Home
Kevin Costner: I Don’t Care if ‘Yellowstone’ Fans Don’t Like Me over My Support for Liz Cheney

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...-like-me-over-my-support-for-liz-cheney/

Actor Kevin Costner responded to the criticism he received for backing Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), saying that he has no regrets, adding that he doesn’t care if Yellowstone fans no longer like him over his support for Cheney.

“Just because you lose doesn’t mean you’re done; it doesn’t mean you’re even wrong,” Costner, a critic of former President Donald Trump, told USA Today.

“I was clear that (Cheney) probably wasn’t going to win her election,” the Yellowstone star added. “But I wanted to let her know, as a citizen, how much I appreciated her brave, clear-headed stance.”

USA Today noted that Costner’s stance on Cheney caused him to face backlash, even from fans of Paramount Network’s Yellowstone.

In response to that, the actor said, “I didn’t really care how the cookie crumbles, that people that liked me now don’t like me — that’s okay.”

Costner also responded to whether he would consider running for office, stating, “No, I don’t think there’s any reason for me to run.”

“Though I wish the people that did run had a bigger vision and more of a morality about how they see the country evolving,” he added. “I’m disappointed.”

Similarly, Yellowstone show creator Taylor Sheridan recently made it clear to anyone who enjoys the show for its lack of woke content that the series is not a “conservative” or “red-state” version of Game of Thrones.

“They refer to it as ‘the conservative show’ or ‘the Republican show’ or ‘the red-state Game of Thrones,’ and I just sit back laughing,” Sheridan told The Atlantic.

Sheridan, who appears to be trying to distance himself from his own fans, made his remarks after Yellowstone received a grand total of zero Emmy nominations, which prompted a story in the Daily Mail claiming the show is too “anti-woke” to win favor with Emmy voters.
If you don't win...it doesn't mean you are wrong.

Unless you are MAGA. Then yes...you are even wrong if you win.
He’s talking to the sheep
Fck that sob…
Originally Posted by Bull64
Fck that sob…
Bingo.
His endorsement won't help her any.
I dont like Kev Costner
I dont like Liz Cheney

And I never started watching Yellowstone

I win
Originally Posted by slumlord
I dont like Kev Costner
I dont like Liz Cheney

I win

Relax, 50th anniversary release of every episode of Cannon coming out in Betamax format, look for it at the Dollar General.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Damn Right I will

Frank Cannon kicks ass

He related to Jim Conrad ya know
I’m just surprised he would support any Republican.
Costner has been reading scripts for too long.
Originally Posted by bellydeep

well it's not like Liz was anything like a real Republican
Costner is just another moron form CA that made some $$$ in the entertainment business, bought a 200 acre "ranch" in the Rocky Mountains and is trying to pass himself off as a spokesman for the people born and raised in the Rockies. Robert Redford did the same thing many years ago. His opinion and political stance mean nothing in the area he is trying to represent.

You can take the moron out of CA but you can never take CA out of the moron. This has been proven a number of times.
Originally Posted by MAC
You can take the moron out of CA but you can never take CA out of the moron. This has been proven a number of times.

I gotta remember that line. laugh
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

well it's not like Liz was anything like a real Republican

Yep. Absolute enemy swamp rat!
LOL. She never was a Republican.
She's not the first traitor Republican.
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Fck that sob…
Bingo.

Double Bingo!
And he is playing a hard ass trump wanna be on Yellowstone, what a typical hollywierd hypocrite!
Costner, Natalie Maines and Cheney ought to hang out together......
Costner ought to go quail hunting with Lizard Cheney's daddy Dick Cheney, the man who put the VICE in Vice President.
Kevin Costner doesnt matter. Niether does Liz. Fugk em both.
Liz and Yellowstone have a lot in common. They both pretend like they are conservative but if you pay attention you see they are mostly leftist but are trying to appeal to conservatives to advance themselves. I watch the series and I noticed that when Dutton took governor everything about his campaign was blue not red. He's the new Democrat governor and his daughter has the heart of a democrat.

The show almost always has evil rich white guys or right wing militias they're fighting. Most ranchers problems come by way of Federal agencies these days not right wing militias or rupublicans offering them billions for their ranches.

They do mix some conservative stuff in because they know that's their audience but I'll bet it's tough for Costner and Sheridan to not let their progressive ideas get into it too much. They know who their audience is and they know they could loose a lot of them pretty easy with a little wokeness.

There's a line between being a conservationist who's trying to preserve the land and his way of life and an environmentalist Marxist who's trying to seize everyone's land and put them all in government owned apartments in urban areas. They are likely on the environmentalist Marxist side personally but have to keep the conservationist land owner feel to the show or lose the audience.

I think I watch it and find it entertaining because it's fun to watch a bunch of leftists try to keep it appealing to conservatives. Most don't even bother to try and just bombard us with their leftist crap. Hollywood should know by know there's a lot of money to be made making shows that middle America can enjoy without all their leftist propaganda ruining the story.

Hopefully it leads to more entertaining shows to come made for people in flyover states without the traditional leftist propaganda overload.

Bb
LOL..Yellowstone divas unite!
Tin Cup is the best performance KC ever had.......

His only movie I'll watch more than once.
Never seen Yellerstone. Don’t think I’ll start watching now. TV is such a waste of time.

It’s much more fulfilling to post on HC - now on to achieving ‘Guide’ status!
I dont like Kev Costner
I dont like Liz Cheney

I win
Ditto!
Regan is a Rino..
Originally Posted by Northman
Regan is a Rino..
Do you support an "assault" weapons ban?
Originally Posted by DMc
I dont like Kev Costner
I dont like Liz Cheney

I win
Ditto!

Lady friend had that show on the other night. I had to get up and leave the room.
Originally Posted by troublesome82

“Dances With Pigs”
I can proudly say that i too am one that has not watched this show.

A few of his shows have been good but generally don't go looking for his stuff.
Kevin's should do a show with Liz called dances with wolves in sheep's clothing.

A political drama set in DC.

Bb
People think just because they like a character an actor plays, they are a straight shooting person or smart. He must not be either.
I'd rather watch Waterworld than Yellowstones.
Fck that sob…

He's been added to my crap list it sure is getting longer.
"Lady friend had that show on the other night. I had to get up and leave the room.

I watched a few of the old episodes last week just to see what it was all about when it was too wet and cold to do anything outside. Found out it's just a soap opera that's mostly filmed on a ranch.
One thing that newly elected Governor Dutton said was "Double all property taxes on Non-Resident landowners". Hell, that's what Costner is.
He does hunt some. Someone sent me a picture of him on a goose hunt in East Arkansas last winter. Had a limit of specklebellies.
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by troublesome82

“Dances With Pigs”

hahahaha, good one!

I wish these actors and actresses would STFU! I used to enjoy De Niro as an actor, after his bigmouth BS lunacy, I would not pay .10 to see a movie he is in. Who cares what those idiots think? Shut up an Act!

Costner is overrated, I have not watch one episode of Yellowstone, and never will.
Let’s all relish the irony here folks.

A hollyweird fruit loop just supported a Cheney!!!!

Ponder that a moment.
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Tin Cup is the best performance KC ever had.......

His only movie I'll watch more than once.
For me, this and Bull Durham. It was full of lefties; but, it was an outstanding movie. I guess I would have to add the movie "No Way Out" which was also a great, high tempo movie. I have zero desire to watch Yellowstone.
© 24hourcampfire