Home
Hello all,

Remember when Latenight shows were actually Funny and Classy?

I grew up watching Johnny Carson, man do I miss his Latenight show. After watching a few of the new Latenight shows, I tuned them all off and never watch them anymore. That are not funny unless you consider Brainless Liberal Comedians, drooling over Pelosi and alike and slamming conservatives.

Anyway, I came across this the other day and laughed my head off, so I thought I would share it so you could have a laugh as well. I'll bet there are a lot of people that feel like me and miss Johnny Carson as well.

Rodney Dangerfield: "Doc, every morning, I get up, look in the mirror and throw up. What's wrong with me?"
"I don't know, but your eyesight is perfect."

Cheers ~

yes Johnny Carson
I recall that, back in the day, one would ask/be asked of co-workers, etc., "did you watch Carson last night?" I don't remember anyone asking the same question about Leno. Letterman, O'Brien.
Yes - When I was young and had a sense of humor.
Really Funny

Johnny Carson. I like Leno but never really warmed up to his show.
I haven't watched them since the 80's, Letterman and Carson were the only ones I've ever watched.
Jack Parr:

'It's almost impossible to dislike me, because I do nothing."
Carson was before my TV watching time….

Did he push a political agenda like shows now days?

Or just comedy?
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Carson was before my TV watching time….

Did he push a political agenda like shows now days?

Or just comedy?

Just Comedy, singers and a lot of stars, no Steve Colbert BS!
SNL was good in the mid to late 70s as well.
Leno was good but there will never be another Carson.
We had to be in bed by 7pm, mama would hang blankets over the windows to blot the sun out. Could still hear my friends outside playing kick the can.
Johnny and no one since.
slumload: Maybe that explains your current bizarre mental condition?
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I’m your head BAD, 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You stare at the ceiling at night thinking about scumload. Tell me I’m in your dreams. Lie to me, even.

hahaha
Carson was the GOAT.
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Carson was the GOAT.

Agreed! Never did talk politics as these Dummies like Colbert do, he is so unfunny it's amazing!
People still watch late shows? I gave up in about 2000. Nothing but Democrap jokers attempting humor about Republicans. Even SNL has bad ratings. Gutfield on Foxnews has the best ratings for the time segment and even he sucks. And remind me why streaming services are kicking networks and cable's ass?
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
VarmintGuy

No, it's the azzbestoast . . .
Ill watch the Carol Burnett show on the rerun channel. Comes on at 10pm.

Pretty funny show.

I know y’all say they prolly all liberals....

Anywhooo.

Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were a hoot together.

KB
I still enjoy watching Carson.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
SNL with Alec Baldwin as Trump was really funny. All the Sarah Palin stuff was too.

The best was on Letterman with Bush's Great Moments in Presidential Speeches. George making up words was TFF.
Johnny Carson had four things that ensured his long running success as a comedian. He had impeccable timing; he "thought funny;" he hired the best comedy writers in Hollywood who knew what he wanted; he stayed away from politics.

My wife and I watched him almost every night and always enjoyed him and his show. Just as with Rush Limbaugh, no one is going o replace Johnny Carson.

L.W.
© 24hourcampfire