Home
Posted By: garyh9900 Leather Belts - 11/16/22
I am looking for a new leather belt, the cheap ones I buy from walmart just don't hold up long. Who makes a good quality leather belt that can hold the weight of daily carry gun?

Thanks!
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Hanks Belts

The Gunner is a great belt. I have 2.
Posted By: Gargoyle Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Beltman belts! Last forever. I have 3 that are 15-20yrs old. Daily wear.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by garyh9900
I am looking for a new leather belt, the cheap ones I buy from walmart just don't hold up long. Who makes a good quality leather belt that can hold the weight of daily carry gun?

Thanks!

Check this company out. Their belt quality is excellent.

https://www.bullhidebelts.com/pages/high-quality-belts-for-men

L.W.
Posted By: ChuckK Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
The Belt Man at beltman.com
Posted By: Firecontrolman Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
My latest gun belt came from the Beltman.com. Great quality and had communication through out the making of my belt.
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
https://www.abetterbeltusa.com/ultimate-gun-belt/

Love these belts.
Posted By: devnull Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
I know this isn't what you asked. However, if you can find a Mennonite leather shop (one in Monterey, TN - Muddy Pond Community), they have excellent leather belts for cheap. Last forever.
Posted By: hanco Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Beltman
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
https://www.dontmournorganize.com

For heavy, consider their 16oz bridle material.
Posted By: DaveinWV Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
I like my Cross Breed belts.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
I’ve always worn the dickies leather work belt. It has two sets of holes the full length of the belt. It’s a strong belt that takes a lot of abuse.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by devnull
I know this isn't what you asked. However, if you can find a Mennonite leather shop (one in Monterey, TN - Muddy Pond Community), they have excellent leather belts for cheap. Last forever.

Hell...any harness shop.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
this is what I got, really happy with it, no-sag even with one of the double stack 1911s.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FLHGVG2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: MOGC Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
For leather I have always used Milt Sparks or The Beltman. I don't use leather much since being turned on to the synthetic ratchet type belts from Kore Essentials. There are other brands, I happened to start with the Kore EDC gun belts and have no complaints. They are worth a look if something non leather would suit you.
Posted By: GeorgeLa Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Armourbelts.com. Best I’ve ever bought.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Have tried Bullhide belts and Hank's.

Might give the edge to Hank, slightly.
But I would buy from either again.
Posted By: leemar28 Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Yoder leather
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
I like my Cross Breed belts.

I do too.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Do a search for Amish made belts.They make some very good belts.
Posted By: org_Rogue_Hunter Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Amishbelt.com
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
I like Milt Sparks and Ted Blocker belts. Mitch Rosen also makes good belts. Good belts aren't cheap but they last decades.
Posted By: lundtroller Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Filson bridle leather, double layer, stitched belt 1 1/2".

They are up to about $130 now (used to be ~$90) but they are the bast I have had (2 over 20+ years with everyday use.)

Inventory is low recently as far as sizes. Hopefully they will continue to make them. If not, I will be heading to the local harness shop as well.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Don't buy Walmart belts. I'm sure most of the suggestions above are good belts, but you don't have to spend $80 or more for a belt. Maybe $30-$40. You can find decently made belts made by Carhart, Ariat, etc. at Cabelas, Tractor Supply, or any western store.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Crossbreed Seconds. I have a bunch of them, great stuff.

https://www.crossbreed-seconds.com/belts/
Posted By: scrooster Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
5.11 leather belts are good belts at decent prices
Posted By: MARCEL Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Tag
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
garyh9900;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day has been a good one for you and you're well.

While I've not personally got one from our member scenarshooter here, as well as his Montana Slings he lists belts on his website and they do look very stout to me.

https://www.montanagunslings.com/belts.php

If he's no longer making them, I apologize in advance but it might be worth asking?

Good luck whichever way you go with the belt and good hunting as well.

Dwayne
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
If one has the time and the tools , leather work is quite therapeutic. I am not master at it but was always intrigued by those artisans who made saddles. Finely took the time to work on some of my own leather goods, or just go to the Amish walmart. We have one here in Cashton!
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
KORE belt is my favorite.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Bullhide belts with steel liner!
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Leather Belts - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by GF1
Crossbreed Seconds. I have a bunch of them, great stuff.

https://www.crossbreed-seconds.com/belts/

+1.

$30-35 for a belt.
Posted By: papalondog Re: Leather Belts - 11/17/22
Belt man!
Posted By: tzone Re: Leather Belts - 11/17/22
I got a Buffalo hide belt from SD. Cheap it was not but hand made in USA. I sure won’t be able to wear it out.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Leather Belts - 11/17/22
Tractor Supple carries some heavy leather work belts, $15-$17. Full2" ,Takes awhile to soften, but they wear like harness leather.
Posted By: skeen Re: Leather Belts - 11/17/22
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Hanks Belts

The Gunner is a great belt. I have 2.
+1 on Hanks.
Posted By: Chumleyhunts Re: Leather Belts - 11/17/22
If you have an Amish or Mennonite tack/harness shop anywhere around you, go visit them. Have a fella here in NW Pa that makes awesome belts for about $40-45. Hold Up well to daily carry use. Have a couple I keep for "nice" and a couple around the house.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Leather Belts - 11/17/22
I haven’t carried with it, but have some VersaCarry belts. To me they are hell for stout. Water buffalo leather.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Leather Belts - 11/18/22
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I haven’t carried with it, but have some VersaCarry belts. To me they are hell for stout. Water buffalo leather.

I should have mentioned this in my earlier post about Crossbreed Seconds. These belts are quite thick and heavy, perfect for a gun belt (which they are designed to be).
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Leather Belts - 11/18/22
I make my own.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Leather Belts - 11/18/22
You are most likely getting 'laminated' belts at tha walmarts......no good.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Leather Belts - 11/18/22
Hanks make great belts and has fast service!!!! His belts are heavy duty and are good to go!
Posted By: garyh9900 Re: Leather Belts - 11/18/22
Thanks for the suggestions. There are some darn nice belts posted in this thread.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Leather Belts - 11/18/22
I get a new belt every visit to Cozumel, Luis has them. $8-10. Measures you and chops the holes right there.

Also let them clean mrs slumlords rings and rocks at Diamonds International while we drink margaritas in the sales lobby out of the giant marg machine
Posted By: TomT Re: Leather Belts - 11/18/22
Another vote for Kore! I “hang” a VP9sk, smith model 36, flashlight, wallet & cell phone (in Desantis, nylon pouch) for 9-12 hours a day. Moving ammo, guns (pallets full) everyday except Sunday, and the support is UNBELIEVABLE. -Tom T
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Leather Belts - 11/18/22
Originally Posted by garyh9900

Thanks!
I've been exclusively using Galco belts for over thirty years now.
Posted By: Duckhunter Re: Leather Belts - 11/18/22
Another vote for Hank's belts.....Between my son and I we have 5 of them. Great belts.
© 24hourcampfire