Home
Maybe they were getting cheap with the Fentanyl.

I was on my left side which gave me a perfect view of the big screen monitor.

They were talking, and I was talking like Fetterman.

3 hours later and I am eating venison.
Without pics, it didn’t happen…..

Lets leave it that way😳
Did the doc have both hands on your shoulders?
That couldn’t have been very pleasant.
Have you had one? Honestly?

I was telling my doctors my deepest
secrets and remorse type stuff. The meds they gave me jacked me up.
I was talking to my doc about my second one telling him I was looking forward to that hit of versed to knock me out. He told me they stopped using it, switched over to propofol or however you say it - what killed Michael Jackson. He said its a lighter sleep and you come out of it faster with less hangover.

He was right, I woke up and no grogginess.

My first colonoscopy, I woke up when he said he found a polyp and I could feel him trying to get it but it was like a moment of clarity, then I went back to sleep
Relative had one the other day. Wasn't even knocked out for it. Just some sedation. Not uncommon anymore I guess.

I told one Dr dude I was a vegetarian while I was under and getting scoped too. I think he told me the pipes looked good, like I been eatin' my veggies.
So did you know about this colonoscopy before it happened?
wink
Everything wakes me up unless they knock me down to the point that I need a anesthesiologist to breath. I was having a Groshong IV put into a big artery to my heart way back when,...outpatient stuff.

When they hit me with the scapel I started hollering like hell,..."DAMN THAT HURTS!"

They hit me with another shot of the knock out juice and I drifted back off. But I woke up early.

They had put a blanket over my face and it was kind of stuffy under there. I was completely awake so I started pushing the blanket off of my face. The surgeon shouted:

"PUT-YOUR-ARM-DOWN!"

I calmly replied, "It's a bit claustrophobic under here".

So one of his assistants took the coverings off of my face.
last thing i told them before the monkey juice put me under was "i have to piss"
woke up with a different color fanny flasher on. nobody said anything so i guess its routine.
Aw you are full of [bleep]…. LOL..
Originally Posted by KFWA
I was talking to my doc about my second one telling him I was looking forward to that hit of versed to knock me out. He told me they stopped using it, switched over to propofol or however you say it - what killed Michael Jackson. He said its a lighter sleep and you come out of it faster with less hangover.

He was right, I woke up and no grogginess.

My first colonoscopy, I woke up when he said he found a polyp and I could feel him trying to get it but it was like a moment of clarity, then I went back to sleep
My doc hit me with air up my anus. I farted for
a solid 4 hours. And the [bleep] prior was
epic. The juice they gave me was a clear out
medication. Runny s hit.
Which bathhouse did you go to for the procedure?
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Was grabbin him by the hair.
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Hopefully it was after they made it around the bend...
My first colonscopy was also the first time I had been sedated. They went light with the juice, I was awake for the whole procedure. It hurt like a mutha_fůcker when the scope made the turn at the top. A nurse standing at the side of my bed gave me a couple of her fingers like they do when they're testing you for a stroke and told me to squeeze, she won't do that again. 🫨
I understand why Jackson was using propofol.

Had the upper scope, woke up in the OR completely alert(I think).
Talking with the Doc, ask him if I could leave as we were going to
my room. He laughed and ask if I thought I could.
"Sure, I'm ready as soon as I get dressed."

He told me I'd never make a step and I was too big a boy to have to
pick up. Needed an hour to be released.

I pestered them until they let me go, about 40 minutes.

That stuff puts me out, then goes away.
Wake up with more energy than I've had since a kid.
So much it is kind of annoying, I wasn't to go 3 directions at the same time and can't be still for hours.
Happens all the time. Couple more mics of Versed and you go night-night again.
I got gassy and had a stomach ache.
Blew air out my butt for a few hours.
LOL. grin
Fentanyl is some good schidt. Had it for a couple of heart caths and my last colonscopy. One cath was also brakey therapy, watched the whole procedure on the screen and remembered the conversation between the cardiologist and the oncologist. I've been warned to not get involved with their discussion or else it will be lights out. Recovery is short with no side effects.
Precedex…. Good stuff…
Heck, my first three colonoscopies were done with me awake and watching the incredible journey on the monitor. The last one however they used propofol on me. That's some good schidt. I can see why it was a favorite of Michael Jackson.
Prophofol- - - - -"Milk of amnesia".
Woke up in my first one. Could feel the scope making corners.

Second one I told the anesthesiologist to err on the side of over sedation.
When I went to the VA for my colonoscopy last year, I rode the elevator with a middle-aged man dressed in scrubs. He asked me what I was there for- - - - -"colonoscopy"- - - - - -"Me too, but I'm going to be the one that's awake"! Next time I saw him was in the OR!
He was prepping for another chitty day at the office.
Originally Posted by Clarkm

OMB buddy

WTF ?
I've had 4 or 5. I've lost count. My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer, and they wanted to start me earlier than normal. I was wide awake through my 1st one. Not sure why, but I don't want to do that again. It wasn't painful, but just not something I want to experience again. I thought my guts were going to explode when they filled me with air, and I could feel the probe moving through my colon.

The next 2 or so I was out most of the day from whatever they used. They used propofol on the last 2 and it was a much better experience. I woke up relaxed, refreshed, and ready to get on with my day.
Same thing happened to me on my first colonoscopy at 50. I woke up as they were finishing up and saw myself on the TV monitor. I wasn’t moving, just taking it all in, but eventually asked “Hey, is that me?”

Nurse jumped in quickly and said “Don’t move! Just stay still for a little longer!Dont move!”

“Oh I’m not going anywhere…..but it looks like I forgot to smile.” They laughed a little bit and wound me up.

They found no problems and said they’d see me in ten years @ 60. I bragged on that little tidbit to my sweet wife and she didn’t miss a beat, telling me “I’m not surprised, you’re a perfect [bleep] at times”. Love that girl.
Did you have a semi-hard when you woke up??
I must be lucky, 6 or 7 colonoscopies, knee surgery and hip replacement never woke up until recovery. Propofol in all of them.
Burns call that “a dream cum true.”

LOL
Never had anesthesia for a colonoscopy.

No, but he was smoking a cigarette.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
I must be lucky, 6 or 7 colonoscopies, knee surgery and hip replacement never woke up until recovery. Propofol in all of them.

Don't bet on it.
After all the lawsuits and media about people waking during surgery in the 90s, it is common for them to use a drug that causes amnesia in the cocktail.

Doesn't matter if you wake up, you won't remember it. Can't tell a story that would pay off in court.

My wife woke up during a wisdom tooth extraction, the surgeon put his knee on her chest and finished the last little bit.
Sedatives tend to work very well on me. Local anesthesia not so much.

When they wheeled me back to the prep room for my first colonoscopy, the nurse came up to me and said "Hi mithter Paul, my name is Stheven and I am going to be your nurth. I'll take great care of you, so just relaxth and we'll be done in no time." My luck follows me everywhere.
When I woke up and asked what drug he used it was Propophol. I asked for a six pack to go but he wouldn't go for it.
Seriously, I live with chronic pain and when I woke up I felt absolutely no pain for the first time in over a decade. I guess Michael Jackson isn't feeling any pain either.
The last time I had one, I asked the Doc to let me not remember anything, and he made it happen.
My last one was without sedation. It wasn't all that bad until he blew the air for whatever reason they do that. Guess they struck gold because I've been doing chemo and now doing radiation. Still have 23 days to go.
PJ
© 24hourcampfire