Home
Posted By: Tarkio Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
Was up on the hiline this weekend taking a stab and getting the boy a deer on the last day of the season.

Went north across the river to get a snack and fuel up. At the gas station, a dog follows me back to my truck and tries to hop in with me. Little pup about 2 months old. Typical skinny with a huge belly.

Just couldn't leave him there. So long trip home with him. Puked in the truck 3 or 4 times. Dog absolutely reaked of death. Someone had fed him raw rotten meat.

First vet checkup and shots today. Another round in a couple weeks.

Got to start working on finding him a good home now. Absolutely great pup. Follows you anywhere/everywhere. Just wants some attention and a master. Going to make someone a great dog.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
That was really kind of you to take him on. I hope you find the perfect home for the pup!!
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
"Someone"? Uh huh.... 😉
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
Good guy. Good luck finding him a good living home.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
Thanks for taking him in and caring.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
I hope it makes a good dog!
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
Go drop him off at Sam's place, he loves him a rez dog!
Posted By: RufusG Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
Thread needs pics!
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
Does he look like this? Ours came from a rez in New Mexico.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
We had friends who wanted a rescue dog. They found Franklin in about the same situation and he was the best damn dog anyone ever had. My god that dog wanted to please so badly. He ended up with seizures and had to be put down when the medicine wouldn't help any longer. What a great dog. Thanks for reminding me of him.
Posted By: viking Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
I found a rez dog pup a couple of years ago. Took him in.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
Mark Twain, "if you feed a dog, you have a friend for life, that is the principal difference, between a man, and a dog."
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

Damn right, had 3 of 'em waking me up this morning!

Good on you Tarkio for saving that pup. I see the neglect on a daily basis so have become a little numb to it all but it still bothers me.

And over the years instead of buying Christmas gifts my wife and I donate a little money to a local rescue that is seriously legit.

Wolf Point Pound Puppies is the name of the group, we donate direct but they may have a facebook page for donations if any of you dog lovers are so inclined. They have saved literally hundreds of dogs and cats.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
And I would be curious to see a pic of YOUR new dog!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/29/22
Rez Q Dogs in Ft. Belknap is not a very good outfit.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Damn right, had 3 of 'em waking me up this morning!

Good on you Tarkio for saving that pup. I see the neglect on a daily basis so have become a little numb to it all but it still bothers me.

And over the years instead of buying Christmas gifts my wife and I donate a little money to a local rescue that is seriously legit.

Wolf Point Pound Puppies is the name of the group, we donate direct but they may have a facebook page for donations if any of you dog lovers are so inclined. They have saved literally hundreds of dogs and cats.

I do the same down here on the crow. Freckles and Tomcat Rescue is mostly a 1-woman outfit. Has saved hundreds if not more dogs over the years. She has a group that helps her out regularly. I believe she just got her official status as a 501c3 outfit recently.

I get the immune part.I always try to pack some extra food with me to feed dogs I come across. And every so often I run across 1 that I scoop up and take to Freckles and Tomcat. I giver her some money now and then. Supplies etc that I can.

Last dog I got was a pup I watched hanging around a couple people looking for a handout. Guy was standing there smoking. He reached down with his hand like he was going to feed the dog. Promptly touched its nose with his lit cigarette. Couldn't quite ignore that one.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Evnin, ya I did that once too. Lived with me for 10 years. Good luck!!!! GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣👍🏻
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Jim and Tarkio, shame we can't cull some of these two legged creatures.

Back to a lighter note, our little chihuahua is growing like a weed!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Which one is the chihuahua?
Posted By: bowfisher Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
" Last dog I got was a pup I watched hanging around a couple people looking for a handout. Guy was standing there smoking. He reached down with his hand like he was going to feed the dog. Promptly touched its nose with his lit cigarette. Couldn't quite ignore that one."

That would get my Irish up. Grown man put a lit cigarette to a dogs nose in my vicinity would end up with a broken arm. IDGAF how big he was, I'd well pipe him into a more civilized frame of mind. F'n trash...
The giant white puppy that was the size of a beer can when she got tossed out of a moving vehicle.

My sister in law and the rescuers thought it was a chihuahua puppy when they talked us into taking it..... Uh huh..............

We got bamboozled....lol

The dusty gold dog on the right showed up in our farm neighbors field.

She's a gem, really nice dog.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
The giant white puppy that was the size of a beer can when she got tossed out of a moving vehicle.

My sister in law and the rescuers thought it was a chihuahua puppy when they talked us into taking it..... Uh huh..............

We got bamboozled....lol

Sam that pic I posted of the bat dog earlier the shelter told my son he was a lab mix LOL
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Haha
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Was up on the hiline this weekend taking a stab and getting the boy a deer on the last day of the season.

Went north across the river to get a snack and fuel up. At the gas station, a dog follows me back to my truck and tries to hop in with me. Little pup about 2 months old. Typical skinny with a huge belly.

Just couldn't leave him there. So long trip home with him. Puked in the truck 3 or 4 times. Dog absolutely reaked of death. Someone had fed him raw rotten meat.

First vet checkup and shots today. Another round in a couple weeks.

Got to start working on finding him a good home now. Absolutely great pup. Follows you anywhere/everywhere. Just wants some attention and a master. Going to make someone a great dog.

Why cant he just hang with you for the rest of his life?
Seems to have taken a liking to you.
Crittr, that is too funny......lol!

SC, I am with you, that is Tarkio's dog.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by bowfisher
" Last dog I got was a pup I watched hanging around a couple people looking for a handout. Guy was standing there smoking. He reached down with his hand like he was going to feed the dog. Promptly touched its nose with his lit cigarette. Couldn't quite ignore that one."

That would get my Irish up. Grown man put a lit cigarette to a dogs nose in my vicinity would end up with a broken arm. IDGAF how big he was, I'd well pipe him into a more civilized frame of mind. F'n trash...

I pray I never see anything like that because it would cause me to absolutely lose my fricking mind! I’d probably beat the SOB to death and then have to face the consequences. Good on you, Tarkio for taking in a helpless pup! Stories like that make my day better!
I gotta say, it kills me to see an "apparent " wandering stray. Kudos to tarkio......I just usually toss the dog half of my gas station breakfast sandwich and wish em luck.

WWFD......one has to wonder how Flave would handle a situation like this.
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by SCgman1
I gotta say, it kills me to see an "apparent " wandering stray. Kudos to tarkio......I just usually toss the dog half of my gas station breakfast sandwich and wish em luck.

WWFD......one has to wonder how Flave would handle a situation like this.

That fückwad would probably put out his cigarette on the dog’s nose.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Good on ya for helping that dog 😎

Local rescue story in the news today. The dogs, the one dog especially, were pretty far gone.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/lo...helter-siblings-adoption-love-pups-baby#
Posted By: deflave Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Shoulda shot it.
Originally Posted by deflave
Shoulda shot it.

I stand corrected...my apologies to tide change

WWFtardD
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Hey Sam!

Who owns all them horses south of highway 2 on the road to Vida?
Ho cry you got me there cuzzin'?

Hwy 2 does not go to Vida but 13 does. Brookman's keep their rodeo horses north on the way to Scobey(off 13). Trying to think who would have horses on the way to Vida?
Flave, you ain't aloud to post in dog threads no more

LOL

LOL

Hey man.

I’m like, part of this family too and stuff.
Posted By: BLG Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Shoulda shot it.
Who says he didn’t. Maybe round oak could post up some hero pics.

Clyde
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22

LOL

Hey man.

I’m like, part of this family too and stuff.

And we all make a sacrifice to babysit your ass.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lol

🦫
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hey Sam!

Who owns all them horses south of highway 2 on the road to Vida?

I think I maybe saw them on Sunday. We hunted east of Vida for a while on some bma. Seems like I remember seeing a ig group of horses somewhere. Cant remember if it was Vida area or closer to Circle.

My first thought was a stock contractor. But don't know who that would be there. I wondered if Pinkerton was still raising stock in that area?
Crittr, that is too funny......lol!

SC, I am with you, that is Tarkio's dog.

We have 3 at home already. And we are in the process of buying a puppy for the Mrs. for Christmas.

The pup is a great friendly little schit. I will be perfectly happy to find her a good home though. That will be satisfying for me. And the lady at the rescue I mentioned will help me place her if need be.
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22

We got bamboozled....lol

I know how that goes...

We did a pound rescue.

The pup was supposed to be a "small to medium sized dog".

He started small:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

He grew a good bit in a year or so.

Now look at him:

Small to medium my azz...

Might be all the frozen elk bones I feed him. smile

Posted By: AB2506 Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
I’m not sure how I feel about this story.

Grabbing a dog just because it follows you to your truck? You don’t know if it’s lost or abandoned. The owner can’t find it while you’re caring for it.

I saw it many times where someone found a dog and instead of taking it to the pound or local SPCA. The pound/SPCA are where owners look for their missing dog. These dog finders hold dogs for weeks and seldom find the owner. Turn it in.

Now I know that not every location has functional pounds/SPCA.

Montana must have a higher grade o rez dogs because in Alberta I’ve yet to see a rez dog worth the effort. They’re mostly wild and rarely habituate to close contact with humans. Walking after dark on the Blackfoot reserve is taking a serious risk on your life and limb as the dogs run free and pack up.

Just my perspective after 10 years in animal control.

There are thousands of dogs looking for homes in the US and Canada. We don’t need to rescue dogs from reserves, Mexico, Russia, the greyhound industry or any other place weak minded people feel sorry for the dogs.

Honestly, the best thing we should do is round up these unwanted dogs and euthanize them. Too often I investigated attacks perpetrated by these rescued dogs. Not only were the victims scarred and injured, sometimes permanently, but I felt sorry for some of the adoptive owners who really tried to tame the dogs.

Let’s face it, I’m jaded, but my comments and observations have a lot of validity .
Originally Posted by AB2506

Grabbing a dog just because it follows you to your truck? You don’t know if it’s lost or abandoned. The owner can’t find it while you’re caring for it.

I saw it many times where someone found a dog and instead of taking it to the pound or local SPCA. The pound/SPCA are where owners look for their missing dog. These dog finders hold dogs for weeks and seldom find the owner. Turn it in.

Montana must have a higher grade o rez dogs because in Alberta I’ve yet to see a rez dog worth the effort. They’re mostly wild and rarely habituate to close contact with humans. Walking after dark on the Blackfoot reserve is taking a serious risk on your life and limb as the dogs run free and pack up.

There are thousands of dogs looking for homes in the US and Canada. We don’t need to rescue dogs from reserves, Mexico, Russia, the greyhound industry or any other place weak minded people feel sorry for the dogs.

Honestly, the best thing we should do is round up these unwanted dogs and euthanize them. Too often I investigated attacks perpetrated by these rescued dogs. Not only were the victims scarred and injured, sometimes permanently, but I felt sorry for some of the adoptive owners who really tried to tame the dogs.

Let’s face it, I’m jaded, but my comments and observations have a lot of validity .

Well, you got 1 thing right, you are jaded.

For you to put every rez dog in the same boat shows me you have zero business being involved in animal control any more.

When you can throw a 2 month old pup in the same category as a mature feral dog tells me and everyone here that you haven't a clue.

If you are telling the truth, and have spent any time on a reservation, you know there is a serious issue. And if you take a puppy out of that situation, then guess what? That puppy has a chance to live a good life and be a good dog.
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22

So all of us who have rescued these dogs and given them a home are "weak minded people"..

The fact of the matter is that the pup we rescued is an older dog now, and pretty grey in the muzzle. He sleeps with one of our family members every night and has ever since he was brought home. He has been the best dog I have ever had, and I have had dogs since the 70s. We call him Henry the Happy Hound, because he is the happiest, nicest dog you could ever wish for and he adores his adopted family. He has literally never spent a single night alone either.

But since you were an animal control officer, you know best, and such dogs should be killed..

Definitely can't save a dog from being killed and give it a home. In return have an animal that will watch over and protect its adopted family.

GMAFB.
Posted By: shootem Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

We got bamboozled....lol

I know how that goes...

We did a pound rescue.

The pup was supposed to be a "small to medium sized dog".

He started small:

He grew a good bit in a year or so.

Now look at him:

Small to medium my azz...

Might be all the frozen elk bones I feed him. smile

Good grief. Your baby got a guard dog for sure. Looks like he has come Lab, Spaniel, Pointer and Walker all mixed up. Bound to have a nose.

So all of us who have rescued these dogs and given them a home are "weak minded people"..

The fact of the matter is that the pup we rescued is an older dog now, and pretty grey in the muzzle. He sleeps with one of our family members every night and has ever since he was brought home. He has been the best dog I have ever had, and I have had dogs since the 70s. We call him Henry the Happy Hound, because he is the happiest, nicest dog you could ever wish for and he adores his adopted family. He has literally never spent a single night alone either.

But since you were an animal control officer, you know best, and such dogs should be killed..

Definitely can't save a dog from being killed and give it a home. In return have an animal that will watch over and protect its adopted family.

GMAFB.

That picture winsthe internet tonight Mackay
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
I get it. I’m a sucker for a stray. Got one in the back yard right now. She is an outstanding dog!!!
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22

I just showed my wife that picture and we both chuckled. Our German Shorthair has very similar color and markings but what we were laughing at was how he’s laying on your little girl. Out dog “Kodiak” has to be touching or laying on or leaning against someone. When I’m in the kitchen cooking he’ll always rest his head on our labs back standing perpendicular to her. He has to have contact with another heartbeat. 😂

That literally is one of most stupidest posts I've read here.
Posted By: kennymauser Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
I am no expert on Rez Dogs, but I know of several that were adopted as puppies at Pet Smart in Billings. One started biting the neighborhood kids and had to be put to sleep. Part Pit Bull from what I hear. My youngest son and his wife adopted a real nice little Rez dog puppy at Pet Smart and it was a real pretty brown female German Shepherd looking pup that had a black muzzle --also kind of a Pit Bull face ! That dog was real nice and friendly until it wasn't . If it got reprimanded it's hair would raise up and it would look like it was ready to bite you. I love all kinds of dogs and as far as I am concerned, all dogs are good dogs. After that dog was almost a year old, it got sick and died. Just wasted away. The vets could find nothing wrong with it!
Also, I don't know if any of you guys have seen the news about the pack of wild dogs in Lodge Grass that attacked an old guy pushing his bike and killed him. The people in Lodge Grass,(Crow Reservation) said that there are usually several packs of wild dogs running around the Rez.

Every year the local Veterinarians go to the two reservation nearby and spay the females they can catch. I wouldn't hesitate to bring one home like Tarkio did, but would always keep an eye on the dogs actions when it gets older.
If I was going to pay the fees for a puppy adoption, I would try to stay away from pup from the Crow and Cheyenne reservations.
I know of some people that are real fond od there Rez dogs. I think they are just lucky!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] this rez dog wouldn't hurt a flea.
Posted By: las Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
My son has a "lab-mix" pup that morphed into an 80 lb pit pull. BWell, Blaze is black with a white chest blaze, anyway.

His newest dog was a "Dachshund mix" (well, reddish brown anyway), that morphed into a black mouth cur mix? About 45 lbs worth.

He's not much good at judging for himself a dog's possible ancestry... smile
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22

I guess you haven’t read your own posts?

I guess you haven’t read your own posts?

Your from Canada, no explanation needed dumfuqk
Posted By: CCCC Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Bless all of you who provide a good life to these once unfortunate pups - may they enrich you.
After some sober reflection this morning I still think you should have shot it.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22

That dog makes me laugh!, LMAO!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
One of the best dogs I’ve known was an AZ rez find.

I’m sure it was a fluke. Most rez mutts are like everything else on a rez. Retarded.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
On all of you guys giving a pup a good life!!

Lotta schitbyrd humans on this rock for sure.
99% of em need to be gone.
Posted By: viking Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
I was driving through the Rosebud rez last week, Mission SD maybe? As I motored on, I glanced over to my left. There I saw a dog laying by some garage cans dead? Or sleeping? I don’t know. It was a weird place to be resting/sleeping. I’m pretty sure it was dead and they were throw it out with the trash. Sick Fuqks.

Yesterday I was driving through the MHA and saw a peculiar sight. I thought it was a buzzard walking on the shoulder of the highway with its wings spread. Nope. It was a Rez dog carrying a piece of frozen hide that was 3-4 feet long. Either that or someone is missing a leg.
Here is the pupper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Cute little rasqule!
Posted By: skeen Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Here is the pupper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That is a good lookin' pup, Tarkio.

I'm of the opinion there's a special place in hell for people who are cruel to dogs.
Posted By: wmlj Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by skeen
Here is the pupper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That is a good lookin' pup, Tarkio.

I'm of the opinion there's a special place in hell for people who are cruel to dogs.

This^^
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Looks can be deceiving but I like the looks of that pup--it would be a tough one to pass up.

My gal and I drove through the Navajo reservation twice last week. She had to put her dog down last year. I was afraid we would end up with a Injun dog before the trip was over. Every time I saw a dog along the road I would try and divert her attention--"Look at that cougar sitting on the rock over there!" "My, ain't those clouds purty?"............

Here is the pupper.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
That pup would have found a home if it found me.
Posted By: 673 Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Here is the pupper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Looks like a good little guy, good on you for taking him home.
The pup is even napping on Flave's old rifle in the 1 picture
The gun Flave would of shot him with?
Alot of Rez dogs go missing around here and wind up in good homes.
It is common for a dog to be tied to a tree, 100 fugging degrees and no water mad
Originally Posted by 673
The gun Flave would of shot him with?

So he says.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Cute,,,,,,,,,,,,,, your [bleep] GWP. 👍🏻🐾👣🐾👣🐾👣🐾👣🐾👣👍🏻🇨🇦
Posted By: shootinurse Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Here is the pupper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Now there's a real killer for you. Rather, killing your heart. Definitely a cute, loving little rascal. You may as well keep him. We've had as many as six dogs at once. all indoors. Five would be no big deal. whistle
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Nice damn job!

Gotta give em a chance once in a while.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Beautiful pup. I swore off any more dogs after losing our last one, but if I was closer to Montana I would take it off your hands.

Hey! The Bergara!
Originally Posted by 673
The gun Flave would have shot him with?

I’d not use a .308 to put a dog down.

I prefer a 12 gauge loaded with 4’s.
Posted By: barm Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Here is the pupper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Cute little guy!
That's a good looking pup Tarkio, you done good scooping him up.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Watch out for puppy logs in the dark. laugh

Hey! The Bergara!

Yep.

Cooper laid claim to it. He hunts with it. He is young, fit and strong so packing that anchor doesn't bother him.

He did remover your sticker though and it is now plastered on my pickup dash. So I am forced to think of you daily when I see it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
No way I could take home a stray.

My dogs would make a fugk toy out of it
Originally Posted by slumlord

Pup is in the shop. Quarantined.

He is of course wormy. And lord knows what else. So they are all separated.

Vet visit yesterday was the first step.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by slumlord

Pup is in the shop. Quarantined.

He is of course wormy. And lord knows what else. So they are all separated.

Vet visit yesterday was the first step.

This calls for pictures of some round worms.

🥴🦫
Amazingly enough, his is clear right now. But his belly is enlarged and has fluid. Got wormed yesterday so he should be improving.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 11/30/22
Cute little tyke. That should work in his favor placing him.
Posted By: shootem Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 12/01/22
Better watch out. That brown pup’s got a landing net behind him.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 12/01/22
Mack, LOL!

You have us beat with that lunker pooch!

Tarkio, I recognize that pup's uncle....
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 12/01/22
Mack, LOL!

You have us beat with that lunker pooch!

Tarkio, I recognize that pup's uncle....

I bet you do.
Posted By: Ramdiesel Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 12/01/22

That looks like our Rez dog from Northern Arizona. Really good dog, smart as heck. My teenage sons have taught her all kinds of tricks. Got a great personality and loves to play fetch with tennis balls and dog toy frisbees.
Posted By: WAM Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 12/01/22
[quote=crittrgittr]Go drop him off at Sam's place, he loves him a rez dog!

Last dog I got was a pup I watched hanging around a couple people looking for a handout. Guy was standing there smoking. He reached down with his hand like he was going to feed the dog. Promptly touched its nose with his lit cigarette. Couldn't quite ignore that one.

Tell us how you beat the starch out of that scumbag or turned in your man card…
Posted By: EdM Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by 673
The gun Flave would have shot him with?

I’d not use a .308 to put a dog down.

I prefer a 12 gauge loaded with 4’s.

I went the 358 Win. Tough little bastard.

Posted By: deflave Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by EdM
I went the 358 Win. Tough little bastard.

Hey nice shootin', Ed.

Always fun to send one to the big "Bark free zone" in the sky.
Posted By: viking Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 12/01/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Rez Dog Rescue - 12/02/22
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel

That looks like our Rez dog from Northern Arizona. Really good dog, smart as heck. My teenage sons have taught her all kinds of tricks. Got a great personality and loves to play fetch with tennis balls and dog toy frisbees.

Looks a little more British than res.

Bb
© 24hourcampfire