Home
My wife does about all of it, she'll start pretty soon.
Today
Wife getting started as I type this and watch football
Christmas decorations go from Thanksgiving weekend to New Years.

It’s not open for debate.
The tree went up this week in the front bay window. That covers outside as well.

The rest will go up in small increments over the next couple weeks.
Originally Posted by SuperCub
The tree went up this week in the front bay window. That covers outside as well.

The rest will go up in small increments over the next couple weeks.

Lazy ass.
I took a nap lil bit ago and walla it’s up a decorated
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I took a nap lil bit ago and walla it’s up a decorated
Voila !
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Around December 20th. All gone 2 weeks later.
Never, thank heavens.
About 20 years ago. Schiet man, that be too much work every year putting them up and then taking them down. Once and done. Just replace as needed. 😁
Yep, although I missed part of a Steelers/Raiders game in the ‘90s hanging lights for Carol on a Sunday. The inside decorations were hers to do, but we always worked together on the tree.
Thanksgiving weekend, Friday and Saturday were the days of gunfire, sighting in the rifles we had lined up. How I looked forward to and enjoyed those days. Mine were always up to snuff, but the bunch of us together, shooting and planning, always made me happy. Like I said on the other post, Deer Season brought us all together.
7mm
I'm getting ready to Crack a beer and watch the wife put ours up right now as a matter of fact.
Outside lights & decorations always completed before big game season a week or two before Thanksgiving. Haven't lit 'em yet, maybe this weekend.

Inside trees (2) + decor - we are currently in process. Should be done this weekend.

-Ken
Wife I'd getting anxious.
Illness(sick, not big deal) and other issues have her behind schedule.

I do the Charley Brown Tree in the yard.
(Cut a big branch off a pine, screw it to a stump.)

She and the girls do everything but a fresh cut on the tree and get it standing.

A daughters friend said, "Your house looks like Christmas threw up".

The woman decorates everything.

She actually has nightmares every year that it's Christmas and she isn't
done decorating.

It's tough for me. Personally DGAS.
Like it because they like it.
Before them, hated Christmas.
Christmas is them for me.
My wife put tree up yesterday
Soon as we all get off out asses and make it happen. Between both of us working and me spending time hunting, fishing and working around the house, decorations are still just talk right now, but in years past they'd be done by now.

Maybe this weekend?
Originally Posted by deflave
Christmas decorations go from Thanksgiving weekend to New Years.

It’s not open for debate.

No debate here…You do a nice tree, Flavor!

Lol

🦫
Never. My wife's grouchy old tom cat hates Christmas decorations with a passion and destroys all of them he can get hold of.

So, No decoratin' until he heads off to the big litter box in the sky. Hopefully he'll set a record for cat longevity. smile
Rarely put up a tree. Usually we go to our beach house immediately after family get together and hang out. Sometimes take boat to gulf stream if weather cooperates. Them Wahoos are usually thick at the break.
Family and friends and just hanging out with a few decorations in house is good with us.
Yes, the tree is up and I have a few decorations outside.
We put up a Christmas tree for grandkids last weekend
Just about done, tree facing road on balcony, one in "she-shed", living room... All up and lit until mid-January...
I was informed last week:
“We have been married 32 years and not once have you ever helped us decorate th3 tree, youre always doing your hunting shît”

I got a couple of boxes of stuff and dumped it out onto the rug and handed it to her.
There…I fuggin helped
We bought a fake tree a couple years ago. I don’t mind it. Cover it in decorations and lights and it’s GTG. But of course, wifey hates it.

Heading out tomorrow night to find a tree to cut down. I’ve had my eye on a couple trees my neighbors have in their yard. It will be a clandestine mission with blacked out face, wearing camo, and carrying a bow saw.

Gonna be fun!

Lol

🦫
Never in the last 18 years.
I'm trying to come up with a clever, funny or poignant response, but all I can think of is Easter.
Don’t you guys have some candles and goat horns to hang up? lol
Originally Posted by Remsen
I'm trying to come up with a clever, funny or poignant response, but all I can think of is Easter.

Space held for Flavor to say you kilt Christ.

Lol

🦫
Buddy of mine…

First year he was married…

Christmas came and went.. all good.

Newly wedded wife started on him about putting the Christmas tree and decorations away…

Hells bells.

It’s deer season still….

Finally he loaded the chit up, drove down the road and threw it all in the ditch.

All good to the next year when it was time to decorate again

😂😂😂😂😂😂
We started today. Earliest we've ever started.
Outside went up today. Tree will go up next week. Some people start around Halloween.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Outside went up today. Tree will go up next week. Some people start around Halloween.
HomeyD started before Halloween.
Originally Posted by slumlord
“We have been married 32 years and not once have you ever helped us decorate th3 tree, youre always doing your hunting shît”

I got a couple of boxes of stuff and dumped it out onto the rug and handed it to her.
There…I fuggin helped

You are like 40yrs old so you been married since you were 8?? Nugget confused
Originally Posted by Remsen

Well...discretion is the better part of valor....
The wife does the decorating, I haven't done anything since 1992 before I moved to my current place. She moved in in 2003 so it will be 19 years.

She does the outside lights around Halloween before it gets too cold for her. Some inside decorations begin to go up after thanksgiving with the big push a week or so later. Haven't been putting up a tree the last few years as Christmas is being held at one or the other of her sons' places.

I'll take down the lights sometime in the spring. I like to wait until it gets light enough in the morning that the lights are no longer helpful to see the steps or the ankle biter as she does her business in the flower garden.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by slumlord

There…I fuggin helped

You are like 40yrs old so you been married since you were 8?? Nugget confused

We start early
Starts tomorrow
About 10-15 Dec, down the 5th of Jan.
The habit of decorating for Christmas right after, or even the day of, Thanksgiving is growing in popularity. At least near where I live. When I was a kid, I don't think we even started it till the morning of Christmas Eve, or maybe a day or two earlier.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The habit of decorating for Christmas right after, or even the day of, Thanksgiving is growing in popularity. At least near where I live. When I was a kid, I don't think we even started it till the morning of Christmas Eve, or maybe a day or two earlier.

That’s cause y’all walked to school, barefooted in the snow. Uphill both ways…

Didn’t have time for Santy Claus….
My internet is dragging, else I'd post some pictures
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That’s cause y’all walked to school, barefooted in the snow. Uphill both ways…

Didn’t have time for Santy Claus….
In my day, that's the way it was, and we liked it. We loved it.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Daughters all grown and gone.

Don't do it anymore.
🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️
we rotate visiting family

When its their turn to visit us, we decorate.

I don't have to decorate again for 2 more years. I do put wreaths on the door but that's it.

I try to do it right when its our turn for the kids.
Put up the tree today pulled it out of the box and set it in the bay window, plugged it in. Done, been doing it this way for several years.
Came home from work today,
Looks like the Christmas spirit barfed all over our house today while I was gone. Lol
There are 4 trees set up in various parts of the house, Christmas music playing , wreath on the door, and on and on.
Green bin is full of pumpkins.
Here ya go scrooges….

Fathead Christmas tree.

Stick it on the wall…

No fuss. No muss.

Done.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
December 10th the decorations can go up, January 1st they are back in the boxes.
© 24hourcampfire