Home
Posted By: boatboy Ripped waders - 11/24/22
Ok first time out with a new pair of Cabelas waders
I jumped off the back of the boat ripper a large triangle out of the neoprene waders not to mention my Azz

Any good solid repair?
Have had my old ones for years always been careful
These brand new with tags rip

Dam
Hank
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
Super glue
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
Maybe cover the tear edges with liquid rubber and glue them together. After it cures then maybe spread a thin layer of Goop over the entire area on each side.

Next time remember, white men can't jump.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
Just gluing it won't hold. You need some kind of fabric for a backing. A scrap of coated nylon or something similar will work. Overlap the tear by at least an inch on each side. Goop, E6000, or anything similar will hold it assuming the glue's waterproof.
Posted By: high_country_ Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
I use e6000 or aquaseal. You'll need to glue the rip and depending on the size, possibly add a few stitches.

Once that is dry, add a patch in and out and you'll be golden forever.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
I have a pair of Muck boots and if I'm right, the top is neoprene. I've snagged them several times and just superglue them up and they hold fine and dont leak.

Maybe I'm just lucky.
Posted By: 160user Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
I can't help with the repair but one tip that was given to me years ago that has worked well is to wear an old pair of jeans over your waders. The jeans will protect the waders from sticks and even barbed wire.
Posted By: boatboy Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
Originally Posted by 160user
I can't help with the repair but one tip that was given to me years ago that has worked well is to wear an old pair of jeans over your waders. The jeans will protect the waders from sticks and even barbed wire.

That is a great idea

Hi am a bubba as it is add me the waders an that would be one very large pair of jeans😒😒

But that is a great idea

Hank
Posted By: tdbob Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
If there's one nearby, a wetsuit repair shop. A simple tear might cost $5-10. They have the stuff and hopefully the experience to do a good repair.
Posted By: 160user Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
Originally Posted by boatboy

That is a great idea

Hi am a bubba as it is add me the waders an that would be one very large pair of jeans😒😒

But that is a great idea

Hank

I was going through 3 pairs of $150 waders per fall before and I haven't had to replace a pair in the last 4 years. I actually just bought a pair of overalls instead of jeans but you get the idea. To save that kind of money I will look like a dork. Softball lobbed................
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22

That is a great idea

But that is a great idea

Hank
but...1 more layer to get through when nature calls.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
I used to patch overshoes for customer like you would a tire with a patch. The biggest obstacle is finding a patch big enough if the hole is big. Use a fine piece of sand paper or fine scotch brite pad and clean and rough up the area around the hole. Put on some tire patch cement (glue) and then the patch over it, AFTER THE GLUE HAS DRIED. The glue; if it is fresh, should take less than 30 seconds to dry.

kwg
Posted By: lochsa Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
Aqua Seal. Neoprene patch + aqua seal if there is a hole. Dry waders completely before patching.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
Originally Posted by lochsa
Aqua Seal. Neoprene patch + aqua seal if there is a hole. Dry waders completely before patching.

This is my professional advise as well. Use a good, heavy duty backing tape if the tear is more than 1/2", then aquaseal or shoe goo.
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
I used to do this sort of thing for a living, the above with neoprene patch and aquaseal is solid. I also like the interior/exterior patch w/ some hand stitching.
Posted By: guy57 Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
Hell they make waders every day. The important thing is did you get any ducks?????
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Ripped waders - 11/24/22
I would patch inside and out with a lot of overlap
Posted By: boatboy Re: Ripped waders - 11/25/22
Originally Posted by guy57
Hell they make waders every day. The important thing is did you get any ducks?????
No but a bloody Azz
Been quite on your side of the swamp

Hank
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Ripped waders - 11/25/22
I had neoprene waders that came with a patch kit. I don’t remember what it was, probably super glue but they’re definitely repairable.
Posted By: pabucktail Re: Ripped waders - 11/25/22
Sew them up with dental floss and a lock stitch and seal with aqua seal. I’ve torn some waders in my time!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Ripped waders - 11/25/22
Originally Posted by Dutch

This is my professional advise as well. Use a good, heavy duty backing tape if the tear is more than 1/2", then aquaseal or shoe goo.
This guy ^^^^ just may have fixed a pair or three.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Ripped waders - 11/25/22
I jumped off the back of the boat ripper a large triangle out of the neoprene waders not to mention my Azz

Any good solid repair?

Dam
Hank

If you ripped your own dumb azz at the same time you ripped the waders, it ain’t Cabela’s fault.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Ripped waders - 11/25/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Two and a pair of over-priced muck boots……last week. Lol, holy waders are no fun below freezing.

Was thinking the other day, and I think I’m in waders about 4-500 hrs per year. “And not in a good way”, as they say around here. Still better than working for the man.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Ripped waders - 11/25/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Two and a pair of over-priced muck boots……last week. Lol, holy waders are no fun below freezing.

Was thinking the other day, and I think I’m in waders about 4-500 hrs per year. “And not in a good way”, as they say around here. Still better than working for the man.
Well, I worked for "the man" but I much preferred being in the waders than in the office shuffling papers!

Hated crew waders "Oh, just grab a pair hanging in the wader room" . No thank you. Whenever I'd start a new job it was first order of business to get on the computer and order a new pair

If the man complained I'd tell them first,

" there's dumbfuggs here that will put a hole in a pair, not repair it, not tell anyone, and hang it up on the hook again and just grab another pair. I want dry waders when I work"

and second"

"I know what I have on my feet, but you don't . Are you sure you want to get in my waders after I've worn them?"

Nothing like getting in some near freezing water in a pair of leaky waders some azzhat didn't bother to repair. I kept mine in my locker usually!
Posted By: Aagaardsporter Re: Ripped waders - 11/25/22
If you have a local dive shop they should have neoprene wet suit repair materials....which will work on your waders.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Ripped waders - 11/25/22

Any good solid repair?

Dam
Hank

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40066983/

Four colors are available... Walmart will have the best price typically with free delivery $35+

Or Sika 291 (not as good, but cures faster)... I have limited experience with 291 (less than a case).

5200... hundreds and hundreds of tubes. GREAT GREAT STUFF
© 24hourcampfire