Home
Posted By: bluffview World Cup - 11/22/22
It seems like I'm hearing more about the teams making some sort of social justice statement(jerseys, national anthems) than any results.

That's all.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
It's soccer, what do you expect, they carry on like a bunch of drama queens, if you don't have American football around the world this is what you get. 90 minutes of regulation and often nobody scores and when they do they act like it's the greatest thing that ever happened. I used to watch World Cup with my sons when they were young and watched mostly so I could "do something with them", not so much anymore. I say if you can't score more than one or two points, just make the goal bigger and the game more interesting! Any typical women's rugby team would be the snot out of most of these fellows.
Posted By: persiandog Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
[bleep] messi

Posted By: Teal Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by 257Bob
It's soccer, what do you expect, they carry on like a bunch of drama queens, if you don't have American football around the world this is what you get. 90 minutes of regulation and often nobody scores and when they do they act like it's the greatest thing that ever happened. I used to watch World Cup with my sons when they were young and watched mostly so I could "do something with them", not so much anymore. I say if you can't score more than one or two points, just make the goal bigger and the game more interesting! Any typical women's rugby team would be the snot out of most of these fellows.

My brother played soccer at a high level, one of his teammates went on to play in Europe in the Premier League, and in the Fifa WC and MLS here in the states. Even with all that exposure to it as a youth (me and him) - neither of us can get into the WC/game at all.
Posted By: bluffview Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by 257Bob

Yes to all of the above.
Posted By: Higginez Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Watching a yacht race is more exciting.
Originally Posted by Higginez
Watching a yacht race is more exciting.
i don't get it , i usually avoid threads that doesn't interest me.
I was thinking this was a thread about yacht racing!

LOL
Posted By: Teal Re: World Cup - 11/22/22

LOL

Volvo Ocean/Whitbread for me...
Posted By: EdM Re: World Cup - 11/22/22

LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

for the love of football don't hijack threads .
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Took me a while to “get it”, but actually doing something beats the Hell outta watching other people do something……

except womens’ Jello wrestling. I can watch that.

Meanwhile, I’m being entertained by all the Islamia, LGBTQXYZ23Skidoo, and to Beer or Not to Beer over the tounament. Seems like pretty much everyone is unhappy. Gotta love that anyway.
Posted By: 700LH Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Little kids and queers game
Originally Posted by 700LH
its better than dodgeball
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by persiandog

Never seen anyone flop in dodgeball
Posted By: bluffview Re: World Cup - 11/22/22

LOL

Isn't that the America's Cup? The old 12 meter boats weren't fast but the strategy they used to block the other boat's wind was interesting. The new boats with the foils are much faster and look kind of wild.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Soccer SUCKS....a game for phags with man-buns!!!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
700LH, At least the U.S. Soccer Team stood up and put their hand over their hearts and sang our National Anthem, they didn't kneel like the NFL-MLB- NBA. Rio7
who is the guy running with the players? why is he waving a blue card?
He’s telling them to hoist the main sail!
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
[bleep] messi

Two great Saudi goals and their goalie making mistakes early but ending up playing the game of his life 😎
why everybody chasing after the ball? why can't they sit in the dugout and spit in a styrofoam cup?
Posted By: ironbender Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
That KSA keeper did an awesome job!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Start paying bigger salaries and have bigger prizes and the players will flop every time.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by ironbender
Might have to look for a replay of that game then.

Presently have the Mex-Pol game paused.
Posted By: hanco Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Soccer sucks, can’t watch it. My boy played one year, even though he played football. The season is in the worst time of year here, rained every game I think.

He liked a damn girl that played soccer
why are they playing with a soccer ball?
Posted By: Steve Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Soccer reminds me of management meetings. Lots of back and forth with goals rarely ever met.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
The next game I watch will be my first. Hasbeen
Posted By: ironbender Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I based that on the “Messi” video P dog posted.
this was a huge loss for Argentina , see their world records :

has appeared in five World Cup finals, including the first final in 1930, which they lost 4–2 to Uruguay. Argentina won in their next final appearance in 1978, beating the Netherlands 3–1 at extra time. Argentina won again in 1986 with a 3–2 victory over West Germany, and a tournament campaign inspired by their captain Diego Maradona. They made the World Cup finals once more in 1990, and lost 1–0 to West Germany through an 87th minute penalty converted by Andreas Brehme. Argentina, led by Lionel Messi, made their fifth appearance in a World Cup final in 2014, again losing to Germany 1–0 during extra-time. Argentina's The team's World Cup winning managers are César Luis Menotti in 1978 and Carlos Bilardo in 1986.

Argentina has also been very successful in the Copa América, winning it 15 times, most recently led by Lionel Messi in 2021, and are currently tied with Uruguay in most wins. The team also won the 1992 FIFA Confederations Cup. Argentina is the most successful team in the CONMEBOL–UEFA Cup of Champions, having won it twice (1993 and 2022). Argentina is known for having rivalries with Brazil, Uruguay, England, and Germany.[13][14]
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by Steve
Soccer reminds me of management meetings. Lots of back and forth with goals rarely ever met.

Noticed a couple of 0 - 0 draws. Teams playing not to lose is pretty exciting stuff - almost up there with paint drying smirk
why soccer fields are rectangular ? it should be trapezoid or diamond shape like normal games.
whats the difference between a soccer player and a football player? the football player has dirty knees.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Mexico - Poland game was a dog. Both teams playing for a tie. Pathetic.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
Football players gt their Knees Dirty by Kneeling. Rio7
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
If I wanted to watch a bunch of faaggots playing with their balls, I'd watch professional sports.

Have at it, homos.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: World Cup - 11/22/22
France annihilated Australia. France is really looking good.
Posted By: 700LH Re: World Cup - 11/23/22
Originally Posted by RIO7
700LH, At least the U.S. Soccer Team stood up and put their hand over their hearts and sang our National Anthem, they didn't kneel like the NFL-MLB- NBA. Rio7
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/shir...-volumes-about-nation-divided-commentary
Posted By: persiandog Re: World Cup - 11/23/22
japan 2 , germany 1
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: World Cup - 11/23/22

Dodgeball? Hell I was there! grin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Somehow I can’t remember who won.

I gotta say it weren’t quite up to the level of watching England beat West Germany and win the Jules Remet trophy live on the ol’ black and white telly back in ‘66.

That was special, a whole friggin’ nation erupting in celebration.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: World Cup - 11/23/22
700LH, Even our Queer's stand and Sing our National Anthem, Make our other Sports Teams look like Schitt.

GOOD POST Rio7
Originally Posted by RIO7
700LH, Even our Queer's stand and Sing our National Anthem, Make our other Sports Teams look like Schitt.

GOOD POST Rio7

aren't you proud of US soccer team?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: World Cup - 11/23/22
Persiandog, I'm Proud of anyone that supports the U.S.A. I don't care where they put their Pecker as long as it's not pointed at me. Rio7
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: World Cup - 11/23/22
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Dodgeball? Hell I was there! grin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Somehow I can’t remember who won.

I gotta say it weren’t quite up to the level of watching England beat West Germany and win the Jules Remet trophy live on the ol’ black and white telly back in ‘66.

That was special, a whole friggin’ nation erupting in celebration.

As an aside, I don’t recall any flops in either World Cup final.
esp - crc 7-0
Posted By: Tesoro Re: World Cup - 11/23/22
I cant believe the Arabs beat Argentina!! for us non soccer fans that would be like the french beating the usa team in american football. the whole county of argentina must be deathly deathly quiet.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: World Cup - 11/23/22
Spain looked great.

Leo lost to the Arabs? Is nothing sacred?
Posted By: persiandog Re: World Cup - 11/24/22
brazil-vs-serbia 0-0 first half.
Posted By: persiandog Re: World Cup - 11/24/22
bra 2
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: World Cup - 11/24/22
Serbia played a good game, but they were no match for the Brazil juggernaught. Brazilian guy scored on a beautiful bicycle kick.
© 24hourcampfire