Home
Posted By: denton Speculation: Musk vs. Apple - 11/28/22
Apple is threatening to remove Twitter from the iPhone store.

Musk has commented that if they do, he will go into the phone business.

High end phones sell for over $1000, and cost less than $100 to make. The technology is well understood, so there are no technical barriers to Musk entering the market.

How might that play out?
Tesla brand is strong. I think a phone would be an absolute winner.
Plenty of people fed up with Apple and Android spying. If Musk enters the market his phone will be a winner - eventually.
Posted By: Diesel Re: Speculation: Musk vs. Apple - 11/28/22
I hope he does it regardless of what apple does.
I hope Musk goes into the phone business.

My iphone 13 mini (purchased this year) is a piece of crap. I have to reboot up to 3 times a day (sometimes I do get lucky and do not have to shut down and restart), at times (daily) letters and numbers have to be hit multiple times for it to eventually work, half the time my password has to be inputted multiple times for it to accept it, many times it does not ring or vibrate on calls, texts, and emails received, and, for some reason, settings get changed without me doing so.

I am pretty sure it will get obliterated by a wall in 2023 and it will not be missed.
Posted By: rong Re: Speculation: Musk vs. Apple - 11/28/22
We need a counter balance to Google,Apple etc
Might be a few bumps in the road,but I think it would be a win.
I’d love to see him do it.

I have no idea what it entails but between his money, brand recognition and all of the phones being sourced out to Asia already. It would seem doable for Musk to outsource a phone contract to China or South Korea and go into the phone business.
Originally Posted by denton
Apple is threatening to remove Twitter from the iPhone store.

Musk has commented that if they do, he will go into the phone business.

High end phones sell for over $1000, and cost less than $100 to make. The technology is well understood, so there are no technical barriers to Musk entering the market.

How might that play out?

App support will be key. Wonder if he would develop his own OS or go with something like linux for mobile devices.

Apple will cave. Guaranteed. Apple is wise enough to know Musk's premise for free speech is the right thing. Apple just has to flex some muscles, let the world know it still has liberal roots and cares about wokeness.
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Apple will cave. Guaranteed. Apple is wise enough to know Musk's premise for free speech is the right thing. Apple just has to flex some muscles, let the world know it still has liberal roots and cares about wokeness.
I think that’s spot on.

Musk in turn is probably just flexing some muscle back to let Apple know that actually following through with the threat wouldn’t be good for them either.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Speculation: Musk vs. Apple - 11/29/22
Musk is a genius! He has that Midas touch!
Originally Posted by MPat70

I luv Mr Musk......whata guy

free speech..........hates dick head joe...fightin' with Apple

I'd buy a Musk phone......have no problems with my Apple 12 though

takes kick ass pics...IPhone 12

Happy BD Mr Denton !

Snow in UR hood ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Happy BD Mr Denton !

Snow in UR hood ?

Luv the guy 🤔 nah, but he does have an above average success rate in his business ventures and will go down in history as one of our pivotal innovators of the 21st century.

But I will also say that I be damned before I let anyone put a computer chip in my head! Just saying!
Q told me today the end goal by the Patriots is to roll out an independent operating system for phones and tablets.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Q told me today the end goal by the Patriots is to roll out an independent operating system for phones and tablets.
Trust the Plan..... WWG1WGA
Hey, I didn’t believe in Q until today. This bitch layed on the lunch table my duty S&W Model 39 from my first tour with the exact s/n, and my current house key.

I have to believe in Q now. I told her I take it as a threat and one wrong move and they would pay dearly.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Lots of room to compete in devices but the Apple ecosystem is something that can't be simply rebuilt and replicated. Its pretty easy for him to buy something existing and try to make it popular and that would make more sense that to build a new brand if you ask me.
Posted By: denton Re: Speculation: Musk vs. Apple - 11/29/22

Happy BD Mr Denton !

Snow in UR hood ?

Yes! We got snow! More coming smile.

Thanks for the BDay wishes.
I’m watching Musk closely and I like what I’m seeing. In this current clown world I believe it’s important….imperative that we actively support those “big shots”, the intellectual movers and shakers that, like Musk, have conservative beliefs and are actively working to disrupt the progressive agenda. A man like Elon gives us conservatives a huge boost of legitimacy with the younger and vacuous millennials. Most people only know what CNN tells them but those idiots do follow Twitter and their entire lives are dictated to them through social media. Musk has a huge following of people that have no clue about politics and they’ll simply follow him and vote as he tells them to vote

I ain’t going to be running out to buy a Tesla right now but we are looking at switching our internet to Starlink because I like the idea of having Starlink access on my bigger boat and I like Elon. If Elon comes out with a phone I’ll gladly dump my iPhone and get a Musk phone.
Posted By: denton Re: Speculation: Musk vs. Apple - 11/29/22
I hadn't heard about Musk's concept model. Very interesting. Brings to mind a historical tale.....

Back in the day, the biggest oscilloscope customer that Tektronix had was IBM. IBM approached Tektronix with a set of specifications that they wanted in a new oscilloscope, including a shape that would fit under an airline seat. Tek demurred, and pointed out that what IBM really wanted was a benchtop oscilloscope with two strong handles on top to facilitate moving it. After a time, IBM called Tek's team in and showed them a complete, working oscilloscope that they had built to the requested specification. They then said, "You can build us what we want, or you can compete with us in the oscilloscope market. Which will it be?" The result was the Tek 453, the best selling oscilloscope in the world at that time. And it fit under an airline seat.

Happy BD Mr Denton !

Snow in UR hood ?

Is that the top of Guardsman’s pass or somewhere down on the LaSals?

Edit- must be the latter. There aren’t any red rocks like that in the background along the Wasatch.
Happy birthday denton!
Musk could certainly leverage Starlink and a phone. Starlink has already joined with T-Mobile. A Musk phone through T-Mobile with Starlink connectivity would be a winner. I’d buy one and I’m thinking of switching to T-Mobile anyway. Verizon coverage has gone to chit. Verizon got into a fight with the largest tower operator and cut the number of towers they are leasing in half. My service has gotten slow and the dropped calls went way up.
Lots of folks are not happy with apple and what they have done with the phones they have been selling,same goes for their updates just for the sake of updates.

Not since microsoft has there been a company that screws up folks that use their products.

I would buy one.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Happy BD Mr Denton !

Snow in UR hood ?

Is that the top of Guardsman’s pass or somewhere down on the LaSals?

Edit- must be the latter. There aren’t any red rocks like that in the background along the Wasatch.

My guess he is looking East and that is the Henry mtns. in the background
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm

And does as it's Bolshevik masters say.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m watching Musk closely and I like what I’m seeing. In this current clown world I believe it’s important….imperative that we actively support those “big shots”, the intellectual movers and shakers that, like Musk, have conservative beliefs and are actively working to disrupt the progressive agenda. A man like Elon gives us conservatives a huge boost of legitimacy with the younger and vacuous millennials. Most people only know what CNN tells them but those idiots do follow Twitter and their entire lives are dictated to them through social media. Musk has a huge following of people that have no clue about politics and they’ll simply follow him and vote as he tells them to vote

I ain’t going to be running out to buy a Tesla right now but we are looking at switching our internet to Starlink because I like the idea of having Starlink access on my bigger boat and I like Elon. If Elon comes out with a phone I’ll gladly dump my iPhone and get a Musk phone.

Yep. Great post.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Happy birthday denton!

Ditto, Denton.

Might want to pump the brakes

Middlefork Miner doesn’t believe Musk is the least bit intelligent.
Musk declares war on Apple calling them “the face of censorship and invader of personal privacy “.

The Street

Beautiful!
© 24hourcampfire