😿
Originally Posted by 79S

It's good.

That sounds really delicious. Majority of the time I’m just nibbling on the bones out here at the dump. Nugget

Here's wishing for a bumper year at the dump!

A what??

Don’t have that below the Mason and Dixon line…

Yes about every other year pickled herring is on the table as an appetizer.
Good you reminded me we did well on lake herring on the big lake this summer and I left them with a guy to pickle. Gotta call today and see if it’s done.

Osky

That's actually a great idea. I've thought of that in the past. Unfortunately, I'm paralyzed from the neck up and never think about it until I'm dunking my white turkey meat in gravy to allow me to choke it down.
Another technique is to roast it breast down so juices run into the breast.
If you can find it, this stuff makes a good pecan pie. Not as good as Bob White syrup, but still good.

[Linked Image from images.freshop.com]
I think the local Cash Saver + 10% store has that brand seeeerup
Same bytch azz man child BIL that brings a spiral ham or whatever the fuuuk it was all chainsaw like cut the fuuuuk up.
Cause he cut off all the good flavored outside meat off for himself back at the house
And presents some blooody vein ill cooked meat around the bone as his thanksgiving special for people to eat.

Wow.

Just don't be stanking up half the county with your lutefisk 🤣 Haven't smelled that in like 20 years and just the thought is making me gag a bit. My aunt used to make that nasty schitt 🤢

Going to be brown sugar, cinnamon, marshmallow topped sweet potatoes in Pyrex, of course pyrex

Deer wiped out my Georgia Jet SP vines this late summer. Tubers were only fingerlings.
Throw some orange slices in with the sweet potatoes, make sure they get a little brown sugar on 'em. Ya can thank me later...

Diced apple in stuffing. 👍
So, folks don't want Thanksgiving dinner,, they just want dessert

I would be substituting 1/2 cup of water in his special little plain yellow man child cup cakes he demands for clear liquid laxative and hook him the fuuuk up .

Same with others special gravey they have to have made for them.

1 yr of it ok....
2 yrs in a row.

Guarantee they will say the dont like it and grew out of their taste for it about a week out via phone on that 3rd yr.

Their are ways to modify behavior and make ones life less of a hassle..

👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s my foster uncle mother ph ucking straight OG from Maine!
Growing up, we always had pickled herring on NYE. As soon as it’s next year, a chunk on a cracker gave good luck. We had the creamed variety. Love it.
Got a pumpkin pie from Costco last Saturday.

Size of a lid on Rubbermaid garbage can…..

$5.99.

Cant buy the stuff to make it for that….
It just tastes better.

Probably store made punkin pie is why haters hate it.

Love it! The best I ever had was at Al Johnson Swedish Restaurant in Door County Wisconsin. Their's is homemade and worth a trip to Door County just for the pickled herring. Otherwise, Elf brand is fine as long as it is fresh. They only pack it in September of each year and it is good for about three months after that date. After that the fish starts to soften.

It's good.
Put a schmear of homemade cranberry sauce on the bread and you’ll really have something!
Venison backstraps
Green beans with bacon
Roasted butternut squash
Canned cranberry jellie
Pumpkin pie with homemade Cayenne pepper whipped topping
I gave my turkey fryer to my youngest son. Told him it's somebody else's turn. It makes a great fried turkey but I got to hating the cleanup. Out in the backyard in the dark scrubbing on that stupid pot, getting rained on while everybody is inside getting drunk, eating dessert and watching football.

Yer turn!
Why clean it right then?
Brine the turkey for at least 24hr. I use the extra large ziploc bags and place in a cooler with ice to save room in the fridge.
Smoke with cherry wood until it almost falls apart.

Green bean casserole is way bad.
I'll take a double dose of everything else on the list. Maybe three or four helpings of sweet potatoes.
Originally Posted by zcm82

Just don't be stanking up half the county with your lutefisk 🤣 Haven't smelled that in like 20 years and just the thought is making me gag a bit. My aunt used to make that nasty schitt 🤢
Lutefisk is literally poison. The schit absolutely reeks. Horrible food.
I'll do my Thanksgiving like usual, McDonalds.
Will be hunting during the day.

#3 and #2 will go w their mom to two or three diff relatives shindigs (Thurs and or Fri).
All good cooks.

I don't watch football and can't stand a liberal (other attendees), so to keep sanity I just avoid it all.
Only thing the family hates is the green bean mess that looks like is was scraped off the bottom of a Chinese Buffet dumpster.

No jellied can stuff, one of the daughters makes a pot of fresh cranberry compote.

Rabbit food is usually either a composed salad or some kind of roasted green stuff.

Dry brine smoked turkey so it comes out moist not mushy.

No yams either, too many pies. Nana Callie's 80yr old recipes for double fluffy pumpkin, banana and coconut pies.

No mashed taters either, scalloped or mac n cheese. Ravioli or gnocchi makes an appearance in lieu of every couple years as an ode to the Maternal Grandparents.

Sourdough Italian sausage stuffing.
If I was home I would leave cleanup for the next day, mathman. But at a relative's function I don't want to drive home with an oily, sooty pot.

And one year, at the family cabin a bear got into the peanut oil. Big mess
There was recipe in the local electric Coop magazine this past issue. It is a pumpkin pie and pecan pie mixed version with light and dark brown sugar.It sure made my tongue smile.
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Fuggin nuts , what the hell they want ?
Mickey D’s ?

Everything they listed sounds great to me , pumpkin pie looks like baby shiiit ?
Maybe you need a better baker

😀
Kenneth

Kalifornia transplants who live across the road from me Do Not Cook. Ever. I have never seen them enter their house with so little as one bag of groceries. They drive up to McD's THREE times a day. Last July 4th - McD's all day long.
I'd eat anything on that list. What's wrong with these people. It's called Thanksgiving for a reason. You thank God, and chow down. Fairly simple stuff
Why clean it right then?

We dump it in the woods and bring it back and let the dogs lick alla that crusty coating off

They have sandpaper tongues
Mashed Carrots & Turnips, gag me with a spoon!
yes no need for cranberry sauce to exist. not very fond of sweet potatoes not very fond of pumpkin. do not eat any kind of pies and very few types of cake..
My wife makes my grandmother’s recipe for Brussel sprouts …. Made with bacon,onion, and a coronary’s worth of butter😂 so good. The cranberry sauce is for the leftover turkey sandwiches 🤘🏻
I just do a choc bourbon pee-can pie as my contribution.....along with a boston butt
Dont do cranberries. Period. Sour nasty stuff.

Everything else is ok.

Mashed potatoes have to be real.
Corn can't be canned. Preferably stuff we froze ourselves.

Used to like green bean casserole.
Got sick, puked it up once.
Not a fan since.
I just do a choc bourbon pee-can pie as my contribution.....along with a boston butt

You take that back!! It's PECAN (pe-khan) pie.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Puh-kahn.
My brother and I hit upon a real good leftover meal.
Take the leftover cornbread dressing and wet it well w chicken stock where it’s easy to spread.
Cut and shred the dark turkey meat that gomers don’t eat.
We take Cornhusks and wet them for tamales. When they are rehydrated enough we smear w dressing slurry and then add a good amount of turkey. Roll them like any other tamale.
Usually makes about three dozen. Stand and steam them in a tamale cooker for about an hour.
When the dressing begins to separate from the husks they’re good to go.
Remove and shuck them and eat w whatever sauce you prefer. Stunning. No bs.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Puh-kahn.
In California.

Puh-kahn.

Fuggin PEE-CAN over here!

1. Cranberry Sauce
2. Turkey
3. Green bean casserole
Ham
Coleslaw
Sweet potatoes/yams
Stuffing/dressing
Pumpkin pie
Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Macaroni and Cheese
Apple Pie

time of the year for a sandwich again. Annual tradition other than getter fatter and more miserable like most do on the day of over indulgence.

of the above I can do pumpkin pie but prefer not to.
Easily the nastiest thing I have ever had at a Thanksgiving table was Tomato Aspic.
For the ones that do not take to cranberry

Im not particular excited about it either and just to not be left out, I substitute with a glob of pink muscadine jelly
Thanksgiving pot luck at the Baptist church up the road here.

Seen a couple of different green bean casseroles

One had corn flakes cereal on top ☹️🥺🤢
There's a reason no one eats turkey except for thanksgiving. No one really likes it.

I know, I know one of you will say how great it is, just follow these 117 steps to cook your yard buzzard and THEN it'll be good.

Or you can sprinkle a little salt on some quality beef cook to medium rare and actually enjoy it without pretending. laugh
Originally Posted by Ralphie
There's a reason no one eats turkey except for thanksgiving. No one really likes it.

I know, I know one of you will say how great it is, just follow these 117 steps to cook your yard buzzard and THEN it'll be good.

Or you can sprinkle a little salt on some quality beef cook to medium rare and actually enjoy it without pretending. laugh
I just want the crispy skin, the rest of it sucks
Why do they leave big ‘Ace of Spades’ lookin ass part on?
Puh-kahn.

Æ-mond

Puh-kahn.

A pee-can is what your grandmother keeps under the edge of her bed. grin
A pee-can is what your grandmother keeps under the edge of her bed. grin

.............[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Don't give me any that dibetus inducing, roasted sweet tater n mushmellow thingy !

Love all other sweet tater sides.

Fugg me, who would think to do that shyte !
Turkey, no matter how it is prepared, is inferior to pork, beef, chicken, numerous game animals, etc.

I believe we are having duck this year. Far superior to turkey.
Bust that bird open and chunk it on the fire. Zero cranberries for me, rather have onion slaw.
We always have some turkey, but lots more oysters and country ham. Usually brocoli cheese caserole, some brocoli salad with the raisins, pecans and onions with sweet sour dressing,
Potato cheese and bacon casserole, pumpkin pie for sure.

At Mom's sides family dinner, there's always a bucket of KFC and a bunch of 2 litres of generic soda. Usually a platter of store bought cookies, and a big pan of hotdogs.
[bleep] crackers.....
Turkey, I like Turkey, but I don’t love it. I don’t make it cept for the holidays. Don’t even buy it as a deli meat

Cranberry sauce, no

Green bean casserole, good stuff

Dressing yup

Sweet taters, no, don’t like sweet schit on my plate till the desert comes out.

Carrots, not if they are glazed, see SP above
Not big on the sweet taters or yams. They are alright, but usually an easy pass.

Cole slaw for T Day? Never seen it done.
Usually like slaw though.

Picky eaters can go elsewhere.
I don't do cranberry.

One of the boys is smoking a turkey this year which will be our Thanksgiving dinner at camp.

-Ken
I like everything on that list, just don’t want coleslaw on Thanksgiving!
After reading the list, I'm finally a minority! 😀 I like everything thing on the list.
I completely agree with #1, #2 and yams. The rest I'm good with. Rather not eat than eat turkey.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Cole slaw for T Day? Never seen it done.

Same here. Potato salad on occasion, but not cole slaw.
You can have every sweet potato ever grown. I have always hated them

Delicious but I have to admit that I am lazy and buy the Elf brand (I think it is) in the grocery store.
that stupid sweet Potato dish with marsh mellows on top. How ever, a sweet potato pie is wonderful
. Cranberry Sauce
2. Turkey
3. Green bean casserole
Ham
Coleslaw
Sweet potatoes/yams
Stuffing/dressing
Pumpkin pie
Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Macaroni and Cheese
Apple Pie

I like alla that stuff.
Even fruit cake!!!

Who the fuuuuk they survey???

Buncha fussy azz fugg,s who have to have their own special schit made for them and them only???
Like little bytches and schit who had to have mommy cut their sandwiches for em diagonal for school lunch.
Or else they would pout???

WTF is the matter with people???
Seen schit like this all over this rock.
Ungrateful mutha fugga,s planet wide.
Everyone needs to be fuuuuking catered too for their little control bullschit in their heads.

Fuuuuk that...
Eat what the fuuuuk is made of what you like from it.
Or JTSFU and go hungry.
We ain't bending over backwards so you dont pout....

Give em a fuuuking menu #22 shrimp jambalaya MRE for T day chow and say eat it, trade schit outta it with your buds, or go fuuuuking hungry mofo....

JFC.......

👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yep Rene gets it.

Far too many fuqtards in this country have no idea what good food is. If it does not come from Mickey Dees or a delii, or Chinese takeout, they do not even recognize it as food.

Of course there's a good chance they never had a Mother to teach 'em what real food is.

Every item on that list will be on our table on Thanksgiving, and again on Christmas, except the mac and cheese. Momma makes a killer baked mac and cheese with three of four cheeses in the mix. But it's not for holidays.

There will be four families dividing up the left overs.

1. Cranberry Sauce
2. Turkey
3. Green bean casserole
Ham
Coleslaw
Sweet potatoes/yams
Stuffing/dressing
Pumpkin pie
Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Macaroni and Cheese
Apple Pie

I eat all of that. The only thing I can’t eat is beets.

U fugger

I used to like pumpkin pie

Was windy a few times, slowed cook times

But only about a 15 mins delay

Shouldn’t be asking too much for people hold their craw shut for a few mins instead of tearing into everything like dogs
After the first time I'd lock the fuggin' door to the house until it's ready.
Just so ya know Mr Slummy

last trip to Walmarks.........

on line pick up of course

they sent out a nice plump frozen 22# hen

$.098 a pound

do the math
My turkey baking experience

Weber NG grill

300* as per weight

The roasting bag is the key ticket
For several years we raised 50 Cornish Cross broilers and a dozen turkeys each year. We grew the chickens large for baking and had about one a week. The turkeys, yes the target was 30 lb live weight. Some a little bigger, some smaller. I remember a couple I had to use the meat saw and split so we could get them in the oven.
We cooked about one a month. Usually I boned it out without even carving it for the table. Momma made turkey pot pie, shepard's pie, turkey noodle soup with home made noodles, tacos, "chicken" encheladas, etc, etc from the frozen turkey.

It was a break from the venison and home grown pork in the freezer.

These days.....it's just easier to buy a frozen bird than to raise and butcher our own.
Mac n Cheese, at best that's a snack for a 3rd grader.

Turkey, I'd rather take an azz whooping. Haven't eaten none of that nasty store bought schitt since I got a divorce about 13 years ago.
As stated earlier in the thread their latest agenda for making every holiday "woke" is to entirely wipe out Thanksgiving. They are already exercising the term FRIENDSGIVING and hoping it will take.

I'm down for every item (assumimg its homemade) except green bean casserole. WTF anyone would take a green beans, drown it in cream of mushroom condensed cat vomit, toss in some French's fried onions, then bake and serve that abomination is beyond me. Some poor bastard had to start that as a joke
Originally Posted by tikkanut
My turkey baking experience

Weber NG grill

300* as per weight

The roasting bag is the key ticket
Bag it so the turkey doesn't stink in the trash bin??
Originally Posted by MARCEL
As stated earlier in the thread their latest agenda for making every holiday "woke" is to entirely wipe out Thanksgiving. They are already exercising the term FRIENDSGIVING and hoping it will take.

I'm down for every item except green bean casserole. WTF anyone would take a green bean, drown it in cream of mushroom condensed cat vomit, toss in some French's fried onions, then bake and serve that abomination is beyond me. Some poor bastard had to start that as a joke
Same w that nasty bird. Had to be a Democrat that started that dipschitt tradition.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I'm down for every item except green bean casserole. WTF anyone would take a green bean, drown it in cream of mushroom condensed cat vomit, toss in some French's fried onions, then bake and serve that abomination is beyond me. Some poor bastard had to start that as a joke
Same w that nasty bird. Had to be a Democrat that started that dipschitt tradition.

I'm guessing Africa, seems every GD thing else comes from there 🤔

I'm guessing Africa, seems every GD thing else comes from there 🤔
Even cranberry sauce and yeast rolls?
Wifey put me in turkey duty weeks ago wants a real one I been tied up lately 2 nice bucks come before turkeys.Lunch time getting to work today just to put the kids on the cheese wagon and check a trail cam for bucks.Turkeys gobbling like spring time 🙄I’m still in big buck mode.Long mtn butter ball will be delivered season goes out Friday.
The no seafood faction isn't coming this year. It's gonna be great. So far we've decided on shrimp creole, chargrilled oysters, west indies salad, oyster dressing , possibly a bird of some sort and homegrown meyer lemon pies. The only sides so far is crackers and hot sauce, but that'll change. It's been a while since I peeled shrimp and shucked oysters for thanksgiving. Good times ahead!
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
The no seafood faction isn't coming this year. It's gonna be great. So far we've decided on shrimp creole, chargrilled oysters, west indies salad, oyster dressing , possibly a bird of some sort and homegrown meyer lemon pies. The only sides so far is crackers and hot sauce, but that'll change. It's been a while since I peeled shrimp and shucked oysters for thanksgiving. Good times ahead!
Time and address? Need me to bring anything?
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Time and address? Need me to bring anything?

Come on down. Bring an extra cooler, we'll fill it up with fresh seafood and you can drop it off in Clarsksvegas on your way back. Slumlord and Ren50 would sure appreciate the effort. grin
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Not that I have anything against green beans in general, but I can do without the 'casserole' part. Everything else is a go.

I make my own cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries.

Wife does a cranberry chutney that's very good. Chit in the can, I think not. Agree with the casserole part.

Why isn't there a like button on the forums? It's what I want for Christmas. As to the post, I obviously agree with you.
Sweet potato pie is so much better than pumpkin.
Lutefisk is literally poison. The schit absolutely reeks. Horrible food.

The smell is so foul I never did put any of it anywhere near my mouth.

I do miss her lefse, though... fresh and still warm with a bit of butter and cinnamon 🤤 Never seen it for sale anywhere around here, and the store bought stuff was never as good, anyway.
Maybe all the homos that dont like turkey would find this more appealing [Linked Image from pic8.co]

1. Cranberry Sauce
2. Turkey
3. Green bean casserole
Ham
Coleslaw
Sweet potatoes/yams
Stuffing/dressing
Pumpkin pie
Carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Macaroni and Cheese
Apple Pie

All that is cover for the hated advice delivered between bite of each dish.

You'll eat Sweet taters in Pyrex but Pumpkin Pie looks and smells like baby chit? smile
Pumpkin smells like puke/ass too

Not just the visual
Pumpkin smells like puke/ass too

Not just the visual
Better find a new chef.
No chef, it sucks, no one fixes it around here

My experience with it is from many sources, mess hall, school, church dinners, there is no Paula Deen that could make it to where I could stand it.

No need for gourds, squash, pumpkins

Feed that chit to hogs

Why bother with it when we already have pecan pie, apple pie, chess pie and coconut cake at the dinner?

I don’t believe I have a “chef” problem

I Iike pumpkin pie, probably my favorite pie. It's a load though, very heavy and dense.
No chef, it sucks, no one fixes it around here

My experience with it is from many sources, mess hall, school, church dinners, there is no Paula Deen that could make it to where I could stand it.

No need for gourds, squash, pumpkins

Feed that chit to hogs

Why bother with it when we already have pecan pie, apple pie, chess pie and coconut cake at the dinner?

One of my Grandmother’s made good pumpkin pies. The other one’s pumpkin pies were nasty. Bout like Slum described.
It definitely not my favorite, but I’ll eat a small piece if that’s all that’s available. Sure as heck don’t crave it though. And would suit me fine if I never ate another piece.

My Mom made the best Pecan, Chocolate, Coconut Creme, and Peach and Apple Pies I’ve ever eaten anywhere. That’s what she always served at Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners, along with homemade German Chocolate Cake for those that didn’t like pie. All made from scratch. None of that canned or box mixes.
I don’t ever recall her making a pumpkin pie ever in my life.
Guess it depends on what you were raised on. Fortunately, I was raised on the good stuff. Pecan & Peach Pies are still my favorites. Unfortunately, I’ve never had anything as good as the ones Mom made.
All you need is lard and butter

The secret is out
All you need is lard and butter

The secret is out

No doubt Slum. I’ve got her hand written recipes. But my food never turns out as good as the ones she cooked. 😢
If you ain't got great crust you ain't got chit.

Never liked cranberry sauce, and never understood its popularity on Thanksgiving.

Love me some well prepared turkey, though, along with mashed potatoes, dressing (stuffing) and gravy.
The best part of turkey was mom cooking down the carcass and pulling the meat off the bones to put in the stew pot with vegetables and noodles for homemade turkey noodle soup. Turkey and fixins dinner, hot turkey sandwiches with left overs for supper then next day turkey noodle soup and it never lasted long enough. The holiday meal is what you make it...mb
© 24hourcampfire