Home
Wife asked me what I thought about them and I had to admit I know nothing. So who has one and what do you like about it.
thanks
Hated it. Too small to feed 4.

Then the lightbulb camo on and I realized our congestion oven is the
same thing. But has 3 big racks.

Hint. Spray a little olive oil on stuff first.
It will brown and crisp better. No fat, no brown and crisp.
You can buy it in aerosol cans like PAM.
Use ours almost daily.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Use ours almost daily.
As do we. Simple to use, good results. The kids even feel comfortable using it without supervision. I get more questions on how long to microwave something from them than how to use the air fryer.
I don't like it. Then again, I don't mind eating fat, and I cook a fair amount.
The little crockpot-looking ones are too small for more than 2 people.

We have a toaster oven that does air-fry. They are essentially just a convection oven. They do work well when one pays attention to what they're doing.
Air fryers suck.
Like them a lot. Of course, it is just my wife and I at home. Ours probably isn't big enough to cook for a large family. But to heat up small portions they do it faster and better than a conventional oven.
We use ours all the time, especially in the winter ... we love it. Very versatile from chicken to steaks to hamburgers to cheese sticks to potatoes ... endless possibilities. Veggies, hard crust breads. Ours even dehydrates.
Use ours frequently. Basically a turbo oven. Cooks in half the time, but it is small. I use it to reheat stuff and cook fries and such.
Wife just got one a couple months ago. She doesn't use it for anything other than making toast. Our toaster used to perform that function just fine, but one of her friends has an air fryer so she decided we need one too for some reason.

If you're looking for a way to have "fried" food once in a while without all the grease and fat, I guess it's OK.

Dump some frozen Tater tots in the basket and let it do its' thing. Meh. They are OK I guess.

You'd have to have a pretty big one if you wanted to make anything for more than two people.
The countertop models are OK but as many state their throughput is just meh. There are ovens that have airfryer mode... that's what I would get if I could afford one.
Results-wise they are great.
Don’t cook chili in an air fryer.
Love them and used to use mine all the time. My 3rd one just crapped last week.

I'm waiting for the sales next week to decide what to get next as the one I have isn't made anymore. Gonna look real hard at a Ninja Foodi if I can find one for a good price.
I use one almost every day. I use the microwave to quickly thaw frozen stuff then finish it off in the air fryer. I think it's great.
Wife uses ours several times a week and even more in the summer. We'd get another if this one died
I use mine to cook chicken legs and thighs. I've cooked turkey breast in it too. Works faster than the stove oven. Makes a good aroma in the kitchen.
This

chicken wings

shrimp

Fries

Breaded chicken breasts/tenders

Re heated baby back ribs/tators

cinnamin rolls

Bigger isn't always better

They will not cook enough to people to feed 4

They do cook very well

$65-75 will be ya a small one to mess with
We had to purchase another Stove. So we purchased one with the Air Fryer built into it
My girl has tried Air Frying stuff several times
She doesn't care for it.
Pretty much a mini convention oven. We have one. Used to use it a lot. Not as much these days though
I don’t own an air fryer, but I just love them. Have you seen the Hamilton Beach and Oster models?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

That’s what Ive been told too. Our new kitchen range has a wire basket for the convection oven, which makes it an air fryer.

Dont know if the spelling errors were intentional, but your wording made me chuckle.
Its great for one or two people. Instapot(pressure cooker) for up to 4 people, or just use the BBQ.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

We can. Because it is also a pressure cooker.

Momma got the "Ninja Foodie" a couple years ago. Pressure cooks stews, beans, rice,etc, etc. Air fries frozen or fresh French fries. She made a big pot of soup in it this evening. Browned the meat in the pot and set it to simmer then added carrots then veggies, and finally pasta at appropriate times so it all finished well together.

She uses it 3 or 4 times/week.
Thanks y'all.
I use mine often. Steak. Baked potatoes. Fried fish. Tater tots.

Steaks, chicken, and fish turn out as good as on the grill if you coat them with olive oil prior to cooking. I never would’ve believed it.

It takes practice. They are fast. They work great!
I’ll order another one when they go on sale just to have one as a back up.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
facepalm!
My favorite way to eat steelhead or salmon.
Wife likes the one I got her after hearing how her relatives liked theirs.

Just two of us and it gets used more in the summer when we're trying to keep the house cool.
Our air fryer was glad our youngest went to college and lives in the dorms as he about wore the darn thing out. Since September it’s used a lot less, but still used quite a bit.
Oldest son and his family have one and he loves the damned thing. My wife and I have no use for one of those damn things. JMHO
I don’t own one but have had friends bring
in leftovers that were good. Stuffed mushrooms, jalapeños, chicken breast. Not bad.🤷🏻‍♂️

I think they might be worth the weight.
I haven’t had a bad dish come out of them.
Wifey cooks bacon, fish, shrimp, spring rolls, and wings in ours. Excellent for those things, and can turn out a good steak too. A huge benefit is no more giant greasy mess on the stovetop. Spraying a little oil on stuff like wings really helps.

Uses far less oil, but the food is nice and satisfyingly greasy anyway. Low fat ain’t a thing here, believe me!
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

That’s what Ive been told too. Our new kitchen range has a wire basket for the convection oven, which makes it an air fryer.

Dont know if the spelling errors were intentional, but your wording made me chuckle.

No, they weren't. I need to edit, but just get rolling...
Between poor skills, fingers that hit wrong buttons, and spell check playing game, it is a struggle.
We are on our second , Power XL.
We use it a lot, like it a lot.
Will cook about anything and cook it well.
At the very least they are worth the $50 gamble.

LOL

If you love it, you’ll kill that one quick and you can upgrade. If you hate it, you’re out $50.
Our oven has a built in air fry feature. We use it a lot and love it.
just gotta learn how to cook with it

makes awesome moose backstrap mini steaks & blackened silver salmon

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by fgold767
Wife asked me what I thought about them and I had to admit I know nothing. So who has one and what do you like about it.
thanks
Got one because my son and his wife have one and like it for some things.. We've tried ours 3 times, may not use it more than 3 more times in the next year.. Might be fine for those who don't do traditional cooking (i.e., heating up boxed stuff), but for me, it's worthless.

Just one more 'item' sitting on a kitchen counter taking up space... Bah.
Originally Posted by deflave
At the very least they are worth the $50 gamble.

LOL

If you love it, you’ll kill that one quick and you can upgrade. If you hate it, you’re out $50.
$50 is a lot of money.

- nugget
We have Ninja.

Greatest thing since sliced bread....buy the bigger model.
Love it. Two drawer ninja. Great for chicken thighs, wings, fries etc. Easiest way to cook. Turn it on and leave it the hell alone.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by fgold767
thanks
Got one because my son and his wife have one and like it for some things.. We've tried ours 3 times, may not use it more than 3 more times in the next year.. Might be fine for those who don't do traditional cooking (i.e., heating up boxed stuff), but for me, it's worthless.

Just one more 'item' sitting on a kitchen counter taking up space... Bah.

I'll give you $25 for it.
Originally Posted by LFC
We have Ninja.

Greatest thing since sliced bread....buy the bigger model.

Ditto. We use ours all the time. The air fryer works great for wings, pizza, fries, taquitos, etc. The insta-pot function is handy for cooking chicken breasts/thighs, roasts, etc. in a short amount of time and they come out great.
Absolutely the bomb for beer battered cod from costcos and idaho french frys. OK for chicken wings.
Late to the party, but FWIW we bought one a couple years ago and literally haven’t used our regular oven since. Funny because the two employees working the store said same when we were looking at the unit but naturally I thought they were FOS. They weren’t.

Make we bought was a Breville I believe. Not small. Can cook a ten pound turkey in one. Or two large chickens, pork tenderloin and like sized portions. MSRP on the unit was north of $500, but we got a deal on a damaged box unit for $300 and change.

It dehydrates, air frys, bakes, toasts, roasts and everything in between. Love the thing. Wouldn’t be without it at this point. Wife broke one of the heating elements on the bottom and I called about replacement parts availability. They told me to send in the damaged unit and three days later got a call from them. Wanted an address to send a brand new unit replacement, no charge. Big fan here.
© 24hourcampfire