Home
Posted By: MPat70 Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
In Sept I unfortunately had to see my Mom off to a nursing home after serious health issues.

Welp she went to Woodbriar and her 5 year old dachshund (Weiner Dog) came to live with me permanently.

She sleeps under the covers and wrapped around my feet.

That has been the hardest thing to get used to. She is such a little cuddly buddy!

Does anyone else have one of these dogs?

Does yours burrow under the covers as well?

Are they also very clingy?
Posted By: thirtyotsix Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Yes they take to one person and at night will stay under the covers near the feet. Have two.... really good breed
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Hell I had 3 Llewellyn setters that would get on the bed and fight for position between the wife and I. Them damn things would try to shove you off the bed but there’s worse problems to have.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
The JJ, who's over 17 now, doesn't track as many deer but will still eat chicken wings bones and all. getting blind deaf and has diabetes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Bless JJ for being such a loyal a loved family member?
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Sorry to here about your Mother.

I have a Chiweenie dog. That's cross between a Weenie dog and a chihuahua. She loves to bury up in blankets. I've grown to really love this little dog.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Awe shucks ain't they so precious
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter
The JJ, who's over 17 now, doesn't track as many deer but will still eat chicken wings bones and all. getting blind deaf and has diabetes.

That has to be the oldest dachshund I ever seen. A fine companion I'm sure.
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22

God bless old dogs! Look at that face...
Posted By: Otter Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
We were adopted by a wire-haired dachshund about 10 years ago. Great little dog, but she preferred to sleep on the recliner on my side of the bed under a blanket. Unfortunately, she was hit by a vehicle almost 5 years ago. That hit me really hard. 7 months later we found a long-haired version at a rescue shelter over in Tulsa. Drove over there and he rode home on my lap with nary a whimper. He likes to sleep on the bed, under the covers and wrapped around the wife's feet. Winn is now almost 5 years old, very even tempered and really likes to cuddle. He does think he is the food sheriff and has the two bigger dogs in the house (Rat Terrier and a Beagle) pretty much buffaloed about access to the common food and water bowls. We have to remind him daily he isn't the sheriff. Ruby was our first Doxie, Winn is our second and now I can't envision not having a Dachshund. They really do grow on you, but I like dogs . . . a lot.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Just because its bedtime doesn't mean they shouldn't go to ground.
Posted By: LBP Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by MPat70
In Sept I unfortunately had to see my Mom off to a nursing home after serious health issues.

Welp she went to Woodbriar and her 5 year old dachshund (Weiner Dog) came to live with me permanently.

She sleeps under the covers and wrapped around my feet.

That has been the hardest thing to get used to. She is such a little cuddly buddy!

Does anyone else have one of these dogs?

Does yours burrow under the covers as well?

Are they also very clingy?
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Sorry to here about your Mother.

I have a Chiweenie dog. That's cross between a Weenie dog and a chihuahua. She loves to bury up in blankets. I've grown to really love this little dog.

I have both a dachshund and a chiweenie. The both sleep under the covers in the bed and stick to me like glue. The dachshund “Sadie” is 9 months old and the chiweenie “Suzy” is 10 years old, they’re great dogs!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/img]
Posted By: EdM Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Our Heelers aren't quite there yet.

Sorry to hear about Mom. Hope she is comfortable in the care facility. We just had to do that with my SIL.

Doxies are the most lovable little Nazis imaginable. One of ours would “let” me drive as far as the 2 lane blacktop and then she’d hop on my lap, stand up and take the steering wheel. I could still steer, but only if my hand was at the bottom of the steering wheel.
Posted By: Quak Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
FANTASTIC DOGS. My Grandmother used to breed them back in the day in Germany and in my lifetime she always had two at a time. They all slept under the covers in your legs/feet and were awesome/fearless watch dogs. Great hunters as well.

I have a half Dachshund/miniature schnauzer currently and he's fantastic as well. He's currently sleeping under the covers in my bed with my wife and little daughter passing gas and snoring no doubt.

Ill never be without one or two.
Posted By: Quak Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
I should note...they all seem to have terrible breath LOL
Posted By: IDMilton Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22

3/8 dachshund
1/8 Chihuahua
1/4 mini schnauzer
1/4 Yorkie

If someone would’ve told me a few years ago I would have a lapdog, I never would have believed them.

Doesn’t shed, smart, really fun little dog. Asleep on my wife’s feet right now
Originally Posted by Quak
yup, JJ will make you gag.
Posted By: DMc Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Two of my best buds!

Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
I had two dachshunds and unfortunately the ex-wife took them when we divorced, I'm gone too much to keep them. Wonderful dogs and they did just as you say, put them in the bed and they immediately went under the covers and around your feet. I was usually awakened in the morning by one of them licking my face which was their way of saying they had to go out and potty.

I miss them terribly.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Yes, never be without one. Wife was crowing about having a baby early in our marriage and I bought some time with a dog. She wanted some kind of Poo mix and I told her that weenie dogs were the only small dogs I would consider. So we got Hildegard, a Black and Tan female that was the best weener ever. Never barked or tore anything up in the ten years she lived with us before she got cancer and died.

By then we had our son and he needed a replacement for his bedtime buddy. So last Christmas we got Otto for him. They are inseparable and Otto is a good little guy with the heart of a lion. I lost him out crappie fishing when he was 4 months old and he roamed the countryside amongst the coyotes and pigs for 4 days before a friend turned him up in a barn half a mile from where I’d lost him.
He goes to school every afternoon to pick up the boy, rests up in the car to be fully charged for after school activities. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Quak
I have noticed that. My Chipoo (Chihuahua & miniature poodle) has the most pleasant breath. I don't mind her kisses at all BUT damn the dachshund's breath will gag a maggot!
Posted By: arky65 Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
We, had 1-4 for 40+ years. Lost 17-year-old Peugeot 1/23/21. Been on the lookout for a rescue since with no luck.

May have to purchase one soon as we both miss having one around.
Posted By: skeen Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
My wife prefers the 'full' and 'plus-size' models. smile

Posted By: 257Bob Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
Our family has/had five, we started with two, male and female, both made it to 16 years +, our son has a male now and we have two females. The are really great pets, very courageous to a fault, we take them everywhere we go, they are compact and travel well. They are off to Kansas with us next week for a 15 hour drive. Couldn't imagine being without a Dachshund (badger hound in German).
Do you have the problem of them wanting to rub their necks on anything rancid?

This one likes to rub her neck in slimy chicken poo. After about 4 times she thinks twice about it because she hates baths and I made sure she understood exactly why she was getting said bath. I still have to watch her but so far we have been chicken poo free for 4 weeks.

Not the somewhat solid chicken poo but the liquidity smelly poo.

Fortunately I have patience and love but I will not let her out of my sight when out doors.

Bless my Mom but she never let Bella outside any longer than it took her to potty. I on the other hand stay outside and this little girl Will let her nose carry her off before I know it.

She loves to walk the trails with me everyday. She was so overweight when I got her in September that her tits literally was dragging the ground. Now she is so active and only has maybe 1 or 2 pounds left to lose.
A younger JJ

Posted By: LBP Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/22/22
A younger JJ

Looks like our Sadie.
A younger JJ

Looks just like Bella but her ears aren't grey and bulbous 😁
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/23/22

I know nothing about these "wieners" of which you speak........... You can't leave a blanket around here unattended for more than 5 minutes, or at least one wiener will fall out when you pick it up........
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/23/22

Posted By: skeen Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/23/22
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

We are a dedicated German Shepherd family but even I got to admit those lil' dogs are pretty cute. laugh
Posted By: TheKid Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/23/22
Common view on my couch. 😁
Posted By: Quak Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/23/22
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/23/22
Originally Posted by TheKid
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Posted By: las Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/23/22
Chako: Sleeps under the covers

He is not impressed by airline travel: smile

Rin Tin Chako

Hansel, my FIL wiener when my wife and i first hooked up had a get-upnow trick when he thought you should be up. He would dive under the covers, go to your feet, and start gumming your toes. It worked!

Our last wiener was DJ, AKA "the weasel". On boarding the plane in Denver, he yipped a few times, quietly, not wanting to be confined in his carry-on under the seat. We told him to hush, and he did. Climbing through 10K, the lady in front of us turned around and demanded, "Do you have a dog back there?!"

Uh-oh...

"Ah, yes we do"

"Well he's up here begging my hamburger. Thank goodness! I thought Alaska Airlines had rats!"

Apparently one of the zippers was open just enough for him to get his nose into it and he let himself out.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/23/22
Liking those weinie hound dogs!

This is the sleeping position our WPG pup picked last night after lights out and the petting was done. Yup, she loves me.

Posted By: saddlering Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/23/22
I had one for 11 years, Great dogs, they do love to stay under covers! I think of Buster often.
Posted By: LBP Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/24/22
Sadie aka “Slinky” this morning!
Posted By: LBP Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/24/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [/img]
More Sadie pics, she’s only 9 months old but she’s definitely became part of the family.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/24/22
A great dog near the end of her years.

My nephew’s dog when he was a kid, she never did take to being housebroken very wel, so kept as an outside dog in the country Ratter extraordinaire, lost half a ear in various battles along the way.

They moved, Blue lived the last 18 months of her life in a covered crate on my front porch, floor fan in the heat, hot pad in the cold. She was like a wild coyote trapped in the body of an old mini-wiener dog.

Deaf, few teeth, nearly blind, she still chased the UPS guy down the driveway.

I think she was 16 when she passed.
Posted By: las Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/24/22
Doxies are notoriously hard to house-break. Chako would go sneak pee/mark inside until he was 2. Snip/Snip fixed that.

On a recent trip to Wisconsin, he absolutely would not use the pet areas in the airports. Ears back, tail between the legs, backing off. Uh-uh- no way was he getting blamed for that! He held it for over 20 hours until we found a grassy place we could pull over outside Minneapolis.

12-14 hours on the way back.

I think he's got it! A few minutes ago he came down from upstairs where my wife and a guest were working, and yipped at me to be let out. He often comes to me for that in preference to my wife. Boys who pee together outside...... smile

Good boy!
Posted By: coobie Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/24/22
Originally Posted by TheKid
Holy chit that is to Fugging funny.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/24/22
Lilly, recovering from a tooth abscess.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/24/22
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/24/22
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/25/22
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/25/22
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/25/22
That dog is longer than the barrel on that rifle. 😄
Posted By: LBP Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/25/22
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Hell JJ’s longer than a Gewehr 98… with bayonet!!😄
Posted By: Raferman Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/25/22
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Proof them young pretty gals love a good mustache ride.
Posted By: LBP Re: Dachshund feet warmer - 11/25/22
Sadie just finished eating and hopped up in my lap for her pre bedtime nap!
© 24hourcampfire