Home
dropped like a sack o tators !
This took place about 50 miles from me. The lesson to be learned is don't mess with big ol' corn fed country boys and think there won't be consequences.
Karen meats Redneck

Karen may think twice before hitting Mr Redneck again.

kudos for Mr Redneck
He Protected himself against the Aggressive Karen

This happened to me way back when I was young and Stupid
I had a Lady literally run me off the road. So I chased her all the way to her home and followed her up to her door.
Her Husband came out and cleaned my clock but good.
I went home to my dad and told him what happened.
my Dad was a quiet man but hearing what happened to me he told me take me to that persons house.

We got in the car and went to the lady's house.

It ended up being a 20+ year close friend of my dads

We talked a bit he apologized I apologized and we got on with our Lives.

I taught me to think twice before you do Stupid stuff.
Not saying that thinking twice about something ever stopped me from doing Stupid stuff.
It just slowed me down from doing Stupid stuff some times.
Scream and lose your $hit all you want. Assault someone and it's Game On.
Quick reflexes. Edk
That dude dropped like a gut shot fawn!
This is what I call a Toyota moment.
You wanna see a road rage incident, watch Unhinged with Russel Crowe, you'll never honk your horn at someone again.
The guy in the blue got what he deserved.

He started by shoving the man into his truck door, I would have hit him right there and then as I consider what he was doing assault. I do not like men putting their hands on me, and will not tolerate it, ever.

Then he became irrational and smacked his phone out of his hand, how are you supposed to know what he will do next? Time to end it there fo sure.

Moral to the story, do not mess with a man that knows how to throw a solid left hook!
Originally Posted by killerv
You wanna see a road rage incident, watch Unhinged with Russel Crowe, you'll never honk your horn at someone again.

Oh yeah. You could very well get the wrong person on the wrong day.
Rufous looking for beer?
Looks like he found out
That was a Tyson KO
Guy on the ground is a snowflake woke liberal. Book it.

He just didn't know how deep the water was before he jumped in.
I bet Karen soiled his leggings.
I found that vid very satisfying.
In 2022, words are violence, but fists are still violence-ier.
Great example of what FAFO means đŸ‘đŸ»
Stupid game’s stupid prizes.
Well that went bad in a hurry,
Every day I have road rage and get out of my car to slap phones out of big guy's hands. They always then change thier attitude and admit their driving was bad.
Lmao

Dude drumming them legs like a jellyhead tom turkey
Getting out of the pickup is an escalation.

Probably OK on the left hook response to the attacker wearing tights in public.

Unlikely in a sane world that most men would accost anyone that looked like the pickup driver.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Every day I have road rage and get out of my car to slap phones out of big guy's hands. They always then change thier attitude and admit their driving was bad.

Now when you say it like that it just seems illogical......lol
Dang, that wicked fast short left hook.

Not that old boy's first rodeo.
So what happens if the guy dies because his head hit the pavement - concussion, brain bleed, whatever. Is this possibly manslaughter, or something else? You never know how a DA is going to look at this. I don't think you can count on every DA looking at it and saying "Oh yeah, fully justified. No charges." Hell, there could be a horrendous civil suit depending on the injuries.

Yeah, FAFO. Maybe for both of them.
Ouch

Road rage is stupid I do my absolute best not to engage

That dude found out the hard way that’s scary [bleep] right there but I don’t blame the dude for punching him
Originally Posted by grouseman
So what happens if the guy dies because his head hit the pavement - concussion, brain bleed, whatever. Is this possibly manslaughter, or something else? You never know how a DA is going to look at this. I don't think you can count on every DA looking at it and saying "Oh yeah, fully justified. No charges." Hell, there could be a horrendous civil suit depending on the injuries.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Kill all of the witnesses
Good lesson here for both.

Just....don't...
I know a guy that got out of his vehicle to confront a bicyclist that bumped his car in downtown traffic. Cyclist hit him in the head with a sap.

Some kind of mesh installed in his skull, but survived.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Kill all of the witnesses

Dunno...they all look like they work out!
Getting out of his pick up was not the best thing to do, but it was NOT an escalation. Simply getting out to discuss the issues.
The other guy? Well....FAFO!
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Getting out of his pick up was not the best thing to do, but it was NOT an escalation. Simply getting out to discuss the issues.

Unless there was accident/injury already - there's no reason to "discuss issues" - that's escalation.
Originally Posted by Teal

Unless there was accident/injury already - there's no reason to "discuss issues" - that's escalation.

It wasn't considered escalation here and no charges were filed.
They guy who hit the asphalt was clearly the aggressor, trying to, well, who knows?

He FAFO'd. Probably won't be doing that again any time soon.
Thirty years ago three trucks had a situation where I-68 runs into I-70.
Two from a Gypsie outfit and a Roadway.
They all stopped, Big R in front. Other guys walking up to beat his ass.

Big R rolled out shooting, one driver died.

Two lives destroyed over how a merge was performed in a difficult place.
F'n stupid.

Easy to say that when I'm not pissed,😎

Few years back a couple knuckle heads spent the day drinking, then got in an argument over football. (Stupid, stupid, and stupid!)

One pushed the other just carrying on.
His drunkard buddy tripped on a curbstop and hit his head.
Died in a few days.

DA tried him for some death charge, 10ish years.

Sometimes, bad stuff just happens.
Folks don't always see it th at way.
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
They guy who hit the asphalt was clearly the aggressor, trying to, well, who knows?

He FAFO'd. Probably won't be doing that again any time soon.

Wonder what was worse.
The jaw, the head,
Or the arse chewing when that heifer drove him home from the hospital?
Nice quick pop.

When someone corners you against your car in a rage, then violently knocks something out of your hand while remaining in a hostile posture, you are permitted in the law to neutralize him with anything short of the kind of force reasonably calculated to be lethal or to create serious bodily injury. A single punch to the face (even if it might cause death or serious bodily injury) is not considered force calculated to bring about death or serious bodily injury, but rather calculated to neutralize any further aggression from the attacker.
Good explanation (as usual) TRH.
What I want to know is .... where in the hell are all these cameras that keep capturing all the action?
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
What I want to know is .... where in the hell are all these cameras that keep capturing all the action?

They are quite literally all around you (and me)! When I leave the confines of my home I operate under the assumption that everything I’m doing is being recorded
.because it is!

We’re living in a dangerous time of constant monitoring and intrusion by the state.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
We’re living in a dangerous time of constant monitoring and intrusion by the state.
Yes.
LOL Dumb ass got his just reward.

My grandfather was an admirer of beer. When he was older, he lost sight in one eye and couldn't hardly see out of the other so he quit driving and instead, he made a daily pilgrimage down to the corner store to get his 6 pack. One day as he was walking home, some young gang banger wanna-bes stopped their car and jumped out in an attempt to take his beer and wallet. My Grandfather was a professional boxer (Lew Jenkins). Those three teenagers got an ass whooping, a-la Second-Hand Lions, that I'm sure they are still talking about nearly 40 years later.

Moral of the story, don't fight old men. If they can, they'll kick your ass. If they can't they'll shoot ya!
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

My grandfather was an admirer of beer. When he was older, he lost sight in one eye and couldn't hardly see out of the other so he quit driving and instead, he made a daily pilgrimage down to the corner store to get his 6 pack. One day as he was walking home, some young gang banger wanna-bes stopped their car and jumped out in an attempt to take his beer and wallet. My Grandfather was a professional boxer (Lew Jenkins). Those three teenagers got an ass whooping, a-la Second-Hand Lions, that I'm sure they are still talking about nearly 40 years later.

Moral of the story, don't fight old men. If they can, they'll kick your ass. If they can't they'll shoot ya!
One of the hardest hitting lightweights, ever.
Nice shot!
Originally Posted by 160user
That dude dropped like a gut shot fawn!
I didnt see him run off to a water source
Joking aside, i enjoyed the video
The aggressor has a glass jaw.lol
BOOM!

If the driver behaved aggressively or violently when he got out then it would be escalation.
Since he didn't, it wasn't.
And that's the way I'd have looked at in my law enforcement days.
In defense of your position I can see some karen type leo in one of our more liberal schit hole cities agreeing with you.
Lets see
Aggressor #1 follows a guy that did something wrong in his mind
We can call him Jello Boy.
Then Jello Boy Gets out of his Vehicle and charges up to the Guy that he felt did something wrong.
Aggressor #2 Gets out of his Vehicle to discuss what Jello Boy Aggressor #1 wanted to talk about.

Then Jello Boy Aggressor #1 smacks the Good Old Boy Aggressor #2 phone out of his hand.

And the Good Old Boy Pops Jello Boy
And we are Commenting on what the Good Old Boy Aggressor #2 did.

This was Jello Boy's Aggressor #1's entire fault.
If he would have just let the Good Old Boy Go on his way this would not have happened.
And If Jello Boy would not have charged the Good Old Boy's Vehicle This would not have happened.
And If Jello Boy Would not have smacked the Good Old Boy's Phone out of his hand This Would not have happened.

The Good Old Boy
3 Strikes and your out and turned into Jello.
Lmao

That made me laugh out loud, so true.
Guy in the brown shoes sure got into the mans space....dammm
Jello legs should be glad guy didn’t double tap him with a Glock
Is the dude that got knocked out wearing tights?
Lmao

It was his body's way of telling him to stay in his vehicle and to stop accosting people. lol
Dashcam caught the action but it was avoidable drama for the good guy if he'd stayed inside his truck.

Everyone has lost perspective on what a minor offence deserves as a response on the internet and then they take that attitude to the streets...
Pissing in your skinny jeans isn't a good look!
Good night.
Based on the narrative provided in the video and the video footage itself, it appears that two A#1 a-holes met in public. One of the a-holes got physically aggressive and then the other a-hole responded appropriately and laid him out. I can't determine from the video or the story who if any is a "good ole boy" and who is a Karen. It seems, from the narrative, either one could be either one or both could be either one.

I got news for people, pick the guy you pile on most on this forum. The guy who threw that punch could very well be "that guy". Either way, in my opinion, I think he was justified in laying out the other guy. That's just my take. However, I am open to the fact I could be wrong. If you don't believe me, ask the homunculus from Alaska.
When you have to punch, punch!

Don't slap.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

When someone corners you against your car in a rage, then violently knocks something out of your hand while remaining in a hostile posture, you are permitted in the law to neutralize him with anything short of the kind of force reasonably calculated to be lethal or to create serious bodily injury. A single punch to the face (even if it might cause death or serious bodily injury) is not considered force calculated to bring about death or serious bodily injury, but rather calculated to neutralize any further aggression from the attacker.

Andrew Branca would certainly phrase it that way. But would you want to gamble your life that the jury will see it that way?
And the 2022 Haymaker Of The Year Award goes to.........
Originally Posted by High_Noon
He was that kid in Southpark ...same hat !
Looks to be. That or skinny jeans.
Just wearing skinny jeans warrents a stiff tap like that,,Now go to sleep an wake ,put some real jeans on,,
Lmao

LMMAO!!
There’s audio in this video. Hard to hear, but you can make out a good part of the dialogue after the boy hits the ground.

https://usacrime.com/man-knocked-out-seizure-arkansas-road-rage/
Well here is my unsolicited take. The slugger is left handed and positioned himself where he could effectively Knock the schit out of the skinny jeans guy. He knew something might happen and he put himself in a favorable position to hit the guy hard on the jaw. The skinny jeans guy was/is a dumbass. Would I have hit him? Yes. Would I have cared about my possible legal issues? No. Where I live in Johnson county I doubt I would have had to go down town and explain what happened.
Originally Posted by hosfly
Just wearing skinny jeans warrents a stiff tap like that,,Now go to sleep an wake ,put some real jeans on,,

Wonder if he pissed his pants while laying there jiggling.
Originally Posted by rickt300
Well here is my unsolicited take. The slugger is left handed and positioned himself where he could effectively Knock the schit out of the skinny jeans guy. He knew something might happen and he put himself in a favorable position to hit the guy hard on the jaw. The skinny jeans guy was/is a dumbass. Would I have hit him? Yes. Would I have cared about my possible legal issues? No. Where I live in Johnson county I doubt I would have had to go down town and explain what happened.

This, because you wouldn't have expected him to keel over like that. Neither did the guy that tapped him.
I was sitting here wondering -

did the skinny jeans work like compression stockings, and help keep the blood flowing to that feeble little brain?
Stupid roadside fight. He's lucky the guy didn't have a fractured skull, followed by death. Stupid two ways.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

This, because you wouldn't have expected him to keel over like that. Neither did the guy that tapped him.

I would have expected him to hit the ground for sure. Done it before. I boxed in high school and College. The point really is the slugger thought about hitting the guy before he did.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Stupid roadside fight. He's lucky the guy didn't have a fractured skull, followed by death. Stupid two ways.

Nothing wrong with a fight once in a while. Some people are just waiting around hoping for some jackass to knock the schit out of.
Justified, but coulda easily cost him thousands in legal fees.

I dunno what events led him to decide to stop and get out of the truck, nor do I know how bad his driving transgression was if there was one.
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
I found that vid very satisfying.

Me too. You mess with the bull and you are going to get the horn. More people should be aware of this.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I dunno what events led him to decide to stop and get out of the truck, nor do I know how bad his driving transgression was if there was one.

So if someone was following you around yelling and flipping you off you would drive into a police department parking lot?
Originally Posted by colodog
Dashcam caught the action but it was avoidable drama for the good guy if he'd stayed inside his truck.

Everyone has lost perspective on what a minor offence deserves as a response on the internet and then they take that attitude to the streets...
Everyone has lost perscetive of pushing things your passive bullschit
Wow, from a short left hook, hit the ground like a sucked dick !!

MM
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie
This took place about 50 miles from me. The lesson to be learned is don't mess with big ol' corn fed country boys and think there won't be consequences.

No the lesson to be learned is, don't start no schiet wouldn't be no shciet.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

So if someone was following you around yelling and flipping you off you would drive into a police department parking lot?

If there was one available? Absolutely. Wouldn’t you?

The two times in my nearly 50 years of driving I’ve had a PO’d driver pulling alongside gesturing at me I just didn’t respond, looked at them briefly when I had to with no expression. It seemed to work.

Having a guy get out of his vehicle in stopped traffic where I couldn’t drive away is a different situation. Not sure the safest way of handling it.

The first justified use of a CHL in Texas was in 1995 when a driver had a big angry Samoan guy walk up to his stalled pickup truck in traffic and start punching him through the open driver’s side window. The driver shot and killed said Samoan from inside his truch, wasn’t charged.
The guy hitting the pavement is 99% of the fire faithful.

All mouth.

LOL
Originally Posted by losttrail60

All mouth.

LOL
Don't you spend 99% of your time here shrieking at Jag?
Dotted his eye.
Skinny pants and they looked cool quivering like a head shot squirrel. I don’t blame the old guy for jumping out of the truck as I’m not going to be sitting down with my body facing forward in a truck when someone wants to discuss something. I think he screwed up letting skinny pants back him into the corner but made up for it with the left hook to the jaw. Watch out for old guys they have seen a thing or two.

All mouth.

LOL
I think you might just have that backwards buddy. Ol’ skinny pants is real similar to you yapping yard [bleep] coming on here flapping your lips with nothing to back it up with. Lol
My question, why was his heifer hollering call 911? She had a phone in her hand đŸ€Ș

Skinny pants is lucky the guy didn’t start stomping him while he was down. There was a time when that was standard practice in a fight.
The older guy was considerate enough to drive skinny pants dip stick right up next to the front door of the urgent care.
Wonder if he suspected someone might be needing their services?

All mouth.

LOL

Where at in MT are you by the way?

The key word here is “ corners”. The guy that threw the punch did not appear to be “cornered”.

There are several States that have “Duty to Retreat” laws, Arkansas being one of them.

“Duty to Retreat” means just that.

A state with a form of a “duty to retreat” policy expects individuals to attempt to retreat from imminent danger by running away or escaping the situation. If the individual is physically incapable of fleeing the situation, the use of deadly force can be considered self defense. If a person is cornered or physically restrained and facing bodily injury or death, they are then authorized to use whatever force necessary to protect themselves, including deadly force.

https://scharfflawfirm.com/self-defense-laws-u-s/

The driver stopped and got out of his truck, he did not retreat( drive away).

I suspect there might be legal consequences coming his way.
Originally Posted by steve4102
There are several States that have “Duty to Retreat” laws, Arkansas being one of them.

A state with a form of a “duty to retreat” policy expects individuals to attempt to retreat from imminent danger by running away or escaping the situation. If the individual is physically incapable of fleeing the situation, the use of deadly force can be considered self defense. If a person is cornered or physically restrained and facing bodily injury or death, they are then authorized to use whatever force necessary to protect themselves, including deadly force.

Why did you cut this line from your copy and paste trick?

“Duty to retreat” laws specifically pertain to the use of deadly force"

All mouth.

LOL

another Biden voting vaxtard schitbag opens his mouth and spews diarrhea.
Ban Asphalt.
Did that seizure guy have on skinny jeans? Or Yoga pants?

Ron
The first justified use of a CHL in Texas was in 1995 when a driver had a big angry Samoan guy walk up to his stalled pickup truck in traffic and start punching him through the open driver’s side window. The driver shot and killed said Samoan from inside his truch, wasn’t charged.[/quote]

have a friend that had the same thing happen to him, he didn't shoot the guy but he did bend his elbow back the other way

Similar story with my cousin in Roundup, Montana. The family was at a diner having dinner and some loudmouth kept running his mouth with all sorts of foul language. My cousin asked him to cut out his cursing. The fellow continued to curse and my cousin walked over to him, grabbed him by the collar and pulled him off his chair. Then he explained how he would beat him senseless if he didn’t shut up, causing the malefactor to piss his pants.

My cousin resumed his meal without throwing a single punch. However, he did box extensively in golden gloves in the 1950’s and his brother did punch Cassius Clay in the face a few years earlier in a Golden Gloves match before the 1960 Olympics

I am 71 and have never been in an altercation with a stranger.
It takes two to tango, and they will eventually find each other.
Originally Posted by JeffA

§ 1047.7 Use of deadly force.
(a) Deadly force means that force which a reasonable person would consider likely to cause death or serious bodily harm.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
He was that kid in Southpark ...same hat !

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
kid was in the car with the guy who got knocked the f out.....kid will never say "my dad can beat up your dad."
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
There’s audio in this video. Hard to hear, but you can make out a good part of the dialogue after the boy hits the ground.

He did have a big bevy of beefy beauties to be strutting for.
The guy in the pickup wasn't trapped, he was in a parking lot and could have driven right out into the road. That is what he should have done.
The other driver couldn't fight, but he might have pulled a gun. "Mr. Boxer" didn't know if he was unarmed.

Two dumbasses sought each other out, solved nothing and didn't make the world a better place.
The guy in the pickup wasn't trapped, he was in a parking lot and could have driven right out into the road. That is what he should have done.
The other driver couldn't fight, but he might have pulled a gun. "Mr. Boxer" didn't know if he was unarmed.

Two dumbasses sought each other out, solved nothing and didn't make the world a better place.

Maybe in 2022, but in the days of this man, you had better keep your mouth shut or you could get seriously hurt.

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
And out of nowhere, a pack of Sow hogs descend upon that guy.

đŸŠ«

I was literally about to post the same thing.

Desperate housewives syndrome.

đŸŠ«
Entertainment value of the video aside, this thread is extremely interesting from a sociological perspective.

In the not-so-long ago (1985ish and back) in the USA (and Canada as well, I imagine), one didn't have the right to get in someone's face, insult and provoke them, and, so long as the aggressor didn't touch the other person, experience no negative consequences.

In other words, one didn't have the right to be an azzhole without repercussions.

It wasn't in the legal code, but it was part of living in a civil society. Most learned this on the playgrounds, schoolbuses, and vacant lots across the country. Kids learned how to be civil by experiencing, or at least witnessing firsthand, the school of hard knocks.

I graduated from high school in 1986. Fights were a fairly regular occurrence in elementary and middle school, rarer, but still occurred, in high school. Nobody was ever seriously injured, and nobody was expelled, or even severely disciplined for a simple fistfight/ground grapple struggle.

But we learned not to be azzholes to others, or someone would come along and teach us some manners.

That hasn't been the case in schools for at least 30-35 years. And we have adult-aged children, like Mx. Skinny Jeans, who get well into their 20's or 30's and have never learned that lesson.

And then, eventually, they do.

Mx. Skinny Jeans is lucky he only received a concussion and some stitches learning his lesson. It could have been bullets and the morgue.
"He can happen to anyone"

Entertainment value of the video aside, this thread is extremely interesting from a sociological perspective.

In the not-so-long ago (1985ish and back) in the USA (and Canada as well, I imagine), one didn't have the right to get in someone's face, insult and provoke them, and, so long as the aggressor didn't touch the other person, experience no negative consequences.

In other words, one didn't have the right to be an azzhole without repercussions.

It wasn't in the legal code, but it was part of living in a civil society. Most learned this on the playgrounds, schoolbuses, and vacant lots across the country. Kids learned how to be civil by experiencing, or at least witnessing firsthand, the school of hard knocks.

I graduated from high school in 1986. Fights were a fairly regular occurrence in elementary and middle school, rarer, but still occurred, in high school. Nobody was ever seriously injured, and nobody was expelled, or even severely disciplined for a simple fistfight/ground grapple struggle.

But we learned not to be azzholes to others, or someone would come along and teach us some manners.

That hasn't been the case in schools for at least 30-35 years. And we have adult-aged children, like Mx. Skinny Jeans, who get well into their 20's or 30's and have never learned that lesson.

Mx. Skinny Jeans is lucky he only received a concussion and some stitches learning his lesson. It could have been bullets and the morgue.

THIS

Well said.

I was literally about to post the same thing.
Then you should have seen my reply.

§ 1047.7 Use of deadly force.
(a) Deadly force means that force which a reasonable person would consider likely to cause death or serious bodily harm.
Arkansas probably has a $1,000 limit for felony level theft or vandalism and phones these days can easily get there out-of-the-box. The contents can be even more valuable. Deliberately knocking a valuable phone out of his hand should be considered assault.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard

He did have a big bevy of beefy beauties to be strutting for.

Sitka you reeeealy missed a golden opportunity to use “bloviating” here

An azzwipe got royally and deservedly cold cocked - it was awesome!
Then you should have seen my reply.
Steve, the two go together. It's a standard legal formula, i.e., death or serious bodily injury, but only within appropriate context.

If the blow was deemed unjustified (for example, you just walked up to someone and clocked him), and he died or suffered serious bodily injury, you'd be charged as if your intent were death or serious bodily injury, but that standard doesn't apply in the context of force used in self-defense, i.e., such as when you are cornered and struck by an aggressor. In that case, you apply the standards appropriate for self-defense against an unarmed attacker, i.e., you are justified in the application of force sufficient to neutralize further aggression, but short of that degree of force reasonably considered to be calculated to bring about serious injury or death. But in the context of actions in self-defense, it doesn't matter what degree of injury your actions actually cause. All that matters in that context is reasonable intent, i.e., would a reasonable person believe that your actions in self-defense were calculated to bring about serious injury or death (e.g., put the aggressor in the critical care ward or the graveyard). A singular punch to the face would not meet that standard in the context of an action carried out in self-defense, even if the result was death or serious bodily injury.

Different standards apply depending on justification, i.e., whether one is in the right or in the wrong.
Arkansas probably has a $1,000 limit for felony level theft or vandalism and phones these days can easily get there out-of-the-box. The contents can be even more valuable. Deliberately knocking a valuable phone out of his hand should be considered assault.
Not should be. Is. He forcefully struck his hand. That's assault. A reasonable person struck in that context would believe that he was under attack and that actions in self-defense were called for.
The biggest problem I see is all the conversation around whether it's legal or not to cold cock and azzhole that's in your face. Shouldn't even be a concern. If cops legally "reasonably fear for their safety" inside of 21' why is this even a question of whether the guy was a threat?
FAFO winner

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Well said.

To further this point
It was also assumed, back in the 80’s-90’s that if someone being an idiot, caught the fat end of the stick. The person giving out the behavioral adjustment wasn’t going to be arrested and possibly prosecuted.

Fast forward to now - as you can tell from the mannerisms of the ‘Slugger Dude’ he looks worried that he hurt the guy to the point he’ll be going for a backseat car ride with the police.

Psychologist, helicopter mom & dads, and individuals who raised a generation of participation trophy winners, don’t like it when their offspring win this kind of award. They expect justice for their kids clown behavior.

đŸŠ«
The guy throwing the punch should thank his lucky stars that fall didn't kill or permanently incapacitate the punchee. He may not have been charged, but he's still subject to a lot of hassle, legal fees and a probable civil suit. I don't know if a jury would see that film like the manly brutes here on the fire. Does smacking a cellphone out of a man's hand justify being killed? And nobody knows what led up to this altercation.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Similar story with my cousin in Roundup, Montana. The family was at a diner having dinner and some loudmouth kept running his mouth with all sorts of foul language. My cousin asked him to cut out his cursing. The fellow continued to curse and my cousin walked over to him, grabbed him by the collar and pulled him off his chair. Then he explained how he would beat him senseless if he didn’t shut up, causing the malefactor to piss his pants.

My cousin resumed his meal without throwing a single punch. However, he did box extensively in golden gloves in the 1950’s and his brother did punch Cassius Clay in the face a few years earlier in a Golden Gloves match before the 1960 Olympics

No saying your cousin was wrong. He did however commit assault and could have been charged.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
The guy throwing the punch should thank his lucky stars that fall didn't kill or permanently incapacitate the punchee. He may not have been charged, but he's still subject to a lot of hassle, legal fees and a probable civil suit. I don't know if a jury would see that film like the manly brutes here on the fire. Does smacking a cellphone out of a man's hand justify being killed? And nobody knows what led up to this altercation.

So you have hid under chairs all your life, never been in a fight? Do you have any skills whatsoever?
Not should be. Is. He forcefully struck his hand. That's assault. A reasonable person struck in that context would believe that he was under attack and that actions in self-defense were called for.
He also possibly damaged the guys phone.
The guy has never been punched out before, should of happened in grade 5, then he would of known to step into another mans comfort zone, then getting physical, good knockout.

So you have hid under chairs all your life, never been in a fight? Do you have any skills whatsoever?

I would have just put a round in his skull and went on my way.
Instant Karma

Thank you buckhaggard. As a paramedic I worked 2 cases where the patient fell over, or got knocked over in a parking lot, hit his head hard on the asphalt like this guy did. But my 2 patients got fractured skulls and died. It can happen.

Had this guy in the story died, boxer guy would have gotten hit with a massive civil suit, several million dollars at least. Tied up in court for 18 months and legal bills of a hundred grand at least. Every week, or every day for a year or two, back to the courthouse for another deposition, or another hearing.

Thank you buckhaggard. As a paramedic I worked 2 cases where the patient fell over, or got knocked over in a parking lot, hit his head hard on the asphalt like this guy did. But my 2 patients got fractured skulls and died. It can happen.

Had this guy in the story died, boxer guy would have gotten hit with a massive civil suit, several million dollars at least. Tied up in court for 18 months and legal bills of a hundred grand at least. Every week, or every day for a year or two, back to the courthouse for another deposition, or another hearing.

Yep. Avoidable. If they had just drove off their separate ways within five minutes both guys would have forgotten the whole thing.
How many folks wish they had those five minutes back to undo something they did?
Maybe he's in for a civil suit, but the standard of guilt within the context of a self-defense civil claim has nothing at all to do with the actual damage to the attacker. It has only to do with whether the action on the part of the defender was within his rights under the circumstances. A jury wouldn't be allowed to consider the actual outcome when judging the question of guilt.
Maybe he's in for a civil suit, but the standard of guilt within the context of a self-defense civil claim has nothing at all to do with the actual damage to the attacker. It has only to do with whether the action on the part of the defender was within his rights under the circumstances. A jury wouldn't be allowed to consider the actual outcome when judging the question of guilt.

Tell that to Cameron Poe
Missed all those years with his little Hummingbird......
Originally Posted by JPro

You sir are a man of culture.
Originally Posted by JPro

You sir are a man of culture.

Bad that I'm well versed in such important matters.....

No saying your cousin was wrong. He did however commit assault and could have been charged.

When that happened no charges would have been filed. Frontier justice still existed in Montana in those days.

Today is a different story and we as a society have decayed something awful

Originally Posted by Beaver10
And out of nowhere, a pack of Sow hogs descend upon that guy.

đŸŠ«

Like a screen door in a hurricane, especially the first one on scene smile
You can be 100% in the right, but you don't step up to a stranger pumping your chest out and getting up into their face. You especially don't instigate contact for no good reason. This is survival 101. This might have saved the idiots life in some future altercation.
I am not carrying any water for the jerk who got punched. He deserved to get punched.

But when you look at the possible ramifications today, maybe the puncher guy should have done something else. Possible massive civil lawsuit, etc. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do it.

I saw Adam Cartwright get in to a dozen fistfights on Bonanza. I saw Adam knock out a half dozen bad guys. But, Adam never killed anyone in a fistfight, and there was no civil court in Virginia City in 1866.

Times have changed.

This ain't the Ponderosa, and you ain't Adam Cartwright.
I think the guy could be in big trouble. He was in no danger sitting in a locked truck. He left his truck and then dropped the guy. Up until then the other guy was the aggressor. The vast majority would have driven away. Why would anybody want to engage this idiot? It just isn't worth it.
This is not going to play out very well in front of a jury.
The key word here is “ corners”. The guy that threw the punch did not appear to be “cornered”.
Let’s see he’s between the door and cab I’m calling it cornered
Most fellers don't pack that much inside a short left hook....I'm guessing that ain't the first jaw he's tickled.
Originally Posted by smarquez
I think the guy could be in big trouble. He was in no danger sitting in a locked truck. He left his truck and then dropped the guy. Up until then the other guy was the aggressor. The vast majority would have driven away. Why would anybody want to engage this idiot? It just isn't worth it.

Another coward, why not talk to the guy? So what if he was pissed or maybe the slugger felt like he should apologize for his driving? Stay in California we don't need you.
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Let’s see he’s between the door and cab I’m calling it cornered
What does that have to do with the issue?

I would have just put a round in his skull and went on my way.

Still that seems cowardly and far more likely to draw legal action.
Originally Posted by ringworm
Most fellers don't pack that much inside a short left hook....I'm guessing that ain't the first jaw he's tickled.

Perfect transfer of energy in a compact strike.

Texans are sooooo fuggin funny!

Texans are sooooo fuggin funny!

No it is the cowardly leftist scum that are funny.
I guess his man bun wasn't puffed enough to prevent that jolt of asphalt.

I score the whole thing 10/10...don't come up to a stranger using your slapping, timeout technique...there's a real world out there outside of the soccer mom protection that has consequences for your actions.
Originally Posted by smarquez

Another coward, why not talk to the guy? So what if he was pissed or maybe the slugger felt like he should apologize for his driving? Stay in California we don't need you.
Because I have too much to lose over an idiot like that. Why bother? What do you expect to accomplish by talking to him? You sound like you are just spoiling for a fight. What if they guy had just got his door open and then takes a knife to the gut? Or the guy is a real bad ass and beats him to the punch? You must be really feared in your little town, driving around spoiling for a fight.
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

Ron

Pretty sure they were Rick Hudson designer jeans
Knee pads and zipper in the back 😀

Reading most of the posts
Been there and done that
When the MFer is on the ground twitching and white as a ghost
Reality comes to mind but I even handled that wrong and snatched the MFer by the shirt
The jerk brought him to
And I was over him yelling
You better not die on me muther fugger !
Luckily for me the only wittness was impartial as he knew the MFer and a discussion about consequences stopped any legal action .
But the reality of it did hit home after the jets cooled
If he had died , it would have gotten ugly for me .
But when someone pushes your buttons to the point of the snap
At that moment the snap is all that matters

On the other hand
A guy I know real well went through the legal B.S.
No one was killed but some serious charges with injuries
Legal fees to walk away a free man left him with the shirt on his back and a vehicle
That was a lesson hard learned about settling things in a heated moment in public
Wait
Kenneth
Originally Posted by Kenneth66

Ron

Was Rick actually Rock Hudson's illegitimate step brother?

laugh
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Kenneth66

Ron

Was Rick actually Rock Hudson's illegitimate step brother?

laugh

LOL !
The truth in all of the analysis is that anyone that has ever been in a fight, knows that the guy that punched the loser, was justified. Anyone claiming the need to avoid the situation, isn’t the guy that understands what real men do or don’t do.

That is the difference between the men that built America and the others that benefited from what the industrious men accomplished.

I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them. John Bernard Books
The truth in all of the analysis is that anyone that has ever been in a fight, knows that the guy that punched the loser, was justified. Anyone claiming the need to avoid the situation, isn’t the guy that understands what real men do or don’t do.

That is the difference between the men that built America and the others that benefited from what the industrious men accomplished.

I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them. John Bernard Books
Well said.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Dang, that wicked fast short left hook.

Not that old boy's first rodeo.

Most importantly he punched through the target, continuing to apply force after initial contact. It was a damn good 'un.

I will bet neither guy was in a wheelchair with a sprained ankle.

Internet tough guys are TFF!
Originally Posted by slugflinger

I personally believe that should be an exponential graph. F' around some and most do nothing. But, there is a point where a little amplitude in F'ing around, results in a huge Find Out response.
Originally Posted by DMc
That was a Tyson KO

Exactly
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by slugflinger

I personally believe that should be an exponential graph. F' around some and most do nothing. But, there is a point where a little amplitude in F'ing around, results in a huge Find Out response.

Like advertising expenditures. If you spend too little you get no return. Past a certain point the return ramps up linearly, then exponentially. But past another certain point the marginal return is zero.

I think FAFO follows the same pattern. Like poking the bear.
© 24hourcampfire