Home
One the edge of finished goal 2…

Goal 1 - Update my camera gear to pro quality gear for Stills & Facebook videos for shooting industry reasons, and some personal wildlife photography

Goal 2 - Get my competition rifles built and start competing … 2 last ones to finish and I’m good.

Next year -

Build & test loads at 600 yards and refine my gear as I run the rifles.
I had hope to live another year, getting close!!
I did not. There is still a little tread on the tires of my Harley Davidson. I meant to wear them completely out this year.
I did,i've lost a 100 lbs. since Jan. I hit my goal of 178 lbs.on Nov.17.
I never really set goals, because it’s mostly shît talk and then armchair Walter Brennan teevee watchin’ lazy fugks hold you to those things and use it for ‘gotcha ammunition’ and those types can barely wipe their own asses.

✅about 8 cords of firewood sawn
✅Major surgery complete, 2 -10 lb kidneys removed
✅most pimpin ass garden- like always-canned 94 quarts Tomatoes, 900+ ears corn put up
✅cleared 25 acres of land that had not been bush hogged in YEARS, dug stumps, fencerows, crossings, flood debris- 3 weeks’ work
✅two barns roofed with help of main man Renegade 50
✅news decks and porch for rental property, new cash paying tenant, increased the rent $400+
✅bought our son a $200k condo in another state to complete his masters and PhD in physics-

Still have December

X- Was not able to excavate and lay block for underground root cellar in the bluff
X- Have not yet finished new 2-story set of stairs and double landing at my main work shop.

May abandon December deer hunting and build those stairs. Simply CANNOT compete with ILLEGAL corn baiting bitch ass lazy hicks in grandma’s trailer surround ing our 250 acres.
Nope. I had hoped to not injure myself this year (it's a yearly goal rarely met)
In May I cut the deltoid to my right ankle.
Couple weeks later I fell off a roof shoulder first and tore my rotator cuff, tore ligaments, tore labram, broken shoulder socket.
Then I squatted down to put a DVD in the player and tore my meniscus which Dr ended up removing 80%.

At 52 yrs old I officially plan on becoming a couch potato next year. Should last a week or two.
Originally Posted by MPat70
Nope. I had hoped to not injure myself this year (it's a yearly goal rarely met)
Couple weeks later I fell off a roof shoulder first and tore my rotator cuff, tore ligaments, tore labram, broken shoulder socket.
Then I squatted down to put a DVD in the player and tore my meniscus which Dr ended up removing 80%.

At 52 yrs old I officially plan on becoming a couch potato next year. Should last a week or two.

mains u shood tri to git som dat disruhbillity
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by MPat70

mains u shood tri to git som dat disruhbillity
2 issues right now:
1: even if I try, I'm a White male so it's very difficult with just my minor injuries. In 2015 I was in a wreck. Crushed all ribs on my left side, clasped lung, ruptured spleen, broken left shoulder, collar bone, back in 2 places, hip & left knee cap..... Doctors said I would be out of commission for 1 to 2 years. I tried filing for disability then and was told that I didn't qualify because my injuries weren't severe enough. But bubba double lips can get disability for carpal tunnel.
2: refer to #1

Just buying my time until 62ish.
Originally Posted by superlight17b

Impressive! Big congrats on reclaiming your life. Gotta respect determination like that!
Bought 45 acres that I look at from the front porch in august.Been barred from it since I was 13 killed 2 target bucks plus wifey buck on it this fall.Karma is a beach one of the folks hunted it before tried to ask permission 🤣
Was shooting for a $9 driveway this year, but fell about 95 cents short.
No, but I managed to screw my glove to a 2x6 with my hand in it. Missed the hand tho, so does that count?
Originally Posted by superlight17b

That is very impressive. Congrats!
Not yet, but I still have a month to convince her to let me.
Simply .. no. frown Lot of stuff didn't work out .. timing didn't work out. I needed all the dominoes to fall in order for them to all fall period .. and they didn't. Didn't last year. Didn't the year before. Maybe I'm trying to do too much in too little time? Some good stuff did happen though .. sometimes in windows of opportunity created by the failures. Not much to do but try again next year and keep an eye open for unexpected opportunities when the A-list item falls apart making room for a B-list item to happen. Some of those B-list things this year were pretty damned cool.
Yessir.
I got one year older and hoping for the same next year.
Nope, it is still a crime in Tennessee to carry a loaded firearm.
I prefer to just get to work. Lots to do, not enough time
A year ago today I had my last cigarette after 40 years of smoking.
Hit some. Missed some by a bit. All in all, a good year. I figure if I hit every goal, my goals are too low.
Yes, finally shot a buck with a handgun. I'd killed several does with one, but not a buck.

Next up is to kill a buck with my longbow. Again, killed does with one but never a buck.
I quit setting goals. I wanted to elk hunt until I was at least 80. Ain't going to happen. Now I am only looking forward to get thru another year.
© 24hourcampfire