Home
Caught the girls in Dallas last month. For me the highlight of the concert was their performance of this piece. I was hoping for an official live version, but the studio version is still good:

Well, what is that a "piece" of?
Might one just hum the melody please.
5-string basses are 25% better.
Awesome ! Fantastic musicians, there is a lot going on here that the "slow" will never hear while some of us can see the notes in full "color"

My youngest daughter got me into a lot of Japanese metal music when she was studying the language in school

You sure surprised me with this, thought you'd be into Wham or Culture Club, lol !

Totally redeemed yourself, u b aight !
Checked out a couple of their other videos.

They can play a little. They need to get melodic and abandon the bullshit
Yep. Those jap chicks rock. Too bad I didn't know they were had a show in Big D.

Suzuki Method metal?
I'm surprised to see a Band Maid post here!
I got wind of them about a year ago, and I agree with rcmuglia - they can play, but not quite my style - light on music, heavy on formula/theatrics. Plus, the language barrier is tough for me.

Turns out that the music biz in Japan is run much differently in Japan than here. According to my girlfriend, most bands are stage fronts for people you never see playing. Band Maid is a rare exception. Contracts are handled entirely differently too. Basically, they contract (early!) to write and play what they are told to write and play, and this is what sells.

Still, I get a kick out of them. The lead singer (i dont know her name) has a little attitude about the poser bands too, and I can only agree.

They sound pretty good in this live clip. Clean for a live take. Drum and guitar solos start around the 2 minute mark:

Distortion
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Awesome ! Fantastic musicians, there is a lot going on here that the "slow" will never hear while some of us can see the notes in full "color"

My youngest daughter got me into a lot of Japanese metal music when she was studying the language in school

You sure surprised me with this, thought you'd be into Wham or Culture Club, lol !

Totally redeemed yourself, u b aight !
Meh, dat phaggot is dedd & roasting in Hell .. Good fkn riddance !

I'd rather listen to Loudness ! Akira Takasaki is a monster on the six string

Originally Posted by kappa8
Or 25% even worse.
Originally Posted by kappa8
Wouldn't that be 20% better ??

kwg
Tag
20%, better or worse ...
Just a bunch of noise.
Glad you enjoy them. For me it's a hard pass. Gotta love America