Home
2013 f150 with 2 year old battery shuts radio off after turning engine off. Replaced battery in 2020 for this very reason. Comes across dash saying system shutdown to conserve battery or some crap. The geniuses at Ford have a sensor that goes around negative cables to monitor battery. Anybody know anything about this stuff.
Whoever designed that should be stuck in a blizzard with below zero temperatures and high winds while it’s malfunctioning. Then they wouldn’t design such stupid stuff in the first place.
Ford
Originally Posted by blanket
Ford

Well ok.
Lol

They have batteries that will
notify a forklift tech if a issue shows. Lol
I guess that’s the new tech.
Many of the newer vehicles do have a battery monitoring function. When you change a battery in these circumstances, you often need to code in the type of battery and some other information for it to function correctly. I'm so glad that I haven't sold my 2007 Cummins 5.9L.
Originally Posted by logger
Many of the newer vehicles do have a battery monitoring function. When you change a battery in these circumstances, you often need to code in the type of battery and some other information for it to function correctly. I'm so glad that I haven't sold my 2007 Cummins 5.9L.
I bet. I’m so mad I didn’t get a 2005 diesel
and purchased a gasser. I’m a douche so go figure.
I know nothing about this sensor, but I know a battery can develop a failure in two years time. Battery issues don't always announce their arrival with a failure to crank the engine at first.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I know nothing about this sensor, but I know a battery can develop a failure in two years time. Battery issues don't always announce their arrival with a failure to crank the engine at first.

And in some cases that battery failure will destroy the alternator.

Perhaps just a Mopar issue.
Posted By: Gibby Re: F150 battery monitor sensor? - 11/19/22
There are several YouTube videos talking about these sensors. Take a look.
Originally Posted by Gibby
There are several YouTube videos talking about these sensors. Take a look.
Yep, turns out the internet is good for more than gun forums, and naked women. 2 methods to reset this retarded sensor. One of em worked.
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Yep, turns out the internet is good for more than gun forums, and naked women.

Who'd have thunk it?

LOL
© 24hourcampfire