Home
Posted By: tikkanut Got a call tonight......... - 12/01/22
SIL in AZ......

Called to let me know our buddy we know together...

SIL introduced me to him 15 years or so ago

44 YO.......lives in north central AZ....had a stroke.......

I just spent 2 nights camping with him last month on the north Kaibiab forest pre deer hunt

Dammmmm I said.......sure hope to get some good news in the next days......

Damm........just damm...prayers to his wife & kids

pic.......FR 212 area in the Kaibiab Forest mid Oct '22

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
So sorry to hear. Pray he recovers.
I’m sorry to hear that but the obvious question considering a stroke at 44 isn’t normal.. was he “vaccinated”?

I hope he can recover fully.
Posted By: rong Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/01/22
Seems way to young to have a stroke,smoker?
Either way hope for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: duke61 Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/01/22
Sorry to hear that, hopefully he'll recover and you'll have many more camping trips together.
Posted By: memtb Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/01/22
Sorry to hear of this! He’s young to be having a stroke….but, I hear of it happening occasionally! Hopefully he has a good recovery, with minimal lasting effects! memtb
Praying for him.

By the way, my darling Mother had a horrible stroke at the age of 47, in 1961.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/01/22
Tikka, best of wishes to your friend and his family during this trying time. Hopefully it's a stroke that he will be able to fully recover from with physical therapy.
Prayers sent
Originally Posted by chris_c
Prayers sent

This. Amen.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m sorry to hear that but the obvious question considering a stroke at 44 isn’t normal.. was he “vaccinated”?

This.
that's tough news. Best to him and his family. Hope you camp with him on NK again soon.
Originally Posted by rong
Seems way to young to have a stroke,smoker?
Either way hope for a speedy recovery.

non smoker..........

vax..........not sure........
Best of luck to him. That just plain sucks.
Sorry brother. 44 is too young for such things. Prayers up for your friend and his family.
Good luck to him for a full recovery.
What general line of work did he do?
That sucks, sorry for you both. There's a lot of that going around these days for us gen xers. Someone should look into it
Two years younger than me. Can’t imagine that happening in my life. Health should never be taken for granted.

Prayers on behalf of your friend for a full recovery.
someone just never knows some days I don't think I could get lucky enough just to get out and be done..
Prior to Covid, one of the bigger reasons for young persons who seem fit to have a stroke is an unidentified hole in the heart. This is a birth defect that many people never know they have until the stroke. My wife had a stroke at 45.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your friend.
Prayers sent.
PJ
I am so sorry. I hope that recovery is quick and complete.
Prayer and modern medicine can perform miracles and I will add to the prayer side of the equation.
My best friend from all the way to 1968 had a stroke at 39. Cocaine the likely culprit. He has been in a nursing home many years now. Not much left of him.
Bad news. Hope your friend makes a full recovery.
Prayers for him.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

This.

My son had a stroke at 30, new borns have a hole in their heart that is supposed to close up after birth, does not always happen and strokes can happen.
He had a 99.8 recovery .

Norm
Originally Posted by duke61
Sorry to hear that, hopefully he'll recover and you'll have many more camping trips together.

This would be great.
I too, pray for a full recovery for your friend. Hang tough!
Posted By: Scotty Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/01/22
Praying for your friend's recovery.
Originally Posted by MikeJinVT
Prior to Covid, one of the bigger reasons for young persons who seem fit to have a stroke is an unidentified hole in the heart. This is a birth defect that many people never know they have until the stroke. My wife had a stroke at 45.

Originally Posted by norm99
My son had a stroke at 30, new borns have a hole in their heart that is supposed to close up after birth, does not always happen and strokes can happen.
He had a 99.8 recovery .

Norm
I had a stroke at 40 that they didn't know the cause of and it turned out to be the hole in my heart like you said. Although I did have high blood pressure and cholesterol and will be on meds the rest of my life. They implanted a device to close it up and haven't had any issues since.

Luckily I haven't had any lasting effects, could have been a lot worse. Hope your son and wife were as lucky as I was.
Originally Posted by MikeJinVT

For sure on the speedy recovery

I found out I had a hole in my heart .Interaterial shunt. The only way to identify it is an ultra sound and they pump saline into your blood while doing it. It can be seen as little bubbles passing thru that hole.Doesn't make a difference if you were vaxed or not. It is suppose to close right after birth. Mine didn't. Yep, had stroke this past July. Did it cause it? I don't know, being 79 yrs old. I take medication for high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Posted By: johnw Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/01/22
Best wishes for him and his
Just an update.....not the ending anyone had expected or wanted of course

My buddy passed away last night at 2130 hrs

SIL.....is a Paramedic with Mesa FD

Explained to me that the MRI scan showed he had lost the major blood flow to his brain

Once all the immediate family was there last night...

They removed him from the life support and he left our world

Hope I explained that correctly...

My SIL introduced me to him in 2005...deer hunting trip here in Utah...been buds since

Over the years he sorta got to be the 'son I never had'

Funeral will be in Snowflake AZ

Thx for all your thoughts/prayers
Very sorry to hear this, may he rest in peace. Way too young.
Posted By: Osky Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/02/22
Very sorry for your news.
Sometimes God brings the good ones home early.
RIP

Osky
My condolences on the loss of your friend, Tikkanut.
Sad to hear that.
I'm sorry to hear that. Rejoice in your memories and know that he is free from the toils of this earth.
Hate to hear this.

Prayers.
Our condolences to you and all his family
Condolences tikka, to you and all related to the guy.
Sorry to hear that news, tik.

Condolences.

🦫
tikkanut;
I'm sorry to read of that development sir.

Please accept my condolences.

My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family left behind.

Dwayne
Condolences Tikka, sorry to here this.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/02/22
Condolences and may he RIP ,sorry
Sorry for your loss Tikka, may he be met in heaven with open arms and by all of his friends and family member that have passed. RIP
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My deepest condolences to you and all his family and friends.
What a sad and terrible outcome. I’m sorry for your loss. I’ll be keeping you all in my prayers but especially for his wife and young family. That poor family will never view the joy and happiness of the Christmas season the same way again. This season will always be a painful reminder of what they lost.

May our Lord grant them all peace and comfort during this difficult time.
Oh boy, that is a gut punch! So sorry for your loss. I hope and pray his family will have some comfort given them during this trying time.
Awww, damn Tikka. Very sorry to hear that.

Condolences to you and the family.

Bill
Really sorry to hear about your friend. My condolences to you and his family and friends.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Oh boy, that is a gut punch! So sorry for your loss. I hope and pray his family will have some comfort given them during this trying time.

Thx to all

I'll miss our phone calls with each other...usually every few days...

sometimes just talking about nuthin'

Seriously...have a bud or someone you know.....

Give 'em a call & just catch up on what ever

Ya never know what tomorrow may bring...
Dam , My Condolences, sometimes lifes just not fair.
So sorry to hear that.
Lost my best friend and hunting buddy 10 years ago to a massive heart attack a day after we hunted together at the Ranch. He was 42.
Terrible when they suddenly pass in the prime of life like that.
Prayers sent for you and his Family.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
So sorry to hear that.
Lost my best friend and hunting buddy 10 years ago to a massive heart attack a day after we hunted together at the Ranch. He was 42.

Life can sometimes suck eh ?
Posted By: rong Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/03/22
Sorry to hear about your buddy,
life can be a roller coaster.Condolences
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
So sorry to hear that.

Life can sometimes suck eh ?

Yes it can.
Sad, awful deal. Hang tough.
My condolences Tikka, I'm very sorry.
Prayers sent for you and the gentleman's family, tikka.
May our Lord watch over, and comfort all of you.
Sorry to hear all this.
Posted By: Diesel Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/06/22
So Sorry. Way too young.
Posted By: JimR Re: Got a call tonight......... - 12/06/22
Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers sent.
This is where we camped in October........

I now call it.......'silence in the pines'

Originally Posted by Diesel
So Sorry. Way too young.

Happy Birthday Diesel........$5.65/gallon here
My condolences to you and the family. Damn.
This pic.........my bud that passed

several years ago on the North Kaibab Forest

Late November rut hunt

Him & my SIL tagged a couple good ones...here's his......

He lived to hunt & loved to hunt !

Originally Posted by tikkanut
This is where we camped in October........

I now call it.......'silence in the pines'

When my buddy passed from a brain tumor/aneurysm we held a big funeral and gathering at the ranch that he lived, worked and gave his life to and afterwards a few of us were going to spread his ashes in a spot not unlike yours. We had to snowshoe into the spot since they snow was thick that winter and after a bit of hiking and a few stories that brought laughter to the gloomy occasion we arrived at the spot. The snow in the normally covered-in-wildflower meadow was virgin and untouched except for an area that looked like an angel had landed in the snow. We were all stunned by the impression in the snow …it was literally in the EXACT spot we had planned to scatter Mike’s ashes. I saw the snowshoe hare tracks darting between the trees and imagined that once he made his break across the snowy meadow that the Great Horned Owl made his move on the hare which was what we saw in the snow….the outstretched wings of the owl as his talons gripped the hare made an impression in the snow but more importantly it left an indelible impression on my memory. It seemed to be a fitting blessing of what would be Mike’s eternal resting place and one that I KNOW Mike would’ve approved of.
Sorry and prayers lifted for your friend and families involved.
© 24hourcampfire