Home
my old alma mater, University of FLorida, used to be a great institution. Gator sports, world class health center, scholastically highly rated among State schools.
Over the past 10 years though, it has thoroughly gone to hell. Communist to the core. We just got rid of the first officially commie Presidenbt,
Dr, Kent Fuchs. Just hired RINO Senator Ben Sasse for President. The College of Law run by feminists and turning out lefty lawyers. Health care system overwhelmed by woke crap. The Gator teams in chaos and out of contention. Head coach marching with BLM. The new head coach denying scholarship to anyone not attuned with hating white folks.
Now the College of Surgery comes out with this paean to black lives matter and of course, blaming white folks. I am through with 'em. Couple of years ago I pulled my diplomas off the wall.
https://surgery.med.ufl.edu/about-u...DQiNkHvI8l2e6xgI8NTXWDS7wxS8f712QnwoJV1o
As surgeons, our chosen profession has the power to affect the balance of life and death every day. We became surgeons to improve our patients’ quality of life, or to give them a second chance at living. As healers, it is therefore our mission to prevent harm to those entrusted in our care. We take an oath to do so.

History has not demonstrated the same regard for the sanctity of Black lives. Recently, our country has borne witness to the senseless murders of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery, and the numerous others that preceded them. The national and international outcry from these abhorrent events has been clear—enough is enough.

Words will not return George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and others to their loved ones, nor will it change the ideology associated with the events leading to their untimely deaths. Only action will do that.

We in the department of surgery at the University of Florida first need to acknowledge the history of discrimination and systemic inequity that exists in healthcare, disproportionately affecting our Black patients, as well as all Black healthcare workers daily. We then need to steadfastly support and foster an environment of diversity and inclusion for our faculty, trainees, medical students, and staff. We must not tolerate any form of systemic racism, bias, or oppression. As a department, we pledge to move the needle forward, beginning with actionable change to facilitate a sustained shift in mindset and culture around race, gender and discrimination. It is our department’s responsibility to confront bigotry and prejudice authentically. As long as inequity and injustice persist, we must commit to consciously working against it.

We stand firmly with the Black community during these times and realize we must all pull together to support one another. Together we can do better. Together we will do better.

Go Gators.

I would not let those commie bastards so surgery on an aubergine, let alone on me.
Most every University out there anymore unfortunately.
I too am a UF grad. Makes me want to barf.
Sounds like the man is saying, "No black pre-med student needs to attend medical classes. All black pre-med students will graduate medical school with honors."

"We just want to be fair and equitable because of slavery 155 years ago, and persistent discrimination by evil white people."

L.W.
I had the illusion that UF Health was top drawer and let them do a procedure in the OR in 2015. They did their best to kill me twice in less than 24 hours.
It's because of dumbasses that aren't smart enough to differentiate right from wrong, victims from criminals.
And continues the great compensation for an inferior people.
I can't imagine how this could be news for anyone.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I can't imagine how this could be news for anyone.

Exactly this is the point of the entire exercise.

Anti whitism is ok. Cancel culture is great so long as it’s a member of the patriarchy.

All others = free pass

No wonder our kids growing up under this “come out” as whatever rainbow coalition thing they want… it’s their “get out of patriarch jail free card”.

Again by design.
When your standard bearer is George Floyd, it is proof that you have no case at all.
The world owes you nothing, you owe the world an apology.
From out west and retired for a while, I did not know about a lot of this condition. Very sad - UF once had some excellent programs and was known for some integrity in higher ed.
I had a lot of good times in and around Gainesville and UF in the 70's. Much different town and place now.
I’m a Gator as well. I couldn’t have been more proud on the day I received my acceptance letter. A small town kid from the middle of Colorado was packing up and moving to Gainesville. I absolutely loved my time there I stayed in that town for 13 years all totaled but going back now and seeing what the school has turned into breaks my heart. I’ve got no reason to go back and visit any more. Like you said it’s turned into a “woke” leftist shiddd hole.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Most every University out there anymore unfortunately.
This, with very very few exceptions.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I had a lot of good times in and around Gainesville and UF in the 70's. Much different town and place now.

In agreement ..... its all about the freak parade and diversity ...
Welcome to the Great Society, folks. Took about 5 decades but it's now coming to fruition.
"To Hell in a hand basket" comes to mind.

Unfortunately, that response is becoming much more common, for me.
Stupid Academia Nuts.
The causes of systemic racism are (a) the behavior of the blacks and (b) the lower IQs of most blacks. Fix that and you'll end racism.
Originally Posted by rgrx1276

Look at an election results by county map.

You can almost pick out the big college towns by the blue dot on a red field.

Penn State

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The causes of systemic racism are (a) the behavior of the blacks and (b) the lower IQs of most blacks. Fix that and you'll end racism.

This be true.

Plus they get everything they want and they know they can.

The big question is why blacks are more racist than whites.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Penn State

Where's Gainesville?

Lol.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Penn State

Yup. Idaho had 3 of those blue dots last election but only 1 was a college town, the Univ. of Idaho. The others were Californicated Sun Valley and Teton County which is on the WY border and very close to liberal Jackson, WY. I'm guessing there must be some slopover from Jackson. Other than that it's mostly agricultural.

Where's Gainesville?

Lol.
© 24hourcampfire