Home
...Elvis did his Hawaii concert, back when Hawaii was still billed as an 'exotic tropical paradise' to us mainlanders? I was drinking Tang and eating Space Food Sticks.

/sarc
I was Ten so probably fishing and checking out what was in the next door neighbors pants that she was all to wiling to show off.
I was graduating from high school....
I'm pretty sure I was banging your mom, while your dad watched, crying, but stroking. Pretty sure.
I think that's about when I called my dog a Nigerian and I got a mouthful of Ivory from mom. 4 yo
I was busy being born.
I was 15, thinking about girls, getting my driver's license, Hunting &Fishing!
Well, I turned 21 that year, I was working construction, playing music, getting loaded and chasing tail.
The good old days!
I was 12 so probably thinking about shooting my first deer with Dad's sporterized 1903 Springfield.
I was 8 looking at my older brothers Playboys and wondering why them ladies wore wigs between their legs.

🦫
Still trying to adjust after 4 action-packed years on the other side of the world.
Depends - what time of year was the concert?
Let’s see 73, I was probably nursing my momma as I was born in January of 73.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
...Elvis did his Hawaii concert, back when Hawaii was still billed as an 'exotic tropical paradise' to us mainlanders? I was drinking Tang and eating Space Food Sticks.

/sarc
Millenials be like

Tang and Space Food Sticks?

WTH is that.
2 yrs out of high school, had a baby.
Wasn’t even thought of yet.
Hanging onto my mom's teet!
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I'm pretty sure I was banging your mom, while your dad watched, crying, but stroking. Pretty sure.

I can confirm. I was watching and egging him on.
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Oh, hey man! How's your mom?
If it was January I was training to ship out to Vietnam. Found out a few days before shipping out that they sent the last man over and I was shipped to Fort Lewis for AIT and assignment to the 9th Infantry division...
I was in college on a campus that had 7 women for every guy on campus, mainly a teacher college...

Lotta horney girls, so most of us guys figured it was our patriotic and moral duty to keep ourselves in high circulation to satisfy all of those horney girls.

I sure was doing my part.... smile

Stop teasing me! You know she's still in a wheelchair after you were done with her.

/sarc
In the summer of 1973 I was in basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood Mo. Then to Ft. Gordon Ga. Then to Ft. Sam Houston. So, which month was that ?

kwg
1973? I was 12 and most likely trying in vain to rock out on electric guitar to Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc... on my cheap, POS, Sears no-name electric guitar.
I was in high school, 11th grade.
Serving aboard a destroyer off the coast of RVN. Or maybe in Olongapo, or Keelung, or Korea, or Hong Kong, etc. In other words having the time of my life.
Fixing B-52's in California, between SEA assignments. Weekends in Haight-Ashbury, "Kickin' hippies' Asses and Raising Hell!"
My wife and a friend had front row seats at that show.

/sarc

Me too. I was 11 in 1973 and loved drinking Tang. Who'da thought five years later I'd like eating Tang?? grin
I was working full time (swing shift) at a Boise Cascade plywood plant and taking 15-18 credit hours at college. I don't remember much of those years - other than being always tired.
I was three and not doing much of anything i reckon

/sarc
Eight years old, and probably chewing on a piece of Swiss steak till it turned to gum, at the dinner table. Hoping to get through it so I could be excused and wishing mom would buy Tang like the neighbor kids.

Stop teasing me! You know she's still in a wheelchair after you were done with her.
Nice lady. Quite proper.
Turned 17 that year, got my first car. Got out from being locked up for a little over a year. Started my senior year. Wasn't a good time in my life.
Hanging out in West Berlin, eating currywurst, drinking Schultheiss bier and watching the Soviets watch us.
14 January 1973

I was 13 and change.
Originally Posted by muleshoe
14 January 1973

I was 13 and change.

Me too. Almost. Turned 13 five months later. 😬
Haha, I turned 14 five months later.
In Hawaii picking up my wife from Hickam AFB after work.
January 1973 I was still in Augsburg, GE, 1/36th Field Artillery. May 26, 1973 I mustered out through Ft Dix, NJ, was in Houston by 11PM that night! Dec. 21, 1973 married the Love of my Life, working construction, a few months later went back into the oilfields.
Taking a nap near NAS Miramar most likely. Dad was over in Nam aboard the USS Constellation.
Originally Posted by Sheister
If it was January I was training to ship out to Vietnam. Found out a few days before shipping out that they sent the last man over and I was shipped to Fort Lewis for AIT and assignment to the 9th Infantry division...

January 14, 1973..
negative 10 years old.
17 yo.....junior year......styling and profiling in grandmas 1955 Ford galaxy 500.
I didn't read the thread...

Elvis was a pretty face when he was young. Otherwise he was a complete and utter clown retard.
My Father signed my ROTC contract on 01/15/73, a Monday, as I was still a minor child of 17.
I got married that summer. I never cared much for Elvis anyway and what he was doing was WAY down my list of interests.
Early in 73, at Naval Station, Pensacola, then to a Destroyer in Charleston, SC.
E5-- MM2
I was 20 years old, working a job at near minimum wage trying to feed/house my family! Going to a concert (any concert) was way beyond anything I could afford! memtb
Was 12 probably fishing, squirrel hunting, running beagles and trapping.

Senior in HS with a new Z-28

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Fairbanks Alaska. Driving around chasing tail in my 1970 Dodge Challenger. A little fishing and hunting thrown in. Edk
Like kwg, I was in Fort Leonard Wood, that summer - Basic and AIT.
I was 10 yra old. I am sure I remember the night. My parents went out on the Friday night and let us watch it on TV. Us 5 sat home in the middle of winter, oldest was 11 , me 10 and the parents never thought anything of it. We didnt know it but those were very good times in America , except for Vietnam.
in the 3rd grade ,
I was three years into my work life, having been blessed with a good draft lottery number, 108! Still have my draft card marked 1H, not currently subject to induction.

Had a new Camaro too, a SS Rally Sport 396 (actually a 402). Pretty car, but it had pretty much a station wagon 396, not a good one.
Originally Posted by Seafire
I was in college on a campus that had 7 women for every guy on campus, mainly a teacher college...

Lotta horney girls, so most of us guys figured it was our patriotic and moral duty to keep ourselves in high circulation to satisfy all of those horney girls.

I sure was doing my part.... smile
Go Yellow Jackets? If so, was there 2years later. Was still about the same ratio and happenings… wink
High School.
i was negative 14 years old
I was in high school and milking cows for four hours in the morning and again for fore hours when I got home.

Who was this "Elvis?"
Wasn’t driving yet. I coulda been out running 10-15 miles or in the woods birdwatching or getting drunk at my cousin’s house.

Or maybe drooling over the guns in the Western Auto catalogue or drooling over the women in the Sears catalogue.

Never was an Elvis fan. Black Sabbath, Bad Company, Johnny Winter, Eric Clapton were more my style.

The only concerts we saw were TV; on the Midnight Special, Saturday nights, I forget if they were before or after Chiller Theater.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Wasn’t driving yet. I coulda been out running 10-15 miles or in the woods birdwatching or getting drunk at my cousin’s house.

Or maybe drooling over the guns in the Western Auto catalogue or drooling over the women in the Sears catalogue.

Never was an Elvis fan. Black Sabbath, Bad Company, Johnny Winter, Eric Clapton were more my style.

The only concerts we saw were on the Midnight Special, Saturday nights, I forget if they were before or after Chiller Theater.

A couple years later, they were booing Elvis at the Houston Livestock Show. Co-worker went to the concert, said Elvis looked like he weighed 300 pounds and could barely sing the songs.
Working on getting a job in Colorado so I could hunt elk every year. In New Mexico it was at best every other year.
I was 6 years old living in Arkansas with my grandparents. They had a dirt floor cabin with no electricity or running water. Wish kids these days could experience that life.

You too?

Weird.
In High School.
1973, flying EC-121's out of McClellan AFB with deployments to Korat AFB, Thailand and Keflavik NAS, Iceland.
Originally Posted by aalf

Senior in HS with a new Z-28

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
#chickmagnet
Just born
Freshman in college.

-Ken
In the Tonkin Gulf.. On the gun line.
Originally Posted by jnyork
1973, flying EC-121's out of McClellan AFB with deployments to Korat AFB, Thailand and Keflavik NAS, Iceland.

"I hear a plane a-comin'- - - -but I ain't gonna sweat- - - -last week I heard a Connie- - - -and it ain't got here yet!"

Glad the crocogators didn't get ya! I worked on Connie autopilots and compasses at Korat in 1975. Is it really true that those planes needed three pilots?
Screw Elvis and the ass he rode in on! Nothing but a dope head!!
5th grade, remember watching it on TV, don't remember which of the 3 channels it was on.
On the SSBN-630 a ballistic missile submarine...prowling the north Atlantic. Well for two 65-day patrols. Seawater temperature got down to 28-degrees.
Basic training at Lackland AFB
© 24hourcampfire