Home
Posted By: Ringman Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
I suppose most of us had some memories which weren't fun. Yesterday this blast from the past came to my mind. What are some of yours?

In 1967 the company I worked for moved from Montesano, Washington to Chula Vista, California. I don’t remember where we stayed while Sue and I looked for an apartment. Sue was about seven or eight months pregnant. At one place the woman manager told us,
“Sorry. I can’t rent to you.”
“Why?” I asked.
“Because your wife might have a boy and I just can’t have that here.”
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by Ringman
I suppose most of us had some memories which weren't fun. Yesterday this blast from the past came to my mind. What are some of yours?

In 1967 the company I worked for moved from Montesano, Washington to Chula Vista, California. I don’t remember where we stayed while Sue and I looked for an apartment. Sue was about seven or eight months pregnant. At one place the woman manager told us,
“Sorry. I can’t rent to you.”
“Why?” I asked.
“Because your wife might have a boy and I just can’t have that here.”

Are you sure you weren't in Bethlehem?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
He is still trying to forget riding next to his daughter or something at 134 miles an hour.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
He is still trying to forget riding next to his daughter or something at 134 miles an hour.

It was OK. The grandkids were in the car.

lol
Posted By: Ringman Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
They took turns driving.
Posted By: pullit Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
This time of year always has an un-fun memory, my mother died Christmas Eve night. A few years later, my mother in law died 2 days before Christmas.
Don't really dwell on it, but can't help but remember.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
Jail's not real fun. Or restraining orders. They're totally un-fun.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by pullit
This time of year always has an un-fun memory, my mother died Christmas Eve night. A few years later, my mother in law died 2 days before Christmas.
Don't really dwell on it, but can't help but remember.

That’s unfortunate, sorry.

My mom died on Halloween and dad passed on St. Patrick’s Day.

Great reason to drink.

🦫
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
My first marriage was unfun for rizzle!
Posted By: TimZ Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
As a matter of fact, today is exactly 5 years since Mom passed away. Still regret that she was home and alone when it happened......
Posted By: Ringman Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by TimZ
As a matter of fact, today is exactly 5 years since Mom passed away. Still regret that she was home and alone when it happened......

So sorry, man.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
I woke up with a sore ass next to a Sasquatch statue. Maybe a caveman statue? Couldn’t tell from the tears of pain in my eyes.

That was un-fun.

P
Posted By: reivertom Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
When I was a rookie Correction Officer and spent Christmas and New Years in prison locked in a unit with 85 thugs.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by TimZ
I took care of my Mom for the last 4 years of her life. She lived next door and I spent a lot of time there, but she could take care of herself to a point. The one morning I decided to sleep a little later than normal. She had had a stoke and was in bad shape for hours before I got there, and died a few days later. Something could happen at any time, It could even happen the moment we step out to get groceries. We can't beat ourselves up for not being able to predict the future.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Un-fun memory - 12/01/22
Lost my 2 1/2 year old grandson to influenza right after T'giving. Nov 2007.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Un-fun memory - 12/02/22
The day I landed in Danang.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Un-fun memory - 12/02/22
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Lost my 2 1/2 year old grandson to influenza right after T'giving. Nov 2007.
Damn that’s tough sorry for your loss
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Un-fun memory - 12/02/22
Originally Posted by reivertom
When I was a rookie Correction Officer and spent Christmas and New Years in prison locked in a unit with 85 thugs.

And yet, you thought it was a great idea to earn a wage... Guilty by Association, isn't that a favorite term of your kind..?
© 24hourcampfire