Home
Over this past Thanksgiving weekend, I had my daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids over. We all met up with my other daughter, son-in-law, and their family, and had a massive traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Anyway, for a somewhat tender moment, I wanted to share this photo with you all. My wife just had to get up early last Saturday, while everyone was still asleep. I only got up because my dog Reggie came into the master bedroom and got me up. Little baby Carter got up and started fussing. I told my daughter & son-in-law, that I'm up and to go back to bed.

What you are seeing in this photo, is baby Carter (11 months old) looking out the front door, with my dog Reggie (a 2 yr old brindle colored Pitbull/Lab mix) watching over the whole situation. He is so good with my 3 grandkids, it's incredible! grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'll go ahead and comment....

Dogs are smart. They are way smarter than we think. They know who is who, who is family, and who is a nasty criminal, wanting to start some sh**
Reggie won’t take him for a walk without a leash.
Every kid should have a GOOD dog. Great photo!
good dogs are very protective of children
My comment: You are blessed.
My 3 grandkids fell in love with Reggie this Thanksgiving weekend! smile

The oldest, 4 year old Freya, went with me and we "walked" Reggie. I had a death grip of main section of the leash while Freya carried the handle. Reggie is... Reggie... He is 75 lbs, built like an Ox, and will pull you right out of your shoes if you are not careful. There was NO WAY that I would let a 4 yr old have full control of the leash! eek

My wife took this photo of us, coming back up on the front walk way to the house...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Looks like they're gonna make a break for it!
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Looks like they're gonna make a break for it!
LOL... Not hardly. I have a "death grip" on the leash, and would NEVER let go.
© 24hourcampfire